• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Carebear Attack

96 posts in this topic

Posted

I know this post is just silly but how would you know players were pvpers if they are just killing mobs anyway?

Also they would have to be flagged for pvp to do you any damage. If they were flagged and pking they would kill you and enjoy it anyway weather you tried to let them or not.

Also there is a big distinction between pvpers and pkers and griefers in my opinion. So are you trying to grief all pvpers? If so then they should pk you if you ask me.

The ultimate question: If this is bait did I just bite?

Posted

So, you're a lonely PVE player and people keep PKing you. These forums are full of trolls encouraging PKing and griefing. So I propose we fight back using the negative karma system that they love so much. How you ask? Good question!

1. Roll your main and do your normal thing.
2. In between waiting for power to refill go create an alt.
3. Powerlevel that alt to 50.
4. Now put really crappy gear on that alt.
5. Find a group of PVPers and run up to them really fast! They thing you're attacking and will attack you. Even if they don't attack you just stand on the mobs they are killing and let them aoe you. Boom, you're dead and they take a negative karma hit.
6. Rinse and Repeat. 

You just did two things. One, you gave their entire guild negative karma. Guild leaders actually kick people out for that. Two, you gave those PVPers negative karma.

We can grief people too...

We need more players like this. Instead of crying like a baby you put together a strategy just like you would for pve. Congratulations, you have transcended the limited thought processes of your peers. Just think..if you got a raid group to execute your plan it might even feel just like real pve. Tank, spank, die, res, repeat.

1 person likes this

Posted

So, you're a lonely PVE player and people keep PKing you. These forums are full of trolls encouraging PKing and griefing. So I propose we fight back using the negative karma system that they love so much. How you ask? Good question!

5. Find a group of PVPers and run up to them really fast! They thing you're attacking and will attack you. Even if they don't attack you just stand on the mobs they are killing and let them aoe you. Boom, you're dead and they take a negative karma hit.
6. Rinse and Repeat. 

You just did two things. One, you gave their entire guild negative karma. Guild leaders actually kick people out for that. Two, you gave those PVPers negative karma.

Another idiotic post, from the guy crying everywhere about pk. You make so obvious that u never have been confronted to that in bdo. What u said is wrong, doesn't work like that, and again shows that u complain with barely any knowledge of what the game really is.

It's really hard to take you seriously, you just sound like a troll whiner.
Get your facts straight, maybe u'll finally realize that there's a minority of people that will pk you for no reason, and that you will have plenty of help from the other pvpers.
Actually, people like you are the reason why there is a senseless war between pvpers and pvers. YOU are part of the minority of pvers that can relate exactly to the minority of pvpers you hate.

Spend more time playing the game, and less time whining about things you don't know, and u'll finally realize your concerns have 0 reason to be.

2 people like this

Posted

You make (it) so obvious that u never ...

Wow. Can't take you seriously.

1 person likes this

Posted

My post was sarcasm in case you haven't figured that out. You guys need to attend some IPC (interpersonal communication) classes. Maybe when you get out of middle school you can ask your parents to sign you up for it.

Posted

My post was sarcasm in case you haven't figured that out. You guys need to attend some IPC (interpersonal communication) classes. Maybe when you get out of middle school you can ask your parents to sign you up for it.

So after a quick glance at your post history, I guess all your posts are sarcastic? Because taken at face value, they're all pretty stupid.

1 person likes this

Posted

My mom says Im special

Posted

They should! Go ahead and remove it. See what happens and how everyone loses. It's time for another gaming company to learn a hard lesson in simple economics.

probably die out pretty fast.

your overall grieving concept is.. well... not really going to be effective anyway since they are making the Outlaw a valid and balanced means to play so carebears are dead and they will leave the servers so the wolves once again kill the wolves and the vicious cycle of decay in MMOS which had fantastic concepts goes 'SEE it don't work for PvE sandbox type game' Just look at BDO and how it turned out.

Posted

probably die out pretty fast.

your overall grieving concept is.. well... not really going to be effective anyway since they are making the Outlaw a valid and balanced means to play so carebears are dead and they will leave the servers so the wolves once again kill the wolves and the vicious cycle of decay in MMOS which had fantastic concepts goes 'SEE it don't work for PvE sandbox type game' Just look at BDO and how it turned out.

Eh, the amount of people worrying over a giant PK orgy of death are overstating the actual occurrence rates.  Yes Pkers will exist, yes we will kill people.  But not nearly as much as this whole outburst of emotion believes.  Even with "dropped karma rates" the majority of pkers youve seen in past games do so for monetary gain.  Which for the most part is absent in the current system until we see what component of the bounty hunter system we get.  Which for everyone here is a far better way to stick it to the evil evil pk who hurt your feelings earlier ingame.  Most of the pvp you will see will be guild declaration if anything with a few career pks being made for fun before the enchantment and item destruction is removed in karma 2.0 (which is a laughable system in an item grind game to begin with).

Posted

Eh, the amount of people worrying over a giant PK orgy of death are overstating the actual occurrence rates.  Yes Pkers will exist, yes we will kill people.  But not nearly as much as this whole outburst of emotion believes.  Even with "dropped karma rates" the majority of pkers youve seen in past games do so for monetary gain.  Which for the most part is absent in the current system until we see what component of the bounty hunter system we get.  Which for everyone here is a far better way to stick it to the evil evil pk who hurt your feelings earlier ingame.  Most of the pvp you will see will be guild declaration if anything with a few career pks being made for fun before the enchantment and item destruction is removed in karma 2.0 (which is a laughable system in an item grind game to begin with).

I am all for PvP dude. I want a full PvP flag and no on bullshit flagging system and I want some loot drops but I also want PvE players to have something to do besides get Pk'ed all the -----ing time. I want this game to succeed but the more I see it going down a bad path.

Going to look at esport?

Adding dungeons for boss raids?

A whole slew of PvP changes?

WTF?

Going to add selling loot rights?

----- I got that already.

Posted

I know this post is just silly but how would you know players were pvpers if they are just killing mobs anyway?

Also they would have to be flagged for pvp to do you any damage. If they were flagged and pking they would kill you and enjoy it anyway weather you tried to let them or not.

Also there is a big distinction between pvpers and pkers and griefers in my opinion. So are you trying to grief all pvpers? If so then they should pk you if you ask me.

The ultimate question: If this is bait did I just bite?

getting a bit confused about this flagging system, so if you are flagged you can be kill with no karma lost to the attacker. however if you are not flagged and are attacked and killed attacker receives a heavy karma punishment.

Posted

getting a bit confused about this flagging system, so if you are flagged you can be kill with no karma lost to the attacker. however if you are not flagged and are attacked and killed attacker receives a heavy karma punishment.

From what I understand it goes just like you described. Two people are actively engaged in PvP or else the attacker will receive a karma punishment. As for this forum, I realize this guy is trying to cover up by hiding under sarcasm or whatever. But here's the deal: This is "eye for an eye" and even if it was successful you've just turned into the monster you have this deep seated hatred for.

I say play the game and have fun. I'm excited for the PvE of this game, but I realize PvP is another aspect and I am all for the challenge. Bring it on PKers! I'll be secretly waiting everytime I'm on my boat fishing, in my wagon takin trade packs, or etc.

Posted

Okay, it wasn't sarcasm. Is that the correct answer? Please let me know what I think so I can post accordingly.

Posted (edited)

Grieving is Grieving you shouldn't do it. PKing or any other kinda of Harassment Including KS or this kind of grieving(even though it wouldn't work and shows you have not looked at the PvP system). There are loads of ways for them to PvP.. best way to deal with them.. stop playing for a few months. No seriously if the servers loose 30% of the "carebears" Daum with destroy OWPvP. So if the Pkers can't play nice just take a break for a few months and come back. 

Grieving isn't a good thing to do. 

More than that this isn't going to work at all. You need to be flagged. There is no Karma hit for Flagged players to kill other Flagged players.. you have literally done nothing. 

So quickly this is the System currently being considered 

The summary. 
Karma loss only happens when:
Any player attacks and/or kills a unflagged positive Karma player
A Positive Karma player attacks an unflagged "Purple" player (negative Karma above -500,000) 

Negative Karma players can attack each other as much as they want with no penalties 
Flagged players can attack each other as much as they want with no Penalties. 

There is no reason for them to attack non-flagged players with High Karma unless they are trying to get low Karma. 

Any player wanting to play PvP can just flag and go about their business. PKers seem to think though that even though this game caters to both PvE and PvP players because the PvP system lets you kill any player (which the Devs call murder) you should be able to do so and profit from it.. in fact they feel their should be an incentive for it. 

The Incentive for PvP is the fight. It shouldn't need to be more than that. 

There are different levels of these kinds of players.. but there is a vocal minority that want to MDK the game. In fact only about 30% of PvP oriented players on the Forum see OWPvP against unflagged high Karma players as their primary goal. Which means the actual numbers are likely much much lower tan that. (3% Maybe) 

as such.. if Daum lost 30% of it's players they will see a drop in store sales and realize it is the Gankers/PKers that are the problem (not guild PvPers or honourable PvPers looking to fight more often against willing opponents) 

My preferred play style is crafting and organized PvP. This game has a massive Crafting, Farming and Trade system. The Organized PvP looks interesting. They Guild PvP looks interesting. I have no interest in killing random people when they are just grinding levels. Grieving in any form should be looked down on. It is needless in this game. Particular as there is no value in it except the "lolz" which just makes it worse.  

Edited by Kaziklu
1 person likes this

Posted

best way to deal with them.. stop playing for a few months. No seriously if the servers loose 30% of the "carebears" Daum with destroy OWPvP. So if the Pkers can't play nice just take a break for a few months and come back. 

just like how the game died out in KR with the introduction of karma system, am I rite?

Posted (edited)

just like how the game died out in KR with the introduction of karma system, am I rite?

It is all in the hands of the PKers. 

They can be respectful of others or the can ruin the game... wanna take bets on which?... 

Edited by Kaziklu

Posted

6. Rinse and Repeat. 

This guy would rather suicide bomb pvp'rs than actually pvp.

didn't know mean care bears existed, if so im sure they would kill other players.

giphy.gif

6. Rinse and Repeat. 

Posted

It was sarcasm but, ya, I would rather lick my toilet bowl clean than PVP. 

Posted

No chance that the PvE carebears would be able to stop playing for a couple months if they are getting PKed, this game is too juicy for them. Stop acting like the DEVs would care about some people leaving because of OW PvP. they openly support PKing and OW PvP

Posted

It is all in the hands of the PKers. 
They can be respectful of others or the can ruin the game... wanna take bets on which?... 

carebears grief everyone

Posted

I'll offer you an alternate route that will 100% work for an efficent carebear attack:

1. Grind 10h+ a day and focus on making money

2. If someone try pk you > respawn at nearest node and keep farming

3. When Media releases procceed to make a living god out of yourself with all the money

4. If someone try pk you > you 1 shot them back

5. Profit!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Doing my best to get our point across in the PVP section: 'The PVE carebears' thread.

Example:

I think you chaps are missing the point of the complaint from 'Care Bears' about PvP.

PvP is a great, competitive thing in an MMO. I loved the PvP in WoW myself.

However, and you know damn well that this is a fact, many alpha-holes are going to go out of their way to gank people who are in no way interested in PvP, and probably aren't able to fairly defend themselves, because they will be of a lower level and less well gear-equipped.

I saw this too often in ArcheAge, the so-called PvPer's would "big it up!" when ganking lowbies, but as soon as someone who might actually be a problem for them came along, suddenly their Guildies appeared or they did a runner. Yeah, real impressive show of skill there, Elite PvPer!

I repeat, people have no issue with PvP, but griefing lower levels for the 'lulz' requires no skill, or L33t ability, it is done simply to be a ****.

There are actually some decent, reasonable people over there willing to have this discussion. :)

Edited by Enk

Posted

carebears grief everyone

No they don't.

See PvE focused play is a valid play style. PvE players have to be respectful but it is much harder to be disrespectful. The worse thing a PvE player can do is Kill Steal. And by kill steal I don't mean farm in the same area as you, I mean actively follow you around and try to take your kills to force you out of an area... if that is the case, flag and kill them. That is a valid reason to PK. 

PKers actively hinder PvE players.. that is what they do.. because they don't want to attack over PvPers who are going to be fully skilled and know how to use their skills effectively on a PvP player opposed to a PvE sustained grind. In PvP you want to do as much damage as quickly as possible while preventing opponent from doing any damage. It is a totally different way of fighting even a PvE summon boss isn't the same. Good PvE players want to be able to handle as many mobs as possible and sustain the DPS for as little down time as possible. It is a very different play style. Often PvE players have to actively switch mind sets even when they do know how. As such the PK centric player who is already thinking in the PvP mindset has an advantage. It makes a PvEer easier to kill.. a PKer is the same loser that only kills things he is over leveled for. They don't want a challange they don't want a good fight.. they want to piss of a PvEer they get off on it. Some (a much smaller group) of PvEer do the same thing on PvE servers with kill stealing and other passive aggressive grief methods. Like what Stabby totally failed to suggest here. 

In those cases they are still grievers. but instead of PK Grievers they are PvEholes. 

Just like not the entire PvP community are grievers the whole PvE community aren't grievers. 

So again if you really want to ruin the day of a PvEer... go murder PvEholes.. Heck I might help you, but only if you help me hunt down PK Grievers. 

If the well adjusted members of both communities dealt with our idiot population it would shrink fairly fast. 

2 people like this

Posted

No they don't.
See PvE focused play is a valid play style. PvE players have to be respectful but it is much harder to be disrespectful. The worse thing a PvE player can do is Kill Steal. And by kill steal I don't mean farm in the same area as you, I mean actively follow you around and try to take your kills to force you out of an area... if that is the case, flag and kill them. That is a valid reason to PK. 

PKers actively hinder PvE players.. that is what they do.. because they don't want to attack over PvPers who are going to be fully skilled and know how to use their skills effectively on a PvP player opposed to a PvE sustained grind. In PvP you want to do as much damage as quickly as possible while preventing opponent from doing any damage. It is a totally different way of fighting even a PvE summon boss isn't the same. Good PvE players want to be able to handle as many mobs as possible and sustain the DPS for as little down time as possible. It is a very different play style. Often PvE players have to actively switch mind sets even when they do know how. As such the PK centric player who is already thinking in the PvP mindset has an advantage. It makes a PvEer easier to kill.. a PKer is the same loser that only kills things he is over leveled for. They don't want a challange they don't want a good fight.. they want to piss of a PvEer they get off on it. Some (a much smaller group) of PvEer do the same thing on PvE servers with kill stealing and other passive aggressive grief methods. Like what Stabby totally failed to suggest here. 

In those cases they are still grievers. but instead of PK Grievers they are PvEholes. 

Just like not the entire PvP community are grievers the whole PvE community aren't grievers. 

So again if you really want to ruin the day of a PvEer... go murder PvEholes.. Heck I might help you, but only if you help me hunt down PK Grievers. 

If the well adjusted members of both communities dealt with our idiot population it would shrink fairly fast. 

Damn, I´m out of likes again.

pluseinsphilosohie1.png

Posted (edited)

No chance that the PvE carebears would be able to stop playing for a couple months if they are getting PKed, this game is too juicy for them. Stop acting like the DEVs would care about some people leaving because of OW PvP. they openly support PKing and OW PvP

So lets end this falacy now. They support open world PKing against people who are willing to participate. The Proposed Karma system shows they want PKers to not grieve players and they want PvE centric players to not feel scared all the time. They want the game to work. The ability Grind camping, and world boss stealing is great. The ability for Purple and Red players to attack each other any time is great, the ability of OWPvP GvG is great. But for Grieving PKers to go out and hunt PvEers in lesser gear. well that is lame and the Devs will have to respond if a major number of players flee the game. 

Actually.. that is what happened in KR. The Karma system was much less damn that even the proposed system.. a bunch of PK grievers decided to be jerks slaughter large groups constantly, made it difficult for people to play they left, devs realized there was no money in losing 30% of you population because of 3% being asses so.. boom punishing Karma system. and PvP level caps. (as I understand it) 

So yes if enough PvEers (thousands wouldn't take much) left the devs would be forced to protect their revenue stream. 

Remember there is nothing in the game that forces anyone to attack High Karma players who are not flagged. The fact a small percentage of PKers seem to actively want to do that because they get off on it is already causing negative growth for the game. Players are already leaving or planning to leave. They are planning to not level past 44 and be gone in a month because not being able to grind or participate in the rest of the game for fear of the PKing Grievers who are shooting how much they are going to love slaughtering Carebears and part of the rest of the PvP community defending them... means they don't see fun in the game. 

Before Launch.. the Grievers are already driving off hundreds of players. with thousands more planning on ways to prevent PKers from ruining their play experience, and if they can't enjoy it they will quit. I know people that wanted to upgrade... but didn't because why pay $50 more when in two weeks the Grievers may have made the game totally enjoyable. It is already costing Daum money. 

I should mention I full consider my self a Carebear PvE/Per maybe the term is PvX now. I fully intent to do some OWPvP in the game.. but I won't attack an unflagged player, I stick to flagged players and Reds.. and maybe the occasional Purple (assuming the new Flagging, Karma and Bounty system comes into play)

Edited by Kaziklu
2 people like this