• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[POLL] Are you satisfied with the chosen Server Structure?

[POLL] Are you satisfied with the chosen Server Structure for release?   421 votes

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the chosen Server Structure (2x servers with 9 channels per Region)?

• Yes
    • I don't care
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

92 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I didn't see any poll about this and I'm wondering what the community feels about the chosen server structure overall.

As most know, the previous poll showed a 50/50 split for Megaserver vs Multiserver.

It seems Daum decided to try to please everyone by choosing a... multi megaserver approach?(2x servers of 9 channels per Region)

Are you content with this choice?

Vote away! Specify why in the comments if you want to give details!

For reference:

Many people keep asking us about the server structure at release and by now we are comfortable enough, that our planned structure will go live as described below, to share it with you.

Initial setup will be similar to CBT2.

We will have two Servers for each region. (2xEU, 2xNA)

Each server will have 9 channels.

Server names are not finalized and will be announced soon.

Edited by BurningBern

Posted

I don't care, and voted appropriately.

Posted

I'm more of a pve player so I like the way they did the servers.

Posted

I like the Multi Megaserver, it pleases both. Personally I'd prefer a single Megaserver but this is just as good and less people will complain about being stuck on servers with guilds they don't like.

Posted

I am greedy player, so i am not overly fond of their decision... Still it could be worse (doesnt mean i am happy)...

Posted

I like it better then one big server, my hope is that its a max of 9 dynamic channels. Once launch calms down they may be able to bring those channels down a notch.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I like the Multi Megaserver, it pleases both.

That's actually why I made this poll, I'm not sure it's the case. A popular pro-megaserver argument was that it kept the whole community together, while a pro-multiserver argument was that it would prevent the need of channels.

Multi Megaserver splits the community while having channels. 

I personally don't mind much about it, but I'm wondering if Daum's call pleased the majority of the playerbase like they hoped or not.

Edited by BurningBern

Posted

The hell are you doing?! Asking a gaming community if they are "satisfied" with anything?! :(

4 people like this

Posted

The hell are you doing?! Asking a gaming community if they are "satisfied" with anything?! :(

I didn't give up on this community yet!

Posted

I didn't give up on this community yet!

45bc0b26aa9ff1cb4ce40685dd2e7c56233a2fe4

Posted (edited)

This sh1t they did is nothing like what we asked for, we ask for multiservers with 2-3 channels & although we didn't get a Mega Server & that is good, there is way too many channels to form the community an OW-PvP game needs to be fun, they need to reduce channels & if the server can't handle the number of players add more servers don't add channels... me personally I didn't want to see channels at all, nothing zero channels, just 1 world were everyone is visible & no one can hide exactly how L2 was, but I know I won't get that ever so I can at least hope that they are going to do the 2nd best thing by giving us Multiple Servers with just a few channels, less than CBT2 for sure.

Edited by noobzor

Posted

To be quite honest, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Guess I will see when I try it.

Posted

I'd prefer a single server per region. I only wanted multiple servers if there were either 0 channels or maximum 3. 

Posted

45bc0b26aa9ff1cb4ce40685dd2e7c56233a2fe4

I don't understand how this is a logical response to OP's rare forum optimism.

I'm just a cross-eyed pug though, so what do I know?

Posted

I don't understand how this is a logical response to OP's rare forum optimism.

I'm just a cross-eyed pug though, so what do I know?

Blind optimism needs hugs, Mr Pug. I am here to help.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Blind optimism needs hugs, Mr Pug. I am here to help.

I would say wishful rather than blind. I know very well there are a few hopeless rotten apples lingering about ;). Like any forum.

But so far, I'd say I've seen worse elsewhere.

Edited by BurningBern

Posted

If they were going to make one more PvE and one more PvP then this would be fine. I'd prefer one server with lots of channels so if an area is too crowded on one I can go to another.

Posted

I am satisfied and grateful!

Posted

I can't help but expect that they will have to merge servers at some point which is always a PR nightmare.

Given the choice between 2 servers with a lot of channels and 1 server with a lot of channels, I would prefer 1 server.

Posted

I want Mega. buts its okay

Posted

I didn't see any poll about this and I'm wondering what the community feels about the chosen server structure overall.

As most know, the previous poll showed a 50/50 split for Megaserver vs Multiserver.

It seems Daum decided to try to please everyone by choosing a... multi megaserver approach?(2x servers of 9 channels per Region)

Are you content with this choice?

Vote away!

where did u get the memo we getting 2x 9channels?

beta?

Posted

As long as only 3-4 channels are dynamic, and te rest are overflow, it's fine. 

I cant cant vote yes or no without knowing that detail though. A 3rd server using cbt2 method would be perfect though.

Posted

where did u get the memo we getting 2x 9channels?

beta?

Many people keep asking us about the server structure at release and by now we are comfortable enough, that our planned structure will go live as described below, to share it with you.

Initial setup will be similar to CBT2.

We will have two Servers for each region. (2xEU, 2xNA)

Each server will have 9 channels.

Server names are not finalized and will be announced soon.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thx!

Posted

All I want is for them to announce the server names prior to headstart.