• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[OOC - EU RP] Deciding on an unofficial RP server for launch.

EU RP SERVER   261 votes

1. 1. This poll is no longer valid, please check the post.

• This poll is no longer valid, please check the post.
  2. 2. This poll is no longer valid, please check the post.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

97 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This thread is made under the assumption that the set up for CBT2 is the set up will get at launch and that we need to arrange an unofficial server and channel. It's also working under the assumption that this thread was made with the intention to arrange a gathering place for beta 2. If I'm wrong, please forgive me Wolfspirit1993, and I'll cancel this thread and request it be deleted or locked. I'm just seeking to clarify beyond doubt since there was some confusion. 

These are seemingly our choices:

xpfWFXK.png

Note: WE ARE VOTING ONLY FOR EU. 

For the poll, I've only included the first four channels because they're the only four guaranteed to exist. From what I understand, the rest are overflow. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! Additionally, if we receive confirmation that this is the set up we can expect at launch, or alternatively that we'll be getting a server or channel of our own, I'll update this thread with that information accordingly.

Lastly, a reminder to support an official roleplaying server or channel if you want one and also the roleplaying wishlist.

- The German roleplay vote can be found over here.
- The French roleplay vote can be found over here.

Depending on how Daum decides to make the channels work, I'd strongly suggest we push for this:

One roleplay server for all EU players.

Different language channels.

That way, the multi-lingual can channel hop when they want to, but those who only have one language can stick with those of the same language easily.

To English-speaking French and German players:

If you agree with the proposal above, please take the discussion to your people (this sounds so tribal, ha). Those of us who can't speak French and/or German are at a bit of a loss when it comes to trying to communicate what we're aiming for.

To be clear: we have not decided on a specific server yet and we don't expect everyone to speak English, we'd just like to be on the same one, whatever that is. We're waiting until we have confirmation on what the names are, but would probably want to congregate on whatever Server 2 is.

UPDATES:

Just got confirmation that there will be two servers per region over here. No details yet on the channels beyond the fact there'll be 9 of them.

We have confirmation over here that the server names will be remaining the same. No confirmation on channels yet.

Also, apparently the German community http://www.bd-rp.de/ will be going for Jordine! The French are going Jordine too, and Jordine is currently leading our poll also, so I think it's most likely the international community will be going there.

I'm very sorry but I am cancelling this poll.

I've reason to believe that non-roleplayers are attempting to influence this poll.
This has become a mess and we can't take these results seriously anymore.

A NEW POLL WILL TAKE PLACE OVER ON 
BLACKDESERTROLEPLAYERS.COM for the international roleplaying community.
This will guarantee all votes are made by roleplayers, especially those interested in roleplaying with the English speaking community.

This will be a yes or no poll for Jordine. I'm basing this on the previous beta vote, and on where roleplayers have primarily expressed interest in this thread. I'm sorry to any genuine roleplayers who still want to go to Alustin. If that's the case, take your vote to blackdesertroleplayers.com. It will still be listened to!

Thank you and I'm sorry to anyone this inconveniences.

WE WILL STILL ANNOUNCE HERE WHAT THE RESULTS ARE ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY.

UPDATE

XaMcQBy.png

The EN-EU community will be trying to make Jordine our roleplaying home and we invite anyone who wishes to roleplay with us to join us.

Sorry again for all of the confusion.

Channels have not been decided yet, but I will update this post when we know more.

Edited by Faine
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

I hope we will get all on the same server ...

I cant change my post atm - error -.-

24678464sx.jpg

Edited by Dayanera
1 person likes this

Posted

I hope so too, Dayanera. I'll be doing what I can to make it so.

I hope that Daum confirms what names we'll be getting and whether we'll have any kind of [RP] tag soon.

Posted

I hope so too, Dayanera. I'll be doing what I can to make it so.

I hope that Daum confirms what names we'll be getting and whether we'll have any kind of [RP] tag soon.

same here, only 5 Days left for Headstart....

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, they're not making this easy for us. :/

Posted

This thread is made under the assumption that the set up for CBT2 is the set up will get at launch and that we need to arrange an unofficial server and channel. It's also working under the assumption that this thread was made with the intention to arrange a gathering place for beta 2. If I'm wrong, please forgive me Wolfspirit1993, and I'll cancel this thread and request it be deleted or locked. I'm just seeking to clarify beyond doubt since there was some confusion. 

These are seemingly our choices:

xpfWFXK.png

Note: WE ARE VOTING ONLY FOR EU. 

For the poll, I've only included the first four channels because they're the only four guaranteed to exist. From what I understand, the rest are overflow. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! Additionally, if we receive confirmation that this is the set up we can expect at launch, or alternatively that we'll be getting a server or channel of our own, I'll update this thread with that information accordingly.

Lastly, a reminder to support an official roleplaying server or channel if you want one and also the roleplaying wishlist.

- The German roleplay vote can be found over here.
- The French roleplay vote is currently unknown.

We would like to try and keep all RPers under one server, but currently the German-speaking community are leaning towards Alustin and the English-speaking community are leaning towards Jordine. You don't make my job easy, do you? ;)

UPDATES:

Just got confirmation that there will be two servers per region over here. No details yet on the channels beyond the fact there'll be 9 of them.

It's cool ^^ I started my thread, to make people start considering where they they wanted to populate for RP. But it does eb out in that most are aiming for Jordine - Serendia.

1 person likes this

Posted

Most seem to be leaning towards Jordine - Serenidia. Thumbs crossed in hopes for the RP tagged channel :/

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Depending on how Daum decides to make the channels work, I'd strongly suggest we push for this:

That way, the multi-lingual can channel hop when they want to, but those who only have one language can stick with those of the same language easily.

Edited by Faine
2 people like this

Posted

Nice idear!

Posted

This would be the ideal solution in my opinion. That way the community stays together as much as possible. 

Posted (edited)

that would be awesome, especially if theres a special tag

Edited by Knut

Posted

Brilliant idea. A special tag would be nice but i think it's not gonna happen.

Posted

With the names probably going to change, I'll just go for the 2nd option in the alphabet. Either way....

mqqk7hl.jpg

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I am discussing with my friends which server to join since the two polls I've seen are suggesting different. Can someone just get democracy a kick in the arse and monarchly scream out a decided server lol?

Edited by GrimCamel

Posted

We'll give it a few days to let more votes come in and to allow Daum to confirm for sure what the set up is going to be. Don't worry GrimCamel, we'll get something sorted out.

Posted

We'll give it a few days to let more votes come in and to allow Daum to confirm for sure what the set up is going to be. Don't worry GrimCamel, we'll get something sorted out.

Awesome, I cant wait!

Posted (edited)

For your information, the french RP community (www.desertnoir.fr) has decided to settle on Jordine at launch (if the servers' names are the same). We are approx. 100 active members at the moment.

Edited by Fjord
1 person likes this

Posted

For your information, the french RP community (www.desertnoir.fr) has decided to settle on Jordine at launch (if the servers' names are the same). We are approx. 100 active members at the moment.

Hi Fjord, 

thank you for letting us know. If we could ask the members of the French community to cast their vote in this poll too perhaps, so that we can get a representation of the community as a whole that would be lovely. After all I think we all agree that the more RPers on one server (albeit in different channels) the better for us all. :) 

Posted

Of course :)

I'll ask them to vote here.

Posted (edited)

GUYS pls let me know where you decide to go!!! In particular english speakers!!!

I would personally suggest the second server, or the server which will be less busy. (the server where all the major guilds are NOT going to)

Edited by Alhaziel

Posted

If anyone can find information on where the major non-roleplaying guilds are going and post that info here, it'd really help in the decision making.

Posted

Well at the current moment it appears that the Channel that most people will be aiming for is Serendia. While the server still could tip between Alustin and Jordine. It's a tight vote.

Posted

I would feel much more comfortable about all of this if Daum would confirm the server and channel names for us.

Posted

They finished their interview yesterday, didn't they? Maybe it's up in the forum announcements.. I'mma check.

Posted

Voted for Jordine/Serendia.

But, I will keep an eye out for the 'official' announcement.