• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

unexplained bank charges

78 posts in this topic

Posted

I noticed several Black Desert charges that I can't explain ($1.50 on 2/23, $.60 and $.90 on 2/19); anyone else?  Any idea what it's for?

--Leah

Posted

INB4 why are you complaining about a couple dollars

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

none here only the preorder 99euro a few weeks back.

edit: dont have an CC. i used my normal Bank: Sparkasse in german.

Edited by Zodan

Posted

Because it is how hackers start taking money out of your account.  Just want to be sure, and make sure that the devs are aware if it's appropriate.

--Leah

Posted

I'll check in a second. brb

Posted (edited)

I mean they could buy a soda with that money...

Edited by LunarInfamous
1 person likes this

Posted

While there is a very slight chance those are legitimate. You should freeze or cancel that card immediately since they look like card validity tests.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because it is how hackers start taking money out of your account.  Just want to be sure, and make sure that the devs are aware if it's appropriate.

--Leah

Ignore the deadheads of the forum..

If you need explanations as to why hidden charges are taken, i'd confront them about it. There should only be the price of the pre order you've purchased, no more than that.

Posted

--Leah

I'm not bashing you, I'm bashing this wonderful community of bright and thoughtful players. You should do a sweep for malware.

Posted

Nope nothing that I have seen. Thats pretty scary though, hopefully it's nothing too serious..

Posted

Open up a ticket.  It could be just charges that test if your card was working, but still really odd there were 3 different charges. 

Posted

Nope, Didn't receive any extra charges just the pre-order charge. Strange, you should contact the support and call your bank so you don't get scammed. 

Posted

Nope but i never pay something like that with a credit card.

Posted

I noticed several Black Desert charges that I can't explain ($1.50 on 2/23, $.60 and $.90 on 2/19); anyone else?  Any idea what it's for?

--Leah

Aren't these just "test charges" or whatever the name is in english ?

1 person likes this

Posted

Considering we are dealing with a company that protects your information on a secure site (account) with nothing more than a password. That same password also being used on the forums. They obviously don't care about your information at all.

Posted

Just checked and they charged me an additional $2 several days after purchasing the conquerors pack. :\

Posted

Because that is how banks and hackers took your money. Like the rest of victims, they all think like you, just small amount.

The problem is banks and hackers took small amount of large amount of people and it ends up to be millions each month.

If you don't do anything, they will continue to take more money each month in the same amount. Nice job being hack and still feel like it's nothing, you are the best victim they could hope for.

Posted (edited)

Screenshot or it didn't happen. Black out any personal info, I'd just like to see whether it is legit Daum Games Europe B.V. taking money from your account, and not some "Duam Gems Europe" or any other obvious impersonator.

At the moment, you are just making accusations without proof.

Edited by FliP
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

--Leah

These might be service fees if you didn't  pay in US dollars or Euros.

Edited by ariantes

Posted

Could be, test charge is often they deposit and withdraw the same amount of money.

Posted

I am assuming you mean authorization charges? If the payment system puked on itself it's a possibility but generally cards that are stolen are tested with low dollar transactions before they go ham. No legitimate authorization would do it 3 times for different amounts as that could trigger fraud shutdown.

Posted

Just checked mine. All I have is the one $100 charge for conq pack.

Posted (edited)

I just checked.  I got charged 90 cents.  The charge is listed as "foreign fee".  This is a day after my purchase of the Conq pack.

Ok, now I'm pissed.

EDIT:  I know it's my bank now, not Daum.  My bad. 

Edited by Valeth

Posted

Just tried to login to my bank account to find my PW has been changed.... Calling the bank as I type this.

Posted

Nope but i never pay something like that with a credit card.

Credit cards have no liability for charges. So they are one of the safest methods (over debit, PayPal, bank transfer, etc). Basically if you pay with something via "cash" over credit that is when you have the risk.