• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

daum Veteran Player || Multi-Mega Server || Alpha post || CBT2 Feedback

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Advertise as a GvG/Siege game:

I've touched on this before, but this game needed to be advertised as a GvG siege game. That's what this games main focus is. All content is focused around getting you geared and ready for pvp so your guild can participate in end game. People can of course choose to do other things, but advertising your game based on the sub functions of a game instead of the main focus is a terrible idea. It's like advertising Dayz as a Zombie apocalypse role-players dream. It technically has functions similar to that and you could technically play the game like that, but that is not the main focus. There are hardly any Zombies and the main focus is surviving the other players. Anyone that got Dayz advertised to them as the former would be pissed and the players that wanted to play it as it actually functioned wouldn't even know.

THIS! So much this! Please stop marketing the game as anything but what it actually is. I don't care how you want to play it, but don't sell it as a PvE game when there is no instanced group content. A cave with hard mobs is not a dungeon.

@CM_Jouska

@PM_Belsazar

@CM_Praballo

@GM Tokaji

@GM Nevermore

@GM_Gemu

@GM Rhotaaz

Edited by Ease
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska  @CM_Praballo This needs more attention CC changes are just awful shouldnt be added until awakenings. Cash shop pricing needs to be reworked and some things like ghillie suit should be added to mileage shop to relieve complaints of p2w

Edited by Valkyrja
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

No one is truly happy.

the servers only adds to the problem

"Cash Shop items will not be possible to sell on the marketplace at launch phase"

> AT LAUNCH

Did you know KR also had the same thing at launch? However now it's very pay to win

MdM8ksl.png

A worse Energy System copy and pasted from RU in a B2P game

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vcHV1LnNoL21YejZiLzU0

Oh also the problem with the Karma system... we will have to deal with it AT LAUNCH TOO :D! Since it's only a "concept"

So in short so far we get a patchwork of RU/KR with some aspect of p2w turned off that can also be later turned on easily when they want to milk it. With no answers to existing problems on a B2P version. The future seems grim.

Edited by Religious
6 people like this

Posted

+1

1 person likes this

Posted

I totally agree with all comments and suggestions made above and I also add, and yes sorry for bringing this up again, cash shop prices were simply too high for certain items even though the majority of these were the ones most highly requested. Adjustments to the prices of pets and costumes would be immensely appreciated. 

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska  @CM_Praballo This needs more attention CC changes are just awful shouldnt be added until awakenings. Cash shop pricing needs to be reworked and some things like ghillie suit should be added to mileage shop to relieve complaints of p2w

The CC changes were confirmed as a bug if I remember correctly. 

Posted

Good read and I hope it would help but somehow i doubt it. 

2 people like this

Posted

As much as you want this:

• Have multiple servers with 4 channels (not 2 servers per region)

It will not happen sadly.

It is like 99% sure that the CBT2 server setup will be thesame as Launch, with thesame or different server / channel names.
There is no way they can simply "switch" the current setup to your desired setup in the timeframe between now and launch.

But for the rest.
Goodluck ;) 

Posted (edited)

THIS! So much this! Please stop marketing the game as anything but what it actually is. I don't care how you want to play it, but don't sell it as a PvE game when there is no instanced group content. A cave with hard mobs is not a dungeon.

@CM_Jouska

@PM_Belsazar

@CM_Praballo

@GM Tokaji

@GM Nevermore

@GM_Gemu

@GM Rhotaaz

please listen to xlore this is very important the knockdown nerf and the cc nerf make my class a joke i cant perform as well as other classes full stop u have nerfed an already under powered class to the ground aka warrior the 4 classes that remain viable too sorc , witch,wiz , valk and ranger. please remove cc and knockdown nerfs till we are at an established period of the game aka awakenings.

Edited by Blitzkrieg

Posted

The CC changes were confirmed as a bug if I remember correctly. 

corrected that as a possible bug.

Posted

Damn this likes per day restriction.

Posted

@CM_Jouska

@PM_Belsazar

@CM_Praballo

@GM Tokaji

@GM Nevermore

@GM_Gemu

@GM Rhotaaz

Spot on! +1

Posted

All of this is well said, +1 all around

Posted

Guys, no good MMO was build in a day lets see how this game in a year afther launch they still have time to fix things.

Posted

Guys, no good MMO was build in a day lets see how this game in a year afther launch they still have time to fix things.

Its been out since December 2014 in Korea, there's already been a game in 3 other regions. This isn't a brand new game, not even close.

1 person likes this

Posted

Have multiple servers with 4 channels (not 2 servers per region):

I already went into detail about this, but compromising was the worst thing to do, multiple servers with 4 channels for 6-9 months would've been perfect and then merge into a mega-server.

Now no one is happy and there will probably be a merge later.

im either not understanding what you mean or you worded some of this wrong maybe?

what would be the difference in having multiple(3+) servers that later merge into a mega server and have 2 servers that(according to you) will eventually merge into a mega server(never guaranteed)..? 

i have to disagree with this part of your post as i find this setup to be the best of both worlds

you are way less likely to have to later merge the servers with there only being 2 per region and you have several channels(4 up to 9?) like a mega server would to help spread out over crowding 

idk this is just my opinion and had no problems from cbt2 with this server setup

Posted (edited)

I'd be okay if they just added a Pallet of Merv like on KR for dyes. For those of you that dont know, its an item that when you equip you have a buff for 30 days basically like a premium pack and you can use / ANY and ALL DYE/ for as much as you want an infinite amount of times before the 30 days run out, you had to buy it in the cash shop though, i wouldn't mind paying for that and i dont really think anyone else would if they REALLY want to make money. I agree with the servers stuff tho, i think 3 servers with 4 channels should be fine... if ANYTHING make it 4 channels but make it dynamic so like if it starts flooding then they could open 5th channel etc, but until then lock those. Not sure how i feel about bounty system, if they just reduced how much karma you gain or if they fixed how much karma you gain ( like going from negative to positive) id be okay with that too idk. Energy system def needs to be fixed, i know alot of people dont touch professions but man basically making it that i can only use my alt's energy like once per week at the rate it regens, terrible. 

Edited by Sinistartko

Posted

Revamp Karma system and add in a bounty hunter system:

This is already slightly being done but a lot of it hasn't been implemented. Depending on how fast this is added it may save the game for a bit longer.

This is what interests me the most. +1 for you.

Posted

Have multiple servers with 4 channels (not 2 servers per region):

I already went into detail about this, but compromising was the worst thing to do, multiple servers with 4 channels for 6-9 months would've been perfect and then merge into a mega-server.

Now no one is happy and there will probably be a merge later.

im either not understanding what you mean or you worded some of this wrong maybe?

what would be the difference in having multiple(3+) servers that later merge into a mega server and have 2 servers that(according to you) will eventually merge into a mega server(never guaranteed)..? 

i have to disagree with this part of your post as i find this setup to be the best of both worlds

you are way less likely to have to later merge the servers with there only being 2 per region and you have several channels(4 up to 9?) like a mega server would to help spread out over crowding 

idk this is just my opinion and had no problems from cbt2 with this server setup

Server lag during sieges, also the less servers there are there are only 3 regions and a finite amount of nodes for guilds to own.

There are hundreds of thousands of people that want to play this game and very few will get to own territory.

Just look at the guild forums and see all the ones that want to siege, and all the ones that aren't even made yet. Only a few of them will be able to compete and win and the ones that win will get a huge advantage.

Posted

Server lag during sieges, also the less servers there are there are only 3 regions and a finite amount of nodes for guilds to own.

There are hundreds of thousands of people that want to play this game and very few will get to own territory.

Just look at the guild forums and see all the ones that want to siege, and all the ones that aren't even made yet. Only a few of them will be able to compete and win and the ones that win will get a huge advantage.

but wouldnt this be contradictory of what you stated? you said to have several servers for 4-6 months then merge into a mega server..

Posted (edited)

but wouldnt this be contradictory of what you stated? you said to have several servers for 4-6 months then merge into a mega server..

What is it like on every mmo launch? There is a huge rush of people and then after about a year the hype dies down and servers start to get smaller and less people play.

Making it a mega server then is fine because competition has evened out and there aren't tons of people playing.

If you make a mega server first and only have siege on 3 channels. Everyone is going to want to siege and theres going to be even more people wanting to go check out the first siege, making that channel crazy overcrowded.

Having more servers in the beginning spreads that population out and later on it won't be as bad.

Edited by Xlore

Posted

+1

Posted

"Alpha Warning" What?

Anyways, I agree with your non-consuming energy for processing, I was kinda annoyed at that. Everything else doesn't concern me.

Posted

i can see your point now that its better clarified..

although i still think the server setup as is will be ok

i havent played any of the sieges as of yet

do we know how many channels will have sieges when it launches?

if its say 4 for each server then 8 channels with siege and say 10 guilds participate in each thats 80 guilds..

the fact that some are going to win and gain the advantage isnt going to change regardless of how many servers or channels there are

the only thing more servers will change is theoretically the amount of guilds that will gain a "huge" advantage.. and realistically how long will this last if the servers are just going to die out anyways within a few months and merge..