• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So devs are still wondering about server names? Ridiculous situation

97 posts in this topic

Posted

All you have to do is spit out 4 words

I don't get it, server structure info is given to us step by step because devs/daum still have no names and announcement is delayed, it seems so ridiculous.

Elion

Abyss

Potato

Soon

Jouskaland

Shesaidshewas18

Especially when your office is in Netherlands what means marihuana is legal
[Image Removed]

2 people like this

Posted

Who knows they could be having an internal contest to name the server channels.

Hopefully we won't get stuck with lame ones that repeat across servers.

Posted

If it takes this long to come up with 4 names, I shudder to think how much time they'll need for bigger things; like new patches...

(if they lack inspiration they could just take the CBT2 names)

Posted

Marihuana... huana... h...

I am pretty sure they have more important things to worry about than server names atm. Plus I'm sure they already have names but just don't want to release them yet for whatever reason.

Posted (edited)

You know naming a Server is actually some kind of Ritual, right?

They usually build up a circle of chairs.. then chill there and brainstorm "names".. the moment someone comes up with a name this happens:

90%+ have to agree on the name, if they don't; you have to strip one piece of clothing.

This does continue until the first person is naked, the moment that happens without a decision on a name yet, they have to switch over to drinking for each denied name. 

So yea.. this a well structured process and needs time, i hope you understand. :)

Edited by Perdosa
3 people like this

Posted

Why the ----- you care so much about server names lol.

Posted

Well I mean when you think about how folks can take a longass time just picking one character names especially if their original one is already taken. It makes a bit of sense?

Could take some time for 1 character and these are server names that will be there for everyone to see.

Posted

Some idiot is crying about the most trivial issue. This must be a gaming forum.

48466970.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Just name the servers after major towns and areas from the game or important people from lore. It's literally what everyone else does it can't be that difficult

Posted

@Enzo <3 

Posted

They want ppl to organise as little as possible.

That's how it is.

Posted

I would really like to be in Jouskaland. If not then potato.

Good suggestions. Please never give up!

1 person likes this

Posted

People care about server names so they can decide what server to play on, as a lot of guilds want to end up on the same server for competition sake.

2 people like this

Posted

This long for 4 server names. 

Imagine how long it'll take to address the cash shop.

Posted

This long for 4 server names. 

Imagine how long it'll take to address the cash shop.

SHOTS FIRED

Eprg8.gif

Posted

Well there are two servers so you either tell your guild to choose server one or two. Not like we are going to have 20 servers at launch and people lost on the wrong server.

Posted

There is something called patience. 

Ask your parents if they forgot to teach you what that is.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think they are trying to decide between a couple naming structures.
Structure 1

Server 1: "People who complain all the time"
Server 2: "People who don't complain all the time"

Structure 2

Server 1: "Lore appropriate name"
Server 2 : "Lore appropriate name"

Posted

I'd rather they take long than no time at all.

I kinda don't wanna be stuck on the "Ballad of The Venerable Sir Froggington McFlufferbottomwigglesworth III, The one, The only, The Immemorial, The Impenetrable" server.

1 person likes this

Posted

They are calling them 

or they might mix it up a bit and call them 

or maybe they will........ erm who the fk cares?

Posted

Some idiot is crying about the most trivial issue. This must be a gaming forum.

48466970.jpg

That's it, problem is I don't care, I'm just tired of scrolling posts about it and honestly this situation is ridiculous.

Posted

Well there are two servers so you either tell your guild to choose server one or two. Not like we are going to have 20 servers at launch and people lost on the wrong server.

In the CBT the servers didn't have a specific order. Sometimes when logging on Edan would be at the top, other times Orwen. Because you can't trust that server one is going to be the same for everyone you need to know the specific name.

Posted

That's it, problem is I don't care, I'm just tired of scrolling posts about it and honestly this situation is ridiculous.

Did you just want a reason to hit 1k posts, then?

Posted

They've known what the Server names will be for a long time. They just don't want to tell quite yet.

Posted

i know what channel i am playing on jouskaland!

1 person likes this