• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What people don't realize when they say KR/RU version has cheaper Cash Shops, is, they have SUBSCRIPTION

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I went to research about the RU version, and realize they have "Premium accounts".
If you buy the preorder you get "30 days" of "Premium Account".
This basically means you have to pay for a "subscription" if you want to continue to have "some benefits" in the RU version of the game.

In NA/EU version, there's no such thing as Premium Accounts, which is why the Cash Shop is somewhat more expensive.

Am I right?  。◕‿‿◕。

Edited by Baby Mamegoma

Posted

Do more research and you will see that this sub comes with a lot of benefits too.

Posted

It's a p2w sub that's why we don't have

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

In NA/EU version, there's no such thing as Premium Accounts *YET*, which is why the Cash Shop is somewhat more expensive.

Fixed it for you.

Seriously judging by the way they are handling and leaving ends open l am pretty confident they will drop no trade of cash shop items on AH in a few months and turn the game into F2P. 

The moment they removed Dye Vendor NPC from the game, was the moment l lost my faith in DAUM. That was a really shit move on their end.

Edited by Mynban
1 person likes this

Posted

Fixed it for you.

Seriously judging by the way they are handling and leaving ends open l am pretty confident they will drop no trade of cash shop items on AH in a few months and turn the game into F2P. 

Actually, I am confident they won't do this, because this combined with no P2P, has been in KR/RU for over a year, and it's working very well to keep out gold sellers and bots.

Its preserving the game environment in a very good way which no other game can do.

Posted

Actually, I am confident they won't do this, because this combined with no P2P, has been in KR/RU for over a year, and it's working very well to keep out gold sellers and bots.

Its preserving the game environment in a very good way which no other game can do.

You either misunderstood what l said or you have no idea how KR/RU versions work.

ln KR/RU pretty much all cash shop items CAN be sold on AH. And the way l see this our version will go free to play and open cash shop item sales on AH in a few months.

Posted

You either misunderstood what l said or you have no idea how KR/RU versions work.

ln KR/RU pretty much all cash shop items CAN be sold on AH. And the way l see this our version will go free to play and open cash shop item sales on AH in a few months.

Oooh i see, i get what you mean now. Actually I'm fine with this even, as long as they keep the No-P2P lock on, forever.

Posted

Oooh i see, i get what you mean now. Actually I'm fine with this even, as long as they keep the No-P2P lock on, forever.

Well it pretty much turns the game into a solid P2W as you can dish out 500$ on cash shop, sell those stuff and buy a max enchanted gear. l probably would not play here if and when that happens. Way better to play RU P2P server with VPN.

Posted

Well it pretty much turns the game into a solid P2W as you can dish out 500$ on cash shop, sell those stuff and buy a max enchanted gear. l probably would not play here if and when that happens. Way better to play RU P2P server with VPN.

Yeap, you're right, but still, this is among players. This to me is very important.
The money goes to the developer for improving the game further. No gold seller will dish money on the cash shop and do this, that's for sure.

In a way, I'm fine with this too man.

Posted

Shhh People still wont listen to reason.

tumblr_nq75xqBoNq1qfyjoto5_400.gif

Or better yet. They wont listen. 

l4KhXmdfBDvOsBCAo.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, no. If they added this sub model then it'll break the games balance 

Posted (edited)

Even without the subscription they Daum is trying to charge more in certain cases.

The Korean FTP version of BDO by Pearl Abyss has prices very similar to the NA/EU BDO.  You can find out that information here and the prices listed are without a subscription discount.

The real kick in the groin is when you think about why the FTP version by Pearl Abyss is so expensive.

Pearl Abyss had to cover the initial cost of the games development.  Pearl Abyss has to cover the cost of every outfit they design and every cash shop asset.  Pearl Abyss is also making profits and the sales of every item in the cash shop has already covered that items cost in development.

yet... we have Daum over here not only charging us a box price of 30 dollars, they are also trying to charge us as much as Pearl Abyss's FTP version.

Why is Daum trying to charge as much as Pearl Abyss when Daum is just licensing the title?  Daum is not paying artists and developers to come up with items in the cash shop or new expansions or even classes.

So why are they trying to charge the NA/EU the same, if not higher prices, then the KR FTP version?

I understand that a company needs to earn revenue, but just think about before you hit the Buy button in the cash shop.  Do you really want to support a company that is charging you the same if not more than Pearl Abyss?

Edited by illgot

Posted

Fixed it for you.

The moment they removed Dye Vendor NPC from the game, was the moment l lost my faith in DAUM. That was a really shit move on their end.

didn't you read the dev Q&A ? you will probably be able to get basic dyes without buying though the shop.

Posted (edited)

The money goes to the developer for improving the game further.

The money goes to the publisher, Daum. The developers back at Pearl Abyss are probably paid on a fixed salary from the license they sold to Daum. Maybe they get a bonus if Daum does well, but I somehow doubt it. 

Edited by BurningBern

Posted

To prevent forum clutter, please direct  this discussion to the following thread.