• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Final Decision! :D

68 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay guys,

CBT2 is officially over and the countdown begins! What class are you choosing to focus on first, and why? Really interested to see everyone's choices and reasons why!

Posted (edited)

Sorc because it was the most enjoyable one to play imo and I already spent like 3 hours creating a template which I'm still not done so Daum please reopen character creator, kthanksbai.

Edited by Sinsane

Posted

Sorc because it was the most enjoyable one to play imo and I already spent like 3 hours creating a template which I'm still not done so Daum please reopen character creator, kthanksbai.

Haha, yeah I'm going ranger, I gravitate towards ranged classes and kiting and being an elf is a huge plus for me. Not done creating mine either though! I'm happy with her but want to fix a few things. RIP character creator.

Posted (edited)

9001th thread like this, oh well.

Tamer cuz have you see how CUTE they are?!

Edited by Fluff

Posted (edited)

9001th thread like this, oh well.

Tamer cuz have you see how CUTE they are?!

Tamer was really fun! Definitely was in the race for my main toon. I made mine look a little different than the typical tiny cute ones though! 2016-02-19_251008188.thumb.JPG.82a65ef65IMG_1476.thumb.JPG.c286a532308c2903c570c

Edited by Veyana Eldunari
Added another pic

Posted

I'll be playing Tamer!

Tried every class so far and Tamer is my favourite. She does a lot of dmg, has a nice set of skills and the summonable pet is pretty cool :D

Oh and I won every duel that I made with her against people of the same lvl (20-27). I was 21.

IMO the ranger is the weakest. I destroyed two of them without any difficulties. Also when I played her in CBT1, she seemed kinda weak. And now after I played every other class I still think she is the weakest. (At least at lvl 1-20) Maybe she gets better later on :D

The Sorceress would be my second choice probably. She seemed to be the strongest out of the classes. But she's kinda too mainstream and played by everyone.

However I hope that the Blader will be released soon, because I want to main him.

Posted

Warrior. I finally got the hang of it on the last day of CBT lol. It's so much better when I understand how to play a character.

Posted

I'll be playing Tamer!

Tried every class so far and Tamer is my favourite. She does a lot of dmg, has a nice set of skills and the summonable pet is pretty cool :D

Oh and I won every duel that I made with her against people of the same lvl (20-27). I was 21.

IMO the ranger is the weakest. I destroyed two of them without any difficulties. Also when I played her in CBT1, she seemed kinda weak. And now after I played every other class I still think she is the weakest. (At least at lvl 1-20) Maybe she gets better later on :D

The Sorceress would be my second choice probably. She seemed to be the strongest out of the classes. But she's kinda too mainstream and played by everyone.

However I hope that the Blader will be released soon, because I want to main him.

Ranger is pretty subpar until around 41 I believe. She turns into a powerhouse late game but is still very squishy, but a total glass cannon and relies on her evades / kiting or she's deeead lol ^_^ and yeah it seems like a ton of people are playing Sorc / witch / wizard. And a lot of people are also really excited for Blader, going to be seeing a lot of them I think.

Posted

Im goin Wizard cause the thought of being an old man in a blue man thong is hilarious an the class is fun,

Posted

Warrior. I finally got the hang of it on the last day of CBT lol. It's so much better when I understand how to play a character.

Yeah lol that's how I was with Valk, I tried her on the first day and hated it, then I got the hang of how the game works and how to actually combo and she became really really fun. I didn't get my warr very far but he seemed really cool!

Im goin Wizard cause the thought of being an old man in a blue man thong is hilarious an the class is fun,

Oh god, I guess I'll know who it is if I see an old man in a blue thong casting meteors, blizzards and lightning storms xD lol

2 people like this

Posted

Yes!! But ppl will die laughing gloriously! An then come drink a beer with me later lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tried 5 classes that i found interesting, and i narrowed it down to two of them, Valkyrie and witch, I could get in sync with their combos and they had their own niche of fields, after a bit of playing with both, i felt Valkyrie was a bit on the easy mode, barely got scratched and with heals,shield i mostly forward slashed my way through it all, then i tried witch high damage a bit of a glass cannon, however when i could use lightning it felt good, the dodge felt good, the teleport felt good, it all felt pretty solid, the combos were not that hard but you got to decide which ones to cast first, and once you get going fihgting a mass of mobs, you dodge like crazy, tried it on the third summoned boss, it was a lot of fun.

Witch ftw.

Other pros.

-Cute/Adorable

-Nice clothing options

-Sith inquisitor master race

1 person likes this

Posted

Going to be a Witch, I really enjoyed playing as one. Plus they are Kawaii AF. I also liked the witch cause it seemed really powerful as I was roaming around. I srsly just waltzed into a Goblin camp aggro'd about 20 of them then proceeded to chain lightning them all in a matter of seconds.

There's also the Meteor spell which I'm pretty sure I ended about 10 guys in 1 hit fighting some rebels. Was good times watching them all go up in flames.

KAWAII.jpg

Posted

Witches are pretty adorable, Had I more time to test it out during the beta, I would have probably picked it over Tamer
Here's my Tamer and my Witch
2d2jULn.png  tumblr_o2xsagP5BW1uj3b7wo8_1280.png

Posted

Loving the screenshots and decisions. Looks like there's a lot of variety in people's choices! :D 

Posted

I had enjoyed the Witch the most simply because of her body language and how diverse all of the abilites looked and felt. I had given every other class a chance but all the moves felt too similar.  Let us know what you'll be playing Veyana Eldunari! :)

Posted

I'm going to choose Warrior. I've never been a heavy armored melee guy in mmos before cause they just felt boring in a way, i always were an agile melee class. Now the armor looks so sick on warrior and i love how we have shield instead of 2h (for now). I've always had a huge hard on for shields. 
I have no plans on buying any cosmetic items from the store, so i'm scared that my Warrior will still look like level 10 homeless guy when he finally gets that top notch 50 gear.. :/ 

Posted

See now, go warrior, get some feathery bulky armor, be Balmung from the dot hack series

I am happy to inform you I am winning this game sir (╭ರ_•́)

Posted

I'm going to choose Valk. Really like the play style and the BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK!

Posted

Still not sure.. did play warrior and wizard in cbt2.. probably going to main sorceress or wizard until blade or ninja comes out.

Posted

Ranger!

Posted

I wanted a male Tamer so bad, but who knows how far down the line that will be?

Decided my main will be a Warrior with my wife, so I can be her meat shield......

A Wizard as my solo main....

And a Zerker as my Alt.....

As far as the male classes go, I have them all covered.

Posted (edited)

Goblin!!!

goblin.JPG

But Seriously, Wizard. Never loved a caster in any game but this one.

hilltop.JPG

Edited by ben61704

Posted

I had enjoyed the Witch the most simply because of her body language and how diverse all of the abilites looked and felt. I had given every other class a chance but all the moves felt too similar.  Let us know what you'll be playing Veyana Eldunari! :)

I loved the witch / wizard's spells! It was also in the running for me because casting them felt so rewarding.

I really debated between Witch, Tamer, Valkyrie and Ranger. In the end I decided to go with Ranger!

Reasons:

I love how mobile she is with a bow (as opposed to a lot of mmos where you just stand in one place firing the same ability over and over). 

Her abilities remind me of one of my favorite characters from the anime Fate / Stay Night.

I felt that they were under represented due to the fact that they're harder to level and weaker in early levels, which doesn't bother me.

and lastly I love elves and the way she turned out in the character creator was perfect in my opinion!

Posted

I fell in love with Sorceress which is odd for me seeing as I literally ALWAYS play a ranged character in an MMO. Though my second choice will be Ranger for sure. Just wish there was an option to be more I dunno... nature oriented as a Ranger I guess?  I just loved my Sorceress so much. I felt so emerged in the world around me and just felt like I was playing the game through her eyes. I can't really explain it. :) 

2016-02-19_205798218.JPG