• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

No damage text. Why?

120 posts in this topic

Posted

What is the purpose of removing info such as evasion, and damage numbers? 

Posted (edited)

Because not everyone wants to stare at numbers constantly.

Edited by Sinsane
3 people like this

Posted

Been talked about in the suggestion area. Learn to use the search function.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Can you see in real life damage number? No? then so be it.

Why add damage numbers when 90% of the players is looking at the amazing effects anyway.

Edited by Reasinglow

Posted (edited)

Because we don't want to stare at numbers constantly.

I want. If you think people won't consider your damage because there's no damage numbers you're wrong since you can link your weapon on the chat by pressing Shift+LMB on the item, people gonna ask you to do it anyway and it should be available in options to turn it off/on, in betas in KR we could see XP numbers on the screen, prolly dmg formula would be the same.

Edited by Enzo

Posted

I can. When I punch some one I see white numbers. When I eat I see yellow numbers. When I go to the Doctor's I see green numbers.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There is already too much screen clutter, numbers would just make it worst.

Edited by WildAce
3 people like this

Posted

I want.

Fixed :)

I would however support a combat log tab in chat so you can see your numbers there. But with all the aoes and the shit already going on on screen I don't want the number spam too.

Posted

Maple story made me hate damage numbers

MapleStory-BasilMarket-Screen-193202.jpg

look at this shit its half the screen.

7 people like this

Posted

I can. When I punch some one I see white numbers. When I eat I see yellow numbers. When I go to the Doctor's I see green numbers.

When I read these forums I see red numbers.

Posted

When I look at my bills I see numbers and I'm emotionally damaged. 

6 people like this

Posted

reminds me of the discharge I see when I pee

Posted

I want less shit on my screen, not more. On The Division I even turned damage numbers off 

Posted

Damage numbers are useless while in combat, at least for bdo. All you gotta check is the health bar while attacking the enemy. If your not doing enough damage to effect the enemy, you'll know by just checking the health bar or by checking how much blood is being spilled. Adding damage numbers will only be useful outside of combat, which even then you won't be bother looking at while in combat, since bdo requires you to be focused while in combat and not just standing there pressing buttons. 

Posted

Couldn't find it. Bite me.

If you insist.

cat-bite-21346389.jpg

Posted

I think a large part of it is due to the realism they are trying to maintain. If you were to attack an animal (please don't) in real life, you wouldn't see damage numbers. I think this aligns well with the knowledge system also. The first time fighting something, you aren't aware of its strength, health, etc. However, after encountering enough, you will see trends pertaining to how much damage it takes to kill a particular monster, and maybe learn some things about their weaknesses.

Posted

I think a large part of it is due to the realism they are trying to maintain. If you were to attack an animal in real life.

Going to go test this now.

Posted

Eventually..there will be tons of people on your screen. 100v100 and the numbers.. they would be plentiful, but they would waste glorious processing power.

Posted

What are you guys playing on 15 inch CRT's??

I didn't think the UI was that bad at all last weekend..  I hated that every time I tried to drag a item to drop it a hotkey was made..but I learned a new function of the game that way too. 

Posted

The devs want to make sure the gap between min-maxers and the average player is as enormous as possible.

They will figure out the optimal way to play with or without combat txt, while the average players won't even know that they are doing it wrong.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because they're lazy.

Posted

Hmm..Can you summon a black spirit in real life ? No, then so be it. What about kill nagas ? No, then so be it. You figure out the rest.

1 person likes this

Posted

Maple story made me hate damage numbers

MapleStory-BasilMarket-Screen-193202.jpg

look at this shit its half the screen.

Well the problem there is that you were playing maplestory, which has zero redeeming qualities in the way of story, music, gameplay, cash shop ect.

1 person likes this

Posted

I personally prefer it without the damage text

Posted

What is the purpose of removing info such as evasion, and damage numbers? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTR9Wx4TdUZ2hpyDrthYyG