• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Witch/Wizard Awakening

372 posts in this topic

Posted

What do you think it is? Or, what you think would be awesome for that class. I plan to main as a Wizard/Witch so I am excited for it.

Posted

Soo why does war/sorc have their awaking shown and the rest of the classes do not? What am I missing here?

1 person likes this

Posted

Soo why does war/sorc have their awaking shown and the rest of the classes do not? What am I missing here?

Because they haven't made them all yet.

3 people like this

Posted

Because they haven't made them all yet./

So one would assume all unlockable at 56?

Posted

What do you think it is? Or, what you think would be awesome for that class. I plan to main as a Wizard/Witch so I am excited for it.

Considering the awakening weapon is always to counter the classes' weaknesses, I want to imagine it would be a weapon that can block or create another i-frame? A wide-sword like a scythe might be interesting for wizard/witch. :) Or an umbrella. Umbrellas are fun weapons to think of.

2 people like this

Posted

how do awakened weapons work? Is it like a second option to use? Or is it a required weapon for them? 

Posted

I'd like to image it would be a enchanted hand mirror . And when the wizard looked deep into the mirror his awaken powers would unlock . Enabling him to change his crappy character creator.

18 people like this

Posted (edited)

I think it will be a crystal or orb. On the contrary it could be related to daggers or a whip.

Edited by Yule
1 person likes this

Posted

I think it will be a crystal or orb. On the contrary it could be related to daggers or a whip.

I like the idea of a whip :D would be pretty badass. *whip* noise then crack of thunder aoe dmg spell xD 

A mirror would also be a nice idea - maybe inspire by Snow White witch with the mirror, could be used as a shield to reflect incoming damage.

Either that or a weapon the can be used for healing like a bell or crystal. Who knows xD

1 person likes this

Posted

A Cane sword would also be cool/work

1 person likes this

Posted

A Cane sword would also be cool/work

Probably would be cool and would work well but I'd prefer something not sword like - it's too Gandalf like. I'd prefer something more unique. If it were a sword it would need to look very mystical to impress me >.<

1 person likes this

Posted

I would really love to see them get a book/tome type weapon, or a floating disc type weapon.

12 people like this

Posted

Probably would be cool and would work well but I'd prefer something not sword like - it's too Gandalf like. I'd prefer something more unique. If it were a sword it would need to look very mystical to impress me >.<

Eh, I wouldn't mind a sword if it were to utilize the staff as it's sheath. This is fantasy after all :P

Posted (edited)

Eh, I wouldn't mind a sword if it were to utilize the staff as it's sheath. This is fantasy after all :P

That would be exactly like tamer weapon tho.  she hides her sword in her flute, like a sheath.  so i dont see them doing that, since they are trying to make weapon sets that can be unique to that class.

Edited by Rozett

Posted

how do awakened weapons work? Is it like a second option to use? Or is it a required weapon for them? 

You have a second weapon you can switch to, with its own different set of skills. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Because they haven't made them all yet.

I do find it strange that even in an update like this things aren't served out at the same time. When you're in a restaurant you can't serve dish number one, 15 minutes earlier than the others. Imo - this is somewhat the same. 

I myself would develop these 'awakenings' and serve/update all classes at the same time. 

- Jeasy

2 people like this

Posted

I do find it strange that even in an update like this things aren't served out at the same time. When you're in a restaurant you can't serve dish number one, 15 minutes earlier than the others. Imo - this is somewhat the same. 

I myself would develop these 'awakenings' and serve/update all classes at the same time. 

- Jeasy

Then there'd be no new class updates for a long time while they do all the work on the awakenings, plus they'd have to make lots of changes at once to try and balance them after release. Its just not something they'd do because its important for fresh content to keep coming.

Posted

- Jeasy

Always easier said than done... ¬¬

Posted

Lets be real here, this isn't the 1st mmo that have "epic" weapons.  The rest of the mmos have released them all at once so far.

Posted

I would really love to see them get a book/tome type weapon, or a floating disc type weapon.

FLOATING TOME! YES PLEASE! lol

I would love if the witch would get some more big healing abilities 

4 people like this

Posted

These old bones would not mind carrying an offhand awakening blade; not necessarily a sword, but a combination of staff and shortblade, perhaps...a knife ? A dagger ?

Let the fantasy and lore guide this choice.

Posted

These old bones would not mind carrying an offhand awakening blade; not necessarily a sword, but a combination of staff and shortblade, perhaps...a knife ? A dagger ?

Let the fantasy and lore guide this choice.

mmmm but the wizard/witch weapon is already a Staff and a dagger.

2 people like this

Posted

A floating power crystal ....

Posted (edited)

mmmm but the wizard/witch weapon is already a Staff and a dagger.

Thank you for clarifying that.

Would you imagine a Wizard evolving the offhand weapon into a longer blade then, for his Awakening ? 

While I am sure many do appreciate the Gandalf feel already established within the class, what alternatives would you make a Wizard with that specific apparel wield ?

Let us consider that there are two distinct version of the same class, it may be possible that they choose to give us two distinct sorts of Awakenings, regardless of how similar (if not identical) the mechanics the two classes have. Usually the answer can be found in lore, given the majority of times there is a story behind a reason. Even an apparently meaningless quest would give us a take on it.

What lore our Wizard and Witches conceal that could give us an idea on what source of power they crave most, and is maybe 'that' very source of power they crave so much that will eventually allow them an 'Awakening' ? While I hate to bring other games examples, think about the thirst for arcane energy of the Blood Elves from Warcraft. 

Would it make sense, not in the very literal example I have made however, to look at lore as a reference ? Perhaps the answer is already there. Do certain Wizard NPCs do certain things when pushed to the limits or employ other sort of styles ? 

What does the audience think ?

Edited by Wizard
Capitalizing the third Wizard word in the post.
1 person likes this

Posted

Bottle of viragra?  I mean wizs are suppose to be old according to this "lore." :)

2 people like this