• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[OOC - EU RP] Deciding on an unofficial RP server for launch.

EU RP SERVER   261 votes

1. 1. This poll is no longer valid, please check the post.

• This poll is no longer valid, please check the post.
  2. 2. This poll is no longer valid, please check the post.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

97 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There seems to be an initiative to make Alustin more PvP-focused:

Not everyone agrees with this though. I just thought I'd point it out anyway, since some people may want to consider this when making their server choice.

Edited by Faine
1 person likes this

Posted

There seems to be an initiative to make Alustin more PvP-focused:

Not everyone agrees with this though. I just thought I'd point it out anyway, since some people may want to consider this when making their server choice.

Thanks Faine

1 person likes this

Posted

I know my guild (which I am not joining in BDO) which fused together with my old guild which are hardcore PvP chose Jordine, Balenos for CBT so there is a chance they might stick to Jordine. They're going to have a TS3 meeting tonight tho and they might discuss changes

1 person likes this

Posted

I know my guild (which I am not joining in BDO) which fused together with my old guild which are hardcore PvP chose Jordine, Balenos for CBT so there is a chance they might stick to Jordine. They're going to have a TS3 meeting tonight tho and they might discuss changes

Thanks GrimCamel!

My guess is we'll get differently focused guilds on both servers, which arguably may be best for the game, but then I also expect we'll see some of those guilds shifting around trying to figure out where they're happiest. I know hardcore PvPers like to be around fellow hardcore PvPers for maximum competition, for example.

In short, we can't really know how things are going to look long term unless there's some kind of unanimous agreement, which I don't think there will be.

Posted

I am pretty sure most hardcore pvpers will choose first server anyways, regardless the name, the RP community have to choose the other then.

I tried several time, but you CANNOT RPing with hardcore PVPers, they will just ruin the immersion for us.

Posted (edited)

I am pretty sure most hardcore pvpers will choose first server anyways, regardless the name, the RP community have to choose the other then.

I tried several time, but you CANNOT RPing with hardcore PVPers, they will just ruin the immersion for us.

I'm inclined to agree, personally, though I know not everyone does.

That said, the main problem with designating a 'first server' and 'second server' is that they change position based on their population. I imagine this might be something Daum has done to encourage people to populate both, which makes sense, but it might not be very convenient for us right now.

Edited by Faine

Posted

Currently my own guild has not chosen a server or channel yet. We want to know where we can find the most RP, however we do not shun away pvp. It is one of the features we look forward to in considerance with GvG battles, and siege wars. Right now we are aiming for the 'All in immersion' of the game, so that also means horse breeding, trade and exploration, while being focused on becoming a Regional Guild

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry to say but its a PvP Game - and the server with the most people have the most PvP.
But also the moste PvP guilds fighting eachother , that means more peace for me.
Becouse on server 2 there will be such pvpler whitch cant realy PvP and disturbe and gank everything....so i prefere the one the big guilds are on.

And that will be Alustin.

Posted

I am pretty sure it is as Faine said, there will be PvPers on both servers, so that should not factor in the decision making process as far as I am concerned. 

Generally RPers prefer to be on the quieter servers though because there is less chance of getting trolled and what not. *shrug* 

Just my 2ct. 

1 person likes this

Posted

There will undoubtedly be PvP on both servers, including guilds wars and later castle sieges. It's possible that one server will become more competitive than another, but only if the PvP community makes it so, and many are opposed to the idea so I don't see it happening.

When I seek a quiet server it's for a smaller population in general, not to avoid PvPers specifically. I'll likely engage in some PvP myself sometimes. But as I said, I've my doubts there'll be a 'quieter' server anyway. Both servers were pretty full during the beta and I imagine it'll be very similar at launch. Whether anything will quieten down after that I don't know.

Posted

Sorry to say but its a PvP Game - and the server with the most people have the most PvP.
But also the moste PvP guilds fighting eachother , that means more peace for me.
Becouse on server 2 there will be such pvpler whitch cant realy PvP and disturbe and gank everything....so i prefere the one the big guilds are on.

And that will be Alustin.

It would make sense if by experience i can tell you that Big and pro pvp guilds do not engage all the time with each other, moreover the percentage of bored kids in them tends to be pretty high and guess what they will do while waiting for the next big battle or big siege? ;)

I'll roll on Jordine, where the majority of Eu rpers are going, we should stick together also because if what you say is true, it's easier to defend yourself from  a poor man pvper that didn't fit on "Server one" with the pros, than fighting a bored Pro :)

It would make sense but by experience i can tell you that Big and pro pvp guilds do not engage all the time with each other, moreover the percentage of bored kids in them tends to be pretty high and guess what they will do while waiting for the next big battle or big siege? ;)

I'll roll on Jordine, where the majority of Eu rpers are going, we should stick together also because if what you say is true, it's easier to defend yourself from  a poor man pvper that didn't fit on "Server one" with the pros, than fighting a bored Pro :)

Posted

Sorry to say but its a PvP Game - and the server with the most people have the most PvP

da9d0ef700a6061ab306576dceb3f9af.thumb.j

While I agree that the game heavily empathizes the PvP aspect, I am bound to disagree. There are multiple ways to lvl up your character through out the game which does not involve the grinding of monsters, or slaying of other players. It's an MMO that brings in aspects that appeals to larger ammount of players. For Roleplayers, this world is beautiful, untouched, and unexplored that is just waiting for the creative mind to delve into and build their own story within the game.

For the PvE players it a world of exploration with a lot of fun features you can enjoy with your guild, or friends alike. Even setting goals to maximize something, which takes time and dedication.

And for PvPers, BDO is a world where the action-combat system comes to show for the hardcore player who dislikes tab-targetting fights. where it is skill over abilities.

So no, It is not PvP game... And yes, currently the end game is pretty much pvp, however if you've followed their latest interview that came out last night on the Announcement Forums, they have claimed that they are working on bringing more endgame to different types of players.

Posted

Argh sorry about the messed up post and quotes, my little daughter decided to land a drop kick  on my keyboard. ^^

Posted

da9d0ef700a6061ab306576dceb3f9af.thumb.j

While I agree that the game heavily empathizes the PvP aspect, I am bound to disagree. There are multiple ways to lvl up your character through out the game which does not involve the grinding of monsters, or slaying of other players. It's an MMO that brings in aspects that appeals to larger ammount of players. For Roleplayers, this world is beautiful, untouched, and unexplored that is just waiting for the creative mind to delve into and build their own story within the game.

For the PvE players it a world of exploration with a lot of fun features you can enjoy with your guild, or friends alike. Even setting goals to maximize something, which takes time and dedication.

And for PvPers, BDO is a world where the action-combat system comes to show for the hardcore player who dislikes tab-targetting fights. where it is skill over abilities.

So no, It is not PvP game... And yes, currently the end game is pretty much pvp, however if you've followed their latest interview that came out last night on the Announcement Forums, they have claimed that they are working on bringing more endgame to different types of players.

Im the last one to say BD dont have PvE....with 10k Quest....no way . BUT ...it also has PvP and that one i cont ignore either.

Posted (edited)

It's not about PVP and PVE it's about hardcore PVP and PVE, that's the problem.

RPers should just avoid the hardcore playerbase (in particular in this game) where all that people care about is rushing to max level and pvp. That's it. All they want to do is that.

On the other hand this game has much more than this, and, in a server with with an RP-more casual playerbase, we can take our time to interact with like-minded ppl.

You also have to consider that most of the hardcore playerbase will go to one server, if we also go there, that server will very likely result overpopulated.

Finally you can imagine how fun is fighting all the time the hardcore guilds in the hardcore server....I don't see it as a fun competition really. Those guys have HUGE guilds and play many hours daily with sole purpose of getting high-end gear. An RP guild, on the other hand, has many other purposes (in addition to pvp and gear progression).

IMHO, for our enjoyment I highly encourage the community to join the least "hardcore" server.

I know french, italian and I think also spanish community are going to do that, I wonder what the english/english speaking community will do tough.

Edited by Alhaziel

Posted

It's official:

I have received confirmation that the server names for launch will be the same as CBT-2, although the channel names could change.

[NA Server]

• Edan
  • Orwen

[EU Server]

• Alustin
  • Jordine

Also, your suggestion for the name "Jouskaland" has been noted, good choice imo.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/20821-so-devs-are-still-wondering-about-server-names-ridiculous-situation/&do=findComment&comment=416108  

2 people like this

Posted

as a idea

when a server is decided on, which it looks like it is going to be Jordine, how about we all band togeather and scout out a nice area to set up a rp town? assuming we will be able to build up houses an stuff. what doe people think?

Posted

as a idea

when a server is decided on, which it looks like it is going to be Jordine, how about we all band togeather and scout out a nice area to set up a rp town? assuming we will be able to build up houses an stuff. what doe people think?

The french RP community will do this: we will choose 2 cities (Calpheon and Heidel it seems) and make them 2 main RP hubs. Surroundings and other places won't be forgotten and will be of course open to RP events and players basecamps, but it will be a way to make RP between players easier, and help to build some RP narrative about this cities and their inhabitants... :)

Posted

aye thats a good idea. question though what is the level of interaction us players can have with the buildings in the cities, can we buy them, trade in them, can we brake into them to rob banks, can we damage them i.e set fire to a rivals warehouse/business?

Posted

The English-speaking RP community is also trying to organise some hubs! We're making plans over on blackdesertroleplayers.com 

You can't destroy houses Nhima, but you can live in them! Trade is limited, but you can always RP trade. Breaking into them etc. is... well, RP-able, but not a game mechanic again.

Posted

Mm sounds fun, and yes, picking a main rp hub is a must *sage nod, then goes to look on link*

Posted

The English-speaking RP community is also trying to organise some hubs! We're making plans over on blackdesertroleplayers.com 

You can't destroy houses Nhima, but you can live in them! Trade is limited, but you can always RP trade. Breaking into them etc. is... well, RP-able, but not a game mechanic again.

I haven't joined blackdesertroleplayers.com yet at least. I went through tabs earlier today and it didn't seem to be very well up to date but if the forum is active I guess I'll have to check it out again at least. Is the site admins inactive or is it just for the time being?

Posted (edited)

I haven't joined blackdesertroleplayers.com yet at least. I went through tabs earlier today and it didn't seem to be very well up to date but if the forum is active I guess I'll have to check it out again at least. Is the site admins inactive or is it just for the time being?

As one of the site moderators, I can assure you it's very active. :D The EU community is smaller than NA (we always will be), but we're building things up now and have a great community forming.

Edited by Faine
1 person likes this

Posted

So.. is it Jordine the server of choice?

Posted

The forum is very much active and is only growing in activity. I can recommend anyone looking to RP to join the site. As stated above, Faine is just one of the admins and they're all doing a good job managing the site. It's a great place to find likeminded people and organise roleplay.