• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Witch/Wizard Awakening

372 posts in this topic

Posted

i think its premature to talk about this, the devs dnt even know yet wot Wiz will have ..so >> some infos here

That article is about several months old already, all but 4 awakenings are already known. I'm pretty sure developers have a fairly good idea by now what each of the awakenings will be, but probably they won't release anything about them until it's mostly done.

Also talking about this is not harmful in any way, people can share their ideas and imaginations on potential awakenings, which most likely won't change anything but it can be fun.

Posted

That article is about several months old already, all but 4 awakenings are already known. I'm pretty sure developers have a fairly good idea by now what each of the awakenings will be, but probably they won't release anything about them until it's mostly done.

Also talking about this is not harmful in any way, people can share their ideas and imaginations on potential awakenings, which most likely won't change anything but it can be fun.

i personally know only about warrior, giant and sorc...wots the 4rd ? :) 

Posted

i personally know only about warrior, giant and sorc...wots the 4rd ? :) 

Warrior, Giant, Sorceress, Tamer, Ranger awakenings are already out in Korea.

Valkyrie is getting released in about 2-3 weeks, there's already a short video about it on the end of Tamer reveal.

There're short descriptions and concept arts on Blader and Plum. Which means only Witch, Wizard, Ninja and Kunoichi are yet to be revealed. Seeing how ahead they are with the awakenings, I'd be honestly surprised if PA didn't have a clue about the last four awakenings. 

Posted

Warrior, Giant, Sorceress, Tamer, Ranger awakenings are already out in Korea.

Valkyrie is getting released in about 2-3 weeks, there's already a short video about it on the end of Tamer reveal.

There're short descriptions and concept arts on Blader and Plum. Which means only Witch, Wizard, Ninja and Kunoichi are yet to be revealed. Seeing how ahead they are with the awakenings, I'd be honestly surprised if PA didn't have a clue about the last four awakenings. 

Thx a lot for the infos ;)

Posted

Not lore friendly for this game but it'd be cool if the wizards would have controlling chain magic as an awakening power.

Posted

My bet if it isn't a weapon, it is an elemental golem of some sort or maybe even elemental transformation.

Posted

I think we should get creature statues that give us pets :)

Posted

Given that awakenings compensate for class weaknesses, and wizards/witches have damage, cc, healing, and support all covered, I can definitely see something defense based coming. For flavor, I'd love to see a floating book shield for wizards. Also, since wizard and witch are said to be undergoing a drastic separation come awakening, I imagine they'll each be seeing drastically different ways to improve their defense.

Alternately, since melee is weak on a wizard/witch, we may see some kind of physical transformation, maybe into a demon or something, to help them keep their glass cannon role.

that'd be hot af

Posted

If they separate I suspect witch going more towards dots and debuffs and wizard for more defense and support. But then again, it's random speculation.

Posted

I would like either battlemagw style givee a badass sword that changes depending on the cast, say I'm using fire swords engulfed in flames. And so on with ice etc. 

That or just let us have weapon free cast as in we just cast straight from our hands as though awakening being the next step our witch's and wizards get so good they no longer need there staff for more advanced spells kinda thing 

Posted

Brooms and Scepters, go mahou shoujo route.

PreCure_3.png

1 person likes this

Posted

I found this on Google...

meh.ro10877.thumb.jpg.74e081d7ee6c0adcc15527931c303115.jpg

Posted

Soo why does war/sorc have their awaking shown and the rest of the classes do not? What am I missing here?

Apparently you did no research at all before buying the game. This isn't your typical MMO, nor does it cater to people with handing everything out at once. Please educate yourself by conducting research that is amassed in a great quantity around the interweb. 

Posted

Calling it now... It will be a 2 handed sword all Gandalf style... With lightning and lots of spinning, maybe give a block like the blader 2h sword can do.

Posted

Hands free casting sounds interesting, but what would be benefits? Quicker cast, less mana consumption? 

Magical sword with elemental  buff from last used magic, could do it, but if that would be battlemage style  I would prefer it to be elements imbued hammer(q handed but little biggerl, like you said with sword, also boost to defense, little lighter version of zerker "iron man armor" with hood and a feeling of medium build from lords of the fallen. You know this heavy cleric feeling, and maybe a shield? That would look awsome

Ok guys i think I nailed it... 

So you want to difference in witch wizard awakening? 

Listen to that:

Mage - Heavy cleric version

Battle hammer(1h) + shield +heavy armor (hooded, maybe with some books and chains and magical symbol strapped to it,would be mix of armor and robe - like in lords of the fallen) 

It would be response to mage being squishy and not so grate at mele 

This option would grately boost defense to a tanking levels, add some mele power, and ability to block frontal demage, at cost of mobility (let's say he would go forward wow paladin, tankish buffing good demage) 

Witch would be other side of equasion, problem of mobility and casting speed...  A shadow caster 

It would be like someone suggested hands free caster, with grate mobility cast speed and all directional shadow dash(teleports) 

Could add debufs and be little warlock style 

She could phase out for short time, run into enemy crowd, leaving behind her toxic debuting fog or somethinf

Dogging (phasing) thru enemy(different skill than one above, this one is basic dodge replacement) would have short cooldown on stun, or other debuff 

This have potential 

Posted

Wizard/Witch already has massive DPS built into its kit. A defensive awakening is what would be the most feasible for this class, like an Aegis or a way to imbue our fists with elements, for CQC.

Posted (edited)

Wizard/Witch already has massive DPS built into its kit. A defensive awakening is what would be the most feasible for this class, like an Aegis or a way to imbue our fists with elements, for CQC.

NO... if you want to be CqC you played the wrong class... we don't want a pure CqC on our witch's, especially not fist fighting hehe ;)

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

NO... if you want to be CqC you played the wrong class... we don't want a pure CqC on our witch's, especially not fist fighting hehe ;)

From what is understood anout awakenings, It is an extension of the class that that helps round out the class via weaknesses or added strengths. Wizards lack the ability to effectively 1v1/Defend as a shield user would. All im saying is if i had lightning knuckles, i wouldnt be scared to jump in an arena with an awakened warrior.

Posted

I don't see how a Defensive Awakening would work, the game is seriously lacking when it comes to support skills and group make up and a Defensive Wizard is never going to replace a Warrior or Valkyrie as an actual tank in PvE.

In PvP, maybe it could be useful in sieges and some GvG, but it would be very situation dependent.

I would think it is more likely going to be in a similar vain to the Berzerker. Currently Berzerkers have a very strong melee AOE, with their Awakened weapon they get greater focus on single target direct damage. We could see something similar for Wizard/Witch, as almost all our current spells are AOE or have an AOE effect, we could see our Awakened weapon give us more focus on single target direct damage, perhaps at a shorter range as well.

Alternatively, maybe more of a focus on Crowd Control, which I think would be much more viable for us than a Defensive Awakening.

Posted (edited)

If you want defense, my "Heavy Cleric" idea would fit right in

And if your talking bout single target dps, it should be longer distance not smaller 

Edited by MoonEater

Posted

The problem we have is Sorc is also a magic class that already has "dark" magic and got a awesome looking scythe. So we really do not want another class with a pole weapon/spear or even i said what about a double bladed staff for wizard? He/she could then have magic imbued weapon attacks. But this is somewhat similar again to the sorceress already. The Whip idea i though would fit sorceress better...but she already has a scythe...a wizard with a wip? witch maybe...but not wizard.

Personally I Would have loved a Similar look to THIS for Sorc...and a Double Bladed staff for Wizard. a Whip might again work for witch.67070-H5_ToE_Dungeon_6.jpg

Posted

I read somewhere (maybe here?) that the awakening will be different for a Witch and Wizard.. this kind of bothers me because I don't really like the old man so may go Witch but what if I like the Wizard awakening better D:

IM DEAD

Posted

I am quite curious what kind of awakening weapon we'll get.

What's left? It coul be a sword or something like that to fill our melee role. What kind of ranged weapons would be possible? Rangers got a melee weapon I think that's most likely what we'll get.

Posted

I suspect it will be melee type of weapon. ll awakening class getting melee type of weapon. Wizard getting Witch King witch_maybe.thumb.JPG.ed812b518b07888680

While Witch is Galadriel, change to glowing white hair and read the most OP spell that even sauron will disperse > see below >

Posted

I could see the broom, at least for the Witch. They could play up the mounted combat aspect by letting you ride it around, super fast