• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Immersive breaking cosmetic

Do you want immersive breaking cashshop items?   752 votes

1. 1. Do you want immersive breaking cashshop items?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

455 posts in this topic

Posted

The game has firearms in it (whale hunting), Gunpowder is a thing in this world. not only that, it's meant to be more fantasy MMO than Medieval MMO. Realism in game keeps in similar to our world, but you need to look at it in aspects of alternate timeline and magic. Technology progressed in a different way, resources available affected politics differently , races varying from human to elf to giant also affects politics differently, magic probably progressed differently (since it was apparently lost for a while, according to lore). The game isn't supposed to be another cut and dry medieval fantasy, however it's not aiming for a cartoonish fantasy as we commonly see, it's going to be different in alot of aspects, Giants hand cannon would be out of place if it offered a holographic HUD, but as is it fits, as a giant he's probably one of the few races that can handle gunpowder exploding in his face repeatably.

A musket is a bit different from a fucking cannon attached to your hand though. Whats next? Gunswords for warriors.. We have swords and guns, why not.

Posted (edited)

A musket is a bit different from a fucking cannon attached to your hand though. Whats next? Gunswords for warriors.. We have swords and guns, why not.

Handcannons where a thing albeit they were handheld not attached to the hans. So not as far fetched as you think. I honestly think er just a ranger who is angry you cant kite every class now.  Personally i love the idea of it and their implementation isnt flawless it adds another layer to the gameplay. But i mean, what else would you give a giant as a ranged weapon? A giant crossbow? 

Edited by Jether

Posted

that would be where the "Fantasy" part comes in. The game isn't strictly medieval europe. That's Mortal Online, Mortal Online is strictly Medieval Europe.... oh and mount and blade. this BDO requires a bit more......

imagination.jpg

p.s. For the world of BDO implementing the gunblade would be as simple as a blacksmith going, "hmmm if i could stab with this musket thing here that would be interesting". or some peasant whos trying to come up with something new use rope to tie a knife to a rifle so he can stab things when he runs out of ammo (which lets be honest was the thinking behind the bayonet, out of ammo? stabby stab stab) 
So yeah Gunblade isn't immersion breaking buddy, sorry. an Arc cannon from Tera appearing in BDO would be immersion breaking. that things like part high tech part magic (will still always love my gunner, the ranged evasion tank, that wears heavy armor, broken AF in PvE, weak in PvP against reaper and slayer)

Posted

The hand cannon at least doesnt look ridiculous and looks like a mortar. If it was liek teras gunners cannon id have issues and also that the class isnt genderlocked to female which no offense i find funny that they made a female carry a massive cannons and the new brawler is femael only as well. From a logical sense im like Wut? A shoulder cannons would be cool as well for the giant. And seems the cannon is single target dps vs the aoe of the axes. Which is a fair balance in my book, awakening weapons are meant to  essentialy reverse the role of the classes and be their polar opposites.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why is the brawler gender locked? Are they doing some sort of experiment of trying to get more girls to play mmos over in the east so they're making a bunch of badass female only classes? or is it more that the player base all want to feel like they're playing tomb raider (hot girl, with tons of action)?

Posted

Why is the brawler gender locked? Are they doing some sort of experiment of trying to get more girls to play mmos over in the east so they're making a bunch of badass female only classes? or is it more that the player base all want to feel like they're playing tomb raider (hot girl, with tons of action)?

Lol no its just that sex sells. You can tell this by how highly sexualized tera was to begin with and how they add more and more sexual items for their male players fantasies. This is the trend with almost every asian mmorog even black desert has loungerie and fetish items . 

1 person likes this

Posted

I wouldn't want all those strange lollipop-maid-school uniform goofyness-- merely because it will be like loads of other mmo cashshop cosmetics, I want BD to be more creative and push for different things for cosmetics, to make it stand out from other mmos. They can do AHMAZING things with the graphics and oh my god the textures you guys-- I dunno. I'm tired of the samey-same-ness, it'd be a waste for this engine.

*rambles in a corner*

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't want all those strange lollipop-maid-school uniform goofyness-- merely because it will be like loads of other mmo cashshop cosmetics, I want BD to be more creative and push for different things for cosmetics, to make it stand out from other mmos. They can do AHMAZING things with the graphics and oh my god the textures you guys-- I dunno. I'm tired of the samey-same-ness, it'd be a waste for this engine.

*rambles in a corner*

Just wait till the korean cash shop full of loungerie and leopord print panties comes. In korea they already have over 50 varieties

Edited by Jether

Posted

Just wait till the korean cash shop full of loungerie and leopord print panties comes. In korea they already have over 50 varieties

For some reason that doesn't bother me that much? Undergarments are undergarments, and aren't they worn under their--garments in KR? And when not under the garments its not really offensive. Besides under-stuff is cool and the thought of lady-characters running around without proper support-- Well it hurts just thinking about it.

....undergarments.
(Because I didn't say it enough.)

Posted

Lol no its just that sex sells. You can tell this by how highly sexualized tera was to begin with and how they add more and more sexual items for their male players fantasies. This is the trend with almost every asian mmorog even black desert has loungerie and fetish items . 

yeah but black desert has it for both genders more so than other games. you can have shirtless muscular, angel pretty boy dudes with six packs and sexy ladies.

as for the underwear, that stuff is apparently only visible while in a player home. You cant be in your underwear out in public. At least that what it looked like when Steparu was showing off houses and changed into bunny undergarments that were instantly clothed every time she step out of a home and back when she stepped in.

Posted

564C0A5B4601800009

564C0F193A3A3F000B 

is how you show off 

OMG I LOVE THAT CHARACTER *.*

Anyway, there should be an option "It Don't Make Difference In My Opinion' cause tbh, idc if they release stuff that "break" the immersion. 

Posted

Bumping for more acknowledge since player feedback is about to be reviewed.

Posted

2HQ3nGf.jpg

Meh 

Posted

rerrrrrrrrrr.thumb.png.3f05516cf7a8a7763

Posted

I don't want outfits or weapons that fart glitter and rainbows everywhere, but I DO expect cash shop purchased items to make you stand out from the crowd

Posted (edited)

(E.g. old Santa vs modern Santa). *Think outside the box...

E.g.

santa eg.jpg

I don't want outfits or weapons that fart glitter and rainbows everywhere, but I DO expect cash shop purchased items to make you stand out from the crowd

Of course, Rho has made the perfect example of what is considering immersive breaking on my TS.

Edited by Kraved

Posted

im okay with this

Hidden Content

I'm okay with this

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

d7e59a865467f6caee7226afa31b54f713832386

Posted

Who wouldn't want to be dressed as a giant green anime rabbit riding a skateboard. . .~

Posted

Immersion. I would say that it would be hard to define as it is different for each person. I think a lot of us are use to the extreme. I personally don't like the shorts and flip flops on a warrior. Aion has penguin "outfit" that gives stats...too many, its just too much. Although that Tera car is cute! lol and in Aion they have a snowman costume that is absolutely adorable on a small toon lol. ill just deal with w/e the devs decide as long as the game is fun for me.

Posted

i think the "cute" aspect of every weapon in the game having a funny skin or cute skin is ok its not to breaking the RPG stand point and can be matched with alot of outfits. but on the point of schoolgirl stuff is not necessary go play vindictus.

Posted

Immersion. I would say that it would be hard to define as it is different for each person. I think a lot of us are use to the extreme. I personally don't like the shorts and flip flops on a warrior. Aion has penguin "outfit" that gives stats...too many, its just too much. Although that Tera car is cute! lol and in Aion they have a snowman costume that is absolutely adorable on a small toon lol. ill just deal with w/e the devs decide as long as the game is fun for me.

Not that hard, there's several examples in the thread as the above from Rho.

Posted

I know the inevitable, this will happen as much as I dislike it so what I can only ask for is an option to turn off costumes for other players.

So that they are nekkid? I'm in !

Posted

I think the main problem here is a lot of people are voting with their genitals rather than their brains.

I guess that's why you chose female pics to give us an example, right?^^

Posted

Honestly as long as they stay away from the TOTALLY stupid stuff like cars im OK with it.
Then again im going to try and go for a gothic lolita look come launch so I might be contributing to the problem.

Posted

Honestly as long as they stay away from the TOTALLY stupid stuff like cars im OK with it.
Then again im going to try and go for a gothic lolita look come launch so I might be contributing to the problem.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind an "auto-mobile" type of wagon as long as it was made in a similar way to the Chimera that are already in-game.

Just don't want things that can't be explained in this type of game. Like modern vehicles or post-musket type firearms.

1 person likes this