• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT2 Feedback/Suggestions

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi folks,

i will list a good amount of things i did encounter in the Beta and what i think of them. This is totally subjective, since i want to enjoy the Game as much as possible. Giving an objective PoV does not always equal what i personally think of something. So there is that and since i've read through a lot of Thread i think i am right with certain things.

@CM_Jouska This is mainly for you, since i heard you on the Stream and i am positive about you, actually looking into this. You seemed very interested in what the people think about the Game and i totally believe you, which is not the case for many other CM's/Devs from other Games, even if they say so. So, this is actually a reason why i am going to make this Thread, since i believe there is someone like you actually interested in what the people think of the Game.

I don't know many aspect of the Game yet, so i am sorry if i mention something which is allready in the Game, or will come in the Future. I want to enjoy all Aspects of the Game and not only one specific part of it.

I will split the Topics into parts, to make it easier to understand, without reading a Wall of Text, but it will be still a lot of Stuff to read.

PvP:

• I miss some kind of "Tournament-Style" PvP in the Arenas around the City, where you could register for a set Date.. then 1v1 would fight, winner goes to the next Round and so on ( could be a total of 16, 32, 64 players, depending on how many register ). Don't have to have big rewards, but maybe something like a Title would be nice, or a Weaponskin which only comes from that Type of Event. 
  • Crimson Battles like in KR, yes please. Don't have to be 40v40 though, could be 10v10, 20v20.
  • Personal K/D Lists possible? Like how many times i died by Mobs, how many times i got killed, how many times i killed someone, how many mobs i've killed total.. Stuff like that.

Sidenote: BDO has allready a large World full of different PvP including their mechanics, so there is not a lot i could think of to actually add something to it. I am looking forward to Stuff like the Bounty Hunter System or the Bandit Town. One of my Characters has to be a bad guy.. love that idea lol.

PvE:

• Unlike many others i were aware of OW-Dungeons and Elite/World-Bosses; what about Titles for killing these Bosses? Or for "clearing" the Dungeon? Clearing is maybe the wrong word here, but more about you have to kill a certain amount of Enemies in that Dungeon. 
  • I totally like the knowledge of Enemies and the Ratings, but the rating itself is "random" which is somewhat nice. But i would like to add something on the "RNG" of the rating.. for example; You got a B-Rating.. you now can go reset it and try again for a better one OR you keep going and after a certain amount of kills, the rating will go up. So you can be lucky and get S ranking right away, reset and try again if you did not, or you could work up your way from B to S rating.
  • "Castle-Sieges" against Hordes of Mobs.. somewhat like in PvP.. but just a hell lot of mobs will attack a Castle ( stronger than normal mobs ) and can actually take it. If they do, their "Boss" will appear, which you need to defeat in order to get it back. Could be scaled like something between the roaming Bosses and a World Boss.
  • Notorious Monster ( known as NM's in other Games ), kind of like the <Wild> Mobs, but also different from what you allready have in the Game. If you kill a certain group of Mobs, there is a chance that by killing a certain Placeholder, a NM will appear, with a special loot table and of course a lot stronger. Items could range from rings, weapons to tools and furnitures.. or special items only that certain NM will drop and you need it as an ingredient for a certain Craft. Could also create spawn-windows, so you would have to go for them in a certain Time-Frame. Maybe something like every 2 hours.

Gathering:

• I would like more "deep" Mines, like the one near the Velia-Shore.. but like really, reeeeally deep, with more and more hidden caves to gather rare materials.
  • If you are gathering in a certain Area, it would be nice if you would invest "automatically" energy into the Node nearby, but not out of your EnergyPool. More like a "contribution", since you are working so hard in that Area. So you could push certain Nodes not only with Energy, but also with your work.
  • A Point i totally dislike is the "R" thing after i did gather something.. i have to press R, so it goes in my Inventory.. if i do not.. it's gone. I've messed up a lot of times where the Item would be gone, this also goes for crafting. It should go straight into my Inventory. If i dont want it, i can go and toss it from there.
  • Speaking of tossing.. there are indeed too many windows. If i pull something out of my Inventory to toss it, it should ask me "Do you really want bla bla".. If i click yes, it should just be tossed, including the other 99 items of that kind. Not pressing F then Enter. Maybe add a "Split" option into the Inventory, so if i only want a certain amount, i could split and toss the rest. Clicking through 3 windows and giving 5 keys to actually toss something, is a bit much.
  • Treasure Hunt for Gathering, for example; I am mining and all of a sudden i found a torn map ( kind of like you have in the Quests ), put different pieces together and then go search for the Treasure. This will be a Chest and i actually need a certain Key for this Chest, if i don't have it.. i could try to open it anyways. May it has a Trap added and if i fail to open it, i could lose health, or the Chest disappears etc. To open the lock you could add a Minigame.. and i love all the Minigames in the Game, so i guess you could come up with something awesome. Could also be a seperated "Profession".
  • Something like the "Fishing Guide", just for Stone/Wood etc as well. I know there is knowledge, but i totally love the Fishing-Guide and the Information you have in there. Could also be created about Monster as well, with Background Informations.. the Rating you achieved, what it drops, how many you've killed etc.

Crafting:

• I like the crafting so far, but one thing; Will it be viable in Endgame? Like Crafting Gear? Currently if i switch gear, my appearance does not change.. like at all. This is not only crafting related, but cosmetics as well. 

Sidenote: I can't say much about crafting yet. even though i did test it. I would need a lot of Time to check out every little aspect of it, to give a proper Suggestion. So far i am happy with the System, except the Point i did mention in Gathering as well with: "Press R or you lose your Item". If i craft something i want to have it in my Inventory, why would i want it to drop to the Ground? So that "R" thing is really grinding my gears. lol

Fishing:

• I like fishing as well, but the optical appearance of the Rod and esp. the float. It is ugly.. straight that. It does not fit into the BDO World and looks like it was somewhat "rushed", esp the float.
  • Same goes for where i can fish.. i can basically stand in the water with the rod, while the waterline is above my head and i can still fish, which totally breaks my immersion. 
  • Fish should stack, like Wood or Stone.
  • Should make it like the Pickaxe, where it is in secondary Slot and you pull it out as soon as you start gathering. I don't see why it would replace your Mainweapon, if the Pickaxe for example does not.

Taming/Breeding/Mounts:

• More different kinds of Animals to tame please! We know of Elephants and Camels as well.. please add more!
  • This is probably the only thing i could think of, which would make me happier than i allready am; Make it possible to ride to a Spot with your horse, tame a horse.. and instead of letting the first one sit there and having to go back to get it; why not make it possible to put both on a Rope and walk with them to the next Stable? It would be slower yes, but it would look totally awesome. Same goes for the donkey when i have him filled with Items and my inventory as well. i would like to have him on a rope, following me while i "walk slooowly" to the next town.

Cosmetics Character Creation:

• More Scars and Tattoos! Like a lot more.. and actually scars, why don't we have scars?
  • Different Colours for different parts of the Beard. I would like to have for each part of the beard i add, the option to add different colours as well. Like the middlepart in white, the outer part in black and so on.

Sidenote: The BDO Character Creator is one of the best ones i've seen so far, so i was fairly surprised about the lack of scars and tattoos. Maybe add an actual "Ingame Scenery" to the Creator, so you could see how your Character will actually look like in the Game. A lot of my mates, including myself, had the feel that esp. the skin had a different taint after going in the Game and actually seeing the Character. It did look somewhat "off".

Misc:

• Maybe a short message would be nice, via the Message-System, that one of your workers is done with the work or out of Stamina. I know there is a message in the Chat.. but i don't always pay attention to that.
  • Aging, Scars over Time and/or from Battles. This is somewhat hard to implement, but possible.. but let me explain: Your Character could actually grow "older" from his/her looks over playing a certain amount of Time. We talk about years here, not days. Hair getting longer ( That option is in the Creator, to change length of hair/beard etc ) or Skin getting more "dirty", which you could clean by swimming for example. By Scars from Battles i could imagine it as an actual Item, i.e. like the piercings, which you could add after you defeated a World Boss for example.

In the End there are only 2 Major things i am not happy with:

1. The UI. It seems rushed and not finished.. like the Guild Tab looks good, while the Knowledge Tab for example looks totally unfinished. And it is not as customizable as i would like it to.

2. That i don't see Gear on my Character that i have equipped. I get it, there are Costumes to change my look.. but really? I mean, if i find a Helmet from a Mob and i put it on.. i friggn want it to appear on my Character. This is such a limitation i seriously do not like.

Well.. i think that's it for now. I have a good amount of other things i would like to add to this List, but i also would like to test certain things first, before i give a final word on it. Like i've said.. totally subjective and maybe i did mention allready, or planned content.

Have fun ( Sorry for the typos.. it's 4 AM allready and wanted to go to sleep a while ago.. but noooo.. had to make this Thread ;) )

Edit:

Added on 23.02.2016

Edited by Perdosa
11 people like this

Posted

Noted, thank you for taking the time to type this up.

4 people like this

Posted

Great suggestions.  I didn't get to play as much as I'd have liked in the cbt2 but from the short time I played, I think the minimap should have tooltips that show up on mouse over with a quick summary of what task/quest we are working on in a highlighted zone.  This way we won't have to open up the world map to see where/what the quest objectives are and just mouse over on the minimap so we can quickly get to whatever task we are on.  Also regarding quests, it seems that some of my quests would randomly stop being tracked on the quest log located under the minimap.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or some error on my part but when I accepted a new quest it would sometimes auto track it in the log while at other times it wouldn't show up there despite not having any other active quests in the log.

Posted

There is a way to have your horse follow you after you tame a wild one, but i dont remember what it is so i had to run back to my horse each time .

Someone more knowledgable might be of some help here.

Posted

Many great points made, I can't say anything that I didn't like about what you suggested. Thumbs up!

Posted

Hello,

While testing CBT2 , i'd traveled with a fishboat from velia to calpheon with 3 of my friends , arrived at the entrance of the long path way who lead from sea to calpheon , the boat for my friends was every 10 meters under the sea (not for me who was driving) , result > every 30 seconds they was swimming out of the boat , very bad... please check the path way to calpheon

Posted

Noted, thank you for taking the time to type this up.

Very nice, appreciate that. :) I will add things here and there, if i can think of something and highlight them with a different colour. So i don't have to create more and more Threads, just for one little thing.

There is a way to have your horse follow you after you tame a wild one, but i dont remember what it is so i had to run back to my horse each time .

Someone more knowledgable might be of some help here.

Yes, i figured that by accident on how to do that, but i believe that is more a bug than anything else. 

Posted (edited)

Well well.. time for an update... will update the OP as well at some point, since it is not "up to date" anymore.

I had quite some time now, to play around with things and test certain stuff, so i can bring up some more valid points.

PvE:

Quests:

I love the Quest-System and how deep it is, with all the lore behind it. Compared to all the other "faceroll" Games out there, there are Quest-Lines in BDO, where i actually have to use my rusty braincells. lol 

- I've made a Thread about it and i should mention it here as well, the Progress i the Quest-Tab is irritating and somewhat annoying. The % should represent the actual finished quests and not reset the repeatable Quests out of all Progress-Bars on a daily Basis. IF i have done a repeatable Quest at least once, it should stay as "done" in the Progress-Bar and it should under no circumstance change the other Progress-Bars, like it does right now.

- Fishing Quests needs to be fixed, where it tells you to catch a certain Fish, does show a different Picture and is not the Fish the NPC actually wants. It usually does match the Picture, but does not match the Text or Quest-Log.

- Full Questlog ingame, which means basically a "knowledge tab", like for all the other Stuff. Put in the Regions and all possible Quests.. put a ??? Mark up, for those i did not do yet, but it will show how much i have left in that region. For a Game with 10k+ Quests, this is actually something i would expect to be there. For an Achievement Hunter like myself, it is quite bothersome to keep track of all the Quests i have done, so i have to write them down.. so if not a Quest-Log, a "Note Tab", where i could write up Notes and save! them, would help as well.

- Quest Indicator for NPC Conversation Menue. I did encounter a good amount of NPC's, where i can unlock a Quest via Amity, but do not get the Quest. This is most likely due the fact, that i still do not meet certain requirements, which is totally fine. What i find troublesome, is that i have to recheck NPC's over and over, if they have something new, beside the dailies. A good example would be "Those Seagulls!", where you have to have a gun in your inventory, to actually get the Quest.. which is not mentioned anywhere. I do like to figure out things like that and check around, but this Quest should have changed from the yellow little icon into a "red icon". So i would know i still have a Quest at that NPC, where i need to figure the requirements, which again is fine, but at least i would know; "Hey.. i still can get a Quest from this guy". With all the NPC's i've boosted, i can only keep track with paper and pen right now.. or simply ride over the whole world to recheck every single NPC. So long story short; Change the yellow icon into a red icon, if i gained enough Amity to get it, but still do not meet all requirements. And turn it into a green icon, if the Quest was finished.

Gathering/Professions:

I totally love the Gathering and also the other Professions and how it was implemented, except for a couple minor things;

- Simple Cooking under the "L" Tab is...  simple?! There are only a few Recipes available, so why have it there? Could still do that with normal cooking, or actually add more Recipes to "simple cooking". But only 4-5 recipes for that seems to be quite a waste, if i compare it to "heating", "chopping" and the other things.

- More Secret Caves to gather rare Material. There are secret Caves around the World and you get some from hints, or discover them yourself and they are most likely filled with "rare" Stones/Ore. But for BDO having such a huuuuge World, it is just a waste to have not a lot more.. esp under big mountains, with a lot "labyrinth like" tunnels and such. Seems to be still too rare and esp "underwater caves". I mean you can dive .. which is awesome, but i only discovered a few underwater caves and i did dive a lot. For example; I started below the Harpies and did swim/dive all the way up to the Ocean, to actually search for hidden "underwater caves".. but there were... 0. Maybe there are a few, which i did not find yet in other regions. The few "underwater" caves are not really that hidden and you can see them, even without diving.

- The Tree-textures needs to be fixed..If i look for a birch, because i want birch timber.. i do want that Tree to look like a birch and not like a Pine. There are a lot of Trees labeled as "Birch", which do not look like a Birch at all.. and then there are actually Trees, which have the typical "birch white'ish" texture, but they are Pines? What the hell guys? lol

Misc:

- Animations for Boats/Ships.. sorry, but those animations are ugly as f**k. water going through! my boat, like there is no boat at all is totally breaking the immersion. Such an awesome looking Game and then there is Stuff like that where you think; was the guy drunk who did this?

- And for friggn sake.. give me a toogle Button for "idle mounts/carts". If they are not active for like 10 Minutes, just make them disappear on my Screen, or let me toogle off "inactive" Mounts. I can't interact with them at all.. so why do i need to see 50 horses/carts in front of a NPC? Make the disappear after a while if not active is a simply solution to this.. because this is totally driving me nuts, let alone fu**ing with my performance:

2016-03-06_38490500.jpg

This is annoying as hell and not only the case at the NPC's for the Warehouse and Stables, but also goes up the whole Streets. I can't interact with a cart/horse which does stay there for 5 hours... why do i have to see them? Same goes for the boats btw.

and last thing for today:

- Housing/Residence.. Please show in the "Layout", before i buy a house if it has more than just 1 floor. A simple number would do it, like in Heidel, where you have houses with 2 or 3 floors, but is not mentioned anywhere and you do not see it on the "Preview". So above the "Preview Picture" of the Residence a simple "Floors: 2" would help a lot, instead of checking all of them out.

Edited by Perdosa