• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

True player driven economy won't exist until...

108 posts in this topic

Posted

1. playerbase understand that a game needs some sort of free market to create an economy, and therefore buying gear for money and get over it

2. instead of refusing pay to win and gold sellers, everything should be free to sell for real money if they wish, everyone is a potential gold seller, leveled play field

3. game companies  at some point will need to go to the next level with their business models, free to play with everything included, no cash shop, but get money % from sales

4. Diablo 3 auction house was a cancer because the game economy was very simple, but it would work better in a multi faceted sandbox with lots to do

5. With VR coming up mainstream in the next few years, I hope someone will take the risk to create an AAA sandbox VR experience that feels realistic

6. subscription is dead, b2p with cash shop is tricky, f2p with cash shop is tricky, get paid to play could be the next gen business model

7. and no I do not need any of that, any sandbox player driven game needs game mechanics to create a player driven economy

8. current gameplay systems are and will be crafted around wrong mechanics because you players are screaming sandbox but actually pushing devs to create themeparks

Posted

No

11 people like this

Posted

10687lEgzWJ1BK.gif

16 people like this

Posted

uaeugh8u9h39ju P2W CRYBABIES IF U DONT LIKE IT DONT PLAY THIS GAME AUHUGHUGHUGHUGggggggg

Posted

go-home-youre-drunk-thumb.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Thats_just_your_opinion.thumb.jpg.4ba730

1 person likes this

Posted

True economy isn't necessarily required to have a good game imo. I'll still enjoy BDO.

1 person likes this

Posted

No one cares that you want to dominate the in game economy but it is set up so you kinda can't. No. One. Cares.

Posted

"get paid to Play could be the next model".... eh..... no? So someone creates an awesome game and pays ppl to Play it therefore makes no income at all but goes bancrupt as EVERYONE wants to "play" it for getting money.. aka afking and playing sth else... causing the servers to go down 1 motnh after release cause they can't pay the servers?

998px-Genius-meme.png

1 person likes this

Posted

With this attitude you are going to keep feeding the elite of goldsellers anyway and never get a real quality sandbox world, they cannot be stopped by devs in any way but you just ask for developers to create all sort of limitations to suppress them while harming your own gameplay anyway which by release become more of a general themepark due to heavy limitations and compromises that needs to be there to make a broken economic system work well enough

Posted

Go play EVE

Posted

i do not understand why people do this, im OK with constructive  criticism, but this is more like....GIVE ME WHAT I WANT ....type of rant there are tons of mmorpg's out there that do exactly that. I am excited for this game because it seems at the moment to be breaking the molds of gaming,lets not ask the developers to stray from that plzzz.

1 person likes this

Posted

this is obviously some gold seller guy who is mad there is no way for him to sell gold to players in game and he's afraid the model will take off and he'll have to get a real job one day

Posted

Someone get me one of those bait memes, stat!

Posted

not sure if I should feel amused by those replies or what

Posted

Quote : 2. instead of refusing pay to win and gold sellers, everything should be free to sell for real money if they wish, everyone is a potential gold seller, leveled play field

This was literally done in D3. This will cause massive problems with farm spots becoming unavailable and making everyones gameplay less fun because a person will now break ToS because he has to eat and can do so playing video games.

1) If you allow real money trading, then bans only become a problem to the Real Money Trader if they cant bot enough real money before making some profit(real money) before buying another Game.

2) The majority of players in MMO's and sandboxes become very frustrated over the botting that RMT activities bring. Examples of map-hack, hacked items, scripts, and all other sorts of things become problems.

At least in the current state there are very few reasons to RMT as it will be difficult to make profit, which is a big feature I LIKE TO SEE in large MMO's with vast crafting and adventure areas.

From looking at the devs latest Q and A, it seems they are very conscious about power creep and the direction the game moves forwards. With small differences in regions to cater to the different "Culture(s)" and make the game more pleasing to the majority of region, making "real" feedback important.

Posted

16.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I facepalmed so hard I now have a headache.

1 person likes this

Posted

10687lEgzWJ1BK.gif

Posted

You talk like someone who is salty because he can't be a gold seller in this game.

1 person likes this

Posted

You talk like someone who is salty because he can't be a gold seller in this game.

inb4 someone tags u as a "fanboi"

Posted

Quote : 2. instead of refusing pay to win and gold sellers, everything should be free to sell for real money if they wish, everyone is a potential gold seller, leveled play field

This was literally done in D3. This will cause massive problems with farm spots becoming unavailable and making everyones gameplay less fun because a person will now break ToS because he has to eat and can do so playing video games.

1) If you allow real money trading, then bans only become a problem to the Real Money Trader if they cant bot enough real money before making some profit(real money) before buying another Game.

2) The majority of players in MMO's and sandboxes become very frustrated over the botting that RMT activities bring. Examples of map-hack, hacked items, scripts, and all other sorts of things become problems.

At least in the current state there are very few reasons to RMT as it will be difficult to make profit, which is a big feature I LIKE TO SEE in large MMO's with vast crafting and adventure areas.

From looking at the devs latest Q and A, it seems they are very conscious about power creep and the direction the game moves forwards. With small differences in regions to cater to the different "Culture(s)" and make the game more pleasing to the majority of region, making "real" feedback important.

Thanks for the first decent reply, nearly lost hope.

1. real money profit shouldn't be banned but taxed just like any job, there are games like second life, imvu or entropia universe that have dealed with real money for over a decade, and still going. I do not need to game to make a living, be clear. Sandbox player driven economies need freedom to trade and gameplay systems that encourage crafting and other activities as useful, not another hybrid sandbox themepark that is going to stay around for 6 months and forgotten.

2. Game accounts needs to evolve, people need to have an account attached to their passport, game developers need to  create systems and mechanics that work well, instead of cashing out with buggy developed products that obviously leak here and there. Good game mechanics difficult to exploit can be done, it's a matter of wanting it, and you as players to push the standards higher, instead of accepting buggy products that then require all sort of limitations to keep the gameplay somewhat stable.

3. making RMT difficult means limit gameplay to a point that there is no player driven economy, companies should stop advertising their player driven economy key selling points if they cannot in the end deliver, this is not directly related to black desert, it's a trend that if followed, will never allow anyone to pursue a profitable game that can actually be a true player driven economy, the mass market is not allowing that.

Posted

080.thumb.jpg.9c56ab05952c600003bb4453f1

Posted

Get paid to play? xD Sounds like a success to me lol

Posted

Far from that, I have played multiple generations of rpgs in the last 35 years, including 2 decades of mmo, I have a good profession and I'm a property investor, do not need to make money from a game for a living. I just do not like where the market is going with mmos, and I would like to see a real next gen approach. I do not see the problem for people to make money in a mmo, it's anyway going to happen, you are fooling yourself if you think limitations are going to stop it. The only way to stop gold sellers is to make everyone a potential a legit gold seller. This attitude is more of those who work low paid jobs and jealous of high paid ones. Business models need to evolve to create complex gameplay based on player driven economy. If we change the attitude we might see someone big creating a sandbox breathing living world, otherwise will be always a genre where only small indie groups will try their hands, with half baked products because indie companies do not have the money to create large sandbox experiences that feel polished to play in the long term.