• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Wiggles Pay2Win Discussion Ft. LazyPeon

177 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What are your thoughts? 

ATM, nothing in the cash shop in CBT2 bothered me except the boat/wagon you can buy. Prices were fine to me, it'd be nice if they were lowered of course. But BUSINESS is business. Daum's gotta make paper. Those complaining prices are too high, you have to realize that You don't really NEED anything in the Cashshop in order to get the FULL experience of the game. Like Sizer mentioned in this thread. http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/18609-make-cash-shop-more-expensive/ Think of the Cashshop as A Luxury Shop. You don't need it, but If you can afford it , go ahead.

Overall I think that this game will eventually die down , I'd say the 6 month mark (1 year max). Then will go free to play. Soon after RNG boxes will come and slowly the game turns to P2W.

This is all My OPINION and Hopefully I am wrong of course. 

But despite all, Nothing stopped me from buying a Conquerors pack. And Nothing will make me quit this game. (unless I get bored with it)

Black Desert Online is LOVE, Black Desert Online is LIFE.

In the end , Trust Daum and Believe in Jouska.

Edited by Iiqhtninq
11 people like this

Posted

* slaps the lazy peon to get him to go to work! *

Damn lazy Warcraft 3 peons..

1 person likes this

Posted

Unfortunately , I Feel like after 6 months when the game dies down, game will go free to play. Then Drift into P2W with RNG BOXES etc.

Hopefully I am wrong.

4 people like this

Posted

this discussion is pointless. you can use a flare to see ppls name with an ent suit. like whut. they only have like 2 months of knowledge about the game. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately , I Feel like after 6 months when the game dies down, game will go free to play. Then Drift into P2W with RNG BOXES etc.

Hopefully I am wrong.

Hate to say this but I have to agree. But even if this game ventures into p2w , I wont leave unless i get bored. I doubt that will happen any time soon tho.

and lol at peon rage at 28:15

Edited by Iiqhtninq

Posted

Hopefully I am wrong.

Unless they fundamentally change the game i don't see any other future for it as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

For me and many others it falls under the P2W category as soon as they have items in the cash shop that give advatages that cannot be obtained through gameplay.

In BDO pets, costumes, horse costumes and G-suits fall under that category. Experience pots aswell if there isnt a cap that can be obtained through gameplay. This wouldnt be an issue in a pure PvE game, cos there would be no one to win over, but in a competative MMO it surely in a P2W issue. With costumes it comes down to experience, deth penatly reduction and such combined with the unlimited max level, same deal with pets if you are lucky enough to get it.

G-suit I dont even need to explain.

I like the idea to buy it with silver directly from the CS.

Posted

For me and many others it falls under the P2W category as soon as they have items in the cash shop that give advatages that cannot be obtained through gameplay.

In BDO pets, costumes, horse costumes and G-suits fall under that category. Experience pots aswell if there isnt a cap that can be obtained through gameplay. This wouldnt be an issue in a pure PvE game, cos there would be no one to win over, but in a competative MMO it surely in a P2W issue. With costumes it comes down to experience, deth penatly reduction and such combined with the unlimited max level, same deal with pets if you are lucky enough to get it.

G-suit I dont even need to explain.

I like the idea to buy it with silver directly from the CS.

you use a flair to make the name visible for ppl that use a G-suit.

Posted (edited)

I expected Pvt to completely fanboy over the game, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Only 16 minutes in and I agree with everything they've said so far.  

Edited by SammySJ

Posted

What are your thoughts? 

okay I just Said what they suggested >_>

Posted

Personally atm, nothing in the cash shop bothers me, except the part where u can buy a skin for boat, and the actual boat comes with it. I've heard that a boat can take quite a while to build. The idea of buying it from cash shop kinda bothers me. nobiggie tho

I expected Pvt to completely fanboy over the game, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Only 16 minutes in and I agree with everything they've said so far.  

umhmm agreed

Posted

if its pay to win. wheres the enchant mats? the crystals? the pvp gear? teleport devices and so on?

XP & luck isnt pay to win you little -----s.....

the 10% does not matter enless you stack the potion+food+both XP scrolls+the other scroll & even then at 50+ its not very big....

all your stats like luck etc are maxed once you hit 50....you are not gaining a pay to win so by using it from 1-50 your geting help .P,S they nerfed luck in CBT2. in CBT1 +5 luck i was geting green drops on every mob now im lucky if i get one in a 100+ kills just thought i'd warn people....10% XP is not very big

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I completely agree with them, it is ridiculous that we have a f2p cash shop on a b2p game. I guess wait and see to what they change if anything at all.

If  they listen to absolutely no feedback on the cashop, to me it will be proof they just intend to cashgrab and that the cashop will likely get much, much worse in the future.

I really hope they listen to the community, and yes it is rather obvious the majority at least is against buying yourself a boat from the shop, against the dye system, against stats on costumes that are not obtainable ingame, against skill reset through cash shop only(wtf).

It is a big list of problems with the cash shop, and more stuff like it will come for sure.

Edited by Roamer

Posted

What are your thoughts? 

buy this guy logic, if I play 14hours a day and others can only play 8hours a day
I pay 2 win.

Posted (edited)

if its pay to win. wheres the enchant mats? the crystals? the pvp gear? teleport devices and so on?

the 10% does not matter enless you stack the potion+food+both XP scrolls+the other scroll & even then at 50+ its not very big....

all your stats like luck etc are maxed once you hit 50....you are not gaining a pay to win so by using it from 1-50 your geting help .P,S they nerfed luck in CBT2. in CBT1 +5 luck i was geting green drops on every mob now im lucky if i get one in a 100+ kills just thought i'd warn people....10% XP is not very big

I really don't understand how people seem to think 10% xp is nothing. If you level up for 10 hours then it gives you an extra hour worth of xp. That's still a big deal in the end. In some games you can get 5-10% buffs to monster xp but quests are one of the huge part of the xp you get so monster xp is not so important but here all our xp come from them pretty much.

Edited by Gharvar

Posted (edited)

buy this guy logic, if I play 14hours a day and others can only play 8hours a dayI pay 2 win.

Since you would not actually pay anything while you played for 14hours a day, no.

You would play to win.

Edited by Roamer

Posted

the 5 luck doesn't contribute much to drops indeed. there are so many people in these forums that have no idea how the game works, they just listen, read and nod yes like sheep.

Posted

Since you would not actually pay anything while you played for 14hours a day, no.

You would play to win.

BUT I WOULD GET MORE XP !

Posted

Yeah, after watching this I feel even worse about the whole mess. 

Posted

anyone have a TL;DW? at work so cant watch

Posted

BUT I WOULD GET MORE XP !

Yes and you would do that by playing the game, not flashing your wallet.

Exactly what he wants and what everyone who is against p2w wants :) I wonder how the ----- your logic actually works, can it be even called logic? That is the real question here :D

Posted (edited)

anyone have a TL;DW? at work so cant watch

i have, they say the ent suit is pay to win lolololol 

they also think there is a costume you can buy in the shop that gives 5% horse exp but you can only craft it ingame

further more these guys only have like 2 months of experience. don't be bothered with this, the only thing that's wrong is that the cash shop prices are a bit too high that's all.

ALSO: you can still see the player on the radar even if he has the ent suit on.

Edited by Aedix
5 people like this

Posted

i have, they say the ent suit is pay to win lolololol 

they also think there is a costume you can buy in the shop that gives 5% horse exp but you can only craft it ingame

further more these guys only have like 2 months of experience. don't be bothered with this, the only thing that's wrong is that the cash shop prices are a bit too high that's all.

so much assumptions and jumping to conclusions by these 2 with so little actual experience >_> THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING

2 people like this

Posted

Pay 2 Convenience IS Pay 2 Win. Especially in an economy driven game like this.

Posted

so much assumptions and jumping to conclusions by these 2 with so little actual experience >_> THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING

exactly. as long as we don't have loot scrolls in the cash shop it's all good.