• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[POLL] Your favorite single aspect of PvP

Type   411 votes

1. 1. Type

• Ranked 1v1 Arenas
    • Friendly 1v1 Duels
    • Open World Griefing/Ganking (Free for all)
    • Open World Flag System (Both parties must be flagged)
    • Competitive Instanced Team PvP (5v5 / 8v8 / 10v10 / ETC)
    • Open World Siege/Raid Style w/ Unlimited Participation (Zerg/Etc)
    • Balanced Limited Siege/Raid Style w/ Both Sides Having Equal Numbers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

198 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This might prove interesting to see what the most important part of pvp is to this community.

Replies:

Except it's not, and you would know it if you had more than WoW as an MMO experience under your carebear belt.

But i know very well it's absolutely pointless to argue with your kind.

28-fingers-in-ears.thumb.jpg.e12a9d4df09

Ready to feel dumb? well dumber than you already do? K ;)

I have been pvping in pretty much every mmo since ~1997 starting with UO.

I have ganked people, griefed people, and heavily participated in everything PvP related on my list for nearly 20 years in mmos (typing that made me feel old).

The only reason anyone ever wants "open free for all" is to grief people, feel superior, and really in the end just bully them. As I said, I used to do it during my early days being 15-18 years old when we started with pvp in ultima. There is no arguement to be made any other way around it. There is no *real* satisfaction in killing someone that doesnt fight back, and not only fight back but put forth a challenge to where you have a chance to lose as well. When you are fighting people on equal ground/skill, the victory is a LOT more satisfying.

Edited by Demise
1 person likes this

Posted

Your favorite single aspect of PvP

The PvE aspect. 

10 people like this

Posted

The PvE aspect. 

I laughed.....

Posted

I'm sorry but could you explain to me how banditery/PK got summarized under the FFA/griefing banner ?

Man i'm so sick of this nonsense.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm sorry but could you explain to me how banditery/PK got summarized under the FFA/griefing banner ?

Man i'm so sick of this nonsense.

Thats all it is, no matter how you want to dress it up.

Anyway just a poll, to see what most of the ppl think.

4 people like this

Posted

Thats all it is, no matter how you want to dress it up.

Anyway just a poll, to see what most of the ppl think.

Except it's not, and you would know it if you had more than WoW as an MMO experience under your carebear belt.

Posted

Ganking is not griefing.  Biased poll is biased.

6 people like this

Posted

Ganking is not griefing.  Biased poll is biased.

Theme park poll

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lol that conversation made me think of a very important one that is missing - the rage.

I swear its contagious.  Anyhoo - My vote is for 1:1 cause they are fun followed by the zerg because we roll deep, so deep..It's going down in this bish, concrete....We gon' party all night: no sleep.  Tell the owner them is all my guys. So tonight everything is on me.

No driving, no sleeping
Live it up like it's the weekend
When the dj play the right song
Gon' drink, gon' party all night long
Party all day, party all night
Say you wanna party

Let's party alright

Edited by Trixologist

Posted

My favorite is actually small group pvp whether it be instanced or open world but that wasn't an option so I voted for the obviously biased griefing option.

Posted (edited)

Ready to feel dumb? well dumber than you already do? K ;)

I have been pvping in pretty much every mmo since ~1997 starting with UO.

I have ganked people, griefed people, and heavily participated in everything PvP related on my list for nearly 20 years in mmos (typing that made me feel old).

The only reason anyone ever wants "open free for all" is to grief people, feel superior, and really in the end just bully them. As I said, I used to do it during my early days being 15-18 years old when we started with pvp in ultima. There is no arguement to be made any other way around it. There is no *real* satisfaction in killing someone that doesnt fight back, and not only fight back but put forth a challenge to where you have a chance to lose as well. When you are fighting people on equal ground/skill, the victory is a LOT more satisfying.

Edited by Demise
7 people like this

Posted

Anything that does not involve me directly in any way.

Posted

i love open world without flagging...don't wanna get pked? don't be out there....what makes it even better tho is great risk/reward. Always hated mmos where you kill someone in open world and get a couple points or nothing. IMO you should drop wealth/items on death (if you are flagged as dangerous) like our karma stystem...i heard you could drop gems/armor/items but not in NA/EU so im sad :(

Posted

Our kind...

It's always funny as hell to watch your kind get all butthurt when you find not everyone shares your warped view of what a game should or shouldn't be. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Our kind...

It's always funny as hell to watch your kind get all butthurt when you find not everyone shares your warped view of what a game should or shouldn't be. 

What I said was all the truth, from someone who used to do that junk to people. Has a LOT to do with lack of maturity/age thing everyone goes through. Guess what you find worthwhile and fun changes as ya get old.

Posted

The sweet salty tears of others for when I kill them for no reason, simple as that.

Posted

The sweet salty tears of others for when I kill them for no reason, simple as that.

At least you are honest about it...as I said, I used to do it back then for the same reason. Guessing you are in the 17-23 range out of curiosity?

Posted (edited)

Little bit older than that age range, besides basing one's characteristic off of their play style is silly.

Edited by srifenbyxp

Posted

Little bit older than that, besides basing one's characteristic off of their play style is silly.

Not really. It tends to be more deep seated than most want to admit. As shown, some grow out of it, some don't.

Posted

I don't intend on breaching the pvp level cap, so I will stay out of your pvp arena.  

Instead I'll be focused on:

• Managing 6-8 different farms for growing food and Herbs.
  • Cooking all the food for people to buy on the market.
  • Diving into Alchemy for the potions you may want for your buffs.
  • I'll be working on crafting armor and weapons eventually too.
  • Tame / Breed a bunch of horses for you all to bid on.  Not sure about this one yet.
  • Depending on the cash shop, I will be crafting fishing boats and horse carriages.
  • Crafting up the items to attach to the horses and the boats (Saddles and stuff).
  • Fishing will of course take up a whole heap of time to finance the above.
  • Really looking forward to playing with the hunting too, shooting whales and crocodiles looked like a blast.
  • Then when I feel like a break from this, I'll to trade runs for a leg stretch.

You may see me out in the world gathering items needed for these tasks, I'll drop a wave and a smile whilst you all kill each other.

I was going to vote in the poll, but got sad when I didn't see the 'not joining pvp' option, I like polls :(

Posted

I guess it's... latest?cb=20151216102034&path-prefix=sup

Posted

Little bit older than that, besides basing one's characteristic off of their play style is silly.

Not really, no different than using anything else to deduce things about people.

Certain types of people are attracted to certain things more often than not.

Could of easily made a pve type poll and split them into to types as well.

Posted

Its getting spicy man.

daaaaamn.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't intend on breaching the pvp level cap, so I will stay out of your pvp arena.  

Instead I'll be focused on:

• Managing 6-8 different farms for growing food and Herbs.
  • Cooking all the food for people to buy on the market.
  • Diving into Alchemy for the potions you may want for your buffs.
  • I'll be working on crafting armor and weapons eventually too.
  • Tame / Breed a bunch of horses for you all to bid on.  Not sure about this one yet.
  • Depending on the cash shop, I will be crafting fishing boats and horse carriages.
  • Crafting up the items to attach to the horses and the boats (Saddles and stuff).
  • Fishing will of course take up a whole heap of time to finance the above.
  • Really looking forward to playing with the hunting too, shooting whales and crocodiles looked like a blast.
  • Then when I feel like a break from this, I'll to trade runs for a leg stretch.

You may see me out in the world gathering items needed for these tasks, I'll drop a wave and a smile whilst you all kill each other.

I was going to vote in the poll, but got sad when I didn't see the 'not joining pvp' option, I like polls :(

I'll be joining you.

Posted

As balanced as possible siege- or otherwise territory-related PvP. I don't mind zergs, but I won't be participating in one on the side of the zerg.

Instanced battlegrounds and arenas are the worst content, absolute death knell of MMOs for me.

But any kind of PvP gear (winning "special" PvP gear from PvP that have PvP-only stats and divorcing the PvP from the game) is when I will straight up quit without even trying, that shit is videogame tubercolosis.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0