• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Carebear Attack

96 posts in this topic

Posted

So, you're a lonely PVE player and people keep PKing you. These forums are full of trolls encouraging PKing and griefing. So I propose we fight back using the negative karma system that they love so much. How you ask? Good question!

1. Roll your main and do your normal thing.
2. In between waiting for power to refill go create an alt.
3. Powerlevel that alt to 50.
4. Now put really crappy gear on that alt.
5. Find a group of PVPers and run up to them really fast! They thing you're attacking and will attack you. Even if they don't attack you just stand on the mobs they are killing and let them aoe you. Boom, you're dead and they take a negative karma hit.
6. Rinse and Repeat. 

You just did two things. One, you gave their entire guild negative karma. Guild leaders actually kick people out for that. Two, you gave those PVPers negative karma.

We can grief people too...

6 people like this

Posted

Charge!!!

CHARGE.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

There is no guild karma anymore.

Posted

I would love to see the face of OP. 

"YEAH STICK IT TO THE MAN!

Ooh.. oh we can't? Ok, well, we'll just post more. "

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh? Didn't know that. Bummer.

I would love to see the face of OP. 

"YEAH STICK IT TO THE MAN!

Ooh.. oh we can't? Ok, well, we'll just post more. "

We can still force you to take a karma hit. Eye for an eye. I might create an alt guild who's sole purpose is to grief PVP players with this. I mean. it is a "sandbox" right?

2 people like this

Posted

We can still force you to take a karma hit. Eye for an eye. I might create an alt guild who's sole purpose is to grief PVP players with this. I mean. it is a "sandbox" right?

Lol this is halerious man! yeah it's sandbox indeed wierd way of doing it but yeah. xD

2 people like this

Posted

I don't see how this would cause a karma hit.

If you flag up they don't lose karma, and they can not hit you unless you are flagged.

If they flag up to kill you they well take the karma hit, but most people well not flag up past a certain point or make sure a higher karma person in the group is getting the killing blow. 

giphy_(12).thumb.gif.425184c2339d07b574f

Posted

So, you're a lonely PVE player and people keep PKing you. These forums are full of trolls encouraging PKing and griefing. So I propose we fight back using the negative karma system that they love so much. How you ask? Good question!

5. Find a group of PVPers and run up to them really fast! They thing you're attacking and will attack you. Even if they don't attack you just stand on the mobs they are killing and let them aoe you. Boom, you're dead and they take a negative karma hit.
6. Rinse and Repeat. 

You just did two things. One, you gave their entire guild negative karma. Guild leaders actually kick people out for that. Two, you gave those PVPers negative karma.

Trolls who encourage pk and griefing? I mainly just see people wanting the devs to stay on track with the content they promised, since OWpvp is the last sandbox feature this game has left. 

As it is now, that feature is useless due to no gain and high risk. So mission success for you I suppose. 

Posted

I see your point and even though I somewhat agree, those "play how I want because this game is what I want even if its not because I say so" types are really obnoxious, I wouldnt do it. I just dont like griefing in any shape and form. I find no pleasure in making anyone unhappy and if you are hurt I will sooner cry with you than laugh at you. Its how I am, sorry.

6 people like this

Posted

Carebear toxicity, as usual.

1 person likes this

Posted

I see your point and even though I somewhat agree, those "play how I want because this game is what I want even if its not because I say so" types are really obnoxious, I wouldnt do it. I just dont like griefing in any shape and form. I find no pleasure in making anyone unhappy and if you are hurt I will sooner cry with you than laugh at you. Its how I am, sorry.

You don't have to apologize for being a good person.

1 person likes this

Posted

I thought once you had a char in a guild your entire family of chars was also in that guild...so you can't really create an alt guild with alt chars unless they're also your mains. :)

Posted

6. Rinse and Repeat. 

And.. this..is the reason the PVP players have a reason to be upset about the high Karma penalty.

Really, dont plan on doing this crap. Its as much griefing as the PKers who intend to kill noobs. In the instance this id10t described, HE is the PKer, because he picked the fight.

1 person likes this

Posted

Carebear toxicity, as usual.

As opposed to peeveepeen toxicity? You are the one to talk 9_9

3 people like this

Posted

6. Rinse and Repeat. 

A carebear that hates other players.......?

49300410.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

And.. this..is the reason the PVP players have a reason to be upset about the high Karma penalty.

Really, dont plan on doing this crap. Its as much griefing as the PKers who intend to kill noobs. In the instance this id10t described, HE is the PKer, because he picked the fight.

I don't think he does. I think he's just frustrated with  a lot of the PKers who talk about ruining "carebears'" days for lulz. I could be wrong, I don't know the guy personally. 

Posted

What's hilarious is that I did that in the earlier closed beta for The Division to a group of rogues. I kept respawning close by and running back up and attacking them keeping them in the rogue state longer so others could join in a take them down. I wasn't trolling or greifing them as I'd lose some DZ XP and money on each death which they'd gain and I did manage to take one of them out eventually (1 on 4 was rough when I was only level 5/8 and they were 8/12).

I am ready to fully engage in PvP to take these PKers out. I'll probably fail and die a lot at first. That's fine. I'll get better and present a better challenge eventually. I'm not going anywhere. No channel switching. No hiding. You can't take the sky from me.

Posted

A carebear that hates other players.......?

49300410.jpg

We exist. Just because I am not interested in PvP does not mean I am 'nice'. It also does not mean I am going to grief or KS or any of that because it's just rude and obnoxious and, frankly, as much a waste of my time as yours. There are ways for carebears to poison the well, but most of us I imagine are curtious enough to not do those things, unless you push us too far.

1 person likes this

Posted

6. Rinse and Repeat. 

Griefing pvpers by intentionally getting camped by them?

This is a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them.

Posted

As opposed to peeveepeen toxicity? You are the one to talk 9_9

Would you be so kind and point out where I was saying how ima grief people etc? 

Posted (edited)

So just because PKing is in the game, its wrong? That's great you don't like it, everyone is entitled to there opinion, but I think your blurring the line between a "video game" and RL, I've been seeing you poke your noise around the PvP section, and some of your posts really make me scratch my head, I mean you know this is just a game, but you assume people are evil for wanting the game to be more realistic. GTA is one of the most successful games of 2015 does that make every person who enjoys playing that game inherently evil?

and I have to ask the OP, if griefing is the thing you don't want in this game, why do it yourself? At that point wouldn't you just simply fight back, instead of going through all the work that you just described? Why not just play how it was intended at that point and fight with a little dignity, maybe people wouldn't be so quick to PK you in the first place.

Edited by Artimus
1 person likes this

Posted

So, you're a lonely PVE player and people keep PKing you. 

Or just get better gear/skill and kill that bad, ugly pkers? o.O

Posted (edited)

Its pure grifing. Just like in battlefield 2 for example, you never teamkilled to greif you tricked others into doing it and got them kicked from the server. Who is really the hunter?

Edited by beehive inferno

Posted

They'll be removing the karma penalty due to the whambulance coming from the pvp forums.

Posted

They'll be removing the karma penalty due to the whambulance coming from the pvp forums.

They should! Go ahead and remove it. See what happens and how everyone loses. It's time for another gaming company to learn a hard lesson in simple economics.

1 person likes this