• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey there,

ever since I got hooked on BDO I've been trying to convince the people around me to join the game together. I know though that for some of them it may be challenging to play specific classes well, as they seem to require quick reactions. Most of them prefer ranged classes and support classes, so l pointed them mainly to sorceress, tamer, ranger and witch.

Now from some reviews and videos l understood that sorceress is one of the hardest classes to control. How about the difficulty of the other ranged classes? Which would you recommend as being fun to play but not too much requiring skillwise?

Some of them are girls and they are not so much interested in being a professional player, they just want to enjoy the game and the scenery with friends :)

Thank you in advance!

Posted

sorcerer,blader male/female, ninja/kunoichi have the highest learning curve.

but really, it's not that hard :P

Posted

I play Blader, and i think Blader is very2 difficult to master it. Because many of their skill need to hit the target accurately (except tornado) to make high damage.

and of course need to learning curve as well. But if you can master it how to use Blader. you can almost take down all the classes in 1 combo. 

Posted

From easiest to hardest: 

PvE:

Giant == Archer == Wizard < Tamer == Blader == Kunoichi < Warrior == Valkyrie < Plum == Ninja < Sorc

PvP: (in terms of difficulty to play, not how good the class is)

Archer == Valkyrie < Wizard == Tamer < Blader == Plum == Kunoichi < Ninja (this one is arguable, could go with blader) == Giant  < Warrior < Sorc

Posted

From easiest to hardest: 

PvE:

Giant == Archer == Wizard < Tamer == Blader == Kunoichi < Warrior == Valkyrie < Plum == Ninja < Sorc

Archer == Valkyrie < Wizard == Tamer < Blader == Plum == Kunoichi < Ninja (this one is arguable, could go with blader) == Giant  < Warrior < Sorc

Have you played every Class in the Game?

Posted

From easiest to hardest: 

PvE:

Giant in pvp is basicly catch something and you won, well in 1v1 at least. Also wizard/witch 1v1 is really hard to go against melee, Warrior are also not so hard at all you can block most of attacks(only melee class I could beat ranger with not much effort)

Posted

Giant in pvp is basicly catch something and you won, well in 1v1 at least. Also wizard/witch 1v1 is really hard to go against melee, Warrior are also not so hard at all you can block most of attacks(only melee class I could beat ranger with not much effort)

Top end warrior takes quite a bit of skill.  Wizard's fairly easy to play well, it's a lot harder to get really good at wizard.  Warriors need to properly know how to use all their cancels and movement to do well in PvP, which is why I rated them highly.  Sitting behind block doesn't work that well later, but I do see your point about lowering them in that list.  That was really off the top of my head.

Posted

doing pve with ninja is really easy though, idk about pvp, too laggy on KR server to comment about it  

Posted

doing pve with ninja is really easy though, idk about pvp, too laggy on KR server to comment about it  

Honestly PvE on any class is easy.  There are some classes that do better than others, but that's more of because of their kits.  Sorc is worse in PvE just because it lacks a lot of AoE abilities.  etc.  Ninja is easy in PvE but it's not as easy as let's say blader or wizard.  But then again PvE is just easy... so... hard to rate in that regard.

Posted

No worries, just get sorcerer to 56 and then wait for awakening to come out. I'm sure scythe will have lots of AoE. >.>

Posted

sorcerer,blader male/female, ninja/kunoichi have the highest learning curve.

but really, it's not that hard :P

From easiest to hardest: 

I 've no worries about PvE, it's never as difficult as it should be. But PvP can be very frustrating if you're not able to master it.

Sorcerer's gameplay looks fun, but after reading your posts, I'm quite afraid not being able to play it well. I always prefer to play Healing class (like Cleric on Aion or Mystic on Tera), but Witch and Valkyrie are not real healers (and seems pretty annoying to play imo, after seing some gameplay videos). I also tried others, like Assassin on Aion (my 1st choice) but I found it impossible to master (specially timing for basic attack to max dmg with abilities by reducing animations). For example, on Street Fighter 4 (for thoses who already played) "Dash cancel ultra", or even "Dash cancel" (or even "BnB" moves) are a nightmare for me... xD

I know when to do things and why to do even when it's become hard (that's why I was pretty confortable with Healing class). But here I am, without Healing class, asking myself if combos on BDO looks like Aion's assassin combos or fighting game's combo... or if it could be compared to most MMO classes ?

Posted

Giant could work, the combos are fairly straight forward.  Archer is also pretty easy mode to play.  Wizard and Witch are easy to be "good" at, much harder to be great at (without a horse).  

2 people like this

Posted

Giant could work, the combos are fairly straight forward.  Archer is also pretty easy mode to play.  Wizard and Witch are easy to be "good" at, much harder to be great at (without a horse).  

Ty for your answer. :) But does that means that all class (except the 3 you talked about) used combos with huge timing skills required (1sec or less between them), frames knowledge and all ? :S (like fighting game)... Because if not, that doesn't boroth me having a lot of skills to learn (as a healer, I often used a lot of them, for specific situation and quick reaction).

Posted

Ty for your answer. :) But does that means that all class (except the 3 you talked about) used combos with huge timing skills required (1sec or less between them), frames knowledge and all ? :S (like fighting game)... Because if not, that doesn't boroth me having a lot of skills to learn (as a healer, I often used a lot of them, for specific situation and quick reaction).

All classes require quick reaction times.  The above classes have the easiest combos to use though. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

All classes require quick reaction times.  The above classes have the easiest combos to use though. 

Reaction is not a problem for me if I know when hit the key entry...

Problem is when I don't know, when you need to know frames of each attack and "guess" the right time to make your next move (and master your character only when you naturally press key entries like playing piano for the right melody : 0.2 sec too early, or 0.1 too late, and it's a miss, and no indication on the screen to help).

If it's the second option for most (or even all) classes, damn, I think I'm going to be really disappointed ! :( I thought that BDO's gameplay was much more like Tera's gameplay, and not Street Fighter... I thought it could be like that only for few of them at worst (like Ninja, Kunoichi, maybe Blader, Plum and/or Sorceress), not all. O.o

Edited by Delwin
1 person likes this

Posted

Reaction is not a problem for me if I know when hit the key entry...

Problem is when I don't know, when you need to know frames of each attack and "guess" the right time to make your next move (and master your character only when you naturally press key entries like playing piano for the right melody : 0.2 sec too early, or 0.1 too late, and it's a miss, and no indication on the screen to help).

If it's the second option for most (or even all) classes, damn, I think I'm going to be really disappointed ! :( I thought that BDO's gameplay was much more like Tera's gameplay, and not Street Fighter... I thought it could be like that only for few of them at worst (like Ninja, Kunoichi, maybe Blader, Plum and/or Sorceress), not all. O.o

Tera is slow compared to BDO, but you can still do well.  I'd shy away from ninja, blader, and sorc if I were you.  Look into Archer, Giant, Valkyrie, Tamer, Wizard / Witch.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tera is slow compared to BDO, but you can still do well.  I'd shy away from ninja, blader, and sorc if I were you.  Look into Archer, Giant, Valkyrie, Tamer, Wizard / Witch.

Thanks for your answer.

I still don't know if BDO combo's gameplay needs to know frames on auto-attack, in which frames a skill can be cancel, and so on... but it's give an idea.

I disappointed to read that all classes you advised me seems the most repetitive one (imo, after seing some gameplay videos). That's why I played Cleric (Aion) or Mystic (Tera), to have a lot of things to do, a lot of options, no time out, and not only a skinny list of usefull skills/combos. Btw, it's seems that "class difficulty" is seen a little bit differently on this site : http://blackdesertfoundry.com/list-of-guides/ (specially for sorceress and ranger)

Sorceress : "quite easy to play but difficult to master because of their low defense." No mention of combos. On an other hand, for Ranger we can read : "lots of complex combos making them a difficult class to master." or "some find it difficult to keep up with the complex combos and similarities in the combos."

I guess everyone has a feeling with a class, and I should try each of them to be sure to play the right one (damn, I hoped I could avoid that... ^^')

Posted

Thanks for your answer.

I still don't know if BDO combo's gameplay needs to know frames on auto-attack, in which frames a skill can be cancel, and so on... but it's give an idea.

I disappointed to read that all classes you advised me seems the most repetitive one (imo, after seing some gameplay videos). That's why I played Cleric (Aion) or Mystic (Tera), to have a lot of things to do, a lot of options, no time out, and not only a skinny list of usefull skills/combos. Btw, it's seems that "class difficulty" is seen a little bit differently on this site : http://blackdesertfoundry.com/list-of-guides/ (specially for sorceress and ranger)

Sorceress : "quite easy to play but difficult to master because of their low defense." No mention of combos. On an other hand, for Ranger we can read : "lots of complex combos making them a difficult class to master." or "some find it difficult to keep up with the complex combos and similarities in the combos."

I guess everyone has a feeling with a class, and I should try each of them to be sure to play the right one (damn, I hoped I could avoid that... ^^')

Well, PvE is always repetitive, in PvP the classes gain more to do... except archer... you just have 3 skills to spam there regardless of situation

Posted

Thanks for your answer.

She's not listing Sorc as easy at all. She has Sorc rated 4/5 in difficulty compared to 2/5 for Witch/Wizard.

Posted

She's not listing Sorc as easy at all. She has Sorc rated 4/5 in difficulty compared to 2/5 for Witch/Wizard.

I didn't made any statement, just copy/paste what's on the website (and "difficult to master" don't sound so easy for me ;) , maybe not the hardest so, in her opinion... but she also said that's she's not an expert with this class).

Posted

I didn't made any statement, just copy/paste what's on the website (and "difficult to master" don't sound so easy for me ;) , maybe not the hardest so, in her opinion... but she also said that's she's not an expert with this class).

I wouldn't read too much into the bdofoundry guides.  Try things out and pick for yourself.  The easiest classes to play in both pvp and pve are Archer, Valkyrie and Wizard.  

Posted

Ninja and sorcerer in my opinion, having low health it requires a large amount of experience to be able to move fast enough and do enough damage. Warrior would also take a lot of skill because you woud have to earn to block and the counter attack. Classes like blader and giant, just my opinion, seem like it would be mostly a spam class