• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How many skill points at 50?

158 posts in this topic

Posted

I have checked all over and have yet to get a definitive answer on how many points we get to spend at level 50. I have seen anywhere from 320-700. I ask this because I would like to set up my endgame build while leveling as well as seeing what types of builds I can make. If anyone knows for sure how many we get it would help a lot.

Posted

varies

Posted

Varies as in class or what? I'm leveling a Wizard first.

Posted

varies as in how many skill points quests u do.

Posted

You can expect to have between 300 to 500 depending on how many of the skill point quests you do. Skill points slow down at 500, as its the soft cap, and from there you can expect to get roughly 25 skill points a week.

Posted

Ok, lets say I do them all.

Posted

I believe the rule of thumb is to do as few skill point quests as possible until you hit 50. I may be incorrect, need to do a little more research into that myself.

1 person likes this

Posted

I believe the rule of thumb is to do as few skill point quests as possible until you hit 50. I may be incorrect, need to do a little more research into that myself.

I see so avoid skill point quests until 50 to maximize your points? Do you know off chance how many you had as a fresh level 50?

Posted

I had 400+ but I did some quest

Posted (edited)

Is there any list or such of all the quests that give skill points? 

Or do all those quests come from a specific place/NPC/... ?

I looked multiple times for a list or such, but never found an answer to it, but somehow people have to know where to get the quests when they go back for them.

Edited by Unholy

Posted

You gain skill points just like you gain normal xp while you grind mobs.

You ALSO gain skill points from quests that either reward straight up skill points, or skill point XP.

There is a soft cap of 500 skill points, above which the XP required goes up and (IIRC) the XP you gain from killing mobs goes down.

If you want to make it easier to get skill points past 500 they say you should grind to the soft cap, gaining your points just by killing mobs and THEN go back and do the quests since the XP you gain from the quests doesn't go down once you are past the soft cap. You get more bang for your buck that way.

1 person likes this

Posted

I had 400+ but I did some quest

Ok, this helps. Did you go back and do the skill point quests later like HeavensSword was suggesting? Also any idea if it matters on the class on how many you receive?

Posted

Usually you count around 200 Skill Points for a level 40, and 400 - 450 for level 50 (without doing quests). Then you hit 500 Skill Points around level 52 - 53 and by level 55 (with quests then) you're supposedly between 750 - 850. At least that's what I gathered from numerous topics on the matter and builds.

Posted

You gain skill points just like you gain normal xp while you grind mobs.

You ALSO gain skill points from quests that either reward straight up skill points, or skill point XP.

There is a soft cap of 500 skill points, above which the XP required goes up and (IIRC) the XP you gain from killing mobs goes down.

If you want to make it easier to get skill points past 500 they say you should grind to the soft cap, gaining your points just by killing mobs and THEN go back and do the quests since the XP you gain from the quests doesn't go down once you are past the soft cap. You get more bang for your buck that way.

Nice, this makes sense. I didn't know we got points per kill not per level. Is this what you did on your character?

Usually you count around 200 Skill Points for a level 40, and 400 - 450 for level 50 (without doing quests). Then you hit 500 Skill Points around level 52 - 53 and by level 55 (with quests then) you're supposedly between 750 - 850. At least that's what I gathered from numerous topics on the matter and builds.

Cool got it. Thanks all!

Posted

i'd say make a lvl 50 build and make it somewhere between a minimum of 300 and a max of 500 points. since until that point they are (relatively) easy to gain, regardless of whether you do the skill point quests now or later.

that way you can pick what you truly need at that point

Posted

i wouldn't focus on the quests until im 50 to maximize how fast i gain skill points i gain in the time it takes.

Posted

Skill points arent base on level, its base on grinding and quest. I dont even know what leveling is for, you can gain hp for eating food. WTF?

Posted

i'd say make a lvl 50 build and make it somewhere between a minimum of 300 and a max of 500 points. since until that point they are (relatively) easy to gain, regardless of whether you do the skill point quests now or later.

that way you can pick what you truly need at that point

Alright got one around 400 for my estimate at level 50. Not all the skills I want, but the ones I have seen people use the most in pvp and pve.

Posted

Nice, this makes sense. I didn't know we got points per kill not per level. Is this what you did on your character?

Cool got it. Thanks all!

No I did not. That is the optimal way to do it, but in my opinion it's not fun. I don't want to go back and do quests when I'm level 55 that are designed for people level 20. I don't want to run around killing imps in 1 shot because I'm "all powerful". I don't find it fun.

If the game enemies scaled to your level (or you scaled down) like other games then I would. Not suggesting that it should though.

I will do quests as I level. Perhaps on an alt I will just grind all the way to 55+ (Grinding is easier and quicker on an alt in my opinion), but not my first guy. I don't really care about being the best or top person though.

2 people like this

Posted

I'll prob just do the quests normal on my Tamer, and when Kunoichi comes out and i make that character which will be my main go back and do the quests after im past 500 skill points then i can sort of test the difference my self as well.

Posted

About 410ish with only killquests done up to lvl 50. 

Posted (edited)

Ignore whoever says to leave quests alone.

You maybe get ahead for a break, for a few points, but eventually it's insignificant.

Everyone will reach soft cap and slow down, there's no way around it. Even if you try to cheat and try to do all your quest at 500, it's still an exponential curve.

Basically everyone will reach the same state in the same approx amount of time doing quest first doing quest last, or spread out.

BTW skill point quests aren't static. SP works on a "level bar" system. You can see the percentage on your character screen.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Ignore whoever says to leave quest alone.

You maybe get ahead for a break few points, but eventually it's insignificant.

Everyone will reach soft cap and slow down, there's no way around it. Even if you try to cheat and try to do all your quest at 500, it's still an exponential curve.

Basically everyone will reach the same state in the same approx amount of time doing quest first doing quest last, or spread out.

BTW skill point quests aren't static. SP works on a "level bar" system. You can see the percentage on your character screen.

Cool, thanks for the help!

Posted

450-500 solo if you know what you're doing. 400-450 if you don't.

300-350 in a group of 3 or more.

1 person likes this

Posted

trick is to straight grind from 14ish to when you hit 500 points soft cap. then go back and do you story/black spirit quests that gives combat skill points.
youll have around 550-600 I guess at 51 instead of 510-512.

2 people like this