• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Wiggles Pay2Win Discussion Ft. LazyPeon

177 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

No point to argue hit u  in a set + 15 another in + 16 or 17 will wreck u all day long u do like zero dmg .

I've been able to beat +16-18 geared players in KR while having mostly +15 yellow gear.
Like I said, you have to be good to win. Learn other's ability sets. Learn what you need to do to counter other's attacks.
If you know when to peel you can survive. If you know when to block and when not to block, guess what? You can survive.
If your enemy doesnt block or dodge or run, they'll die eventually.

Deny it all you want.  Doesnt make it any less valid of a fact.

Edited by Kommander Kickass

Posted

Regardless of whether or not you believe the game is already p2w, you can't deny the fact that Daum LIED about the cash shop being purely cosmetic.

Regardless of whether or not you believe the game is already p2w, you can't deny the fact that Daum LIED about the cash shop being purely cosmetic.

Posted (edited)

Still waiting for an announcement on prices from Daum.

Edited by Gharvar

Posted

btw: WTF is up with the forums!!???

070115_chc_rizzo_magic_med2_jitervdi.gif

Posted (edited)

The cash shop is hardly pay to win, as the items from the pearl store are cosmetic and provide little (if any) real advantage - and certainly don't provide anything to players that is unattainable in-game. Also, you can't sell these items on the marketplace - which is the biggest aspect of pay to win - as players are able to exchange real life money for in-game currency. That feature isn't available in Black Desert Online.

I'm not quite sure why you are telling me it's not pay to win. I did not say it is. I just think people should stop saying the set buffs really don't matter at all because if they did not matter everyone would easily agree that those buffs should be removed from the costumes. Clearly people want them even if they keep preaching they are hardly useful.

Edited by Gharvar

Posted (edited)

How can you not understand that having 3 tier 3 pets makes a world of difference? you can literally make triple the amount of silver an hour compared to someone who doesn't have those pets, if that is not an advantage then i don't know what is. (Don't forget that "silver = gear" in this game)

zmzid.jpg

Edited by Endregon
1 person likes this

Posted

How can you not understand that having 3 tier 3 pets makes a world of difference? you can literally make triple the amount of silver an hour compared to someone who doesn't have those pets, if that is not an advantage then i don't know what is. (Don't forget that "silver = gear" in this game)

zmzid.jpg

R U CRYING? u have no money to buy a few pets? just buy 3 pets. 27$ forget breeding to higher tier.

It is a advantage. but it wont stop u from getting the full experience of the game.

Some of you seriously dont have a fking clue wat p2w is.

Posted (edited)

Are we really even surprised anymore by the fact that the majority of mmos launch one way and within a year switch gears via the cash shop going from cosmetic to p2w, or their initial business model be it the game going free to play or sub based ect. This world is fickle when it comes to mmo's and honestly the game will do well any direction that DAUM decides to go. Just sit back and enjoy the game for what it is, don't get caught up in all the political mumble jumbo of the game that ends up ruining the experience for everyone.

Edited by Anablue

Posted (edited)

That was not a discussion, but a conversation. Just wanted to point that out.

Oh, and I agree with the boat. :ph34r: 

Edited by Vaelore
Silly forums

Posted (edited)

Are we really even surprised anymore by the fact that the majority of mmos launch one way and within a year switch gears via the cash shop going from cosmetic to p2w, or their initial business model be it the game going free to play or sub based ect. This world is fickle when it comes to mmo's and honestly the game will do well any direction that DAUM decides to go. Just sit back and enjoy the game for what it is, don't get caught up in all the political mumble jumbo of the game that ends up ruining the experience for everyone.

this.

Edited by Iiqhtninq

Posted (edited)

zmzid.jpg

So if you don't have pets you can't loot it yourself?And you know that 3 pets won't loot the same mob 3 times,so idk how will you make 3x the amount of silver.

P.S t.3 loot every 4~6s.

Cool-story-bro_Rambo_5510_600_h_jpg_550×476_pixels.jpg

Edited by Fr3zZy

Posted (edited)

R U CRYING? u have no money to buy a few pets? just buy 3 pets. 27$ forget breeding to higher tier.

It is a advantage. but it wont stop u from getting the full experience of the game.

Hahaha, i am going to buy all the items i'm just not going full fanboy mode trying to deny that you actually need to drop some money on the game to be competitive.

Edited by Endregon

Posted (edited)

When a game doesn't have a level cap and you can potentially BUY yourself 21%xp gains through pets alone,  HOW exactly is this not P2W?  

Normally it's called Pay for Convenience,  but that went out the window without a level cap.  

Except the game has a level cap, it's just not a hard cap, and it's 55 for us. As I stated already, you will never go past it before Mediah. 

Can we open parrot hunting season in the forums please? All these people just spouting whatever crap the read in random places over and over again is getting tiring.

Last I checked you have to have the ability to hit your target.Gear means nothing if you cant manage that.
Same thing with the fact that if you just buy a ton of great gear but you dont know your combos, or when to dodge or block.
Gear means nothing in those cases.

Playing a ranger and utilizing the fact that you have an auto lock onto your target?
Great! What happens when you dont know how to use your mobility skills and a warrior walks up to you, grabs you, and proceeds to john cena your boo-tay into the dirt and you die? Does gear save you over the fact that you have no skill?

Probably not.

No. You're going to knock him down, do your fancy combo, he will get up with a whopping 10% damage received, and will proceed to clear the floor clean with your behind. 

Seriously, gear >> anything else, there is no discussion.

Edited by insert_brain
1 person likes this

Posted

Wait, what?? So, in one sentence you say that paying gives you an advantage, then next say someone else doesn't know what p2w is? p = pay, 2= to, w= win. You described a situation where PAYING HELPS YOU WIN and then say it isn't pay to win. I can't even.

Wait, what?? So, in one sentence you say that paying gives you an advantage, then next say someone else doesn't know what p2w is? p = pay, 2= to, w= win. You described a situation where PAYING HELPS YOU WIN and then say it isn't pay to win. I can't even.

Posted

So if you don't have pets you can't loot it yourself?

My point exactly . It would be p2w if you cant loot yourself. and the only option is to buy pets. THATS p2w

amen mate

Posted (edited)

So if you don't have pets you can't loot it yourself?And you know that 3 pets won't loot the same mob 3 times,so idk how will you make 3x the amount of silver.

P.S t.3 loot every 4~6s.

Aight, so you farm catfish for an hour without pets and i'll do it with pets, lets compare the money we both make :P 

Edited by Endregon

Posted (edited)

But

P.S t.3 loot every 4~6s.

I think what he means is the time spent looting. Seems like an arbitrary number, but it's a fact that pets do speed up grinding by quite a lot (you don't have to look for loot, move to it, loot one by one, run farther away for those who died apart from the bigger blob).

I believe T1 pets on level 10 can loot every 4-6 seconds. Tier 3 on level 10 loots about every 2-3 seconds. 

Edited by Woland

Posted

GUY with pet : Can loot. Loot faster.

GUY with no pet : Can loot. Loot Slower.

= Pay for Convenience. 

I am too tired for this. If you dont like it, no ones forcing u to play the game.

Posted (edited)

Either troll or full-on retard.

Edited by Katsuragi
TOP KEK FORUM

Posted (edited)

Aight, so you farm catfish for an hour without pets and i'll do it with pets, lets compare the money we both make :P 

That's just saving time that's not p2w :P 

My point exactly . It would be p2w if you cant loot yourself. and the only option is to buy pets. THATS p2w

amen mate

+1 brother

I believe T1 pets on level 10 can loot every 4-6 seconds. Tier 3 on level 10 loots about every 2-3 seconds. 

T1s are 10s T2s 8s T3s not sure 4~6 T4s 2s :D

Edited by Fr3zZy

Posted (edited)

Either troll or full-on retard.

how about you play past lvl 20 before you drop your wisdom :P

Edited by Endregon
Best forum 2k16

Posted (edited)

how about you play past lvl 20 before you drop your wisdom :P

I did. Probably more so than you since I was playing RU. But I won't just go full retard and judge your experience out of thin air. I'll just ignore you.

Edited by Katsuragi
TOP KEK FORUM

Posted (edited)

Daum should really listen to these guys. I think they say what a lot of us are thinkning and feeling.

Edited by RURU
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I did. Probably more so than you since I was playing RU. But I won't just go full retard and judge your experience out of thin air. I'll just ignore you.

Well i judge your experience on your knowledge, either you played very little or you didn't know what you where doing

That's just saving time that's not p2w :P 

Making more money in less time ---> getting better gear faster ---> win

Hence pay 2 win

Edited by Endregon

Posted

Sooo repetitive...

Sooo repetitive...