• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What are BDO's Pro's & Con's

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Just what really sticks out like my pro is its the best looking the con (money aside) is its really grindy.

Posted

Pro: the entire game
Con: slightly overpriced cash shop, the community.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Bad Community.

That why I strongly recommend finding a good guild early.

Edited by Khebeln

Posted

Pro:the entire game

Con:FORUMS(the spaming and crying)

Posted

Pro: the whole game.

Con: People whining on the Forums.

Posted

For me the biggest pro is the open world. This is what an MMORPG world should be like. No instances, no (?) invisible walls, just one big world.
Biggest pro for me.

Con is the classes and combat. But most people actually like it. I should just adapt and see if I can live with it.
Personally I'm more into tactical combat.

Posted (edited)

Bad Community.

That why I strongly recommend finding a good guild early.

It's not thaaaat bad :). Sure there are a few rotten apples, but I've seen much worse in other forums. I've seen better too, but overall, I'd say it can work out.

Edited by BurningBern
1 person likes this

Posted

I will be your frands <3

Posted

Best game 

Shit post that tries to ruin the game 

Posted

Pro: the whole game.

Con: People whining on the Forums.

Posted (edited)

Just what really sticks out like my pro is its the best looking the con (money aside) is its really grindy.

Useless answers aside, my biggest pro would be the dynamic fastpaced combat system combined with a designer team that actually have some talent and know how to produce a decent looking world.

You mentionned the grind, there's no escaping from it. If the combat system doesn't tingle your PvP needs I'd suggest you to look elsewhere, except if you want to play this like Farmville and not leave town.

Edited by HTTPSforumsishard

Posted

Pro:- Combat - Immersive Experience - AFK/grind - Leveling Grind - Crafting - well like 99% of the game

Con: - Pearl Store Prices - Frame Rate Caps/system hardware caps - Lack of Instanced Groups (a few instanced places could be cool) - Inability to control amount of rendered players

Posted

Pros : The entire game!

Con?: Maybe the store being a bit to expensive but still I don't mind, other than that i can't find anything that i don't like so far. This is close to a perfect Mmorpg FOR ME.

Posted

Pros:  character micromanagement, the environments, day / night, crafting, travel options

Cons:  cash shop, some poorly designed UI elements, character creation, lack of a sub fee.

Posted

I only played the CBT2 and this is my pro and con

Pro

• Big and lush game world
  • no instanced crap
  • No linear quest hub leveling crap
  • character creator
  • can sit on every thing
  • climbing
  • observe mod to take screenshot
  • Easy to get lost
  • nights are dark
  • rain is wet (although it looks like oil on your character because specular map are not detailed for water)
  • K-Pop idol in medial Europe

Con

• Business model that will most likely hurts the game's longevity
  • Cash shop only items that are full game functions but have no alternative in the actual game (Pets and dye for example)
  • So much farming you can do it afk
  • Could have more things to discover when exploring
  • The game PvE is much more enjoyable when no other players around
  • Combat is reliant on ping
1 person likes this

Posted

Con: slightly overpriced cash shop, the community.

I feel like the combat is a bit lackluster but I cant say that as a fact since i only played RU and not beta. Still the entire game is a stretch regardless of the community and CS. I wish they had some form of trading. SOmeone suggested if x number of quest where done a day then you could do trading

Posted

Con: slightly overpriced cash shop, the community, and we cannot play it yet.

Posted

Pro: good game

Con: f2p business model in what is supposed to be a b2p game

1 person likes this

Posted

Cons: business model, community

Pros: everything else

Posted

My personal list after playing the Closed Beta. 

Pros

• Engaging and fun combat mechanics
  • Deep and rich Game-play mechanics 
  • Best graphics in MMO I have ever seen
  • Day and Night cycle with meaningful differences
  • Fully Open World
  • Fun mini-games.
  • Generally speaking, healthy and friendly community (In Closed Beta at least). 

Cons

• Paying gets you advantages (pay and you'll gain an advantage over others, it is a tiny advantage but regardless how tiny it is I will always despise such business practices in B2P games. Black Desert online is still a million times better than some other total P2W systems.)
  • Very annoying graphical pop-ups and extremely small view distance which leads to NPC's/Characters popping in and out constantly even on MAX settings.
  • Story is boring and the way it's told is not engaging enough for me to really care. Almost 0 World build-up, you get dropped in to the world with no idea of the factions or world events that are happening around, I presume you find out as you go but it would be nice to have at least the basic set-up. 
  • Mostly boring quests with few exceptions (maybe I just didn't find the fun ones yet).
  • Forums are a total mess full of arguments. 

So far I rate this MMO 9/10 despite all its faults but I will downgrade this status if they are not addressed properly. 

Posted

It's not thaaaat bad :). Sure there are a few rotten apples, but I've seen much worse in other forums. I've seen better too, but overall, I'd say it can work out.

I would say its pretty normal for a game with a lot of pvp. Still its not great either :D

Posted

Pros: The game

Cons: The greed.

Posted

image.jpeg

Posted

Pro:

Con:

Cash shop

p2w

grindy

poor cust serv

forced pvp

...I could go on.

Posted

Pro:

Con:

Cash shop

p2w

grindy

poor cust serv

forced pvp

...I could go on.

I take it you wont be playing the game, but will be shit posting on  the forums till the next game you can shit post on.