• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gear or Skill Based?

283 posts in this topic

Posted

You know just as well as I do that anarchy will come down to the biggest zerg/most no-lifers aggressive guild dominating and hammering down every single nail brave or stupid enough to get out of complete submission. And in time they will just get bored and leave too. No, not "everyone will have fun". I stopped buying "you will have fun if you only try XYZ" every guy I had a drink with was trying to sell me a long time ago. I know what I have fun with and I know what I dont have fun with and I am sure majority of potential BDO players are not some confused kids not to know exactly what is fun for them. You will not persuade anyone with "its fun for me so it has to be fun for you too".

I have no problem with PvP, but I have respect and understanding for those who find no thrill in being hunted nor hunting and I dont think its fair to convert them into prey exclusively. There are different types of players hyped for this game and we should find a way to coexist not just go each one after our own selfish little goals. 

Zerg guilds are only good at one thing, throwing numbers.  The universal truth in every MMO ever created is if your answer to losing fights is not to get better but to throw more numbers at them?  Be prepared to lose, and lose hard.  Those individuals only create power vacuums for the short term until everyone gets tired of fighting pure numbers based fights and wiping floors with them.  The bigger concern is a gear or equipment gap that would create a situation where such "correction" by more skilled groups could not occur (IE.  5 skilled people focus fire 1 out of the 20 that are chasing them, gear gap exists and he cannot die in a few seconds [10+], hello numbers >skill, and the death of the game).  The problem you are discussing has nothing to do with lowered karma results, and everything to do with gear based mmos and peoples inability to learn to fight on their own and simply wanting to "win" being the death of pvp.

This action you describe was tried in mmos in which literally no karma system existed, no flagging system, and no penalties on death (again im not arguing for this, simply an example) such as SB, and UO (for a time) and it was always the smaller more skilled guilds or groups of players that came out on top.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Playing BNS atm. Afk Arena, KFM platinum. 

Starting to get boring, so ill buy Black desert.

Black desert is 100 times better than blade and soul. If you want everyone to have the same gear as you.

Literally same weapon and jewelry....

Bdo should make the enchant stats gain more linear from +1-20 tho.

Not balanced at +1-15, and past +16-20 op.

And they need to remove/change the RNG.

Thats the only prob.

But then..

there will still be ppl, "why cant I kill him with +18 and Hes +20, not fair. because im a pro pvper and hes a nolifer pve why do I lose, nerf more pls. 

if someone can cap +20 then what makes you unable to? To skilled to farm?

in a pve players eyes YOU are the unskilled one. People who never aim for maxed gear will never get maxed.. Cause there will always be new patches, even if you are maxed at 20. There will be 30-40.

there is pvp skilled players and pve skilled players. In BDO you simply needs both.

Edited by Lizhen

Posted

I don't think we'll be seeing Zerg guilds here since the cap is at 100 members.

Posted

Being that I've yet to play this game, for those who have, would this game be considered skill based or gear based? Will the determining factor in PvP be based on the equipment the player is currently wearing or that said players keyboard and mouse skill?

The game is pretty dependent on both tbh. You can out-gear someone but if they are better than you they can outplay, while at the same time if you have no gear it doesn't matter how good you are, you wont do any damage.

Posted

The game is pretty dependent on both tbh. You can out-gear someone but if they are better than you they can outplay, while at the same time if you have no gear it doesn't matter how good you are, you wont do any damage.

I guess you haven't seen those videos on youtube, where one guy kites down 50 ppl with 1 skill.... Where's skill in it, outplay, in 1 skill? ..... 

Putting that aside... after reading so much bullshit from people promoting +20 gear and how's the game not for everyone... I mean what the ----- are these no life trash scared of? no offence but, what's wrong with cap on +15 gear? IF you are a god in pvp, owning your opponent with the same gear shouldn't be a problem. And even so, let's say for example, imo if balanced +20 gear gave you like 10-20% bonus to damage compared to lower +15 gear, that itself should be enough for dominating. But right now +1 means a world of difference. 

Obviously some people don't have anything better to do in their life, expect  to grind 24/7 mobs. But not everyone is like that and if the game want to survive it needs players, all kinds of them. This logic is just one straight path to an end, and I'm on 90% positive,unless something will be done about gear balancing and cap,  that  this whole hype will end up same way as Tera did. 

I personally see no honor, nor enjoyment in ruining someones day while he can't even scratch you. And after some time, when due to this many players will leave, I wonder how this whole open world pvp etc. will do. 

I bought the 100 euro version but somehow starting to regret it. 

Posted

Being that I've yet to play this game, for those who have, would this game be considered skill based or gear based? Will the determining factor in PvP be based on the equipment the player is currently wearing or that said players keyboard and mouse skill?

Both.

Posted

I guess you haven't seen those videos on youtube, where one guy kites down 50 ppl with 1 skill.... Where's skill in it, outplay, in 1 skill? ..... 

Link the vids if it's the hurrdurr 1vs50 ranger one you automatically lost that arguement.

Posted

Ok explain to me how I've lost that argument ?  Guy kills 3 ppl on 1 aoe, everyone else dies in 1-2 sec? Or are you even denying that such absurdity is part of game ? Also try to deny, that  someone with gear +15 cant even hit +17 geared person and so on.