• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

THE THIRSTY MAIDEN -NA- RP- TAVERN (OOC)

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Cool_Text_The_Thirsty_Maiden_16597381891

Hello there everyone!

First off, thank you for your interest in The Thirsty Maiden.
We are not a guild, but an exclusive membership only role playing tavern in the world of BDO.

I am Mistress Aviana, the proprietor of The Thirsty Maiden. I am a 38 year old female to those of you it matters to. It is my goal to create a mature and exciting atmosphere for the would be merchants, fighters, tradesmen/women, explorers and whoever else should be in need of rest, relaxation and entertainment.

A BIT OF WHAT WE WILL OFFER

This "tavern" will be a live action sort of thing, meaning...you will actually have to be there with your character in order to participate in the several themed chat rooms/text channels. It is exclusive and invite only. If you are not a member of THE THIRSTY MAIDEN Enjin web site,  http://www.thethirstymaiden.enjin.com/,  you will not have access to the "tavern". It is our goal to cater to the needs of the realm. We will have a live Stage room where people will be able to perform their talents, singing, playing guitar(lute) reciting poetry or story telling. Any and all performances must be based on lore as much as possible. However songs from a medieval era can be sang or played live. There will be two Game rooms/channels, one for 5 card draw and one for Hold`em. These rooms are reservation only and will require a download (pokerstars) to use. There will also be two ERP private rooms which will also need reservation. These rooms are "rentable".... Boudoir A and Boudoir B. Game and Boudoir rooms will cost bottled Energy (small amount) so you have the feeling of purchased right. As I said it is my goal to cater to ALL aspects of the realm!  Each voice "room/space/channel" will have a corresponding text channel for those who perfer to text or who do not have the ability to use voice chat, and also for those who just prefer to listen.

A door charge will be implemented in the form of  health/mana/stamina? pots.  It will be the form of currency along with energy pots (once/if energy bottling is implemented) as we are not able to exchange silver.

Heavy ERP will be allowed only in the reserved channel/room/ (Boudoir Rooms a/b text and voice). flirting and the like will be allowed everywhere, however once someone expresses any form of uncomfortability with said flirting it must cease at once with that person. General rule of thumb....if you think it would be insulting or offensive to general public, DON`T DO IT.

The Thirsty Maiden will be an adult/mature 18+ oriented atmosphere that you would expect to see in any medieval tavern. The main channel/space, "Under The Roof" will have background atmosphere sound of men and women laughing and talking with medieval music playing. The amount or level of "atmosphere" will change depending upon the amount of actual people in the tavern.  This will be at a proper volume controlled by me so as to create the atmosphere but not hinder it. An example of this is played on the Enjin site linked above. For those who perfer a voice only space the "Lounge" is a your room!

I am looking for mature, fun loving role players who can help make this idea into an reality!
If your only interest is to be a member, that is awesome and appreciated. If you are skilled in any talent such as; musician, singer, reciter, etc...and are looking for somewhere to show off your talents,(within the lore of the game ) than please let me know in the application. I plan to incorporate a wage type system for any who are under the employ of the house. This will be in the form of health pots and/or energy (if available).

I am also looking for role players who are interested in more mature themes. If this is you, please email me so we can talk about how we could implement you.
The goal for me, once again, is to cater to the many tastes and desires of the realm. A stop over for the nobility and common alike.

Obviously, the tavern is not open, but as soon as BDO launches we will be hunting for the perfect building with the space I require to bring this idea to life!
If you would like to talk more about these ideas and goals or would like to be part of the staff please let me know in the application at the website linked above. :)

May the wind be always at your back.

Mistress Aviana

Edited by Roxxx2015
7 people like this

Posted

Sounds like a cool idea. Hope to see you at launch and good luck! :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm a paranoid isolationist and don't like joining various sites, message boards, emails, and what all else.

--------

HOWEVER, it might interest you to know that there is a house in Heidel that has a basement, a first floor, and a second floor...use all three as residences and you can have a big building, though you'd have to have people go through the different doors to get to the room they wanted to go to but eh- that's just the name of the game.

If you have a co-manager who uses the same house units as such, that gives you six rooms for the theme you are going for: two upstairs rooms for bedrooms and the sort, one first floor for an entryway and one for employees (bar what all else), and two basements for storage rooms and what-all-else people use dark dungeon-esque basements for these days.

I believe there are bigger roomed houses in Calpheon, but I wouldn't know: I don't visit the City of Vultures! >:(

Edited by Rayl
Because I can.
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sounds pretty awesome! It's nice seeing more people taking a more mature path with RP.
Good luck with it :D

Edited by Arden Ammund
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Any consideration for a custom "Job Board" concept? Likely a good way to drive in consistent business, and give the more moving / shaking crowd a reason to come back for more; who knows, might even catch the interest and curiosity of those player types who might otherwise never set their proverbial feet into an RP session, once they see the same familiar and friendly faces always enjoying themselves even when not out collecting ten bear arses. ^_^

Also a good opportunity for the more hardcore homebody-inclined players to not only obtain supplies and items they may need, but do so in a way that's very respective to their roleplaying inclinations.

Edit: Almost forgot! You'll likely need a steady flow of grub, booze and.. recreational items. And perhaps some of those freelancers may feel inclined to spare you some extra muscle if ever the establishment has a need to trade the velvet glove for an iron gauntlet.

Edited by Deacon Erudite
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sounds like a cool idea. Hope to see you at launch and good luck! :D

Thank- you very much!..I hope to see you as well!

I'm a paranoid isolationist and don't like joining various sites, message boards, emails, and what all else.

--------

HOWEVER, it might interest you to know that there is a house in Heidel that has a basement, a first floor, and a second floor...use all three as residences and you can have a big building, though you'd have to have people go through the different doors to get to the room they wanted to go to but eh- that's just the name of the game.

If you have a co-manager who uses the same house units as such, that gives you six rooms for the theme you are going for: two upstairs rooms for bedrooms and the sort, one first floor for an entryway and one for employees (bar what all else), and two basements for storage rooms and what-all-else people use dark dungeon-esque basements for these days.

I believe there are bigger roomed houses in Calpheon, but I wouldn't know: I don't visit the City of Vultures! >:(

Thank you so much for your input! I am looking at Heidel for a space. I think I found one, it is located at 9,4 Heidel has three floors with a small room off each of the first two floors. Its pretty boring  though, with no fireplace.. which I really want, but it does have the space. It is located at the top of Heidel, right before you reach the top center where the big statue is. Screenshot_(89).thumb.png.2ebf2182ece661

this is the interior 1st floor(second floor looks the same)..third floor is more of a attic space.. but might be good for the Game Room.

Screenshot_(88).thumb.png.1d305aad849224

may use the two side rooms as Boudoir rooms for erp and have the "muscle" giants stand if front if there happens to be *cough* cliental in there..?

Sounds pretty awesome! It's nice seeing more people taking a more mature path with RP.
Good luck with it :D

Thank you!

My RP skills are mediocre to say the least, however after seeing how the npc`s talk , it is not an unfair assumption that people can use relatively normal speech and be comfortable being their toon. As for maturity, I am 38 years old lol, and if i`m going to RP it is certainly going to be in a way that I am comfortable with. Also , whats a tavern without some extra curricular activity going on?  My ideas for this sprang up, so to speak, after being in discord with another guild.. after realizing I could make a room for people to perform live that was separate from the rest of the space, well than my imagination went....well than....what else can i do????? Game room, semi brothel, stage, lounge (with no atmospheric sound) and a "under the roof" space for gathering in general...a little something for everyone. It is insane to expect adults to have perfectly reasonable conversation in a drinking environment without the use of swearing and flirting...its natural and necessary for the turning of the globe! I wholly expect patrons to be drinking (irl) cause I certainly will be!

You know.... I did not consider this....having beer or any other alcohol being purchased from other players is a wonderful idea!

food on the other hand, i wonder at if these would be used...would people buy (with pots) beer for drinking if not really needed...? or am I getting what your saying wrong?..The job board is also a fabulous idea!..I could incorporate this on my site as looking for staff, muscle, talent, and possibly "Thirsty" ladies and gentalmen? I am not aware if we have that option in-game, for a job board?

@Rayl The membership for the engin site is only so I have a list when launch happens to add to my friends list so when i input the people allowed in my residence/tavern on the entrance list they could enter. It also so you would be able to see when games tables have been set up, or at what times certain performers will be on stage. The discord server is so you can communicate inside the tavern. neither of these sites are guild oriented...so it will not effect any member in any way. :)

Also just for a heads up, It seems the vote for which server RP`ers should take over will be ORWEN-CALPHEON.

So this is where I will be...this is subject to change if something happens and the RP mob changes course...I`ll keep you informed!

my_image_for_websites.thumb.png.5478f67c

Mistress Aviana

Edited by Roxxx2015
2 people like this

Posted

I also do not use discord. I do things on my own terms because I am a rebel without a cause! B|
(But really I just have difficulties forming attachments with people and groups and get agitated when asked to do things, even if I wanted to do those things anyways. The mind is a strange place.)

-----------------------

• There is no job board/listing item to my knowledge, outside of maybe overhead messages when leaning or sitting but that's hilariously limited. You would have to mention ICly these things if asked, or re-directed them to your enjinn site for details about the 'job listings' board.
  • I could have sworn the building I was thinking of, with the basement, first floor, and second floor (Unless that is the house you were talking about as well...) had a fireplace on the first floor...I know it had a basement...
  • I'd say having a cook on board would be a good idea!
  • In relation to the above, using potions as currency for food seems a fair idea, especially for those who have no interest to do the cooking themselves for whatever reason.
  • Perhaps different currency items are used for different services? Though that could complicate things, but it also depends largely on the service in which you are paying for in relation to the item in which you are using as currency...also the thought of giving up 'Bottled Energy' for your ERP services amuses me on wordplay alone. Either way, this is something for you to consider before launch: Menus, services, and the going rates thereof. Best talk to your other people about that ASAP.

Posted

I also do not use discord. I do things on my own terms because I am a rebel without a cause! B|
(But really I just have difficulties forming attachments with people and groups and get agitated when asked to do things, even if I wanted to do those things anyways. The mind is a strange place.)

-----------------------

• There is no job board/listing item to my knowledge, outside of maybe overhead messages when leaning or sitting but that's hilariously limited. You would have to mention ICly these things if asked, or re-directed them to your enjinn site for details about the 'job listings' board.
  • I could have sworn the building I was thinking of, with the basement, first floor, and second floor (Unless that is the house you were talking about as well...) had a fireplace on the first floor...I know it had a basement...
  • I'd say having a cook on board would be a good idea!
  • In relation to the above, using potions as currency for food seems a fair idea, especially for those who have no interest to do the cooking themselves for whatever reason.
  • Perhaps different currency items are used for different services? Though that could complicate things, but it also depends largely on the service in which you are paying for in relation to the item in which you are using as currency...also the thought of giving up 'Bottled Energy' for your ERP services amuses me on wordplay alone. Either way, this is something for you to consider before launch: Menus, services, and the going rates thereof. Best talk to your other people about that ASAP.

Will do, thank-you very much! (bottled energy for intimacy seems proper to me) lmao!

Posted

(bottled energy for intimacy seems proper to me)

'Release your "bottled energy" and have a good time!'

--------------

...I'm going to hell, but I'm okay with that. Anywho, doubt I'd ever actually -go- to the Maiden because of sign-ups and all that, though I do naturally hope you and your people have fun! Might run into you at some point in game, who knows? (also I will find that house in-game on my headstart, pop back in to confirm house ID)

*Rides off into the sunset or something, I dunno*

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

'Release your "bottled energy" and have a good time!'

--------------

...I'm going to hell, but I'm okay with that. Anywho, doubt I'd ever actually -go- to the Maiden because of sign-ups and all that, though I do naturally hope you and your people have fun! Might run into you at some point in game, who knows? (also I will find that house in-game on my headstart, pop back in to confirm house ID)

*Rides off into the sunset or something, I dunno*

lol, I had thought of that...but without a "guest list" it makes it very difficult to keep the trolls out. I would love to have an open door option but how do I keep the griefers and inappropriate age groups out? Thanks ahead of time for your honesty and help. :)

Edited by Roxxx2015
wrong url for personal invite

Posted

lol, I had thought of that...but without a "guest list" it makes it very difficult to keep the trolls out. I would love to have an open door option but how do I keep the griefers and inappropriate age groups out? Thanks ahead of time for your honesty and help. :)

You'll never be able to keep trolls without a guest list or closed door policy. That's like saying nine-hundred peace officers can ensure safety and security within a population of over one million persons. It cannot be done.

What, then, can men do against such reckless hate? Ignore it.

Remind people via whisper to ignore trolls if they attempt to engage them. If people start getting overly agitated and detracting from the atmosphere both ICly and OOCly? Warn or remove them as appropriate. Prepare and be willing to Blacklist people, and remind people that there is a Blacklist in effect.

BDO already has the secluded house system to prevent people from running around and detracting from the atmosphere of the environment you would be making. You will need a guest list for this without a doubt, unless you can maintain a top-ranked home as far as decorating is concerned.

---------

Honestly? That's the issue with making an Open-Door policy: you'd have to maintain that housing rank. But given the overall nature of the Thirsty Maiden, which I've mentally likened somewhat to a burlesque house, I would say that the guest list makes sense in that regard. No sense worrying about my strange behavior! :D

1 person likes this

Posted

You'll never be able to keep trolls without a guest list or closed door policy. That's like saying nine-hundred peace officers can ensure safety and security within a population of over one million persons. It cannot be done.

What, then, can men do against such reckless hate? Ignore it.

Remind people via whisper to ignore trolls if they attempt to engage them. If people start getting overly agitated and detracting from the atmosphere both ICly and OOCly? Warn or remove them as appropriate. Prepare and be willing to Blacklist people, and remind people that there is a Blacklist in effect.

BDO already has the secluded house system to prevent people from running around and detracting from the atmosphere of the environment you would be making. You will need a guest list for this without a doubt, unless you can maintain a top-ranked home as far as decorating is concerned.

---------

Honestly? That's the issue with making an Open-Door policy: you'd have to maintain that housing rank. But given the overall nature of the Thirsty Maiden, which I've mentally likened somewhat to a burlesque house, I would say that the guest list makes sense in that regard. No sense worrying about my strange behavior! :D

Right, exactly my thoughts. So, having a highly decorated (being the top of the list) building gives perks? There is so much to learn!

Posted

Right, exactly my thoughts. So, having a highly decorated (being the top of the list) building gives perks? There is so much to learn!

Top rankers can be entered by anyone, yes...expect to use cash shop items for easy start-up for that...not to mention that I dunno if you can make chandeliers in-game.

Posted (edited)

i`m not sure what you can make in game.. but i know other than the lighting I really don`t like the cash shop furniture.. python ...really??..and fleece on the tables??..lolol... I wonder if there is a site to look at the actual furniture that can be crafted?

Cool Text The Thirsty Maiden 165973818912961.png

my image for websites.png

why does this happen.... i delete them and still they show up??!!  WHY!!!!

Edited by Roxxx2015
pics keep inserting...

Posted

You can buy benches, chairs, dressers, drawers, dinner tables, dinner chairs, and beds in Veila...but you gotta boost that jerk's affinity...you know what type of merchant restricts common and critical goods behind such? A poor one. ¬¬

I think other cities have different furniture in their stops but I haven't checked.

--------

(Your Maiden's pics are thirsty for attention, I guess!)

1 person likes this

Posted

Go to calpheon for furniture. Theres a ton on the north street that runs east-west.

1 person likes this

Posted

.. A fleece-covered table? Perhaps that would be a bit too public.. xD  ahem  Anyway, with regards to the custom jobs recommendation, I have yet to be fortunate enough to participate in any live gameplay, and have been holding off on purchasing the game itself until after about the first week of release, to make sure there's ample time for bug-hunts, stability testing and verification of both the integrity of the game, in the face of what happened to the Russian localization, as well as in generally making doubly sure the project isn't an unforeseen mechanical/financial failure. That said, my knowledge of in-game systems is understandably limited to what I have seen streamed from others.

As Rayl has suggested, it would indeed seem your best options would be the following:

- A steward / bard that is kept abreast of inventory needs (I merely assumed such an establishment would offer refreshment/sustenance of some sort, I am not certain to what effect these things affect one's interaction with the game world), and VIP luxury item requests (popular cosmetic / prop items that frequent customers ask for); and have this speaker weave in mention of various things a customer can do to earn rewards and favor from the establishment and its benefactors (be it merely in the form of RP recognition, or rewards/services more tangible).

- Keep an open forum at your website up to date with the most frequently available tasks.

From the sound of things, however, it seems troubling that standard currency does not appear to be exchangeable between players, and would significantly limit what could be offered in compensation for tasks to those without a vested interest in simply character development.

1 person likes this

Posted

This sounds like an awesome idea.  I'd love for my tamer to be able to drop into the tavern for a drink after that long road delivering trade goods to Heidel

Posted

.. A fleece-covered table? Perhaps that would be a bit too public.. xD  ahem  Anyway, with regards to the custom jobs recommendation, I have yet to be fortunate enough to participate in any live gameplay, and have been holding off on purchasing the game itself until after about the first week of release, to make sure there's ample time for bug-hunts, stability testing and verification of both the integrity of the game, in the face of what happened to the Russian localization, as well as in generally making doubly sure the project isn't an unforeseen mechanical/financial failure. That said, my knowledge of in-game systems is understandably limited to what I have seen streamed from others.

As Rayl has suggested, it would indeed seem your best options would be the following:

- A steward / bard that is kept abreast of inventory needs (I merely assumed such an establishment would offer refreshment/sustenance of some sort, I am not certain to what effect these things affect one's interaction with the game world), and VIP luxury item requests (popular cosmetic / prop items that frequent customers ask for); and have this speaker weave in mention of various things a customer can do to earn rewards and favor from the establishment and its benefactors (be it merely in the form of RP recognition, or rewards/services more tangible).

- Keep an open forum at your website up to date with the most frequently available tasks.

From the sound of things, however, it seems troubling that standard currency does not appear to be exchangeable between players, and would significantly limit what could be offered in compensation for tasks to those without a vested interest in simply character development.

lol, fleece covered table is part of the furniture line that is fleece offered in the cash shop. And no, there will be no offering of any sort upon the tables, with the exception of some energetic patrons and the mugs of ale!!..well.....where i can see anyway...what happens in the dark recesses when I am not looking  is solely dependent upon how lax my "muscle" is.

If I am to understand what your saying...your saying I should hire a person who advertises and keeps the books. someone who listens closely and comes back with information that would prove useful in my endeavor? It would be very helpful if they would allow us to make our own portraits for our walls as they did in AA, so than I could have retain a painter of renown to paint the portrait and display it on a wall of VIP .(very important patrons)!

This sounds like an awesome idea.  I'd love for my tamer to be able to drop into the tavern for a drink after that long road delivering trade goods to Heidel

Your tamer would be most welcome!

You can buy benches, chairs, dressers, drawers, dinner tables, dinner chairs, and beds in Veila...but you gotta boost that jerk's affinity...you know what type of merchant restricts common and critical goods behind such? A poor one. ¬¬

I think other cities have different furniture in their stops but I haven't checked.

--------

thank -you, good to know!.. I will have to search him out and get my chatter on!

Go to calpheon for furniture. Theres a ton on the north street that runs east-west.

do you know a house address that is close to it? I have been to Calpheon and do not look forward to going there again! I am after all a half elf from the country and do dislike the vastness of the city. By the way, thank-you very much for your information . It helps tremendously!

--------

are the prices insane?

Does anyone know if they offer fireplaces in the cash shop?

Posted

Does anyone know if they offer fireplaces in the cash shop?

Never trust Calpheon, City of Vultures! >:(

(but no it has the best furniture. Veilian furnitura, furniture from Veila, is nice and simple).

-Fireplaces are built into the home itself and are not something that can be purchase. You can, however, purchase things than can provide light like chandeliers...and I think maybe the cooking tool gives some...?

1 person likes this

Posted

Hmm.. not off the top of my head. Theres about 10 merchants or so on that street.

Posted

Never trust Calpheon, City of Vultures! >:(

(but no it has the best furniture. Veilian furnitura, furniture from Veila, is nice and simple).

-Fireplaces are built into the home itself and are not something that can be purchase. You can, however, purchase things than can provide light like chandeliers...and I think maybe the cooking tool gives some...?

Total shame, mayhap they will implement it into crafting or in the cash shop if people make big enough noise?

Hmm.. not off the top of my head. Theres about 10 merchants or so on that street.

Ok I`ll go have a gander at these said merchants, mayhap they have what I need.... I have a vision of being completely broke for the first bit of the game!!

Posted

Ok I`ll go have a gander at these said merchants, mayhap they have what I need.... I have a vision of being completely broke for the first bit of the game!!

Well...guess you're gonna have to find a way to raise some money... ;)

...Keep your business afloat...

------------

But yeah, You'll have to find a house with a built-in fireplace. I KNOW there's a house in Veila that has a living room (w/fireplace), an adjacent room, a stairwell, then a cellar with fireplace.

Posted

Great idea! I am heading to the Enjin site now to sign up. :D

Posted (edited)

Well...guess you're gonna have to find a way to raise some money... ;)

...Keep your business afloat...

------------

But yeah, You'll have to find a house with a built-in fireplace. I KNOW there's a house in Veila that has a living room (w/fireplace), an adjacent room, a stairwell, then a cellar with fireplace.

Yes I`ve seen that house  and it was on my list of maybes for just that reason. But considering the space i am going to need

Great idea! I am heading to the Enjin site now to sign up. :D

I have excepted you :), please see your enjin messages and WELCOME! 

THE THIRSTY MAIDEN CODE OF CONDUCT

I8hk70o.png

THE THIRSTY MAIDEN WELCOMES YOU WHOLE HEARTEDLY.

REST, RELAXATION AND MANY FORMS OF ENTERTAINMENT AWAIT YOU.

ADDRESS: 9.4 Hiedel

WE WILL BE ON THE ORWEN-CALPHEON SERVER

CODE OF CONDUCT

OPPOSITE SEX CHARACTERS

Playing an opposite sex character, though fun, has a very disconcerting feeling when your vocals do not match what the person conversing with you is seeing. If indeed you happen to be one of those people who is of the opposite sex of you character, than you will only be able to chat in the corresponding text channel to the voice channel you are listening to. 

EX. "Under The Roof- IC"  {voice channel} - "#under the roof-ic" {text chat}

FOLLOWING THE GAME LORE

• The lore in BDO is of yet pretty vague. There is a history available , you will find it under "LORE" in the forum. This history is just that, a history...you are required to stay within the bounds of said history while having IC conversations in text or voice.  That being said, You have full creative power of your character.  Adding things like  YOUR FAMILY  saved your home community from the Black plague because of an ancient herbal recipe is likely not going to fly. But saying YOUR FAMILY survived mostly intact due to measures taken to isolate them would be more than fine.READ the game lore, pay attention to what the npc`s are saying and watch how the npc`s speak. All of these things will help you fit your character into the game with little seams!

OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE
"Offensive language, it`s a goddamn Tavern"! Concurred!
 However there are certain words that we will not allow to be texted or spoken as we find they are universally unacceptable and highly offensive. These are as follows:

This list will be updated when necessary. Any use of these words by themselves or inside a phrase will be dealt with harshly. Obviously, in "private rooms", ERP voice/text - (Boudoir)..what you say and do in these spaces for the allotted time you paid for is completely up to you and completely private. "Please don`t burn down my tavern"
Swearing/cursing/foul language are all normal aspects of being inside an adult oriented atmosphere, I will make a post of Medieval curse words for those of you like me, wish to have the assumed atmosphere of BDO. 
EX.  "Ya sardin' fob"! -translated- "you f----ing liar"! Rule of thumb....If ya think the general public going to be offended by a word or phrase your about to use, DONT USE IT. 

-----, -----, -----, Slut, -----, Dyke,

VOCAL  RPing
As I myself am not an avid role player and quite honestly very new to it, I wanted to set the expectations as to what I,  as the house Mistress/Proprietor, expect from my members. 
As stated above, I think speaking in your normal voice and with generally normal language is perfectly fine. There are a lot of hardcore role players who go as far as to learn an Elven tongue, speak in Old English or something of the like and also speak in accent. If you have this ability, I , and I`m sure the other members of the tavern, would enjoy this profusely! However, please do not expect that everyone will reciprocate this talent. Role playing is a nervous sort of thing and to anyone new at it, it becomes a brand new world that they must learn. So it is  my goal to make this new world something they can merge into with relative ease. If you refrain from using popular slang and replace this with normal speech It will be excepted. Below some examples of hello and goodbye.
EX. "Wuz Up" > "Greetings, Good-day, Hail, Good Morrow", etc - "See ya later" > "Farewell, Fare thee well, Elion be with you, Maker keep you (for non dominion faith), Be well, etc. I will have more examples for you to use if you so choose under Role Playing in the forum.

CHARACTER ALTS
When you have registered and become a member of The Thirsty Maiden you will not have to do so again with any of your alternate characters. On the website you will NOT need to upload a profile of your in-game character. You may use whatever image and name you prefer. However once on the Discord server you will be REQUIRED to use the image of your character and their in-game name. If and when you want to bring an alternate character into the tavern, the same rules apply. You will need to change the image and name for that character. This is also how you will be addressed. More on this can be found in the forum under Discord-Where all the fun happens.

This is a work in progress, please come back often to check for updates.

Mistress Aviana

Top rankers can be entered by anyone, yes...expect to use cash shop items for easy start-up for that...not to mention that I dunno if you can make chandeliers in-game.

This suddenly just hit me....so if my tavern is highly decorated my member list (friends) won`t matter? People will still be able to get in off the street?

Edited by Roxxx2015