• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[OOC - EU RP] Deciding on an unofficial RP server for launch.

EU RP SERVER   261 votes

1. 1. This poll is no longer valid, please check the post.

• This poll is no longer valid, please check the post.
  2. 2. This poll is no longer valid, please check the post.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

97 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd like to say thanks to you and Faine for setting the polls up and working so hard for the RP community <3

Praise Faine, she is doing all the work. :)

3 people like this

Posted

I still think moving the poll to different forums/restarting it until you get what you want (and sorry but that's what it looks like, might not be the case, who knows, but it comes across as exactly that) is not cool at all.

In the end we all want the same: a nice RP enviroment for all of us. It just turned into total chaos now.

I know you can only take my word for it, but this is genuinely not the intention and I am genuinely sorry for the trouble caused. Had this poll originally been meant for the entirety of the EU community and not just those speaking English, and could I be certain that votes were not being influenced by non-roleplayers, things would be different, but as it is right now I do not think the results on this thread are a fair indication of anything either. So I had to make an ugly decision on behalf of those concerned, myself included, and it's one I am not 100% happy with myself.

We would still like one multi-lingual roleplayer server for the sake of those who are multi-lingual. That was all this was ever about really, since those who only roleplay in one language will not interact with others anyway. However, I fully recognise the trouble that the German community - and other languages for that matter - have in trying to figure out where to go on account of not wanting to find themselves stranded on a server where their language is not widely spoken. 

There is no easy solution I can offer to this. I wish that I could. Had Daum just given us a clear RP tag for one place, all of this would have been far simpler but unfortunately it seems that's not to be. RP channels may still be a thing for all I know, but it would seem we won't get a whole server marked for it.

3 people like this

Posted

I know you can only take my word for it, but this is genuinely not the intention and I am genuinely sorry for the trouble caused. Had this poll originally been meant for the entirety of the EU community and not just those speaking English, and could I be certain that votes were not being influenced by non-roleplayers, things would be different, but as it is right now I do not think the results on this thread are a fair indication of anything either. So I had to make an ugly decision on behalf of those concerned, myself included, and it's one I am not 100% happy with myself.

We would still like one multi-lingual roleplayer server for the sake of those who are multi-lingual. That was all this was ever about really, since those who only roleplay in one language will not interact with others anyway. However, I fully recognise the trouble that the German community - and other languages for that matter - have in trying to figure out where to go on account of not wanting to find themselves stranded on a server where their language is not widely spoken. 

There is no easy solution I can offer to this. I wish that I could. Had Daum just given us a clear RP tag for one place, all of this would have been far simpler but unfortunately it seems that's not to be. RP channels may still be a thing for all I know, but it would seem we won't get a whole server marked for it.

Please stop apologising. People just like whining, and you've done your best for this community where Daum has failed us. So thank you.

4 people like this

Posted

You are doing a great  job Faine, for all of us, sometimes you have to make hard decisions and you lived up to your role. My hat's off to you , and now i'll go vote :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Please stop apologising. People just like whining, and you've done your best for this community where Daum has failed us. So thank you.

He is right, you don't have to apologize. As said before: I see where you are coming from and I don't want to come across as rude (I really hope I don't, if I do, sorry. Not native, maybe my English sounds rude because I lack better words), I can't however hide the fact that I'm disappointed by the chaos that started.

The chaos however is on us Germans, not on you :) and we all know that, no worries.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

He is right, you don't have to apologize. As said before: I see where you are coming from and I don't want to come across as rude (I really hope I don't, if I do, sorry. Not native, maybe my English sounds rude because I lack better words), I can't however hide the fact that I'm disappointed by the chaos that started.

The chaos however is on us Germans, not on you :) and we all know that, no worries.

I understand MacMardigan (and your English is very good by the way). :) I share in your disappointment, which is the only reason I'm at all upset. It's a frustrating situation which I wish there was an easy solution for. 

Thank you to everyone for being so understanding, by the way. I know this all looks very bad so I appreciate that people are willing to give me the benefit of the doubt here. Whatever happens, I hope everyone is able to find a roleplay community they're happy in.

Edited by Faine
4 people like this

Posted

Honestly, a lot of this is on Daum, which I think deserves to be mentioned. All of this could have been avoided by them typing a couple of letters more to a servername in the form of a (RP) or -RP tag, costing them nothing but a couple of keyboard strokes. Like most triple A mmo's do. :)

3 people like this

Posted

Yes, I think there is a lot of disappointment on every side.

History is just repeating itself, if you can say so. It was the same before the ArcheAge launch. As a German-speaking Rper you had to decide whether you go with the German community (pve/pvp) or with the the EU-RP-Com and a few German-speaking-Rpers. (Might have been the same for other players (French, Italian...) too, but I wasn't involved there so I can't really tell). Not an easy decision for many. ^^°  And now the same again.. most likely. Not whining, just an attempt to explain some of the frustration, that's going on right now.

And everyone who tried to hold the lot together, like Faine, is disappointed too, because it never ever seems to work and for some your're the scapegoat, no matter how hard your tried.

But I think there's also a lot of understanding on every side. And that's something, isn't it? :)

Honestly, a lot of this is on Daum, which I think deserves to be mentioned. All of this could have been avoided by them typing a couple of letters more to a servername in the form of a (RP) or -RP tag, costing them nothing but a couple of keyboard strokes. Like most triple A mmo's do. :)

Aaaand jop. True.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's true. Now I'm cynically waiting for Daum to decide that the opposite server to the one everyone chooses is the official RP one after all. Or for them to only give us an RP channel in the wrong server. Although if we're divided, one server will always be the wrong server for someone.

Daum, please don't do this.

@CM_Jouska, please be aware of the situation on the off chance it makes any difference.

Edited by Faine
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm a "she" ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

After speaking to Faine and learning about some of the challenges being faced by the EU community in terms of deciding on an 'unofficial' RP server, we've done what we can to ensure that the polls hosted on http://www.blackdesertroleplayers.com are protected from manipulation, or at least are most representative of roleplayer voices. Enjin, the provider that hosts our site and provides the framework, has no permission settings that can be set to prevent non-members from voting on polls. Instead, until the polls are closed, we've made the NA and EU General forums viewable and interactable only to members. Joining is as easy as clicking a button. We're hoping that this will ensure that those who vote on the polls, no matter their nationality, will be people who want to roleplay and care about the roleplaying community.

Though we're primarily an english speaking site, we do have lots of bilingual members and have been working to offer resources in other languages as well.

Lore in German
Lore in Spanish

Thanks!

6 people like this

Posted

Thank you Vertigale :)

1 person likes this

Posted

UPDATE

XaMcQBy.png

The EN-EU community will be trying to make Jordine our roleplaying home and we invite anyone who wishes to roleplay with us to join us.

Sorry again for all of the confusion.

Channels have not been decided yet, but I will update this post when we know more.

5 people like this

Posted

I'd make the guess the that the channel used will most likely be Serendia or Calpheon

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh, great :D I asked my Conquerer friends which server shall we go to and they chose Jordine. Then I realized no one checked which server is unofficialy RP and which one is unofficially PvP. xD

Posted

I wish good luck to all RP players on the server that choose :)
But remember there will always be "bad person" that will create a char just to attack the less competitive players.

Posted

But remember there will always be "bad person" that will create a char just to attack the less competitive players.

I feel bad for that 'Bad person' then. for BDO, kinda forces us to learn pvp along the way, as well as the dedication in our individual characters will help up learn the many combination and movements of other classes. For not to talk about our Great, and supportive community, who would look past each others differences, to fight a common enemy :D

Posted

There will be PvP and hardcore PvP guilds on both servers and it's way too late to change our server now anyway. We'll just have to arrange ourselves with those guilds, instead of the ones that we'd be pitted against on Alustin.

Posted

My goal in this game is be become powerfull and protect the "good" people from the "bad" :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I wish that they had announced all the servers earlier. I voted for Jordine/Serendia though.

Posted

This sucks... Q_Q
I am stuck on Croxus 
Got already an few charracters on there

then i was like hay might be fun to rp lets look if there is some rp information on this

Now i found out everybody is on Jordine Q_Q 

and there is no server switch...

Shit i really dont wanna relevel again :(