• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Karma System in EU/NA

60 posts in this topic

Posted

The PVP system will be like the Russian BDO? A stupid system!
If you have negative karma supposedly have to defend yourself from players who attack you, isn't it? So what sense does it makes if a player attacks you and you have to defend yourself, so you have to kill him and kill that player won more negative Karma ?!

This is ridiculous!!!

3 people like this

Posted

If you have negative karma supposedly have to defend yourself from players who attack you, isn't it? So what sense does it makes if a player attacks you and you have to defend yourself, so you have to kill him and kill that player won more negative Karma ?!

This is ridiculous!!!

Didn't you get that negative karma because you forced someone else to defend against you?

5 people like this

Posted

Didn't you get that negative karma because you forced someone else to defend against you?

If you have negative karma the others players can see it. They can attack you without enable PVP system. So if you want to kill/defend yourself you get more negative karma, because you have to enable a PVP to attack him. 

Always played PVP games and this is the most stupid system I've ever seen

Posted

I think most people who're complaining on the forums didn't even level past 20 on either cbt. Play the game before you complain and say "this is stupid" to support your argument. 

Posted

If you have negative karma the others players can see it. They can attack you without enable PVP system. So if you want to kill/defend yourself you get more negative karma, because you have to enable a PVP to attack him. 

Yes but to get negative karma you have to kill people first.... you amass a lot of karma by the time you reach 50  you wont get in negative karma for a time

1 person likes this

Posted

How did you get negative karma in the first place? As far as I know, the only way to get negative karma is by attacking players who do not have PvP turned on. Stick to attacking players who have PvP on and you'll get no negative karma.

But of course you want to grief other players, you just don't want to pay for it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Chill and wait for Valencia ~

No, seriously, it's part of the game to manage your karma bar. If you can't do it, you're the main problem.

Plus there's no reward to be tagged as a bandit you even said why. Valencia will bring rewards to be one but till this update, just manage your karma correctly.

Edited by Kitsunai
1 person likes this

Posted

this is right thing to prevent stupid ppl that kill ppl for no reason without penality...btw if you have good reason to kill someone you dont care about that...this system it's similar to lineage...and trust me it's a better karma system you can have in an mmorpg. Is there any sense activate pk mode to kill someone and disable it like coward, and finaly daum understood this thing

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This is ridiculous!!!

You should read it again me thinks you seem to have mixed something up there m8

You only get negative Karma by Attacking unflagged players aka PK

The Defender

Should you find yourself on the receiving end of an attack, life is pretty straight forward, defend yourself or die trying to. You will not have to flag (ctrl+c) to fight back or be penalized for successfully defeating your attacker.

Players may also assist in killing a person who has flagged red and not be hit with any penalties either.

Edited by Darkling

Posted

I'm not claiming to earn negative Karma by killing other players. I am complaining when you have negative karma is impossible to increase the karma without one sucker will attack you and you have to kill him, because if not you kill him he kills you and you lower your gear

If you have a negative karma and a player attack you first you should be able to attack him without penalty

Posted

I just wonder; I had over 10K karma in CBT2. Could I get away with killing a few without coming into the negative?

Posted

You should read it again me thinks your mixed something up there m8

You only get negative Karma by Attacking unflagged players aka PK

The Defender

Should you find yourself on the receiving end of an attack, life is pretty straight forward, defend yourself or die trying to. You will not have to flag (ctrl+c) to fight back or be penalized for successfully defeating your attacker.

Players may also assist in killing a person who has flagged red and not be hit with any penalties either.

Sorry my friend but in BDO RU if you don't enable a PVP(ALT+C) you can not attack him... This is why i say is ridiculous system.

Posted

I'm not claiming to earn negative Karma by killing other players. I am complaining when you have negative karma is impossible to increase the karma without one sucker will attack you and you have to kill him, because if not you kill him he kills you and you lower your gear

If you have a negative karma and a player attack you first you should be able to attack him without penalty

with the CBT2 changes to the Karmasystem you must have done a whole lot of PK to be negative and guess what Negative Karma comes with Consequences 

Posted

Yes but to get negative karma you have to kill people first.... you amass a lot of karma by the time you reach 50  you wont get in negative karma for a time

How did you get negative karma in the first place? As far as I know, the only way to get negative karma is by attacking players who do not have PvP turned on. Stick to attacking players who have PvP on and you'll get no negative karma.

But of course you want to grief other players, you just don't want to pay for it.

with the CBT2 changes to the Karmasystem you must have done a whole lot of PK to be negative and guess what Negative Karma comes with Consequences 

True, unless there was a system that allows people to attack you without flagging after you first killed someone, even if you're still positive karma, so they can attack you endlessly for free and if you defend yourself and kill them get even more negative karma.

Oh wait, this is exactly how our system works.

this is right thing to prevent stupid ppl that kill ppl for no reason without penality...btw if you have good reason to kill someone you dont care about that...this system it's similar to lineage...and trust me it's a better karma system you can have in an mmorpg. Is there any sense activate pk mode to kill someone and disable it like coward, and finaly daum understood this thing

This crap we have does not have anything to do with L2 flagging... L2 flagging is actually what all the PvPers have been asking since alpha.

Posted

This crap we have does not have anything to do with L2 flagging... L2 flagging is actually what all the PvPers have been asking since alpha.

in fact i sayd it's similar not equal

Posted

the karma penalty definitely needs to be changed for NA/EU

Posted

I think the consequence of what OP talked about is fine. If you have negative karma, then you shouldn't be able to just do whatever you want.  Imagine the scenario where you someone with negative karma comes into your hunting area and starts to kill your mobs.  He doesn't try to kill you, but he griefs you in another ways.  You should have the full right to kill them without consequence in this situation IMO.

Also, does anyone know the ways a player can gain positive karma?

Posted

By killing monsters

Posted

Talk to an NPC, discus knowledge with them and wave to them when you see them once a day.

Posted

Talk to an NPC, discus knowledge with them and wave to them when you see them once a day.

Don't forget to only buy your potions from Lara, Think of the children!

Posted

I think the consequence of what OP talked about is fine. If you have negative karma, then you shouldn't be able to just do whatever you want.  Imagine the scenario where you someone with negative karma comes into your hunting area and starts to kill your mobs.  He doesn't try to kill you, but he griefs you in another ways.  You should have the full right to kill them without consequence in this situation IMO.

How can you possibly have an opinion on the consequences of karma  and not know how to gain it? .....

Posted

Don't forget to only buy your potions from Lara, Think of the children!

Is she a wandering merchant?

Posted

The only PvP this game doesn't support is ganking of players who don't want to pvp, and even then you can still do it, there are just severe penalties.

But you can PvP to your hearts content, you just cant randomly PK to grief others all day.

Posted

Is she a wandering merchant?

Nah, shes the Shai Potion Vendor outside one of the Inns in Heidel. 
One of the early intro quests in the city from the innkeeper there sends you to her. Apparently shes an orphan who sends all the profits from selling potions to the orphanage she came from. 

1 person likes this

Posted

if you find the karma system too harsh for you.  there is a very easy solution.  don't pk

join a pvp guild and wait for them to declare wars,  then you can pk all you want without karma penalties

been a dickhead in BD has a price,  you either pay it,  or stop -----ing crying about it and take it

5 people like this