• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

5 posts in this topic

Posted

The hotbar doesn't change visually to reflect what you have bound your keys to, so you just have to remember, do some moves and figure it out, or open the menu and look at what you bound your keys to. Also, the in game menu tutorials don't reflect what you have bound your keys to either, which can actually lead to a lot of frustration.  Another issue that frustrated me for 3 minutes, because I just couldn't believe it and I kept trying to get it to work like an insane person, was that you cannot bind = and - (naga mouse), which are probably my two most used buttons on my mouse (besides obviously L/R click)... I just rebound them to letters O and P on my mouse controls... but still, why can't you bind those?  I don't need my health over my head all the time either, it is fine having my health and mana bars below me above my hotkeys, the health bar above my head, especially when it's always red, is very annoying, I figured out how to disable and just show the bars below at all times thankfully.  The UI out of the box is a bit cluttered and not very "clean" at all, you can fix it up a bit with in-game options, but new users should not have to go through that, the UI should have the cleanest, friendliest and most visually appealing look out of the box, the user should be able to add features (currently standard), such as healthbars above their own head and a combo/action helper that's always right next to your character (maybe just move that thing to some part of the screen so it doesn't break immersion, but you can still glance at it).  For a game that is so visually stunning, and with combat so fluid, with a world so immersive, a cluttered UI has the potential to have a seriously negative effect on the overall experience.  From what I gathered playing the beta, this game is probably going to be a fantastic experience, I just wanted to point out, what are to me, obvious issues with the UI... maybe they figure it's so easy to clean up they'll just do it at the last minute before official launch... I really hope so, a UI is very much preference, and you should have options to add info to your screen, but I believe a minimalist approach out of the box would be the most appealing to more players, and would really help your player base... plus, the UI is really the main thing people resort to when trying to trash your game... because everything else seems pretty darn fantastic so far.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would agree whole-heartedly on this issue.  I was very disappointed when I saw how limited remapping was.  I hoped that I would be able to change not only the "key" but also the "modifier" .  There are so many skills and skill combos, I would like to get the ones I like using the same things - or as close to that.  Not sure I'm making a good description for y'all.....

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Makes perfect sense to me Zeelatazi.  You should be able to change any function to any key you want with no restrictions... also, it's a bit baffling to me, why there is no option to add combat text (not out of the box, just enable it).

Edited by Baronjager

Posted

There's an option in the game settings for the hotbars to visually represent your keybindigns and I was really happy when I found it. You can see ot in this screenshot how it looks like when turned on. With this option on you can move every hotbar button individually. You can also put 10 more hotbar buttons on the UI by dragging icons from the skill window or items from your inventory.

I have to agree, the other issues are really bothering me too - tutorials not reflecting custom keybindings, unbindable keys (especially the ones on the numeric keypad and the section above the directional buttons). This really hurts lefties or people who don't like to use the standard WASD settings.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I found the option you speak of Nentha, it is located in Settings->Game->Select "Use Custom Quickslot".  Thank you so much, that is very helpful.

Edited by Baronjager
1 person likes this