• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cash Shop - Pay To Win

74 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol none of those reasons make it pay to win. 

You don't win just because you get a boat with skins. The stat boosts are also so minor they don't even matter. It doesn't make you win. 

I don't know what to say. Quit complaining. Bonus exp, free boat, hiding your name, +1 luck.... None of those things are ganna win you the game lol. 

Edit: I wanted to add. You say if we accept these small boosts the developers will push the limits until they break their game

Quit complaining about stuff that hasn't even happened. Save your complaints for when/IF it even happens. Your assuming things and making an issue out of something that doesn't even exist yet. Its not an issue yet, but you insist on trying to make it an issue. 

I am getting quite tired of all those "p2w" threads. He has a point regarding the boat though. Have you looked at the price of a fishing boat in the market place? It costs a freaking fortune! So basically you can spend real money on day one and get the best fishing location and your boat is better than the one you buy at the marketplace.

Does it give you an advantage?

Yes!

Is it Pay 2 Win?

No!

I still don't want to see boats in the cash shop though.

Posted

Thank you! It's always better to find something we both agree on than arguing about the rest. :P

I wish I could do just that. I really /do/ hate arguing. I'm just being told that my concerns which are the concerns of many are invalid because "we don't know". As though the conditions are not being met at this very moment to raise these concerns.

Posted

I am getting quite tired of all those "p2w" threads. He has a point regarding the boat though. Have you looked at the price of a fishing boat in the market place? It costs a freaking fortune! So basically you can spend real money on day one and get the best fishing location and your boat is better than the one you buy at the marketplace.

Does it give you an advantage?

Yes!

Is it Pay 2 Win?

No!

I still don't want to see boats in the cash shop though.

I just get tired of people titling non pay to win things as pay to win. I get that its an advantage.. Its just not pay to win ;) thanks

Posted

Times like these I miss actual pay to win elements. Like high tiered armour and weapons or huge buffs.

You can buy high tiered armor and weapons with silver which you can get from selling horse breeding attempts which you can buy from the cash shop.

Therefor, you can buy high tiered armor and weapons from the cash shop.

Posted

I wish I could do just that. I really /do/ hate arguing. I'm just being told that my concerns which are the concerns of many are invalid because "we don't know". As though the conditions are not being met at this very moment to raise these concerns.

Wow, that was hard to read.

Posted

Your concerns aren't invalid. But the fact that we do not know what will happen is valid as well. 

Posted

Keep practicing, you'll get better in no time!

Posted

That hurts cowing from a fellow browncoat. -___-

Your concerns aren't invalid. But the fact that we do not know what will happen is valid as well. 

We'll then please stop trying to convince me that they are invalid. I don't know if it's going to rain but I see dark clouds on the horizon so I'll bring my umbrella. That's how I see these concerns. I try and guard myself with as much knowledge and common sense while hoping for the best. However I will express the worst so that the developers know that we are paying attention and expect them to take some risk. Right now we are taking all of the risks. They already have our money. So we should expect some assurance that they will not play this like a cash grab. 

Posted

That hurts cowing from a fellow browncoat. -___-

I hope I didn't miss a Firefly reference/quote or else I'm getting rather embarrased.

Posted

I hope I didn't miss a Firefly reference/quote or else I'm getting rather embarrased.

ohe dear...yes you have...a big one too. I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ah....

Edited by userOnline

Posted

I agree with the boat complaint and it is not the idea of just buying a boat. What it ruins is the feeling you get by working and grinding to get a boat the traditional way. This feeling of accomplishment through time consuming and difficult tasks is what every other mmo lacks. This game has amazing graphics, an awesome action combat system and is absolutely packed with potential. Please do not let this jewel of an mmo become another Arch Age or join the hundreds of other games in the mmo graveyard.

Posted

I agree with the boat complaint and it is not the idea of just buying a boat. What it ruins is the feeling you get by working and grinding to get a boat the traditional way. This feeling of accomplishment through time consuming and difficult tasks is what every other mmo lacks. This game has amazing graphics, an awesome action combat system and is absolutely packed with potential. Please do not let this jewel of an mmo become another Arch Age or join the hundreds of other games in the mmo graveyard.

Yeah, im pretty sceptic at the moment.

ohe dear...yes you have...a big one too. I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you!

I wouldn't miss that one though, but you lied about the quote! Next time you want to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face.

Posted

Yeah, im pretty sceptic at the moment.

I wouldn't miss that one though, but you lied about the quote! Next time you want to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face.

Ya know, for a woman schooled in telling men what they want to hear, you ain't much of a liar. 

Posted (edited)

maybe thats what he meant, but he didnt say it. and that exactly is the point i was trying to make clear: some ppl want to be the best fisherman. so giving him +fishing will make him "win" more likely. same for the other categories. whatever your goal is, everything that helps you reaching it easier by spending real money is (more or less) pay to win. and nobody cares if its worse in mmorpg X or Y.

LOL thats not pay to win.. seeing some rich kiddy with daddys credit card buying up all the +15ty Billion enchanted gear and armor and going around 1 shotting everyone - thats pay to win.

The small luck and exp bonuses do not have any direct impact to pvp end game. You will have much more trouble with the people who play 15 hours a day, than you will with some casual player with who bought some pearls and has +1 Luck, 0.5 eXP bonus and a boat and some fluffy cats.

Edited by Perisher
fix

Posted

You can buy high tiered armor and weapons with silver which you can get from selling horse breeding attempts which you can buy from the cash shop.

Therefor, you can buy high tiered armor and weapons from the cash shop.

Know what else you can do? You can buy high tiered armour and weapons with silver which you can get from selling horse breeding attempts which you get by default when you tame a horse.

Therefor, you can buy a high tiered armour and weapons using your own time.

It doesn't make a damn difference if someone gets it before you. Suck it up.

Posted

Why don't they just remove the stats boost and just make the normal "Cosmetics".

Posted

So what if another player can get a boat or a small boost or a short cut to a high tier horse if he or she spends some cash. None of these are going to limit what YOU can do in anyway. None of this is going to hinder you in YOUR progress in this game. None of this is going the make them overpowered in PVP (1vs1 GvG or whatever).

All your arguments come down to 1 thing. Someone else can get something sooner than you. That has nothing to do with P2W and everything with plain JEALOUSY.

What's next? Are you going to complain the kid next door can play more hours and so has an advantage over you? Are you going to complain his pc is better than yours? Are you going to scream at your mom becaue she doesn't let you keep your pc on at night to AFK fish with the other kids?

Get over it!

1 person likes this

Posted

-1 to this suggestion. The cash shops aren't pay to win.

Also, I think the stats on costumes are a unique and interesting thing that I haven't seen in other games, and they certainly aren't game breaking.

1 person likes this

Posted

Some of you are missing the actual point, and that is that there is no level cap in this game, meaning you will never reach a player who has paid for EXP boosts (costumes, pets) without paying yourself, ergo he/she wins.

I wonder how that is not pay to win, if someone knows please make me know, thanks.

Note: I'm not saying I wouldn't pay for cash shop items if they were solely vanity. I think we all should support with money besides the initial purchase as long as we like the game, cause the devs deserve it for bringing it to us.

Posted

Lol none of those reasons make it pay to win. 

You don't win just because you get a boat with skins. The stat boosts are also so minor they don't even matter. It doesn't make you win. 

I don't know what to say. Quit complaining. Bonus exp, free boat, hiding your name, +1 luck.... None of those things are ganna win you the game lol. 

Edit: I wanted to add. You say if we accept these small boosts the developers will push the limits until they break their game

Quit complaining about stuff that hasn't even happened. Save your complaints for when/IF it even happens. Your assuming things and making an issue out of something that doesn't even exist yet. Its not an issue yet, but you insist on trying to make it an issue. 

I see you in every thread defending cosmetics with stats. please choo. you are not helping what so ever and you are clearly just defending this cash shop on hype/fanboy bias.

Posted (edited)

I see you in every thread defending cosmetics with stats. please choo. you are not helping what so ever and you are clearly just defending this cash shop on hype/fanboy bias.

I don't comment in defense of the stats specifically. I comment because people are losing site of what pay to win actually is. People are making a big deal out of small things, that's what I believe anyway. 

Just because I don't agree with the opinions that this game is pay to win because minor costume stats doesn't mean I am bias. No matter the game, I would be defending minor cosmetic stats. They are so little they do not matter to me. 

I guess not calling every game under the sun pay to win for ridiculous reasons means I'm just a bias hype/fanboy lol. 

-1 to this suggestion. The cash shops aren't pay to win.

Also, I think the stats on costumes are a unique and interesting thing that I haven't seen in other games, and they certainly aren't game breaking.

Agree 100% This is what I'm trying to say to people but I just get called a biased/hype fan boy lol :D 

It is not pay to win. 

So what if another player can get a boat or a small boost or a short cut to a high tier horse if he or she spends some cash. None of these are going to limit what YOU can do in anyway. None of this is going to hinder you in YOUR progress in this game. None of this is going the make them overpowered in PVP (1vs1 GvG or whatever).

All your arguments come down to 1 thing. Someone else can get something sooner than you. That has nothing to do with P2W and everything with plain JEALOUSY.

What's next? Are you going to complain the kid next door can play more hours and so has an advantage over you? Are you going to complain his pc is better than yours? Are you going to scream at your mom becaue she doesn't let you keep your pc on at night to AFK fish with the other kids?

Get over it!

Finally :D someone else who knows this game isn't pay to win.

People are talking as though they have lost the game by default because someone can come home from work and buy a boat instead of spending hours getting one in game or that a small EXP boost will automatically make someone out level someone, as if we all can't reach 50 or something without it. 

Nothing in the cash shop is a game changer. -_- I feel like defending it because I think people are coming into the forums and spewing complains out their ass about every little thing they can. Rather then sitting down and actually thinking about how minor to no effect these items will have at the end of the day. 

Edited by Asami

Posted

BDO is not P2W!!!

Posted

BDO is pay too play faster. value pack gives you 30% faster money gain. Maids gives you shitload of money. because you can process stuff faster. 
Weight gain gives you faster money gain. that is huge. You can go afk for 10h instead of 4h, because of that stupid weight gain pay to be rich faster... 

And with all that silver you can finally buy gear worth billions... Because you are not a gambler and gambling is boring as fu ck. Look at me I am trying to put pen for 2 days by upgrading fake gear so I can fail stack it and then maybe manage to upgrade real gear... Nobody likes that. If that lasted for 30min then great, it would be too easy. but hours and days... that is lame, its not something people will even try to do. You quit when you realise how long it needs to upgrade...