• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So, am I the only one questioning why a cash shop exists in a pay-to-play game?

61 posts in this topic

Posted

actually i rememebr in the diray CM_Belsazar said costumes will have minor buffs but not game breaking.

^ This. 

Xcq1pZ9.thumb.png.5eafd60b5235948da44342

Found on the pre-order page.

Posted

I know it's optional and all but don't you think it's a little, wittle bit unfair of the company to not only make you pay a price to play the game but then restrict cool outfits and costumes behind an in-game shop?

I mean I could understand a cash shop if the game was free to play but..

please leave. I'm sick of idiots posting the same shit. P2w. Cash shop. Why that and that. For ----- sake. Because they need steady income? Too be able to keep the game going? Updates costs and do you even know how much servers cost? Stop.. Making them -----ing cash shop threads. YOURE NOT THE ONLY ONE. 90% threads is exactly the same as yours. Then people call community toxic. Were just tired of the same shit being posted every 5 min... Maybe Jouska should look into closing this type of threads....too much too -----ing often. Damn no avatar people

Posted

Daum eu cant change that they need revenue son this isnt a single player game and even single play games have cash shops now

Posted

^ This. 

Xcq1pZ9.thumb.png.5eafd60b5235948da44342

Found on the pre-order page.

thank you for finding that i knew he said that! :D 

Posted (edited)

Guild Wars 2 does a cash store and nobody bats an eye.
Black Desert Online does a cash store and everyone loses their mind.

Granted its a wee expensive atm but prices can be adjusted and surely it will happen given the community outcry.

Edit: I realise GW2 is F2P now but it was B2P for roughly 3 years with a cash shop.

Edited by Trieda

Posted

I know it's optional and all but don't you think it's a little, wittle bit unfair of the company to not only make you pay a price to play the game but then restrict cool outfits and costumes behind an in-game shop?

since u question their method, how do u suggest they should make other ways to sustain themselves? An mmorpg isnt like a single player game, it has more upkeep costs to cover, making a cash shop needed

Posted

Have you ever actually played a B2P MMO?

Posted

Daum is a HUGE company in Korea. It's part of Kakao. Their primary app is KakaoTalk, which currently has 170 million users and is available in 15 languages. The app is used by 93% of smartphone owners in South Korea.

They have LOTS or revenue but thin profits so a major initive is to increase the gaming side of the business.

Which means they have to support their other products as well. That KakaoTalk sounds like something that needs constant upkeep so again, the best financial solution was probably this route.

Posted

I like the cash shop.

I like buying cosmetics.

There are lots of other people who like paying for cosmetics too.

Should there be 1 permanent free costume (currently you get a 7day costume) or at least $30 of pearls when you buy the game? Sure

But the cash shop is fine where it is.

Posted

Damn no avatar people

hey woah woah im not one of them im just to lazy to throw a avatar on i have to click like three buttons. Besides avatars are P2W

Posted

I don't understand why so many whine about cash shop for buy to play games. Plenty have it. Guild Wars 2 started it long time ago, followed by Elder Scrolls Online. They don't have subs and once players purchase the game they need to have some income. Servers and people working on the game cost money you know.

Posted

dontdoitbait.thumb.png.94d8ae336aabd37f3

Posted

hey woah woah im not one of them im just to lazy to throw a avatar on i have to click like three buttons. Besides avatars are P2W

true we shouldn't take such advantage of other people...

Posted

i decided to buy an avatar im sorry guys i bought into the hype

Posted

Dating a dude might cost you your sanity.

Good thing you have your cats and twilight dvds

Posted

Why not?

Posted

i decided to buy an avatar im sorry guys i bought into the hype

good choice.

Posted

Just keep it how it is 

Posted

thank you @XkiviX i felt the hype was indeed warranted 

Posted

thank you @XkiviX i felt the hype was indeed warranted

be prepared for the hate :P

Posted

Because it's not sub-based.

/thread

Posted

why is that unfair?  and you do realize, that it was our market that all but demanded a b2p or p2p model...they did not want this model...they wanted f2p, but this audience was adamant.  

Posted

Give them some time dude.... let them read the forums and give them time to adjust their prices for the cahshop.... you might be surprised come OBT.... I dont know how the cashop is P2W though... and think people are using the term too losely.. all you can buy in the CS is vanity items. If you think wearing pretty clothes on your char and horse is going to give you an advantage in war and pvp then.... you may have a point.

Scenario 1: Two guild at war

Guild 1: Guys we going to lose they all wearing pretty clothes and have nice horse outfits

Guild 2: Thats right we P2W with pretty clothes

Scenario 2 PVP arena

Hmm I lost because that guys pretty clothes sparkle and I was mesmerised by his prettiness and could not do my combos.... hes soooo pretty

I dont think BDO is not P2W. Is the cash shop overpriced? Defineately! But give them some time before OBT. You may find they will listen to the community and adjust their prices.

Best Regards,

HellZ

There is no OBT

Posted

In the current state, it's optional, end of story.

But there is a possibility that the cash shop could turn into P2W in the near future, that's what the mature discussions between players are about.
Of course we have questions that needs to be answered by officials. However, there is no reason for drama and exaggerations in the current state.

Posted

It's fine that a cash shop exists in a pay to play game.

But BDO is not a pay to play game.  It was not designed to be a pay to play game and Daum has not many any changes other than taking out the dye venders.

Cash shops are fine, but they are no longer fine when the only option to obtain certain items is to use the cash shop.  This will be softened when they allow players to sell cash shop items on the auction house *if that ever happens), but with fixed prices those items will stop selling at a certain point due to inflation.

I wish I could have faith in Daum, but from what I saw in CBT2, they are just riding all this "pay to play" BS to sell preorders and get box sales, they never planned on making any real changes to the game or the cash shop.