• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cash Shop - Pay To Win

74 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Cosmetics items are cool and I will buy them, but I don't want stats on them, I want my choice to be about how it looks, not the stats, which shouldn't be there any way, Paying money should give you something convenient, not a stat boost of any kind. For example a fishing boost means more silver per hour over the average player, which means they can buy better items on the market, then in PvP the person with the fishing boost now has higher stats than the average player.

The boat skins should come without the boat. Giving the buyer a boat takes away the delayed gratification of achieving a long task and in turn the longevity of the game itself.

If we accept these small stat boosts now then the developers will push the limits until they break their own game.

Edited by Kaysel23
9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Lol none of those reasons make it pay to win. 

You don't win just because you get a boat with skins. The stat boosts are also so minor they don't even matter. It doesn't make you win. 

I don't know what to say. Quit complaining. Bonus exp, free boat, hiding your name, +1 luck.... None of those things are ganna win you the game lol. 

Edit: I wanted to add. You say if we accept these small boosts the developers will push the limits until they break their game

Quit complaining about stuff that hasn't even happened. Save your complaints for when/IF it even happens. Your assuming things and making an issue out of something that doesn't even exist yet. Its not an issue yet, but you insist on trying to make it an issue. 

Edited by Asami
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lol none of those reasons make it pay to win. 

You don't win just because you get a boat with skins. The stat boosts are also so minor they don't even matter. It doesn't make you win. 

I don't know what to say. Quit complaining. Bonus exp, free boat, hiding your name, +1 luck.... None of those things are ganna win you the game lol. 

so how do you win in this game? and what would help you to reach that?

Edited by c0keh

Posted

so how do you win in this game? and what would help you to reach that?

You win in this game by playing the damn game. What helps you reach it? Playing the game. 

You can get a boat without paying money, you can get exp without paying money, you can get lucky without paying money. Its small convenience that almost every mmorpg game out there has. 

You are saying its going to get worse before it even gets worse. Quit assuming its going to escalate. 

"If we accept these small stat boosts now then the developers will push the limits until they break their own game."

We don't know whats going to happen in the future, its pointless to complain about it before it even happens. 

You see, everyone who posts saying its pay to win now is just saying that because they think its going to be a million times worse in the future. 

You all talk as though it already happened in this game, it hasn't. Save your complaints for WHEN OR IF it actually happens. Because right now your just complaining about things that haven't happened. 

2 people like this

Posted

You win in this game by playing the damn game. What helps you reach it? Playing the game. 

You can get a boat without paying money, you can get exp without paying money, you can get lucky without paying money. Its small convenience that almost every mmorpg game out there has. 

You are saying its going to get worse before it even gets worse. Quit assuming its going to escalate. 

so you win a marathon by just running the marathon? didnt know that, sounds legit.

some/a lot of ppl are competing in online games like in sports. you cant tell them "taking part" is the goal.

that way you lose everyone whos a little competetive and does not only want to "hang around"

Posted

12742739_10206044413329209_3002099320162

1 person likes this

Posted

so you win a marathon by just running the marathon? didnt know that, sounds legit.

some/a lot of ppl are competing in online games like in sports. you cant tell them "taking part" is the goal.

that way you lose everyone whos a little competetive and does not only want to "hang around"

No... Let me throw out an example: 

One runner drank Gatorade, one runner drank regular water. Both runners can win, you could argue the one that drank Gatorade is better off but to what extent? Will that determine who wins the race? No.

Its literally that minor. The stats and boosts are so small. 

At the end of the day a small exp boost, +1 luck, your name being hidden.... Isn't going to win you the game. It comes down to skill and dedication to the game. You can get a 20% exp boost and level far slower than anyone else. 

Nothing in this cash shop is even close to pay to win. Maybe you need to go play some vindictus or archeage and find out what pay to win really is. 

IMPORTANT: 99% of people are also overlooking the fact that this game has no gold selling or pearls to gold and gold selling is the biggest pay to win that almost every mmorpg has, except Black Desert! Black Desert is the least pay to win game out there. 

1 person likes this

Posted

If they don't take out stat boosts this game will become archeage 3.0. I guarantee it. Besides the fact that costumes are 30$ ish costumes even though the game is buy to play. Its unacceptable period.

1 person likes this

Posted

when the stats (and everyone else ppl complain about) is totally useless like you say, why do they not just remove it and make everyone happy?

Posted (edited)

Hes saying you don't "win" a sandbox mmo.... You win by whatever you determine is winning. There are no set rules or standards of winning a sandbox.
Anyways the boat price was 1.25 million on the market place. $20 for 1.25 million silver is a terrible trade off.

The minor  stat boosts on costumes give incentive to purchase it instead of it just being a costume. And I can not stress enough MINOR.

Edited by Dorna

Posted

Hes saying you don't "win" a sandbox mmo.... You win by whatever you determine is winning. There are no set rules or standards of winning a sandbox.Anyways the boat price was 1.25 million on the market place. $20 for 1.25 million silver is a terrible trade off.

maybe thats what he meant, but he didnt say it. and that exactly is the point i was trying to make clear: some ppl want to be the best fisherman. so giving him +fishing will make him "win" more likely. same for the other categories. whatever your goal is, everything that helps you reaching it easier by spending real money is (more or less) pay to win. and nobody cares if its worse in mmorpg X or Y.

Posted

If they don't take out stat boosts this game will become archeage 3.0. I guarantee it. Besides the fact that costumes are 30$ ish costumes even though the game is buy to play. Its unacceptable period.

Quit assuming things before they even happen. :D

Posted

No... Let me throw out an example: 

One runner drank Gatorade, one runner drank regular water. Both runners can win, you could argue the one that drank Gatorade is better off but to what extent? Will that determine who wins the race? No.

Its literally that minor. The stats and boosts are so small. 

At the end of the day a small exp boost, +1 luck, your name being hidden.... Isn't going to win you the game. It comes down to skill and dedication to the game. You can get a 20% exp boost and level far slower than anyone else. 

Nothing in this cash shop is even close to pay to win. Maybe you need to go play some vindictus or archeage and find out what pay to win really is. 

IMPORTANT: 99% of people are also overlooking the fact that this game has no gold selling or pearls to gold and gold selling is the biggest pay to win that almost every mmorpg has, except Black Desert! Black Desert is the least pay to win game out there. 

-If the stats are so minor then why have them in the first place? So you're saying being ganked by a wallet-warrior wearing a ghillie suit is not p2w? Alright Pearl Abyss. Give everyone but Asami a ghillie suit and we will see how long this terrible analogy lasts.

Also pulling percentages out of your ass does not help your argument.

1 person likes this

Posted

Here we go. Another topic about the same nonsense....

Posted

-If the stats are so minor then why have them in the first place? So you're saying being ganked by a wallet-warrior wearing a ghillie suit is not p2w? Alright Pearl Abyss. Give everyone but Asami a ghillie suit and we will see how long this terrible analogy lasts.

Also pulling percentages out of your ass does not help your argument.

Well sir, wearing a ghilli suit hides your name. But so does crouching and guess what! You don't have to pay to squat :) 

I say 99% as an obvious majority of people do not acknowledge any positives and only look at the very minor possible negatives that may or may not actually exist in the future. 

Posted

They promised us no stats on the cosmetics, they promised us.

2 people like this

Posted

Tell me if I'm wrong, but hiding your name doesn't hide you from other player minimap...

Posted

Only thing I noticed was a +100 stamina boost on the costumes,

which is probably the most drastic thing on the costumes, but isn't really that big of a deal.

Posted (edited)

Well sir, wearing a ghilli suit hides your name. But so does crouching and guess what! You don't have to pay to squat :) 

I say 99% as an obvious majority of people do not acknowledge any positives and only look at the very minor possible negatives that may or may not actually exist in the future. 

I was going to make a thoughtful post but I erased it. Clearly you're either a child or an adult with a child mentality. So, enjoy your fanatic fan-ism while those of us who want to see this game be successful continue to air our grievances to that end.

A person who has nothing good to say about this game would not go through such trouble. Idiot.

Edited by Lostarot

Posted

But you gotta admit paying money for a boat gets rid of the greatness of the grind! How passionate you were for that boat and how much better it felt making it like the rest of the community! It just boggles my mind because it rids away the hours and hours and hours it took to get all the supplies and to craft it. Like oh cool, you made it. I bought mine from the get-go, sorry that you were weeks below us because we had $$ and decided to use it for this... It's just ridiculous. That's an extreme pay for convenience to the point of making people irritated.

Posted

Can't say I agree with this 

Posted (edited)

I was going to make a thoughtful post but I erased it. Clearly you're either a child or an adult with a child mentality. So, enjoy your fanatic fan-ism while those of us who want to see this game be successful continue to air our grievances to that end.

A person who has nothing good to say about this game would not go through such trouble. Idiot.

I don't think I'm an idiot just because I believe people are complaining about things before they even happen. "If we accept these small stat boosts now then the developers will push the limits until they break their own game." I believe that nothing good comes out of complaining about something that hasn't happened yet. That does not make me an idiot :) 

I want to see the game be successful. But at the same time I believe nothing good comes from complaining about things that have not happened yet. You can't predict the future you know nothing of. That is idiotic. 

Edited by Asami

Posted

It just boggles my mind because it rids away the hours and hours and hours it took to get all the supplies and to craft it. Like oh cool, you made it. I bought mine from the get-go, sorry that you were weeks below us because we had $$ and decided to use it for this... It's just ridiculous.

exactly... crafting your own boat or going through an epic quest line can make you feel very "glorious", but if you can have the same result by just spending real money, its not glorious anymore. maybe you dont "win" anything by putting boats into the shop, but many might lose interest..

some things are really "marginal", on the edge.

they would do so much better if they worked on the cashshop. they're just shooting themself an arrow to the knee

1 person likes this

Posted

I found it funny that they literally answered your question with an alternative free option and then you realised you dun goofed and just started calling them a child and stupid.

That's called a tantrum.

Now watching this thread, expecting great things.

Posted

I don't think I'm an idiot just because I believe people are complaining about things before they even happen. "If we accept these small stat boosts now then the developers will push the limits until they break their own game." I believe that nothing good comes out of complaining about something that hasn't happened yet. That does not make me an idiot :) 

It's not outside the realm of possibility. There is a precedent (*cough* AA *cough*). To be vigilant against this from occurring here is not foolhardy; quite the opposite. Also, we do not want the cash shop to be in this condition at launch. We want gradual growth in the gaming community... NOT HUNDREDS OF $20 BOATS DOCKED AT VELIA WITHIN AN HOUR OF LAUNCH. I think that is a reasonable concern, don't you?