• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Wiggles Pay2Win Discussion Ft. LazyPeon

177 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure people have realized yet that you don't need an Ent suit to hide your name plate. All you need is to duck or crawl.

The entrance price argument is also hillarious. So you expect the game to have no follow up profit? Funny. Everyone's talking as though you're being forced to buy a costume every month like a subscription.

I'm fine with and I like Wiggles, but I couldn't take it this video.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

I'm not sure people have realized yet that you don't need an Ent suit to hide your name plate. All you need is to duck or crawl.

They got their troll CBT key what did you expect,lol.Mobs in BDO have more brain than these people.

They got their troll CBT key what did you expect,lol.Mobs in BDO have more brain than these people.

Posted

Because Peon is a well known and respected MMO player who has experience with a lot of similar games? The entire opinion isn't invalidated just because Peon hasn't spent months playing BDO.

Because Peon is a well known and respected MMO player who has experience with a lot of similar games? The entire opinion isn't invalidated just because Peon hasn't spent months

Lol  

Because Peon is a well known and respected MMO player who has experience with a lot of similar games? The entire opinion isn't invalidated just because Peon hasn't spent months playing BDO.

Because Peon is a well known and respected MMO player who has experience with a lot of similar games? The entire opinion isn't invalidated just because Peon hasn't spent months

Lol  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Forum being troll :l

My one problem is the boat... not because it's being sold itself, but because later we'll have naval combat and I dont know how that's gonna work out.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted (edited)

The cash shop is hardly pay to win, as the items from the pearl store are cosmetic and provide little (if any) real advantage - and certainly don't provide anything to players that is unattainable in-game. Also, you can't sell these items on the marketplace - which is the biggest aspect of pay to win - as players are able to exchange real life money for in-game currency. That feature isn't available in Black Desert Online.

The cash shop is hardly pay to win, as the items from the pearl store are cosmetic and provide little (if any) real advantage - and certainly don't provide anything to players that is unattainable in-game. Also, you can't sell these items on the marketplace - which is the biggest aspect of pay to win - as players are able to exchange real life money for in-game currency. That feature isn't available in Black Desert Online.

This is a quote from Diary i will highlight the text. I will play the game but we can clearly see the direction of the game before even starts, i really wish to be wrong, in Korea u are able to buy from shop and sell on market example that pet worth 18 mil silver wich is is a + 15 weapon. Real money = currency = + 15 weapon.  U can debate from this day until end of time but in the end this will be added sooner than later.

IL play the game( i already payed 100$) because is awesome but we are clearly we receive a worst version of the game that in F2P have no auto-loop a system energy that will be a crushing experience later on, and high prices in cash shop .

Don't take this quote like i have something whit u but i wanna just share some concerns.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/

• Cash Shop items will not be possible to sell on the marketplace at launch phase
  • If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace
  • 100 Mileage will be distributed via daily login
  • Miles are family bound; items are character bound
Edited by JackSpparrow

Posted (edited)

I'll just repost what I posted on that video.

"Consider this: Even if BDO was F2P in NA/EU people would complain that its pay to win, even though its not. You arent OP when you buy a costume and a few pets. The key thing is its for the long run. Do you honestly think the nickpickers that are -----ing about the game being P2W up and down the forums are REALLY going to stick with this game for the long run? No. Theyre too picky for that. Lets tack on the fact that a majority of those people probably havent even tested out the game on the Korean client, where (by the standards of those complaining) BDO is even MORE P2W. WHEN IN FACT thats not the case. You can gear yourself out with silver gained via selling a few costumes you paid real money for. Yes. BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU WIN. You have to be GOOD to win. This game requires SKILL. End rant."

Edited by Kommander Kickass
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Kinda irrelevant but I don't want to make a separate thread, this article is pure gold.

For $32 you too can look like a bush. Bargain.

Edited by SammySJ

Posted

I'll just repost what I posted on that video.

"Consider this: Even if BDO was F2P in NA/EU people would complain that its pay to win, even though its not. You arent OP when you buy a costume and a few pets. The key thing is its for the long run. Do you honestly think the nickpickers that are -----ing about the game being P2W up and down the forums are REALLY going to stick with this game for the long run? No. Theyre too picky for that. Lets tack on the fact that a majority of those people probably havent even tested out the game on the Korean client, where (by the standards of those complaining) BDO is even MORE P2W. WHEN IN FACT thats not the case. You can gear yourself out with silver gained via selling a few costumes you paid real money for. Yes. BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU WIN. You have to be GOOD to win. This game requires SKILL. End rant."

Ask all players that played in other regions Gear > Level > Skill. Ty

Posted (edited)

When a game doesn't have a level cap and you can potentially BUY yourself 21%xp gains through pets alone,  HOW exactly is this not P2W?  

Normally it's called Pay for Convenience,  but that went out the window without a level cap.  

Edited by Detcelfer

Posted

Kinda irrelevant but I don't want to make a separate thread, this article is pure gold.

Lold as soon as I read the title :D

Lold as soon as I read the title :D

Posted (edited)

Ask all players that played in other regions Gear > Level > Skill. Ty

Last I checked you have to have the ability to hit your target.
Gear means nothing if you cant manage that.
Same thing with the fact that if you just buy a ton of great gear but you dont know your combos, or when to dodge or block.
Gear means nothing in those cases.

Playing a ranger and utilizing the fact that you have an auto lock onto your target?
Great! What happens when you dont know how to use your mobility skills and a warrior walks up to you, grabs you, and proceeds to john cena your boo-tay into the dirt and you die? Does gear save you over the fact that you have no skill?

Probably not.

Edited by Kommander Kickass

Posted (edited)

I don't care about the +10% EXP etc. buffs. But selling BOATS along with a boat skin*? Or wagon along with a wagon skin? That is lame. Not because it's p2w per se but because it takes away a sense of achievement from players that crafted their boat themselves. It was a long process but very satisfying one. And now... everyone can have a boat, like it's nothing you could be proud of. That is the most disappointing element of the cash shop for me.

* Maybe it was a beta bug? But I doubt it...

Edited by athreus

Posted (edited)

For $32 you too can look like a bush. Bargain.

Edited by Detcelfer

Posted (edited)

What happens when you dont know how to use your mobility skills and a warrior walks up to you, grabs you

I die. That's the only part it takes.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted (edited)

I don't care about the +10% EXP etc. buffs. But selling BOATS along with a boat skin*? Or wagon along with a wagon skin? That is lame. Not because it's p2w per se but because it takes away a sense of achievement from players that crafted their boat themselves. It was a long process but very satisfying one. And now... everyone can have a boat, like it's nothing you could be proud of. That is the most disappointing element of the cash shop for me.

I thought that was a skin for your wagon or boat.  Not actually buying the wagon and boat itself.   Did I read it wrong?   Correct me if so.

Edited by Detcelfer

Posted

Last I checked you have to have the ability to hit your target.Gear means nothing if you cant manage that.
Same thing with the fact that if you just buy a ton of great gear but you dont know your combos, or when to dodge or block.

Playing a ranger and utilizing the fact that you have an auto lock onto your target?
Great! What happens when you dont know how to use your mobility skills and a warrior walks up to you, grabs you, and proceeds to john cena your boo-tay into the dirt and you die? Does gear save you over the fact that you have no skill?

Probably not.

No point to argue hit u  in a set + 15 another in + 16 or 17 will wreck u all day long u do like zero dmg .

Last I checked you have to have the ability to hit your target.Gear means nothing if you cant manage that.

Probably not.

No point to argue hit u  in a set + 15 another in + 16 or 17 will wreck u all day long u do like zero dmg .

Posted

I thought that was a skin for your wagon or boat.  Not actually buying the wagon and boat itself.   Did I read it wrong?   Correct me if so.

In CBT2 when you bought boat skin it came with a boat. It seemed it wasn't a bug.

In CBT2 when you bought boat skin it came with a boat. It seemed it wasn't a bug.

Posted

I agree with what you added to OP. but i prefer we all STFU, and just enjoy the game as it is.

Posted (edited)

I missed the fact that you can buy a boat from the marketplace...

Edited by Illusive

Posted (edited)

Lol I just got to the skill reset part and I couldn't take anymore and closed it (well, it was ending anyway). Sorry but as much as I like Wiggles, he still has a lot of wowtard in him.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted (edited)

When a game doesn't have a level cap and you can potentially BUY yourself 21%xp gains through pets alone,  HOW exactly is this not P2W?  

Normally it's called Pay for Convenience,  but that went out the window without a level cap.  

You can get 15% from the pets, the same effects don't stack (7% + 5% + 3%). It's potentially a total of 25% while being lucky with pets and buying costume. 

There's soft cap, so the damage is kind of controlled that way. 

As for people saying this Lazypigeon person's opinion doesn't matter, there's an other side of that coin as well. The video shows an insight on how a player who generally has no clue about the game itself reacts to the things you can get from the cash shop. Regardless his worries are with or without basis, this is how new players are likely to react when they look up details about the game. 

Edited by Woland
forum pls
1 person likes this

Posted

The boat thing is the first thing I've heard of that seems very p2w.

The boat thing is the first thing I've heard of that seems very p2w.

Posted (edited)

I agree with what you added to OP. but i prefer we all STFU, and just enjoy the game as it is.

This is a long week, I am sure we all agree and we are all bored waiting for the game. Might as well do some shitposting in the forums.

wagon as well. Hope they'll change that for release

Edited by Iiqhtninq

Posted

^Round of applause for this gentleman.
+1

cn_image.size_.oscar-statue-nominations.jpg

^Round of applause for this gentleman.
+1

cn_image.size_.oscar-statue-nominations.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is a long week, I am sure we all agree and we are all bored waiting for the game. Might as well do some shitposting in the forums.

Amen brother.

I'll only say this; this video is the prime example of why I never recommend Youtube to new players. Both of these guys supplied terrible misinformation and applied their "superstitions" into their arguments. I can't believe that someone who played foreign versions of this game could say these things, considering this "slippery slope" of theirs never happened.

They are making suggestions almost identical to the suggestions that other players have made here, 90% of them detrimental to the game. 

btw: WTF is up with the forums!!???

Edited by Dragoon