• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Let us mix & match costume pieces (no 10% xp set bonus)

140 posts in this topic

Posted

+1

Posted

As far as the issue of sets not having the same amount of pieces for the bonus, the system could be set to shoot for the middle ground and bonus activates from having 3, or 4 depending on if they want primary/secondary weapon slots to count, pearl shop outfit pieces equipped.

@CM_Jouska

Posted

As to the chat about prices, Daum will calculate whether or not higher prices hurt their bottom line. Regardless of player economic level, and sometimes corresponding elitism on the Black Desert runway, it's fab that everyone is keen on supporting the game. :D

Yes please to mix and match, though I'm dragging my feet on buying outfits. I'd rather do that when Daum sets up game cards in the USA, or at least has a USA site from which to buy Daum cash. I don't like getting game cash from outside the country. We only unlock ccs when traveling. 

I'm in favour of the added stats on the shop clothes, so please don't remove them. I agree that the xp buff doesn't matter - I prefer to level slowly.

Posted (edited)

way easier solution is a +2% xp for a single item and a +10% for a full set (with mixing allowed obviously) (im not sure if the sword and weapon skins count towards the full set bonus atm, if so lower the single piece xp to +1%)

this way they dont have to be scared people will only buy 1 piece because of the extra xp you get for wearing a costume piece in every slot, but it does give us a bit more flexibillity.

oh and bump bump bump i bought this game for its character creation.. so this is a big issue to me.

Edited by dazzlefeet

Posted (edited)

Please add a mix and match... I see no reason to have it :l

#Want a new hat

If I am honest with you guys, you would make more money if you had a mix and match because I would actually go and buy a damn hat!! >-> Allow me to hat plox. ty

Edited by jjplay175

Posted

+1 for mix and match (keeping set bonuses). While I can live without the 10% xp bonus there is no reason to not let us mix and match .... I would appreciate being able to have pants on my tamer with some of the future costumes coming :) 

Posted

Just going to echo that being able to mix and match would be great. Please!

Posted

+1

This is something I would really appreciate having added.

I want to wear a cool outfit and mix/match some pieces from other sets, but I also want to be effective in grinding/levelling up and 10% exp bonus is not something I want to sacrifice.

I play games like BDO mostly for the character appearance aspect and creating a look that I am inspired by, I'm sure a lot of others do this too, and not being able to have maximum potential in some areas of the game because of this desire feels very unnecessarily punishing.

Also, a solution that could work well would be to have the 10% exp bonus take effect when any three outfit items are equipped! Not sure if you are able to make changes like this to the game and would really hope that something this minor would be in your hands to decide on.

Posted

I doubt anyone important has even noticed this thread, let alone cares about this issue.

Posted

NOTICE UUUUS i want to swap my ugly hat for my awesome hat while retaining the bonus, having spent like 100 euro on costumes itd be nice to be able to use more than one sets pieces >: ( 

Posted

Have to agree with this as I own multiple costumes and would like to mix and match the pieces to suit my tastes.

Posted

MIX AND MATCH!! ---> Care for a poll? xD

Posted

honestly, with the store being so empty and 

with the "HIDE COSTUME" button NOT WORKING ,

i think we need at least this feature because theres so little possibilities as to how your character to look.. its actually kinda sad, even if you *want* to buy what little there is in the store, you can't because no mix-match and because hide costume button doesnt work for other people which is very stupid and you're stuck looking the absolute same way

I see tons of rangers/tamers with regular gear and their names hidden cause they  HIDE THEIR COSTUME -> button WORKS...

Posted

+ mix sets !!!!

Posted

I would love this to happen, but as someone who would have happily bought the costumes even if there were no bonuses applied to them at all.  I'll still rock my mix'n'match set regardless.  (Seriously though, it'd be nice to get the bonuses.)

Posted

Simple solution, allow each of the 4 slot items a certain amount of combat exp for outfits and not life costumes.

IE

- ( Kibelius hat takes 1 slot so 2.5 is given)   [+2.5% skill exp] + its original [10m vision increase]

- (Kibelius Robe takes 2 slots so 5 would be given(torso and wrist))   [+5% Skill Exp] + [-10% Death Penalty and +10% Amity Gain(wrist)]

Not hard to break down the slots and sets of various sizes (2, 3, and 4 set bonuses if done as above to achieve the 10%)

Life costumes can be dealt the same way, but  because the Treant and Fisher's outfits offer level bonuses, I think besides our original [Status] and [Outfit] on our paper dolls ( I menu) throw in another row too the paper doll called [Costume] because outfits and costume have seperate tabs in the Pearl shop.

As far as stat stacking for [Outfits] and [Costumes] just toggle which you'd want too use and add a timer after switching to prevent stat hopping.

Posted

On KR you still got your bonuses when mixing and matching because the bonuses are tied to the individual pieces instead of the whole set.

honestly didn't check on CBT2 to see if that was the case but I'd imagine it was.

Posted

I support this idea

Posted

I would love mix and match!

Posted

Wasn't mix and match supposed to work? I hope they add it here...

Posted

I want

Posted

Seriously, you could significantly increase your revenue if you would find a way to avoid using the +10% XP bonus as a costume set bonus (other bonuses like the camouflage bonus etc. are fine).

Suggestions:

1. Do it like Vindictus (@PM_Belsazar will know what I am talking about): Costumes have a set bonus, but you can wear 5 pieces from 5 different costumes to still receive the full set bonus. To avoid people buying just single pieces (if that's your reasoning behind the current system), you can also use another evil Vindictus trick: Sell stats an non stats versions of the costumes, but for the stats version can only be bought as a full set (even if you will just use one piece).

Yep. Mix & match costs more. Daum/PA should implement this.

Players will get the look they want.

More players will buy more items.

Mix & match total cost is more than single set anyway.

Posted

With more & more outfits released this option would be really appreciated. And if it's already décided, why not to put in quickly instead of waiting we don't know what.

Posted

I don't want to even say how much I like this as I am sure Daum could care what I like, but I will say I would highly likely buy more costumes (got suckered in to buy one and boots and tried to mix/match). 

Have not purchased anything cosmetic since. 

Games like MWO I have purchased close to $1000.00US, and I can tell Daum, wont see any more of my money till they get this fixed.

1 person likes this

Posted

I FEEEL like they really need to do this