• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Charged $133.67 on my bill

58 posts in this topic

Posted

It clearly states on your website the conquerors package is $99. NO WHERE DOES THIS STATE USD OR CAD OR  ANYTHING ELSE.

I was expecting to pay $99 in the country I am in, yet I was charged $133.67.

DAUM FIX YOUR WEBSITE CURRENCY TYPE

Where can I go to get my $33.67 refund?!?!?!

Posted

You can request a refund from customer support within 14 days of your purchase and only as long as you haven’t accessed the game (this includes access during CBT stages). Refunds will only be provided once. Further details can be found in our Terms of Use.

Posted

How old are you?

Posted (edited)

It clearly states on your website the conquerors package is $99. NO WHERE DOES THIS STATE USD OR CAD OR  ANYTHING ELSE.

If you are in Europe that was probably the VAT tax, don't blame Daum blame your government. If you are in N/A then ask for a refund.

Edited by COMI
1 person likes this

Posted

It has nothing to do with tax, it's different currencies.

US Dollar and Canadian Dollar are not the same currency.

Posted

Some banks charge a lot for currency transfers if that's the case you can't do anything about it even if you refound only 99$ going back to you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Some banks charge a lot for currency transfers if that's the case you can't do anything about it even if you refound only 99$ going back to you.

1$ CAD =  0.74903 $ US

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Maybe he just used not regular bank card.

Edited by Raimis

Posted

If you are in Europe that was probably the VAT tax, don't blame Daum blame your government. If you are in N/A then ask for a refund.

Nothing to do with tax or being in Europe-it cost 99Euro here and is marked on the website. But as of this comment the change over of USD to Canadian is 99-132. So the OP I'm assuming is buying from Canada. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Are you the developer that created The Secret World MMO?

Posted

Nothing to do with tax or being in Europe-it cost 99Euro here and is marked on the website. But as of this comment the change over of USD to Canadian is 99-132. So the OP I'm assuming is buying from Canada. 

Correct, I am purchasing from Canada. Nowhere does it state the $99 is USD, even when I entered my CC details at the payment stage it still showed $99. DAUM you need to fix this!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah it's USD, that's why I haven't bought my pack yet. Waiting to see if the shit bank of Canada will increase rates back to normal then buy.

Sadly Daum isn't like Riot which allows CAD $100 even when the currency is low AF randomly.

The only reason I realized this was cause I use PayPal and they show in CAD how much I pay for everything on the verification screen, it's true Daum should show it for CC users.

Edited by Scout

Posted

You should always assumes that it's in US dollars.

1 person likes this

Posted

Check out with PayPal next time it shows the currency before you purchased and hey at least you paid $130 it was like $140  a few weeks ago for me :/ 

it says NA automatically expect it to be in the American dollar... At least it's not in euro.. Since its Daum Europe.that was my greatest fear. Instead of $99 be around 200 lol

Posted

Yeah it's USD, that's why I haven't bought my pack yet. Waiting to see if the shit bank of Canada will increase rates back to normal then buy.

Sadly Daum isn't like Riot which allows CAD $100 even when the currency is low AF randomly.

The only reason I realized this was cause I use PayPal and they show in CAD how much I pay for everything on the verification screen, it's true Daum should show it for CC users.

I doubt the Canadian dollar will rise it's been almost a year since its been down and now we have import fees that didn't start till this year... dHl and end now charge 20-30 now lol

i expect it to drop lower then To go up...

Posted (edited)

Correct, I am purchasing from Canada. Nowhere does it state the $99 is USD, even when I entered my CC details at the payment stage it still showed $99. DAUM you need to fix this!

I agree-From Europe it's pretty easy with MMO's we typically just get a mirrored price of the USD-even though it makes it a little more expensive in Europe this I'm told typically covers a tax-so here it is always very clear and concise.

But as far as I know the USD and CND both share the same $ sign-is this correct? In this case I really feel just for clarity it should say USD when buying. 

Edited by gobSIDES

Posted

I doubt the Canadian dollar will rise it's been almost a year since its been down and now we have import fees that didn't start till this year... dHl and end now charge 20-30 now lol

i expect it to drop lower then To go up...

I know it's typically low, but not this low. Typically .8-.9, which is much better... Paying you know $115 is standard for $100 USD stuff, but yeah over $130 seems meh...

I'll still wait though, not in a rush to buy. You're probably 99% right though =/

Posted

least is spelt leet

Posted

I bought the package as well, I do believe at some point while placing your order it states that the total is $99 USD.
This would also make sense as a Canadian I have never seen online pricing ever specifically written in CAD unless the website itself is Canadian. 

Posted

It has nothing to do with tax, it's different currencies.

US Dollar and Canadian Dollar are not the same currency.

This, Canadian dollar is still under by quite a bit so I know for a fact my pre-order is well over the basic taxes due to currency differences.

Won't stop me from buying what I want though.

Posted

I know it's typically low, but not this low. Typically .8-.9, which is much better... Paying you know $115 is standard for $100 USD stuff, but yeah over $130 seems meh...

I'll still wait though, not in a rush to buy. You're probably 99% right though =/

good luck to you. xD

Posted (edited)

It's 70,49£ for uk members for conquerer atm :)

Edited by Raimis

Posted

isn't it safe to assume that everything online in NA is priced in USD?

1 person likes this

Posted

Why would you expect it will be in CAD, when the one of the servers is in LA. Also a great rule of thumb, it is always USD when the website is in ".com" and not ".ca", and when it directly stated USD and not CAD.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Really? As someone who I would assume has played, and paid for, other MMO's before, did you really think that the price of the game would be in YOUR OWN currency (unless you are in the respective EU/NA zones)...that is honestly just so blind that I can't even...The current USD to AUD currency conversion rate is abysmal and costs Australians anywhere from 140 to 150 bucks to buy the conquerors package...now THAT is painful.  

Edited by TheEntelexia
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0