• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Immersive breaking cosmetic

Do you want immersive breaking cashshop items?   752 votes

1. 1. Do you want immersive breaking cashshop items?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

455 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Let's talk a bit about cosmetics, in quite many good KR games there's sadly alot of immersive breaking cosmetics & mounts, few examples so we're on the same page here:
-Car mounts
-Modern> school uniforms, swimsuits, gentleman/gangster suits
-Gun/lollipop/ weapon skins

There's a few of many examples. Worth to mention is that I am not speaking of sci-fi mmos where guns would be acceptable (steampunk stuff isn't wrong either I'd say)

So, do you want this game to have another generic bullshit immersive breaking cashshop?
Which items would you find okay to bring in the world of Black Desert?

Edited by Kraved
12 people like this

Posted

I know the inevitable, this will happen as much as I dislike it so what I can only ask for is an option to turn off costumes for other players.

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

I know the inevitable, this will happen as much as I dislike it so what I can only ask for is an option to turn off costumes for other players.

Good suggestion. I disagree, it seems like DAUM is listening a bit on it's upcoming playerbase, so it's good to make your voice heard.

Edited by Kraved
1 person likes this

Posted

Mmmh, Immersion isn't so big a deal. I actually laugh when I see particularly outrageous costumes or crazy things. But I suppose I'm in the minority. I would love to beat things to death with a frying pan personally. But then again I normally go for the chibiest thing I can and make it into a god-killing superbeast and that's insanely funny for me. I like it when things don't make much sense I suppose @.@

11 people like this

Posted

I think the costumes like that are going to happen. They already have in other versions. But if I see a car mount...I might just scream.
Still can't say I'd stop playing. I dont think it would be possible since you gotta get your mount ingame. Don't you?

3 people like this

Posted

modern cosmetics, can see that happen

the car mounts and hello kitty stuff along with the lollipop things.. ain't happening in this game because pearl abyss clearly stated that they wanted to keep the game as realistic as possible. and i really want them to keep that promise >..<.

5 people like this

Posted

-Modern> school uniforms, swimsuits, gentleman/gangster suits

I see no problem with these since it's just costumes

a car mount would break more

weapon skins I see no problem with either 

1 person likes this

Posted

Did you say car mounts?

AUT-22-RK3355-01P.JPG

Yes please! Ops.. I think im on the wrong forum xD

Posted

Did you say car mounts?

AUT-22-RK3355-01P.JPG

Yes please! Ops.. I think im on the wrong forum xD

maxresdefault.jpg

5 people like this

Posted

Still waiting on Gundam costumes. 

2 people like this

Posted

maxresdefault.jpg

Lol are these for real? Thats quite cute camaro you got there:D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm all for modern costumes but ridiculous, out of place mounts and weapons... no thanks. Leave the squirrel and unicorn mounts in Rift pls

15154d1382725388t-squirrel-mount-squirre 

jfWZ77j.png <- you see this? LOL Looks like something out of a disney movie

It would ruin the time and detail they put into the rest of the world for me. :/ 

Just keep giving us cool armors for mounts and fancy weapons like, because this 

564C0A5B4601800009

564C0F193A3A3F000B 

is how you show off 

Edited by Circe
3 people like this

Posted

I can Imagine...

Daum: -Hey players of BDO! We decided to make the nights darker to improve immersion! OH and we also added a lollipop sword and schoolgirl uniforms.

I'd rather they stick to the medieval theme.

5 people like this

Posted

I'm all for modern costumes but ridiculous, out of place mounts and weapons... no thanks. Leave the squirrel and unicorn mounts in Rift pls

15154d1382725388t-squirrel-mount-squirre 

jfWZ77j.png <- you see this? LOL Looks like something out of a disney

It would ruin the time and detail they put into the rest of the world for me. :/ 

Just keep giving us cool armors for mounts and fancy weapons like, because this is how you show off 

564C0A5B4601800009

564C0F193A3A3F000B 

Ur character looks very good! and that sexyass cobra staff tho

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's just like real life. Everyone can't keep their nose on their face. Gotta be worried about what other people are doing / wearing.

Some stuff is a bit too much but I trust the game company to keep the direction for the game they have in mind. Not sure why this even needs to be discussed.

Edit - Squirrel mount is cute. Wouldn't be in BDO though.

Edited by Locket
3 people like this

Posted

It's just like real life. Everyone can't keep their nose on their face. Gotta be worried about what other people are doing / wearing.

Some stuff is a bit too much but I trust the game company to keep the direction for the game they have in mind. Not sure why this even needs to be discussed.

Edit - Squirrel mount is cute. Wouldn't be in BDO though.

Likewise. It's good to see the community bring up possible concerns (Although pretty outlandish at times) that may effect the game, but I have faith in Daum providing a strong experience that will cater to the overall Western experience. Excuse Locket, she's very direct with people but deep down she means well.

Posted (edited)

. Excuse Locket, she's very direct with people but deep down she means well.

giphy.gif

Edited by Zev
2 people like this

Posted

giphy.gif

Na man.

Posted

Ur character looks very good! and that sexyass cobra staff tho

That cobra staff looks insanely good!

I dont like the idea of having wings though!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Na man.

700bb4509eeaf1d3c9686753e9870f90.jpg

Edited by Locket

Posted

I would love a horse like this though!

ESO-Nightmare-Courser-Horse.gif

Posted (edited)

Likewise. It's good to see the community bring up possible concerns (Although pretty outlandish at times) that may effect the game, but I have faith in Daum providing a strong experience that will cater to the overall Western experience. Excuse Locket, she's very direct with people but deep down she means well.

It isn't outlandish at all, it all starts with minor cosmetics which are slightly out of picture and you end up with a F12 Jetplane Mount for only 2.99£! Forget about the medieval theme, check out this rad 99's Camaro Mount! Now with bumperstickers! 

Obviously I'm gonna be worried since I will invest time and money in the game, if I order a cheese burger from mcdonalds, and they all the sudden modify my original order without my knowledge and serve me something completely different, then that cheeseburger I originally wanted is ruined.
Get your head out of your arse. 

In case you didn't get the point: I don't pay for what other people wear thus I couldn't care less of what they wear. Your parallel is absurd.

Edited by Kraved
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure the game already has pink, green and blue horses, so anythnig can be possible in a fanstasy world. theres no such thing as immersion breaking, the world is full of magic.

Edited by Zev
4 people like this

Posted

It isn't outlandish at all, it all starts with minor cosmetics which are slightly out of picture and you end up with a F12 Jetplane Mount for only 2.99£! Forget about the medieval theme, check out this rad 99's Camero Mount! Now with bumperstickers! 

Obviously I'm gonna be worried since I will invest time and money in the game, if I order a cheese burger from mcdonalds, and they all the sudden modify my original order without my knowledge and serve me something completely different, then that cheeseburger I originally wanted is ruined.
Get your head out of your arse. 

Bad metaphor. Why? Because you wouldn't BUY what you don't want. In this metaphor you'd be caring about what other people are eating. Also if I want my head in my ass why is it your business it's there? See? You're still doing it. Such a shame.

2 people like this

Posted

Bad metaphor. Why? Because you wouldn't BUY what you don't want. In this metaphor you'd be caring about what other people are eating. Also if I want my head in my ass why is it your business it's there? See? You're still doing it. Such a shame.

See the updated quote as I suspected you wouldn't use logic.

2 people like this