• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

guide Sorceress AoE Grinding/Leveling Guide

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Despite what you might hear from some players, Sorceresses are capable of AoE grinding effectively from a very low level all the way to 50+. The trick is picking up the right skills early, because most of the Sorceress arsenal ranges from mediocre to useless for AoE. Not to worry though, we only need a few core damage skills to grind effectively. Following my suggested build could cost you as little as 230 skill points, depending on what optional skills you take.

Core skills

Black Wave- This will be your primary AoE skill. It's important to rank up this skill ASAP. This attack is a cone shaped AoE, it's important to group mobs up so as many as possible get hit. This skill knocks back most small enemies, so you usually won't take damage if you manage to hit everything you pulled.

Claws of Darkness + Dark Flame- These are great for single target and cleaning up anything left alive after Black Wave. Dark Flame blocks frontal attacks, making it really effective against tough enemies.

Shard Explosion + Shards of Darkness- 100% crit, high damage AoE. It can one-shot most small mobs and restores mana based on the number of shards you've collected. It's important to pick up new ranks of Shards of Darkness as soon as they are available for the extra damage and mana restore. Also make sure to get Spirit Absorption, the more shards you collect the more mana you can restore.

Utility Skills

Flow of Darkness- Used for mana regen and mobility. Also grants an evasion buff and costs hardly any skill points for max rank. I find it useful when fighting the summoned bosses for quests.

Night Crow- Important mobility skill. Should be ranked up for longer travel distance and ability to interrupt other actions. Can also be used while jumping to move around the map more quickly (jump while moving forward, then press Shift). I prefer to skip Crow Food because running out of stamina hasn't been an issue for me while leveling. Storming Crow can be useful at times, but isn't necessary either.

Shield of Darkness- 5 minute DP buff. The first rank is much more efficient per skill point than the Dark Armor passive. Additional ranks cost somewhat more.

Dream of Doom- Pretty strong AoE at later levels, but the cast time hurts it early on. I recommend holding off on this skill until higher levels.

Several commonly taken skills that aren't very useful (for PvE) include Crow Flare, Shadow Eruption, Abyssal Flame, and the kick skills. Crow Flare's damage is just not competitive with Black Wave or Dark Flame. Shadow Eruption is a PvP skill. Abyssal Flame is not bad when instant cast after backwards Night Crow, but too costly for a situational skill. I don't find any of the kicks to be useful when grinding.

Early Levels

Don't spend any skill points on other stuff until you have enough to get Black Wave. You should have it at level 15 when it becomes available to train. Keep up with the black spirit quests and you will have plenty of skill points as long as you don't spend them needlessly. Make sure you have enough skill points for Shards of Darkness II at level 20 as well. At that point you have everything you need to AoE.

How to AoE

At first you want to pull medium sized packs of between 4 and 8 melee enemies each. As you rank Black Wave higher it will hit more enemies, allowing you to pull larger packs. Try to avoid ranged mobs, as they don't want to group up for Black Wave. Your ideal grinding spot features all or mostly melee mobs with dark or light red names, packed closely enough that you can pull quickly. You can use Mark of the Shadow and/or Sinister Energy to pull mobs. If it's not on cooldown (and you have shards) use Shard Explosion, otherwise use Black Wave. Kill anything left with Claws of Darkness and Dark Flame. At higher levels, Dream of Doom can be used as well for a stronger AoE. Repeat until XP gain slows, then move to a new spot. There are some lists of the best leveling places for each level range, but I found that following the black spirit quests usually moves you through suitable grinding spots anyway.

Gear Makes a Difference

Get a good set of gear, and start enchanting it ASAP. Yuria weapon and Agerian armor will serve you well at level 50 and beyond. The differences between the weapons and armors aren't too great though, and enchant level makes more difference than anything else, so buy a set and start pouring black stones into it. Think of it as an investment, since unlike other games there is no level restriction on gear and you can use the same set from newbie land up to the soft level cap.

Edited by Naturallog
14 people like this

Posted

Thank you for putting this together!  I haven't seen much in the way of Sorc leveling guides.  More specifically, AoE grinding.  Most feel the Sorc lacks in AoE grinding, I feel that isn't really the case.  Plus, come awakening...that will be even less true.

Posted

yea this sounds great for lvling , but i would love to see the skill calculator added to it up to lvl45 since from lvl45 we all know we get reset where we be able to reset all our skills and we can start set them up for pvp

Posted

yea this sounds great for lvling , but i would love to see the skill calculator added to it up to lvl45 since from lvl45 we all know we get reset where we be able to reset all our skills and we can start set them up for pvp

This could be used to level 40:

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/sorcerer/3537

Not 100% sure if you will have all the points to get EVERY skill listed but you can get all your early grinding skills.

Posted (edited)

Skill calc will depend on how many skill points your particular character has, which can vary character to character. For PvE you'll need max Black Wave and Shards of Darkness. By level 45 you should also have Dream of Doom II. Dark Flame is also very strong for single target damage. 

You are not required to spend the skill reset immediately. You can hang onto it until level 50, when PvP really begins. At that point I would recommend maxing Dream of Doom for instant casting, and keeping Black Wave so you can continue to grind for XP and skill points past the level 50 soft cap. Remember, hitting 50 doesn't mean your character is finished.

EDIT: Got the talent calculator to give me a good link. This build covers what you should be working toward for level 45. After you get the important damage stuff, points can go wherever.

Edited by Naturallog

Posted

I'm hoping that I'll be able to pick up and play a Sorceress she looks awesome. I'm trawling through and trying to get as much information as possible!  

Thanx for taking time to do this, it helps us new BDO players.

Posted

This is great. Going to try some of your tips out, though I fear I'll need to re-skill. . . 

Posted

Thanks for the tips! I plan on leveling with a group a long part of the way and being able to AoE grind will be helpful

Posted

Hi, ty for the guide I do plan on using it after reading a bunch of other builds. I am brand new to this game and this class...I wonder if anyone might give me a combo sequence I could start developing as I go. I'm at lvl 10 at the moment and hate to admit mashing buttons works. Any particular combo that would be most optimum thank you.

Posted

Out of curiosity, why do guides seem to never recommend Abyssal Flame? I've been using it..it's cheap, knocks things down, helps me sustain my health, and does a ton of damage. It seems like a great skill, but I have to wonder if I'm making a mistake in leveling it.

Posted

Out of curiosity, why do guides seem to never recommend Abyssal Flame? I've been using it..it's cheap, knocks things down, helps me sustain my health, and does a ton of damage. It seems like a great skill, but I have to wonder if I'm making a mistake in leveling it.

i like it and i use it. Usually before black wave. It's only 39 SP to max anyway so it won't break your build.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because its damage doesn't justify the cast time, the instant cast version doesn't hit for much, and it doesn't have a very large area of effect. It's pretty good after backwards Night Crow (eliminates cast time) but other than that its uses are limited. Basically it's a lame version of Dream of Doom.

Posted

Personally I used for the HP gain. And the knockdown helps too. Either get rid of it or use it but no use capping it though. Just stay at rank1, more than enough to put you out of a tight spot ( hp gain). Oh and yes, I mainly use it with backwards Night Crow.

Posted

apparently it's easier / more fluent to not have abyssal flame when you want to spam dark flame in pvp (after first dark flame completes it'll otherwise start casting abyssal flame instead of keep spamming dark flame)

Posted

Hello, so Ive read this guide when I decided to choose Sorc, and Ive reasonly got the Shard Explosion skill tho I have a major issue with it and I thought you might be able to shine some light on my problem.

Im trying how to use it properly but like 8/10 times when I throw it it doesn't hit anything, feels like it hits the ground but never moves forward and actually hit something... Seems like it doesn't hit when there is a "obstacle" in the way like a small bump in the forest where I try to use it. It feels extremely frustrating since when it hits it does alot of damage...

Would be happy for any advice/help

Ty

Posted

Thats how i do it on my Sorc ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Well Im quite new so I haven't even learned how to use all skills yet, but what is that "jump up - move forward" skill that you use to move so far between kills?

Posted

Hello, so Ive read this guide when I decided to choose Sorc, and Ive reasonly got the Shard Explosion skill tho I have a major issue with it and I thought you might be able to shine some light on my problem.

Im trying how to use it properly but like 8/10 times when I throw it it doesn't hit anything, feels like it hits the ground but never moves forward and actually hit something... Seems like it doesn't hit when there is a "obstacle" in the way like a small bump in the forest where I try to use it. It feels extremely frustrating since when it hits it does alot of damage...

Would be happy for any advice/help

Ty

I can't say I've had this problem with Shard Explosion. Then again 9 times out of 10 I use it at close range. Try using it closer to the target.

Well Im quite new so I haven't even learned how to use all skills yet, but what is that "jump up - move forward" skill that you use to move so far between kills?

Jump + Shift while moving forward. Costs a bit of stamina and gives a 10 second move speed buff. You learn it automatically when you get Night Crow. I should have mentioned it in my guide, since it's very useful for moving around between kills. I'll edit it in.

Posted

its your Teleport ( Shift + A/W/D) while pressing Spacebar ;)

Posted

I can't say I've had this problem with Shard Explosion. Then again 9 times out of 10 I use it at close range. Try using it closer to the target.

Jump + Shift while moving forward. Costs a bit of stamina and gives a 10 second move speed buff. You learn it automatically when you get Night Crow. I should have mentioned it in my guide, since it's very useful for moving around between kills. I'll edit it in.

Ive tried to use it from "max distance" to melee range and it still only do damage from time to time for me... sometimes when I cast it I get like a small black orb at the bottom of my feet and it looks like a "forcewave" goes out from me but no damage is the only way to use this skill with the hotbar? I feel like its quite a delay between I stop casting something until I can use the shard explosion, have trouble weaving it into something.
Ah thanx for the info on the skill... That would have been nice to know and would also be nice to have as info on the skill itself...

Posted

yea the delay on shard explosion is pretty bad.

Posted

First, seeing videos like this is what gets me excited about playing.  But, what's your typical rotation on those ents, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted

First, seeing videos like this is what gets me excited about playing.  But, what's your typical rotation on those ents, if you don't mind me asking?

thats my typical rotation atm.

But when i Grind there for exp i go for one side (left or right) from Node and let the Big Ents spawn 3 Waves of Adds.

Posted

thats my typical rotation atm.

But when i Grind there for exp i go for one side (left or right) from Node and let the Big Ents spawn 3 Waves of Adds.

I guess I should have specified, what is the rotation of skills?  Not adept yet at identifying them by animation.

Posted

I guess I should have specified, what is the rotation of skills?  Not adept yet at identifying them by animation.

i´d also like to know