• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Server Structure at Release

665 posts in this topic

Posted

Bad idea , Austin was full , but Jordine had few users , compared to the first server ... Have you not noticed? In the EUROPE I think we prefer a mega server.

Jordine server was dead.

No we dont...

Posted

Whats endgame?

1 person likes this

Posted

Oops, you're right, my bad. Still not enough though. If just 20% of the people that bought the game decide to play at their earliest time of access, we'll easily see 1,000+ players in the starting zone. Let's assume that the most popular pack has 50% of the total sales. 100,000*0.5=50,000 players on that server with that pack. Then assume  that just 20% of them log in at that launch time. 50,000*0.2=10,000. With 9 channels, that's over 1,000 players per channel, all stuck trying to kill the same stuff on day 1. Not really sustainable on day one. It'll be impossible to finish quests and people will crash.

You assume, its evenly split between NA and EU... While EU had 1.5 times bigger playerbase iirc (if not more)...

Posted

Who said I was fishing? I got 3 characters to 40 to test out the NA changes to xp lol. Then I tested changes to Yuria crafting and then I introduced 5 friends to the game and got more people to play with. Such fish much troll :^) 

Show us your 3 40s. 

Posted

It's the way the game is set up. If you take part in Node Wars, you can't take part in Siege Wars, and vice versa.

There are over 25 Nodes and 4 Castle/Territories. To make PvP work you would need at least 2 PvP guilds for each Node and 3-5 TOP PvP Guilds for Each Castle/ Territory.

So we need at least 50 PvP guild for Nodes. 12-20TOP PvP Guilds for Castle/Sieges.

During CBT2 EU We only had 43 Guilds created on One server and 29 on the other. The numbers are small, even if you count all the other guilds listed on this forums.

RU server has over 400 guilds, listed, but only around 12 take part in Castle/Territory Sieges - So the mass PvP fights usually happen on 2 ,sometimes 3, places out of 4.

As you can see, if you split our PvP community it will ruin End game PvP on both servers.

The PVP will most likely happens on the nodes/castles the guild will find most profitable to gain hold on. How many nodes can we assume are essential or top priority in the game?

9 channels sound a bit much.. Its just a split for mega server. I expect some channels will be closed fast if you dont do the same overflow in beta.

Posted

I really don't like the scattering of people. Having two servers does take off some load into one mega sever though. All the top-tier guilds will agree to join one server like in CBT2 and the other tiers guild with the exception of a few top tier ones in the other server. There's always going to be a bias towards one server anyway. Better than having 3 or more servers though.

Posted

9 channels seems really exsessive but at least we got enough time before launch to change it.. oh wait ¬¬

I wager the 9 channels is to compensate for the overwhelming surge of new players in the starter zones (which happens in every MMORPG at launch) they can easily dial it back later and change it where its not 9 static but instead maybe 5 static, 4 overflow (as in will only be available if the others fill up).

Posted

it took under 20 hour how did u know they fixed the xp rates if u played Korea you would know how to lvl and set up your build yet u still failed to reach the pvp lvls and now try to give your input on how the server structure will effect the community plz help ?

I just said I liked the server structure and am interested in seeing it at launch. I never said it wasnt flawed. I just wanna see how it pans out before judging it lol. Plz be more offended.... 

Posted

Who said I was fishing? I got 3 characters to 40 to test out the NA changes to xp lol. Then I tested changes to Yuria crafting and then I introduced 5 friends to the game and got more people to play with. Such fish much troll :^) 

so u dident test out open world pvp because u dident level any other those four characters to 45 yet u comment on server structure thinking any point you make via ur time in cbt2 which is an identical set up to what they wish for launch is valid plz keep your under leveled opinions to your self unless you have grounds to stand on that are worth a dam. 

2 people like this

Posted

Show us your 3 40s. 

Is there a way to log into cbt? =/pretty sure it's closed mate

I had a witch a valk and a ranger. Believe me or don't, makes no difference to me. 

Posted

so u dident test out open world pvp because u dident level any other those four characters to 45 yet u comment on server structure thinking any point you make via ur time in cbt2 which is an identical set up to what they wish for launch is valid plz keep your under leveled opinions to your self unless you have grounds to stand on that are worth a dam. 

My wild guess,but considering it was a test phase and data was getting wiped,not to mention the short ammount of time people had to play and try stuff out, only hardcore players managed to level characters over 45 or so ,somehow doubt it's the majority of the community tho'

1 person likes this

Posted

I had a witch a valk and a ranger. Believe me or don't, makes no difference to me. 

i quote jesus "screen shot or it dident happen"

Posted (edited)

You do know that getting to 40-50 is easier than getting from 30-40? Stop your bullshit. It's SUPER EASY to hit 45 and to pvp even a little.

Edited by Religious
1 person likes this

Posted

Now see some of us actually have proof that we play the game and give a shit about it so please be quiet

Posted

Why not just have one Megaserver like in every other Region. FFS.

Posted (edited)

You need serious mental help, you think lvl 40 gave you a good indication of literally ANYTHING in CBT?? Please seek help and if that shit don't work, you need Jesus. 

Edited by TheEntelexia

Posted

Oh did the small amount of pvp you did over the portion of a few days enlighten to you how the entirety of the game structure works with how the server system will be implemented? Jesus Daum should hire you instead of there entire staff... 

3 people like this

Posted

Oh did the small amount of pvp you did over the portion of a few days enlighten to you how the entirety of the game structure works with how the server system will be implemented? Jesus Daum should hire you instead of there entire staff... 

I mean it certainly couldnt be experience in korea that lets us have a valid opinion on how the game works or anything. Thatd be ridiculous.

Posted

Just.. Please... For your own sake stop... This is embarrassing.

Posted

Hmm That sounds like a good idea Blitzkrieg should get a dev spot so we can make BDO great again!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

My favourite part about this is I got atleast 5 people mad about the fact that I didn't lvl to 50 on cbt because I said Im interested to see how these servers played out hahaha. 

3 people like this

Posted

you mean the GvG and the other 80 ppl the in guild in areas as well as organised pvp events as well as major pvp in cbt1 to compare it to and Korea. small pvp btw is 100% more than you have achieved so your point is still invalid as is your existence :^). 

Posted

Hmm That sounds like a good idea Blitzkrieg should get a dev spot so we can make BDO great again!!!

He may have to learn what a "."  is first. Will Daum pay for that? 

Posted

Bad idea , Austin was full , but Jordine had few users , compared to the first server ... Have you not noticed? In the EUROPE I think we prefer a mega server.

Jordine server was dead.

What's going on with EU's fanbase? Curious to know

Posted

He may have to learn what a "."  is first. Will Daum pay for that? 

nah its something that might happen to you once ur reach puberty plz ask your mummmy first before me. 

1 person likes this