• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Server Structure at Release

665 posts in this topic

Posted

So you, me and 498 others can play in seclusion from the main player base.

come join  the oce guild. We can be secluded together ;-)

Posted

uuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm Most of us have played Korea.Your logic and point are both FUBAR. This "test" is irrelevant and bad idea.

These servers are quite different from Kr. Kr originally proved servers aren't the proper way to go due to dying off fan base and server population dwindling. You can't show any logic behind your argument for against it.... 

Posted

I find the actual number of channels to be liquid, i.e. they can be increased/decreased with little fanfare.

Actual number of servers is a more difficult nut to crack in my opinion.

But I suppose I could be wrong on this. =)

Jorm

So when one of these 3 servers of yours will depopulate, people will stuck with 5 other people and wait for mercifully merge from devs?

Nah less servers = better

Posted

Kr originally proved servers aren't the proper way to go due to dying off fan base and server population dwindling.

10/10. So much win.

2 people like this

Posted

Don't listen to the trolls. I like the way the servers work. Let's at very least test it before judging it... 

we did test it was cbt2 did u miss it there was a massive lack of pvp and the server lag lead to unresponsive pvp ?__? or did you not make it past lvl 45

Posted

I see a lot of people asking/commenting about servers being PvP and PvE. I'm not sure they understand how this game works. EVERY server is PvP and that's kind of the End Game for this game.

I just really hope we get names soon I have friends, previous guild members scattered all over the place that plan to play this game and I want to try to not only coordinate with us all to get on the same server, but to also get on a decent server with some of the big guilds.

My goal is heavy end game GvG PvP :)    ....that is if I can ever decide between Warrior or Berserker lol.

Posted

9 channels for release seems sensible to me. So much grinding competiton on launch.. As the demand lowers in the coming weeks, close them off. Make them dynamic and in 6 months have 3/4 open channels.

If they only did 2 servers with 4, you'd all be sat here moaning about mob respawn problems.

This

3 people like this

Posted

This server setup seems fine enough for me,now hopefully they will keep the server names like they were in CBT2 ,there aren't too many servers and there isn't only one ,stacking everyone in a single server could cause ping issues for either NA or EU no ?
So yeah,glad they made it like this 2 servers for EU ,2 for NA.

As for the ammount of channels I can't tell because I don't know how many of the players that pre-ordered the first pack actually were in CBT2 ,no idea where do people get this info to speculate on how things will go

Posted

10/10. So much win.

Lol another post showing no logic. Your parents must be proud 

This

Agreed. Most people posting are thinking along the lines of a month down the road when everyone is geared aan seige are going to be underway. 

What people don't get is everything current is subject to change. 

1 person likes this

Posted

So when one of these 3 servers of yours will depopulate, people will stuck with 5 other people and wait for mercifully merge from devs?

Nah less servers = better

I would hope that the game would be successful enough to at least sustain 1x1 and not be a ghost town.

But I will agree that by that point it would make more sense to just go 1x3 and save money on the hardware fees.

But I do concede to your point that as long as the hardware can handle it that less is better.

Wish that games haven't gotten to the point where we have become so jaded (myself included) that we expect such a massive drop in player population after the initial release window. =/

Jorm

Posted

Lol another post showing no logic. Your parents must be proud 

You should learn to structure a structure a sentence first. Then you might have a chance of setting up a coherent argument. Then someone might take your insults seriously instead of as more jokes to share with their friends. Tell me more how KR figured out servers were bad for the game.

Posted

we did test it was cbt2 did u miss it there was a massive lack of pvp and the server lag lead to unresponsive pvp ?__? or did you not make it past lvl 45

Didn't realize cbt was about hitting end game asap sorry I was busy testing and setting up for launch to make that go smoothly so the pvp can happen when it matters 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Bad idea , Austin was full , but Jordine had few users , compared to the first server ... Have you not noticed? In the EUROPE I think we prefer a mega server.

Jordine server was dead.
Edited by nourld
1 person likes this

Posted

Cool good call.

Might want to release server names beforehand so people can plan accordingly.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Didn't realize cbt was about hitting end game asap sorry I was busy testing and setting up for launch to make that go smoothly so the pvp can happen when it matters 

You should also let the people you're debating against discredit you instead of doing them a favor and doing it to yourself.

Edited by Ease
1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry if the game was about testing maybe you shouldve gotten your ----- ass out of Veila and actually tried content that wasnt -----ing fishing.

1 person likes this

Posted

You should learn to structure a structure a sentence first. Then you might have a chance of setting up a coherent argument. Then someone might take your insults seriously instead of as more jokes to share with their friends. Tell me more how KR figured out servers were bad for the game.

Let's consider how they went from having servers when they first started to they dying off in population to them needing a fix. Xfers? Merges? They tried mega server. We on NA are trying something differently than them currently. QQ about it more. Noone said they are here to stay. If they don't work out they will fix them lmao

You seem to want to find a reason for this to fail no matter what. 

1 person likes this

Posted

it took under 20 hour how did u know they fixed the xp rates if u played Korea you would know how to lvl and set up your build yet u still failed to reach the pvp lvls and now try to give your input on how the server structure will effect the community plz help ?

Posted

Many people keep asking us about the server structure at release and by now we are comfortable enough, that our planned structure will go live as described below, to share it with you.

Initial setup will be similar to CBT2.

We will have two Servers for each region. (2xEU, 2xNA)

Each server will have 9 channels.

Server names are not finalized and will be announced soon.

Did Auction House will be cross-serwer or separated to own serwers.

Posted

Thinking lvl 50 = end game, this statement immediately invalidates anything you say from here on.

3 people like this

Posted

Thinking lvl 50 = end game, this statement immediately invalidates anything you say from here on.

I thought PvP was the end game of BDO?

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry if the game was about testing maybe you shouldve gotten your ----- ass out of Veila and actually tried content that wasnt -----ing fishing.

Who said I was fishing? I got 3 characters to 40 to test out the NA changes to xp lol. Then I tested changes to Yuria crafting and then I introduced 5 friends to the game and got more people to play with. Such fish much troll :^) 

3 people like this

Posted

I'm pretty sure majority of the "Channels" will be overflow and not static.  It's a lot easier to increase/decrease channel availability as needed than additional servers. I for one would much rather have less servers and more channels because as we all know MMORPGs evolve over time and server capacity will always ebb and flow. Channels just keep things more fluid and feeling populated as opposed to several semi-empty servers you can't do anything about without uprooting/displacing communities.

Personally I'm a fan of one huge mega server because I hate when I get friends scattered among other servers. This is an adequate compromise for me.  Now I just need names so I can start coordinating with friend/guilds :)

1 person likes this

Posted

9 channels seems really exsessive but at least we got enough time before launch to change it.. oh wait ¬¬

Posted

Who said 50 is endgame. I clearly said cbt isn't about hitting endgame. I never said it isn't about hitting soft cap.