• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

build What skills to level first

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I've seen a lot of end game builds for the Witch / Wizard, but what order should we be getting the skills as we level up? I have every intention of mad dashing to 50 when the game drops for early access, and want all my ducks in a row.

Posted

Currently you get a full skill reset on level 45 (at least in CBT2 we did, hopefully it stays that way), so even if you mess your build up you're not losing much. Once you claim the reward, the skill reset has a 7 days timer (it's a one time use I believe and it disappears after a week if not used until then). From what I can see if you're not claiming the reward, you can keep the skill reset for a later time as well. 

The first turning point is at around level 18-19, when you get Fireball Explosion and Lightning Residue. Residue is pretty much a must have on higher ranks. The rest is more of a personal preference - there seem to be people who enjoy focusing on the bigger nukes, I for one prefer the ones I can actually cast within reasonable time - but there're plenty of topics around about the specifics.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am wondering about what skills to focus on while leveling, combined with what to keep for level 50. Some guidence on these boards would be super welcomed.

I am wondering about what skills to focus on while leveling, combined with what to keep for level 50. Some guidence on these boards would be super welcomed.

Posted

id advise staying away from the ice skills in general, i prefer fireball/lightning strike with both of the subcommand skills attached (explosion and residual lightning) for my damage skills with a maxxed mana drain/maxxed both heals

Posted (edited)

id advise staying away from the ice skills in general, i prefer fireball/lightning strike with both of the subcommand skills attached (explosion and residual lightning) for my damage skills with a maxxed mana drain/maxxed both heals

Freezing is actually very powerful in PvP, if you manage to land it. It's also very cheap.

Blizzard is one of the strongest nukes, especially on higher tiers. However, it's quite an investment in both skill points and mana consumption.

Also both can be used mounted, which is great.

Edited by Woland

Posted (edited)

Currently you get a full skill reset on level 45 (at least in CBT2 we did, hopefully it stays that way), so even if you mess your build up you're not losing much. Once you claim the reward, the skill reset has a 7 days timer (it's a one time use I believe and it disappears after a week if not used until then). From what I can see if you're not claiming the reward, you can keep the skill reset for a later time as well. 

The first turning point is at around level 18-19, when you get Fireball Explosion and Lightning Residue. Residue is pretty much a must have on higher ranks. The rest is more of a personal preference - there seem to be people who enjoy focusing on the bigger nukes, I for one prefer the ones I can actually cast within reasonable time - but there're plenty of topics around about the specifics.

I agree with you. The bigger nukes are on long cooldowns and have long cast times. While nice, it's not something you're going to use in every single fight, so focusing on our shorter CD, more spammable skills is a better idea, and making good usage of the various CC attached to the ones we have, while learning how to properly burst with those shorter CD skills. And movement is key, because that's something we're lacking compared to everyone else, so learning how to move and cast is so important, otherwise you will die pretty quickly the moment that Sorc or whoever gets their eye on you, you are dead if you cannot properly kite around while also still using other skills and not just flat out running away.

Edited by Leiloni

Posted

I went all out % Attack with low cool downs and maximum monster hits

3 people like this

Posted

I have level 18 and Light Residue is not available for me in the RU version.

How much SP do you need for it?

Posted

I have level 18 and Light Residue is not available for me in the RU version.

How much SP do you need for it?

Level 18 is for Fireball Explosion. Level 19 is for Lightning Residue, the first level costs only 3 skillpoints.

Posted

I'm going fireball/burst, some lightning/earth, mana drain, both heals and AOE shield due to playing with friends/guildmates and I'll be the support.

Posted

Maybe out of topic by does OP or anyone else have some nice builds for witch? I seen only a Hakuri (?) video about skills

Posted

Maybe out of topic by does OP or anyone else have some nice builds for witch? I seen only a Hakuri (?) video about skills

i got a early end game build with low point investment, i assume that when i reach that point i'll know what does and does not work for me and i'll adjust from there...kinda went glass canon though

and after the beta i kind of want to raise magical arrow a bit more but...meh

Build

1 person likes this

Posted

i got a early end game build with low point investment, i assume that when i reach that point i'll know what does and does not work for me and i'll adjust from there...kinda went glass canon though

Build

I've heard from other players in this forum that multiple arrows and lightning residue are two must haves on any build.

Posted

Build

i read somewhere that magical evasion should be maxed out, is it right? I see that you dont have it, thats why im asking :P

Posted

I've heard from other players in this forum that multiple arrows and lightning residue are two must haves on any build.

Multiple Magic Arrows are more of a PvP investment. It's still useful in PvE as well, but it's pretty expensive for what you get (in case anyone isn't interested in PvP). 

Posted (edited)

i read somewhere that magical evasion should be maxed out, is it right? I see that you dont have it, thats why im asking :P

i am a noob :P that's why i picked some stuff i thought would be useful and after that point i'll have had some experience playing my class more and build from there, and i was hesitating between teleport and evasion but you're right evasion= a lot better than teleport.

yeah thought so...guess i'll revise my build a bit

Build 2.0

still below the 500 point soft cap although a bit more point heavy now.

my priorities after this. mana absorb, spell speed and earths response...i like the fast spells. the nukes are great but the cast time makes me want to rip my face off

also added the mass shield for more group play etc

Edited by Doctor Dumbo

Posted

Multiple Magic Arrows are more of a PvP investment. It's still useful in PvE as well, but it's pretty expensive for what you get (in case anyone isn't interested in PvP). 

blasphemy 😱 Everyone likes pvp

/s

1 person likes this

Posted

blasphemy 😱 Everyone likes pvp

/s

When+you+try+to+create+a+distraction+by+ 

^ me in your average pvp situation

3 people like this

Posted

When+you+try+to+create+a+distraction+by+ 

^ me in your average pvp situation

daww. So cute n pwnable. Woland is right though about the multiple arrows, i suggested it bc it is strong for something you can cast while moving, which may not be as important in pve.

Posted

@Doctor Dumbo not maxing mana drain and chain lightning is gonna be rough in pve. I would go something like this personally : Build

1 person likes this

Posted

I think this is a perfectly viable entry level build for fresh 50s.
It has nothing that you'd really regret, perfect for PvE grinding and arms you with some PvP abilities as well.

If you want to play more support and you don't care about dps in PvP that much you could exchange the points from Magical Arrow to Healing Lighthouse and Protected Area.

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/4101

This build uses 373 skill points which you should have without doing the skill point quests.

Posted (edited)

i'm rethinking my build a bit, i am making a PVX build since i have not decided what my end game will be, i absolutely do not want to be a support caster for pve or pvp. that said however i will put 1 point into some of the group based skills to make myself a bit more usefull in team scenarios but all in all i am a damage dealer at heart

so after some thinking this is what i ended up with: PVX Damage builds

Early 50 below 400 points    >399 SP

Early 50 below 500 points    >481 SP

Late game lots of time spent>802 SP

^pre 400=because from what i heard you're anywhere between 400~500 points around level 50

^pre 500=because it's the SP leveling soft cap. after that leveling it will slow down a lot

and i know MASSIVE SP leap between the pre 500 and after :P but that's what i'll (probably) go for after sinking in a LOOOOOT of hours.

Quick note: i enjoy playing as a damage dealer i do not have the i can fight longer with more damage reduction mentality my thoughts go if i hit harder they have less time to kill me. so my support skills choices might not be the most well thought out choises but i will explain them right now:

Shield spells: after some advice from Erion i've decided to drop the group shield. the personal shield is useful when you're outgunned or when you know all hell is going to break loose and you need something to take the big hit for you. the duration can save you time to get out of the cross hairs and might give you enough time to turn a battle around.

The heals: i picked Pharos in the pre 500 because of the lower SP investment and higher total heal payout compared to aura. that said neither are better than the other, they both have their times of use. i leveled it post 500 because mounted combat is something that looks amazing to me and i will probably love it to bits.

Speed spell: a nice group buff that makes all our attacks 20% faster for 30 seconds at max rank? yes please. i don't really see myself using this outside of group scenarios though so i keep it at rank 1 pre 500 for utility purposes.

Mind Training: i know a lot of people level this late and deep past the 500 soft cap (and it is recommendable). i level them early because even tough it's only a 3 SP investment per skill i see it becoming a hurdle in the future that makes me think: o but those X amount of points i could also invest in this skill right now....i'll do it later. and it will basically stagnate to the point where it'll always stay the last thing on my to do list. and it's a solid 6% cast speed increase at level 50 which is never bad.

Mana absorb: putting it here because lets face it if you're using it for damage purposes only you're using it wrong :P yeah now i'm putting it on level 2 pre 500 because a bit more regen is not a bad thing, i have caught myself being lazy and chugging mana potions in CBT2 because the gain was not THAT great on level 1 

Revive:...hey we're getting it for free anyway? so ...thanks? i'm not planning to become the next great saint so i'm keeping it on level1 

Spheres:....i don't like em.... that's all i have to say about em, personal preference and complete bias :) 

DODGE!:maxed out because that will save your life especially when so many classes and monsters are close quarter oriented. (as stated by Erion probably not needed at max but i like it there :P

Teleport: i used to have this maxed in a build before but i keep it at 1 now. utility wise it can be useful and it gives a bit more speed for a while. but i had a long hard look at the little clips they show and you can actually see the distance increase per level because the wizard in it and the target always start at the same point... the increase is almost nonexistent and the buff provided by the skill is always 10%increase for 10 seconds so not worth it for that either. 

extra health:...not sure what to think about it.... so i'll stick to my kill faster not longer motto and soldier on like the cannon fodder i am destined to become :P 

with the support out of the way let me explain my damage choices and why i changed them the way i did compared to what i posted before:

Fire skills:Fireball 1 even deep end game? i left it like that even at 807 points to show that it's not high in my priority list, i personally LOVE the lightning tree it's what i'll focus on for damage for most of the game, the fireball just opens the way for what i will use in the fire tree and that is Fireball explosion, quick high damage group kaboom. and of course the nuke of the fire skills METEOR: initially 1 because the only time i really plan on using these skills is when i absolutely can without riks to myself or with sage's memory active. i will not deny that trowing a burning rock from orbit into a group of plebs is going to bring a smile to my face but in normal combat situations it will probably stay unused.

Earth skills: earth's response: i like this skill. when your enemies get a little too close for comfort you can do a quick dodge and shove a rod of rock straight up their @$$ and tell them to back off, or deliver a lethal blow while they are down. great for utility and definitely maxed post 500. Earthquake: another of the great 3 nukes, like before this is something that i'll use when i can without risks or in combination with sage's memory. 1 pre 500.

Frost skills: these are more utility skills than damage dealers in my mind that's why i keep freezing and frigid fog at 1 throughout all my builds but blizzard on the other hand is my favorite of the great 3 nukes. don't really have a good reason for it but i just like the skill :) same as before only when i can and in combination with sage's memory that's why pre 500 1.

Lightning: saved the best for last ....well in my opinion anyway....*ahem* so unlike the previous 3 groups this one does not have a great nuke...i know right!? this line deserves a massive Thunder storm!!! anyway getting a bit off track.. so instead of a nuke this element gets 2 basic attacks with a great follow up aoe explosion for both attacks. Lightning chain: great constant easy to use AOE damage with easy to follow visuals for who's getting hurt and it has quite a bit of range. with it's followup lightning storm that is castable even after just briefly using lightning chain these 2 can be used in quick succession to get rid of monsters fast and can end someone on low health in pvp.                   Thunderbolt:i love this skill. thunderstruck shall forever play in my mind when i plan to use it......aaaannyway this is a fast skill and personally my favorite between thunderbolt and chain because of it's overall utility. in a straight up motionless target chain lightning>Thunderbolt...sorry fellas it's true. video and everything....                                         BUT enemies are not motionless and will actively charge you and try to pull your insides outside so you'll be moving around a lot, which makes the channeling time of chain lightning fall short of it's true potential a lot of the times you're using it. while on the other hand thunderbolt will always come falling full force into the face of your enemies. that's why pre 500 i chose this to be maxed instead of chain lightning although they're both amazing. which bring us to the last of the lightning skills the followup to thunder bolt: Lightning residue. not much to say. another hard hitting finisher definitely worth having like every other finisher.

Magic arrows: the people on these forums have informed me of the usefulness of this skill and what they told me makes sense, this is a good pvp skill: it's easy to use on the move, barely has a cost and decent damage output it's a good skill to have. magical arrow bunch is a fast 1 press of the hotbar nuke which can change the fight or kill someone before they have a chance to reach for a potion. and i'm not quite sure about concentrated magical arrow.... until i am convinced it will stay out off my skill builds.

Physical attacks...do we REALLY have to go over this?....sigh......alright. Staff attack. this SHOULD be the last thing you max on your skill list because you have some points left and this was the only place where you could put them i like the orbs more than this skill :/ Dagger stab though... that skill has some potential to be a good close range finisher move. but since i picked a witch because of magic spells so i will stay long range, and this will also be one of those skills that will be filled up because the others are taken.

and that was my way too long explanation of my builds and why i picked what i did, if you read trough all of it and got something out of it i'll be glad. if you have any advice or comments on the build do post them, i've revised my build several times already because of input on these forums and it's still a undecided build since i've never played end game at this point in time :D 

Edited by Doctor Dumbo
changed the builds, updated explenations, thanks for your input and the site for the builds Erion. (changed the below 500 build because i tapped maxed chain lightning instead of it's finisher changed now)
2 people like this

Posted

@Doctor Dumbo

You really should max out that poor Mana Absortion earlier. Also you should not go for Mind Training with the below 400 build. For PvE it doesn't make sense at all in my opinion. Protected Aura in my experience is only good on higher levels, it's either max or none -  but thats my experience. 

Also: You've picked up Sage but didn't put points to any of your nukes on your lower builds. Why?
And why max evasion? O.o

Posted

@Doctor Dumbo

You really should max out that poor Mana Absortion earlier. Also you should not go for Mind Training with the below 400 build. For PvE it doesn't make sense at all in my opinion. Protected Aura in my experience is only good on higher levels, it's either max or none -  but thats my experience. 

Also: You've picked up Sage but didn't put points to any of your nukes on your lower builds. Why?
And why max evasion? O.o

maxed dodge mostly because this :P 

3784294-7454178271-Dodge.gif

but really because i enjoy being mobile. i know it doesn't have to be maxed for mobility, but i can't see the stamina drain on that site so i maxed it for now, worst case scenario i can remove a point or 2 in it and save myself some skill points in my build if the cost is too high compared to the stamina decease you gain

mind training was mostly a personal choice because i can neglect skills like that and forget their overall usefulness. at 50 it is a good 6%decrease in anything castable you have. and i know i really should invest in it at a later point but that 6% decrease in cast time compared to a bit more damage on 1 skill makes me lean more towards the mind training (personal preference all the way :P ) do note that i know that i should know better :D 

the AOE protect was there for utility purposes, mostly for big scale pvp. with the thought of: even if it's not much i can put down something to help or even save some team mates by investing a few points. i haven't tried it in CBT2 so i don't know it's usefulness on level 1 but with your input on that i think i'll save myself some points. i'll think about it thank you

good point on the sage...but i would still like to use it for utility even on low level nukes (getting ambushed by a Pk'er when i'm not prepared,or when i'm swarmed by enemies somehow kind of situations) and thanks to the huge SP gap between 500>807 my building thoughts aren't shown all that well, after lightning chain gets it's last point it's meteor's turn than blizzard and quake, it's going to take a bit more time after 500 but i think i'll be alright.

and mana absorb gets maxed pre 500 :) ....actually ....i think i can max it pre 400 too......yes i can....well....no reason not to... yeah you're right i should :P 

my initial thoughts were something like: level 2 is enough at the moment but if i can get more and still have a good pre 400 build i'll take it :D i'll take your input into consideration and change the build above a bit somewhere tomorrow thank you :)

Posted

@Doctor Dumbo

Use the site that I've recommended to people:

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/

Got a lot more detail. And if I were you I wouldn't max that evasion. You can dodge plenty without it. You won't need more in PvE, I can almost guarantee it.

Keep in mind that you'll only have one reset at 45. I would keep it for 53-54 so by the time you'll have a good sense of how you like to play things you'd have a reset ready.

1 person likes this