• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Let's Make a PVP Server

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

First of all sorry for my english but it isn't my mother language.

As far as we know at the release there gonna be 2 servers with 9 channles like during the CBT2 Servers Release

So let's try to not split PVP guilds in 2 different servers with all the issue there gonna be in the long term.

I wanna make a list so please if u are GM of PVP guild answer this post and i gonna edit the post to have a proper list of guilds!

Rememebr 1 thing, doesn't matter if we don't know the names yet. Because there gonna be 2 servers Name A with channel "a#1 b#1..." and server 2 with channel ending with #2 so just make a choice and let's make a nice pvp server

U don't need to know the name of the server to chose.U just want to decide if server #1 or #2

Alustine

•  

Jordine

Edited by Davjen
1 person likes this

Posted

We will prob do thesame like we did in CBT2 

Paterno

SERVER 1 

but if i see most competetive guilds going to server 2 we will be heading there then to aswell

Posted

First of all sorry for my english but it isn't my mother language.

As far as we know at the release there gonna be 2 servers with 9 channles like during the CBT2 Servers Release

So let's try to not split PVP guilds in 2 different servers with all the issue there gonna be in the long term.

I wanna make a list so please if u are GM of PVP guild answer this post and i gonna edit the post to have a proper list of guilds!

Rememebr 1 thing, doesn't matter if we don't know the names yet. Because there gonna be 2 servers Name A with channel "a#1 b#1..." and server 2 with channel ending with #2 so just make a choice and let's make a nice pvp server

U don't need to know the name of the server to chose.U just want to decide if server #1 or #2

SERVER 1

SERVER 2

The servers changed positions depending on population..... sometimes Jordine was on top and sometimes alustin was on top..... so no.... saying server 1 or server 2 won't help....

if you want to know where all the big guilds will be going i suggest you join the BDO EU Guild Discord... there're 19 or so GM's on there from all the big guilds.... Avalon and Grind to Soulslayers and Nifilheim

1 person likes this

Posted

The servers changed positions depending on population..... sometimes Jordine was on top and sometimes alustin was on top..... so no.... saying server 1 or server 2 won't help....
if you want to know where all the big guilds will be going i suggest you join the BDO EU Guild Discord... there're 19 or so GM's on there from all the big guilds.... Avalon and Grind to Soulslayers and Nifilheim

u didn't noticed that all the server got channel wnding with #1 or #2 wasn't for the position of the server >: u should have seen the server on top with channel ending #2 that's why i'm talking about server #1 or #2 and not "server on top and server below"

Posted

u didn't noticed that all the server got channel wnding with #1 or #2 wasn't for the position of the server >: u should have seen the server on top with channel ending #2 that's why i'm talking about server #1 or #2 and not "server on top and server below"

Valid point but still better using server names... as i have heard of a few people who accidentally connected to NA and only realised because they couldn't see Alustin.... they could see Edan and i think Ormhe or somehting... both also had calpheon #1 and #2.... so as i said better to use names of servers... don't want people who make a small mistake when first connecting to the game being set behind because we weren't bothered to give the server a name :)

Posted

Great Idea!!

97EEXLJ.thumb.jpg.c8de26427a6441ae10543e

Posted

Just FYI, this never works. Don't want to be a negative nancy (more like a regular nancy) but I've seen this exact thread in all the other MMOs I've played and it always ends up in 25% of the guilds that respond being dragonfly guilds that are gone in a month, 25% changing their mind at the last moment, 25% really just want to be on servers with PvE players for ganking, while 25% actually come through and end up being lonely zerg guilds.

The most competitive servers I've seen have had no pre-launch collusion.

Though in this game there are only 2 (thought they changed it to 3 now?) choices so it may be less of a problem. But I think the servers will be more or less the same.

Posted

Great Idea!!

97EEXLJ.thumb.jpg.c8de26427a6441ae10543e

Big fish, small pond eh? :D I like you

Posted

Just FYI, this never works. Don't want to be a negative nancy (more like a regular nancy) but I've seen this exact thread in all the other MMOs I've played and it always ends up in 25% of the guilds that respond being dragonfly guilds that are gone in a month, 25% changing their mind at the last moment, 25% really just want to be on servers with PvE players for ganking, while 25% actually come through and end up being lonely zerg guilds.

Though in this game there are only 2 (thought they changed it to 3 now?) choices so it may be less of a problem. But I think the servers will be more or less the same.

A man can dream.

In all seriousness though, there will be TWO Servers. Surely we can arrange something.

Posted

this won't work just alone because some guilds already know each other from other games and will try to avoid each other.

Posted (edited)

The problem with this is always the same - 90% of the guilds that will sign up for this and call themselves 'pvp guilds' are just mindless zergs. Just look at Dahuta in ArcheAge, nothing but zerging - Soul Slayers, Metatrone, Iron, Prets, Futilez etc etc etc.

Edited by miri

Posted

this won't work just alone because some guilds already know each other from other games and will try to avoid each other.

Can all the doomsday sayers please leave this thread? This is not the place for your pessimism. 

The problem with this is always the same - 90% of the guilds that will sign up for this and call themselves 'pvp guilds' are just mindless zergs. Just look at Dahuta in ArcheAge, nothing but zerging - Soul Slayers, Metatrone, Iron, Prets, Futilez etc etc etc.

Even if it's like that, I'd rather end up fighting a huge zerg, then sitting on a dead server.

Posted

Big fish, small pond eh? :D I like you

im creating a PK guild anyways, Im a mother-----ing piranhia in that pond! and i'm hungry! :P 

Posted

so what u are telling me that if big guilds (100+ people) fights that thats not PvP? or what? so I guess we should stop playing mmo's because numbers arent the same like in arenas... get the hell out of here with your logic.

Posted

so what u are telling me that if big guilds (100+ people) fights that thats not PvP? or what? so I guess we should stop playing mmo's because numbers arent the same like in arenas... get the hell out of here with your logic.

No, I'm saying that when a massive amount of those kind of guilds converge on one server - and Dahuta was a good example of that - they tend to do little else than make it a shitty environment for everyone else. Steamrolling over 10 people with 100 isn't fun for either side. What's even less fun for either side is when every PvP event or hot spot is overrun with these massive zergs. I mean it was so bad on Dahuta that the entire server lagged during some PvP events.

No need to be so defensive. I want to see a diverse PvP scene, from soloers to small groups, large ones and even big blob guilds. What I don't want to see is every single massive guild on the same server because it's been proven time after time in various games to be bad for everyone.

Posted

Black Desert guilds are limited to 100 players. There is no Zerg in Black Desert. 100 x 100 is a fair fight.

The 100 member cap will definitely help, and I'm glad to see it personally (for selfish reasons, I prefer small scale to large scale PvP), but it's pretty self evident that imbalances will happen regardless. I'm all for that, and I'm not saying that I simply don't want to see zerging. I'd rather not, but I accept it as a part of any healthy PvP server - which, like I said earlier, should cater to all playstyles. All I'm saying is all the huge guilds on one server is a bad thing, not only for PvP on that server but for the population/health of the other.

Posted

Black Desert guilds are limited to 100 players. There is no Zerg in Black Desert. 100 x 100 is a fair fight.

lol 100 x 100 doesnt help to prevent zergs.

even if it was 50 in a guild zergs will still apper.

also what is been said on stream. there might come and alliance option so you can ally your self in like say Siege wars so when you enter siege you dont kill allys by mistake

Posted

lol 100 x 100 doesnt help to prevent zergs.

even if it was 50 in a guild zergs will still apper.

also what is been said on stream. there might come and alliance option so you can ally your self in like say Siege wars so when you enter siege you dont kill allys by mistake

And that would be retarded if they implement a system like that....

You go from guild strenght / tactics to who have the biggest blob.

Its ok to form an alliance but it should be coordinated and never should they turn off "friendly" fire as that will insta kill the fun of sieges :( 

Posted

Hi Miri!  Pandemic best zerg.

Posted

I think this is a really good idea. PvP server will attract PvP players and Guilds.

Black Desert is really big, there are 2 Caste, 2 Territory and around 30 Nodes to fight over. Every TOP guild will aim for Castles and Territories, and Average will fight among them selves on Node wars.

It would just be really sad to See when GRIND and FUtilez - each get a castle, and Niflheim and IRON - get a territory and it's game over, because the other TOP guilds went to a different server to also sit on the Castles.

We need every PvP guild to be on the same server so they can challenge this TOP guilds. Else everyone will lose.

I heared trough the cracks of the castle walls some whispers of guilds already making alliances :P 

My gues is no guild can be strong enough with +15 as max weapon enchantment to dominate a siege.

When you get targeted by 2 or even 3 guilds its gameover as you  are constandly forced in defensive mode at your siege tent / tower while main alliance guilds have their hands free to progress in the siege.

For now FUtilez remains 100% neutral to every guild and just want to pvp and have as much fun as posible, but when sieges start and we become a primary target for any alliance / guilds we will make sure that alliance / guild is going to get a insanly hard time as we will make sure they will be our primary target from that point forward with no backing off.

At that stage we dont even care if we dont get the castle claim anymore and just focus on preventing those who focused us to claim anything and this continues to daily quests / bosses / grind spots etc etc.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend :P  

Politics and betrayal are part of this game, but a guild who's word means nothing gets nothing done.

It will be interesting to see how such things play out over time.

I hope the meta game will be as good as Eve Online as that was hands down the most awesome mmo i ever played.

I hope merc guilds might become a thing in the future to, Pandemic Legion in Eve Online is one of the most feared alliance ingame and can be hired to evict / harras other alliances.

Would be damn awesome to have something similar in BDO !

And good to see you back Phantom !!! we missed you ffs :P  

4 days left until launch. You guys onboard for making a PvP server?

Yes but nothing set in stone yet.

We are on Discord Phantom !!! come join that shit bro lol :D 

http://discord.me/bdo

Posted

Hi Miri!  Pandemic best zerg.

Suuup. Yeah they were a joke. Terrible decision joining them, swayed by the stories spun by certain people about how good they were and the videos they made from CBT. There was a few good players but 90% were just bad. Who are you playing with in BDO? See you in game. :)

Posted

Suuup. Yeah they were a joke. Terrible decision joining them, swayed by the stories spun by certain people about how good they were and the videos they made from CBT. There was a few good players but 90% were just bad. Who are you playing with in BDO? See you in game. :)

Yeah, glad i stole the 200 tradepacks off their guild house :D I'm playing with grind.

Posted

Bump

Posted

It worked in blade & soul.

howeve the community in black desert is quite more toxic so im not sure.

Posted

howeve the community in black desert is quite more toxic so im not sure.

Kek, I dont think so.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0