• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Devs: Given that AFK play is encouraged - Why no Autoloop?

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know a lot of games take the stance that AFK should be logged out to minimize queues and server load.

But BDO, nicely in my opinion, actively encourages AFK play with auto fishing, auto pathing to distant points, sleeping in bed giving more energy (only while logged in), and letting you swap characters without logging out and resetting your logged in timer.

So why no Autoloop?  If you want to make sure it doesn't last too long, put a timer on it like how a fishing pole runs out eventually. (over 2 hours even for lowest pole assuming inventory not full)

EDIT:

I was told on reddit:

"Autoloop was part of the Mediah content update which is not available at launch for NA/EU."

So that makes sense since we do not get that content at launch, but I wish they would move it up

Edited by Archaegeo
Updated information

Posted

It was only disabled in that beta, it should be back in at launch is what I heard

Posted

Heard from who?  Just curious, second hand information and opinons are like...well, you know :)

Posted

The betas were just based on an older build of the game (albeit modified) where that function hadn't been added yet.

Don't worry it'll be there for release I'm sure 

Posted

They had to spend extra time to fix Cahracter to Character

Posted

I heard the autoloop function is added in a later version of the game, remember we are behind the other regions version-wise.

Posted

They better put autoloop in, even on RU servers they had that feature at the start. NA client cannot be older then RU client at the start. 

Posted

Because the developers need more money from the cash shop.

Posted

I was told on reddit:

"Autoloop was part of the Mediah content update which is not available at launch for NA/EU."

So that makes sense since we do not get that content at launch, but I wish they would move it up

Posted (edited)

I was told on reddit:

Wasn't it part of CBT-1 though? I might be wrong, I can't seem to recall.

Edited by RAWRRAWR

Posted

I know game companies are centered around making money (they have to feed themselves and their families somehow), but I wouldn't assume they're greedy to the core. I Don't know of anyone who goes into the game industry with purely money on their mind considering who difficult it is to get a job in it. You shouldn't be criticizing the developers who love the game and constantly work on it to make it come to life. In fact, I don't think you can even criticize their bosses who make sure revenue is there so that they don't all end up jobless.

Posted

The betas were just based on an older build of the game (albeit modified) where that function hadn't been added yet.

Don't worry it'll be there for release I'm sure 

Actually the mouseover details on the map still contained instructions on how to autoloop, so not only does all evidence point to autoloop originally being a part of the version we were playing, but it was intentionally removed. The only places I've seen it suggested that it was "just removed for beta" - which makes absolutely no sense, why remove a relatively significant server-load feature during your testing phase? - are from wishful thinking people. It's more likely been removed intentionally and we'll not see it any time soon.

A particularly poor and short-sighted decision considering how many in-game systems are balanced around the ability to afk loop - like raising Strength or mount level - but until you see a dev or CM saying otherwise it's not likely to make an appearance anytime near launch.

Posted

Please find another thread to troll, this has zero to do with the cash shop

Posted

100% agree with OP.

Also, if no autoloop is enabled, people will find ways that the game does not encourage to do so. I'd rather see everyone have a simple, in-game way to do this, rather than this feature only being available to those that find alternative ways to accomplish this. Makes players happier and less dev hours on banning people. Win/win.

Posted

Will be back

Posted

Auto-loop will be enabled in later updates people.... just wait for it.

Posted

As others have said, I believe it will just not be live at launch but will be added at a later date.

Jorm

Posted

100% agree with OP.

Also, if no autoloop is enabled, people will find ways that the game does not encourage to do so. I'd rather see everyone have a simple, in-game way to do this, rather than this feature only being available to those that find alternative ways to accomplish this. Makes players happier and less dev hours on banning people. Win/win.

I knew i'd find you here Vipy xD No autoloop just totaly discourages leveling horses and breeding, wich is something i enjoy. But i think jouska will have news about that very soon from the lil chat i had with him.