• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[OOC - EU RP] Deciding on an unofficial RP server for launch.

EU RP SERVER   261 votes

1. 1. This poll is no longer valid, please check the post.

• This poll is no longer valid, please check the post.
  2. 2. This poll is no longer valid, please check the post.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

97 posts in this topic

Posted

The french RP community will do this: we will choose 2 cities (Calpheon and Heidel it seems) and make them 2 main RP hubs. Surroundings and other places won't be forgotten and will be of course open to RP events and players basecamps, but it will be a way to make RP between players easier, and help to build some RP narrative about this cities and their inhabitants... :)

The English-speaking RP community is also trying to organise some hubs! We're making plans over on blackdesertroleplayers.com 

You can't destroy houses Nhima, but you can live in them! Trade is limited, but you can always RP trade. Breaking into them etc. is... well, RP-able, but not a game mechanic again.

How about one city for each of the major communities (english/french/german)? I guess it doesn't mean much because we will still end up chilling in every part of the world (only RP-ers do that :D). Personally I will try to "take over" some distinctive spot where you can feel that characteristic, cool vibe (probably somewhere in the woods near the road) and "make it my own" so people will know that they can meet me and my friends there and they will feel a connection to this place. You may say that I want to become a part of everyone's journey, maybe even heart.

Posted (edited)

It doesn't matter much since there will be different channels, that are likely to be populated by the different language groups individually, but it would be good to create a list like.. oh look there already is one here!  ;) 

Sooo suddenly we have over 40 votes for Alustin in 35minutes? Peculiar...

Edited by Caelin

Posted

Well the German guilds have been asked to vote as well, so we might see an increase in votes. My guild for expample did not vote so far, as we were under the impression that the German vote (in the German forum) weill be the one that counts for us, but as this has changed, we vote here now. A lot of Germans like Alustin more (that includes my guild) so you will see some votes comming in.

Posted

It doesn't matter much since there will be different channels, that are likely to be populated by the different language groups individually, but it would be good to create a list like.. oh look there already is one here!  ;) 

Guess a german rp/pve guild is voting too now. It`s a bit "difficult" cause we have "2" communities .. one here and one at bd-rp.de  

Posted

Well the German guilds have been asked to vote as well, so we might see an increase in votes. My guild for expample did not vote so far, as we were under the impression that the German vote (in the German forum) weill be the one that counts for us, but as this has changed, we vote here now. A lot of Germans like Alustin more (that includes my guild) so you will see some votes comming in.

Guess a german rp/pve guild is voting too now. It`s a bit "difficult" cause we have "2" communities .. one here and one at bd-rp.de  

Right, that would explain that then. 

Posted (edited)

This is probably the most confusing thing since we found out that Trump has a serious chance to get elected.

If in the end Alustin wins the poll...

We would still have a few channels, right?

I guess most PVP Players would straight go to the first channel cause they would most likely find more opponents there... If we would use the last 2 Channels we would probably still be fine, right?:/

Edited by HerrToasty

Posted

Yes, a german PVE guild voting to go on what looks like it will be the hardcore PVP server makes a LOOOOOT of sense.

Posted

I had read on spanish bdo unnofficial forums that Alustin will be focused on PvP and Jordine on PvE. I don't sure if this is true but if so I'd preferer Jordine.

I continue waiting your answer to decide.

Posted (edited)

I'm very sorry but I am cancelling this poll.

I've reason to believe that non-roleplayers are attempting to influence this poll.
This has become a mess and we can't take these results seriously anymore.

A NEW POLL WILL TAKE PLACE OVER ON BLACKDESERTROLEPLAYERS.COM for the international roleplaying community.
This will guarantee all votes are made by roleplayers, especially those interested in roleplaying with the English speaking community.

This will be a yes or no poll for Jordine. I'm basing this on the previous beta vote, and on where roleplayers have primarily expressed interest in this thread. I'm sorry to any genuine roleplayers who still want to go to Alustin. If that's the case, take your vote to blackdesertroleplayers.com. It will still be listened to!

Thank you and I'm sorry to anyone this inconveniences.

WE WILL STILL ANNOUNCE HERE WHAT THE RESULTS ARE ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY.

Edited by Faine

Posted

Might I ask where this information comes from? I mean, that non Rp'ers are "manipulating" the poll.

Posted

Might I ask where this information comes from? I mean, that non Rp'ers are "manipulating" the poll.

I cannot give you 100% proof that this is the case, I'm sorry. I've had to make an unpleasant and no doubt unpopular decision based on limited information, but the concern is very real and I've been receiving complaints from many concerned BDORP members. Since this impacts a large number of people I want to cut this clean and fresh. 

All I can do is move the debate to a place that is guaranteed to be populated by roleplayers, which is arguably where I should have made it from the start. I made a mistake. Those who still wish to vote can do so there and we can be confident that there's no more confusion.

1 person likes this

Posted

I cannot give you 100% proof that this is the case, I'm sorry. I've had to make an unpleasant and no doubt unpopular decision based on limited information, but the concern is very real and I've been receiving complaints from many concerned BDORP members. Since this impacts a large number of people I want to cut this clean and fresh. 

All I can do is move the debate to a place that is guaranteed to be populated by roleplayers, which is arguably where I should have made it from the start. I made a mistake. Those who still wish to vote can do so there and we can be confident that there's no more confusion.

Honestly, that sounds like: Oh the poll is not going the way we want it to, let's do it again and ensure we get what we want. Not cool.

There are people throwing around the "fact" that non RPlers are voting all the time, my guild has been accused of being an PvE guild in this thread as well when the reality is: We are a LARP group, founded in 1996, playing MMOs since SWG 2003 as RP Guild all.the.time.

It really feels that there is no poll needed as some people have decided that RP should be on Jordine, no matter what other RPers want. If you check the German poll over here:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/18900-server/ you will see that ALustine is the favourite of the German RPers in the official forums (not soo much on the fansite however), so it should not surprise you that Alustin get votes.

But yeah, do it again, and maybe again after that until you get the result you wanted and then tell everyone that "it was a fair vote". Moving it away from this forum is NOT a fair vote. A lot of German roleplayers will not sign up to a new forum they will never use just for one poll. Taking it over there basically means REALLY falsify the vote.

Thanks, I guess?

5 people like this

Posted

iam Completly Lost by this Poll about ONE! rp server.. i dont have the overview.. and my head heart a lot because of this..

Posted

Honestly, that sounds like: Oh the poll is not going the way we want it to, let's do it again and ensure we get what we want. Not cool.
There are people throwing around the "fact" that non RPlers are voting all the time, my guild has been accused of being an PvE guild in this thread as well when the reality is: We are a LARP group, founded in 1996, playing MMOs since SWG 2003 as RP Guild all.the.time.

It really feels that there is no poll needed as some people have decided that RP should be on Jordine, no matter what other RPers want. If you check the German poll over here:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/18900-server/ you will see that ALustine is the favourite of the German RPers in the official forums (not soo much on the fansite however), so it should not surprise you that Alustin get votes.

But yeah, do it again, and maybe again after that until you get the result you wanted and then tell everyone that "it was a fair vote". Moving it away from this forum is NOT a fair vote. A lot of German roleplayers will not sign up to a new forum they will never use just for one poll. Taking it over there basically means REALLY falsify the vote.

Thanks, I guess?

Yes, I am very well aware that it looks like that's what's happening here.

However, this was a poll made first and foremost for the english-speaking international roleplay community many of whom are based on blackdesertroleplayers.com. It was not originally our intention to encourage German and French roleplayers who did not intend to roleplay in English to vote on this poll, only for those German and French roleplayers who wished to roleplay in English to do so. However, when the call was made for all votes to come here, we tried to adapt. There have been some miscommunications and misunderstandings on this and in hindsight I should've cancelled and moved the poll there and then.

Right now voices are becoming lost in whatever disagreement is going on between some German roleplayers, and in addition there are fears that non-roleplayers have noticed this poll and are trying to sway the vote. Concerned BDORP members would feel better with the poll being held on the BDORP forum, and so that is what I have done.

This is not an ideal situation at all and I'm genuinely sorry for the confusion. We wanted to be as inclusive as possible, but in doing so have created a mess.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well... nothing is 100%. ^^ That's alright.
I just hope, your sources are genuine. If a poll of that size and attendance should fall victim to a "Oh the poll is not going the way we want it to" - game (like MacMardigan said, if I might borrow his words) it would be really sad. And please, I'm not pointing a finger on anyone here, especially not you Faine. You already went through a lot of trouble to avoid a split community. But... well, I just think I have seen a bit to much of other RP-Communities to put this thought past my imagination.

A lot of German roleplayers will not sign up to a new forum they will never use just for one poll.

Agreed, MacMardigan.

Edited by Rilan
1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, I am very well aware that it looks like that's what's happening here.

However, this was a poll made first and foremost for the english-speaking international roleplay community many of whom are based on blackdesertroleplayers.com. It was not originally our intention to encourage German and French roleplayers who did not intend to roleplay in English to vote on this poll, only for those German and French roleplayers who wished to roleplay in English to do so. However, when the call was made for all votes to come here, we tried to adapt. There have been some miscommunications and misunderstandings on this and in hindsight I should've cancelled and moved the poll there and then.

Right now voices are becoming lost in whatever disagreement is going on between some German roleplayers, and in addition there are fears that non-roleplayers have noticed this poll and are trying to sway the vote. Concerned BDORP members would feel better with the poll being held on the BDORP forum, and so that is what I have done.

This is not an ideal situation at all and I'm genuinely sorry for the confusion. We wanted to be as inclusive as possible, but in doing so have created a mess.

I see where you are coming from, but by creating this poll in the first place, you basically split the German community into "we need to vote for us Germans" and "we need to vote for all of Europe". This is not a bad thing, but it turns into one if the EU poll turns into a poll where Germans can't vote (without hassle that is, I'm aware that everyone can sign up and vote) and now we are stuck with 2 groups in Germany :/

I don't blame you for our problems, but this poll here was a good way to solve them and now they are worse than before and that's just sad. The one thing that this forum has is: Everyone who plays BDO has an account and can vote. Thats great and bad at the same time because you can't guarantee only RPers vote, but let's just pretend for a moment some PvEers voted as well. So what? This poll is not about winning or losing a Server, it's about agreeing on one Server and why does it matter who helped this vote?
 There is no "better" server for RPers, both will be heavily crowded by PvPers as this is the nature of the game (in fact I know for sure that some of the bigger German, English and one Russian PvP guild will go to Jordine), so why not just run with it, take the one that wins and we are all set?

Posted

I see where you are coming from, but by creating this poll in the first place, you basically split the German community into "we need to vote for us Germans" and "we need to vote for all of Europe". This is not a bad thing, but it turns into one if the EU poll turns into a poll where Germans can't vote (without hassle that is, I'm aware that everyone can sign up and vote) and now we are stuck with 2 groups in Germany :/

I don't blame you for our problems, but this poll here was a good way to solve them and now they are worse than before and that's just sad. The one thing that this forum has is: Everyone who plays BDO has an account and can vote. Thats great and bad at the same time because you can't guarantee only RPers vote, but let's just pretend for a moment some PvEers voted as well. So what? This poll is not about winning or losing a Server, it's about agreeing on one Server and why does it matter who helped this vote?
 There is no "better" server for RPers, both will be heavily crowded by PvPers as this is the nature of the game (in fact I know for sure that some of the bigger German, English and one Russian PvP guild will go to Jordine), so why not just run with it, take the one that wins and we are all set?

I know. :( I'm very sorry for the extra confusion I have created in the German side of the roleplay community. I don't know exactly what's going on over there, my understanding of German is very limited, but it sounds as though you were divided already though, and I'm not sure this poll would've swayed anyone's mind if they were already set on where they were going.

The reason I have decided to not just run with the result here is because I feel the English-speaking voice is important but we have had no separate poll like the French and German communities have. The vote has become a mess where it's no longer clear who is voting or why, which is all the worse if there are non-roleplayers influencing it as well. The reason I don't want non-roleplayers votings is because this should be representative of roleplayers, not of those who want to sway it for whatever their own reasons are. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

As far as I can tell, the division started because one part of the community wanted to follow the EU rp community, while the other would prefer playing on Alustin because of the general German (and English) community that can be found there.But still it's mainly about the concern that on Jordine there will not be enough German speakers to feel comfortable.

So...if the poll here and its shift to Alustin would be accepted, the poll on bd-rp.de would also shift. it's only set on Jordine because the poll here was on Jordine while most of the people over there voted.

Though it doesn't change the fact that there is the usual problem between roleplayers, miscommunications and stubborness that seems to divide the German RP community. Well..

Edited by Lauryll
1 person likes this

Posted

As far as I can tell, the division started because one part of the community wanted to follow the EU rp community, while the other would prefer playing on Alustin because of the general German (and English) community that can be found there.But still it's mainly about the concern that on Jordine there will not be enough German speakers to feel comfortable.

So...if the poll here and its shift to Alustin would be accepted, the poll on bd-rp.de would also shift. it's only set on Jordine because the poll here was on Jordine while most of the people over there voted.

Though it doesn't change the fact that there is the usual problem between roleplayers, miscommunications and stubborness that seems to divide the German RP community. Well..

As far as I can tell, that sums it up pretty well. Nothing more to add.

Posted

In addition, the new poll reads "Lets go to Jordine YES/NO" (yeah it's phrased differently but that's basically what it is) added with some "that's what the Germans want as well" - and that's simply not true.

So the new poll is in a forum most people don't use and phrased in a way that can only be described as very biased.

Not cool :/

Posted (edited)

In addition, the new poll reads "Lets go to Jordine YES/NO" (yeah it's phrased differently but that's basically what it is) added with some "that's what the Germans want as well" - and that's simply not true.

So the new poll is in a forum most people don't use and phrased in a way that can only be described as very biased.

Not cool :/

If you are going to quote , then please do so accurately: 

I would just like to apologise again to everyone for the absolute mess I made of this. I will try to keep things clean and clear from here on out. While most people, English, German, French, Spanish and Italian alike, seem to be leaning towards Jordine right now, it's true that a large number of German speakers are leaning towards Alustin and I want to be clear about that. I have explained my decision on the official forums but I will also post it here: 

SO DO WE GO TO JORDINE?
Yes, go to Jordine.

30 votes
93.8%

No, go to Alustin.

6.3%

Nowhere does it say that "that's what the Germans want as well". I think Faine tried very hard to make this work but was met with some valid concerns over what happened in the poll and a decision had to be made. Be as cynical about it as you like but I can not fault her for trying to do what she believes is best for the community that she represents, which in this case is the EN speaking/RPing community (where ever they may come from). 

Edited by Caelin
3 people like this

Posted

I would just like to apologise again to everyone for the absolute mess I made of this. I will try to keep things clean and clear from here on out. While most people, English, German, French, Spanish and Italian alike, seem to be leaning towards Jordine right now, it's true that a large number of German speakers are leaning towards Alustin and I want to be clear about that. I have explained my decision on the official forums but I will also post it here: 

SO DO WE GO TO JORDINE?
Yes, go to Jordine.

30 votes
93.8%

No, go to Alustin.

2 votes
6.3%

Nowhere does it say that "that's what the Germans want as well". I think Faine tried very hard to make this work but was met with some valid concerns over what happened in the poll and a decision had to be made. Be as cynical about it as you like but I can not fault her for trying to do what she believes is best for the community that she represents, which in this case is the EN speaking/RPing community (where ever they may come from). 

Fair enough. Point taken. Not as biased as I made it.

By the way, I do not blame anyone for trying to do what he/she thinks is the best for the own community, in the end that's exactly what I try to do as well and that's good, that's exactly what everyone should do.

I still think moving the poll to different forums/restarting it until you get what you want (and sorry but that's what it looks like, might not be the case, who knows, but it comes across as exactly that) is not cool at all.

In the end we all want the same: a nice RP enviroment for all of us. It just turned into total chaos now.

Posted

SO DO WE GO TO JORDINE?
Yes, go to Jordine.

30 votes
93.8%

No, go to Alustin.

6.3%

I would like to add to this, that being an independently operated fan site, the admins over at BDRP can be as biased as they want in guiding their community one way or another, just as the admins on the french and german fan sites can do the same.

Posted

I don't think anyone is disputing that it has turned into a bit of a mess by this point and Faine has apologised for this, repeatedly. I am not sure what more you expect at this point. Someone to come out of the cupboard and shout out " YES IT IS A CONSPIRACY! YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG!" and then everyone bursts into dance and disco music plays? ;) (let me assure you it is not a conspiracy but a reaction to concerns that have been brought up by a number of people).

We live to learn and a lesson has been learned from all this. 

4 people like this

Posted

I don't think anyone is disputing that it has turned into a bit of a mess by this point and Faine has apologised for this, repeatedly. I am not sure what more you expect at this point. Someone to come out of the cupboard and shout out " YES IT IS A CONSPIRACY! YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG!" and then everyone bursts into dance and disco music plays? ;) (let me assure you it is not a conspiracy but a reaction to concerns that have been brought up by a number of people).

We live to learn and a lesson has been learned from all this. 

I'd like to say thanks to you and Faine for setting the polls up and working so hard for the RP community <3

3 people like this