• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone just wanted to ask/ know what was wrong with my FPS in the CBT2. I have a ultra wide monitor and so i was playing on 3440x1440 ultra settings but i was getting around  25-37 FPS while questing which is weird? because iv seen people getting 60FPS (in 1440p ultra settings) locked on youtube with around ( 980ti ) the same graphics card as mine?Just to add i was playing on Windowed full screen. I'll listen down my system specs. 

i7-3770 non K

EVGA GTX 980TI classified

16Gig DDR3 ram

windows 10

screen resolution :  3440x1440

do i need to upgrade my CPU or something because i have no clue =\

Edited by ghetto_star

Posted

Turning off ultra mode or whatever it is called greatly improves FPS. So if there is no other way to fix your FPS, I'd suggest that.

Posted

yea iv tried that and got like an extra of 15fps But still i saw people playing with high-end mode and still getting 60FPS (same graphics card as mine) and i'm talking about world wide not in the cities 

Posted

I'm wondering if there's just an issue of optimization going on right now. I've been getting FPS far lower than I expect from my system even on medium settings. It's making it too choppy and distracting me from the game. I hope that it somehow runs smoother on official release. Have you updated your graphics driver, and are you sure your system isn't running automatic Vsync? 

http://black-desert.com/forums/blog/index.php/Entry/71-How-to-disable-Vertical-Sync-NVIDIA/

Disable it manually if you haven't already. I've found that in cases where I wasn't getting 60 FPS the auto V-Sync pushed me even lower. If you figure anything else out please let me know.

Posted

I'm wondering if there's just an issue of optimization going on right now. I've been getting FPS far lower than I expect from my system even on medium settings. It's making it too choppy and distracting me from the game. I hope that it somehow runs smoother on official release. Have you updated your graphics driver, and are you sure your system isn't running automatic Vsync? 

You should also make sure that your OS is up to date, just in case. I know that Win10 does everything automatically (which I find annoying at times), but running a manual check won't hurt.

My fps during beta weren't glorious either, but I haven't updated my driver in months- still running on AMD's very last CCC (beta) driver. I had a number of issues with the Crimson Software, so I reverted back to CCC.

If anyone who comes across this thread happens to be running the latest edition of Crimson, please share your experience with us in this thread here. Much obliged. :$

1 person likes this

Posted

http://black-desert.com/forums/blog/index.php/Entry/71-How-to-disable-Vertical-Sync-NVIDIA/

Disable it manually if you haven't already. I've found that in cases where I wasn't getting 60 FPS the auto V-Sync pushed me even lower. If you figure anything else out please let me know.

yea all my drivers are up to date. but my system was/is running automatic V-sync i will disable it and see if it changes anything in the mean time do i need to upgrade any thing like my CPU or is it just fine?

Posted

Are you sure they weren't on 1080p instead of 1440p? 

That's not 1440p. He's playing in like almost 4k. Dude, that's why.

Posted

That's not 1440p. He's playing in like almost 4k. Dude, that's why.

oh, never thought of it that way.lol so im guessing that might be it. 

Posted

you want 4k @ 60fps + in ultra mode? dump your system into the trash n rebuild a new one with dual titan x.

a single 980ti wont handle 4k @60fps

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey everyone just wanted to ask/ know what was wrong with my FPS in the CBT2. I have a ultra wide monitor and so i was playing on 3440x1440 ultra settings but i was getting around  25-37 FPS while questing which is weird? because iv seen people getting 60FPS (in 1440p ultra settings) locked on youtube with around ( 980ti ) the same graphics card as mine?Just to add i was playing on Windowed full screen. I'll listen down my system specs. 

i7-3770 non K

16Gig DDR3 ram

windows 10

are you running full screen or full screen windowed?

Posted

Fullscreen has always performed better for me just hate when I have to alt tab

Posted (edited)

Your refresh rate was probably reduced by the game itself then. My assumption is your monitor runs in 144hz so it more likely was dropped to 60hz (maybe lower). The game in full screen forces your refresh rate to lower. This is causing your frame rate issue. Solution is to either a) do full screen window with gsync off (can be turned off in NVIDIA control panel) or b) windowed mode with gsync off.

I had the same exact problem as I run a 980 TI SC in 3820 X 2160, fought with the game for hours. I thought my graphics card had burned out but figured it was highly improbable as it is barely 3 months old. 

Edited by Archer Yuuki

Posted

im using full screen windowed

Posted (edited)

i7-3770 non K

16Gig DDR3 ram

windows 10

^this is your problem. You need Dual Graphics Cards

Edit: Or lower the Resolution in the Settings of the Game...

Edited by Ridazinator