• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Open world PVP Suggestion

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

To promote a better open world PVP experience why not give a bonus + no karma loss to anyone flagged for PVP?

So flagging for PVP would be something like this:

-   +15-20% XP gain.

-   +3-4 Luck or 20% increased item drop chance.

-    No Karma loss or gain while flagged for pvp.

-    No Gem loss (Unless a player has low karma from PKing non-flagged players).

-    You would have this buff/pvp effect forced on you for a minimum of 15-20 mins if you choose to flag yourself or attack another flagged player.

Doing this gets rid of pointless open world pvp/ganking. Its risk vs reward and can still tie into the bounty system they have been talking about.

Edited by Nightsdawn

Posted (edited)

You mean you get these bonuses if you toggle PvP on? I see you writting there Flagging should not be a toggle, but how else do would you get the buffs? xD

Now that i read it again..."no karma loss to anyone flagged for PvP" ... Then you write 6 lines below "PvP should not be a toggle" ... then how do you flag for PvP? the brainstorm man.

Edited by Oneuproad

Posted

I simply meant that you shouldn't be able to "toggle" pvp off whenever you please. IF you have flagged yourself for PVP whether its because you flagged yourself in order to gain the xp/loot buff OR you chose to attack an already flagged player you should stay flagged for a decent amount of time (15-20 mins). Sorry if that confused you. Ill edit that sentence out.

Posted

Yes adding a little bonus when we flag PvP could be a good idea. So even weak players could be attacked and not only the powerfull players who wants to fight. But there should also be something like this : if a player get killed by an other one he will no longer be PvP flagged but still have the bonus. Otherwise weak players will get farmed.

Posted

With all due respect, and I really do mean that, please do not do this at all.

I recognize there are lots of PVP players, or people who like both, but don't forget there are a lot of PVE players as well.

Please do not insult them by giving PVP players massive bonuses, like MASSIVE (warrants all CAPS) bonuses that people who do not enjoy PVP cannot get. Basically you force PVE people into either being slower and grindier or being murdered by other players. C9 has this system in place and it ruins the feel of the game.

You cannot punish people for not wanting to be killed by other players, which is what this is. Hamstring us, or force us to be killed: either way I would be very sad for blowing $150, and wasting my time being excited for this game. 

My solution? Let everyone who wants to murder others or die go play with each other, and don't let them bully PVE players to get their fix. Who should get to decide if I submit to assholes who want to kill me? Me and me alone. Leave this crap out of the game.

Chris

Posted

I recognize there are lots of PVP players, or people who like both, but don't forget there are a lot of PVE players as well.

Please do not insult them by giving PVP players massive bonuses, like MASSIVE (warrants all CAPS) bonuses that people who do not enjoy PVP cannot get. Basically you force PVE people into either being slower and grindier or being murdered by other players. C9 has this system in place and it ruins the feel of the game.

You cannot punish people for not wanting to be killed by other players, which is what this is. Hamstring us, or force us to be killed: either way I would be very sad for blowing $150, and wasting my time being excited for this game. 

My solution? Let everyone who wants to murder others or die go play with each other, and don't let them bully PVE players to get their fix. Who should get to decide if I submit to assholes who want to kill me? Me and me alone. Leave this crap out of the game.

Chris

Well the "buff" could be adjusted. Give a 1-2% xp gain and a +1 to luck or something minor. Just "something" that would at least give you a slight incentive to flag for pvp. Something like this would actually make it BETTER for players that did not wish to PVP. As it stands now its a pointless mechanic that only serves PK'ers to grief people or guilds to force someone not in a guild off of a farming spot.

Posted (edited)

Chris

Ehhh you do know this is a pvp centric game right? There arent gonna be any raids waiting for you at soft cap to get some elite purps. The only thing that awaits you is pvp and crafting, Sorry too pee in your cereal. 

I do want to note that I DO NOT agree with OP at all. Those buffs are way too crazy. 

Also. I gotta ask.... 150$? How?  top pack is 100$. 

Edited by Samy

Posted (edited)

Again, The buffs could obviously be adjusted. Anything that would give some incentive for someone that doesn't mind open world pvp.

Right now its COMPLETELY pointless and is only there so people can grief or guilds can grief non-guilded players out of a grinding spot.

Edited by Nightsdawn

Posted

Ehhh you do know this is a pvp centric game right? There arent gonna be any raids waiting for you at soft cap to get some elite purps. The only thing that awaits you is pvp and crafting, Sorry too pee in your cereal. 

I do want to note that I DO NOT agree with OP at all. Those buffs are way too crazy. 

Also. I gotta ask.... 150$? How?  top pack is 100$. 

Oh I should have included, sorry, I live in Canada. 99 euros, or whatever, is $149 here with the exchange rate on the day I purchased the game.

I also know it is pvp centric at end game, but the game is so complex I should get hundreds of hours maxing and training all of the classes in game at launch plus more after launch. Right now you are not even allowed to gank me until I believe (but may be wrong) I am level 45 so clearly it is not a PVP game when running the vast majority of the content. I am worried about endgame though, you are correct, but I just don't want getting killed randomly by players to mess with my journey through the game.

Also, I heard a rumor that Pearl Abyss have or are going to add dungeons (super easy and silly apparently) in the future. So I have a tiny speck of hope.

Point still stands though, players should be equal, not buffed or not to promote me letting other people kill me. Also, maybe I like a little pee in my cereal... but you gotta buy me dinner first... just sayin'

Posted

Chris

having bad karma should give you positive effects since you have a chance to drop your equipment/loot upon death. being red should have a great positive because the item drop on death is a HUGE negative. there needs to be balance, you know? going red is a big risk that even the strongest players still fear because nobody wants to drop their +15 items for no reason.

Posted

Well the "buff" could be adjusted. Give a 1-2% xp gain and a +1 to luck or something minor. Just "something" that would at least give you a slight incentive to flag for pvp. Something like this would actually make it BETTER for players that did not wish to PVP. As it stands now its a pointless mechanic that only serves PK'ers to grief people or guilds to force someone not in a guild off of a farming spot.

I will totally agree that the current system is really finicky and overly complex without solving the problem. The best PVP system is a simple one:

Flag if you want to kill and be killed by players, timer just like you suggested

Don't flag if you don't want to kill or be killed by players

The incentive should be that you enjoy the challenge of PVP, or that you enjoy the uncertainty of what could happen any second. Not buffs. If you like PVP, flag for PVP. But I should not be forced to accept one of two crappy options, grind more relative to others, or accept being slaughtered for a farming spot. I bought the game just like everyone else.

I hope they keep working on whatever system they chose though, because what you describe with the guilds forcing people off of farming spots sounds horrid.

having bad karma should give you positive effects since you have a chance to drop your equipment/loot upon death. being red should have a great positive because the item drop on death is a HUGE negative. there needs to be balance, you know? going red is a big risk that even the strongest players still fear because nobody wants to drop their +15 items for no reason.

Simply put, there should be no item drop on death, that is insane. In a flag system, where everyone can simply choose, you don't need those crazy penalties. Also consider, I have a chance to drop my weapon too, but I will likely always lose to that +15 weapon character, so I will lose my gear far more often. Why would I want that any more than them? They really do that? that's crazy. I am going nowhere near that shit lol

Posted

To promote a better open world PVP experience why not give a bonus + no karma loss to anyone flagged for PVP?

So flagging for PVP would be something like this:

-   +15-20% XP gain.

-   +3-4 Luck or 20% increased item drop chance.

-    No Karma loss or gain while flagged for pvp.

-    No Gem loss (Unless a player has low karma from PKing non-flagged players).

-    You would have this buff/pvp effect forced on you for a minimum of 15-20 mins if you choose to flag yourself or attack another flagged player.

Doing this gets rid of pointless open world pvp/ganking. Its risk vs reward and can still tie into the bounty system they have been talking about.

Risk vs reward.. Where's the risk? You don't lose gems, you don't lose karma for attacking, no risk of death, and you're rewarded heavily. There's zero risk to being flagged, and lots of rewards, so everyone would do it. Which brings me to my next question:

What's to prevent people from farming each other for free XP and loot? And because of this:

Why would you ever attack an unflagged person if you can just farm flagged friends and others? And because of that, how would a player ever get low karma? And then who would ever get to make use of the bounty system?

Posted (edited)

I will totally agree that the current system is really finicky and overly complex without solving the problem. The best PVP system is a simple one:

Flag if you want to kill and be killed by players, timer just like you suggested

Don't flag if you don't want to kill or be killed by players

The incentive should be that you enjoy the challenge of PVP, or that you enjoy the uncertainty of what could happen any second. Not buffs. If you like PVP, flag for PVP. But I should not be forced to accept one of two crappy options, grind more relative to others, or accept being slaughtered for a farming spot. I bought the game just like everyone else.

I hope they keep working on whatever system they chose though, because what you describe with the guilds forcing people off of farming spots sounds horrid.

Simply put, there should be no item drop on death, that is insane. In a flag system, where everyone can simply choose, you don't need those crazy penalties. Also consider, I have a chance to drop my weapon too, but I will likely always lose to that +15 weapon character, so I will lose my gear far more often. Why would I want that any more than them? They really do that? that's crazy. I am going nowhere near that shit lol

I'd rather see any of these buffs get implemented than have negative karma players not drop items:

a) + to movement speed that increases with your karma getting lower.

b) less delay on chugging potions as your karma gets lower.

c) a negative karma only ability that cloaks you for a duration with a cooldown -- similar to the ghillie suit.

d) damage enemy weapons or armor as a debuff? maybe you need a whetstone to repair it ;)?

e) some skills do increased damage in pvp with lower karma?

f) instant teleport to safe area if max negative karma -- no matter if you're in combat, flagged, safe, anything <- this is probably one of the best suggestions

But Don't Remove The Item Drops On Death. hunting red players should give you a bloodlust boner because they DROP good loot, but red players should get their own self defenses since... zergs happen. you'll see more white/blue players hunting reds than reds grouping to pk. you also have to understand that reds BETRAY one another to get loot. there is no honor when you're behind a PC monitor.

I feel like my suggestions are decent because you wouldn't expect negative karma to give Great or Fantastic buffs. 

Edited by Keshanberk

Posted

Risk vs reward.. Where's the risk? You don't lose gems, you don't lose karma for attacking, no risk of death, and you're rewarded heavily. There's zero risk to being flagged, and lots of rewards, so everyone would do it. Which brings me to my next question:

What's to prevent people from farming each other for free XP and loot? And because of this:

I have no idea what this even means? Free XP and loot from what??

Why would you ever attack an unflagged person if you can just farm flagged friends and others? [People generally wouldn't attack someone not flagged, I have no idea what you mean by "farming" flagged friends and others?]  And because of that, how would a player ever get low karma? [By killing unflagged people] And then who would ever get to make use of the bounty system? [The bounty system would be used to kill people that chose to PK like its intended]

I think you've totally missed the point and don't understand what I'm proposing or how open world pvp works in this game.

Again, currently open world pvp is pointless and only promotes douchy PK's killing people randomly or guilds killing guildless people so they can claim a farming location.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0