• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

poll Enchantement level

Max level of enchantement on items   324 votes

1. 1. Should the max level of enchantment be +15 or not?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

359 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree with somethings that Strates posted (forgive me if I'm wrong though) I believe he wanted to keep +20 in game but make it so that +11-+15 were a much higher power level and make it so that +20 doesn't have nearly as large as a power creep to it. That way people can still progress but someone with +15 gear could still go toe to toe with someone who had +18 gear.

Also we should make it so that when you get to +15 you can't get downgraded if you fail to get to +16; however, keep the RNG for the other five levels. So essentially if you fail at +18 you can still go down to +16 or +17 but you can never go lower than +15 once you got to +15.

Posted

Also we should make it so that when you get to +15 you can't get downgraded if you fail to get to +16; however, keep the RNG for the other five levels. So essentially if you fail at +18 you can still go down to +16 or +17 but you can never go lower than +15 once you got to +15.

If i understand you correctly - this is how it already is.

I agree with somethings that Strates posted (forgive me if I'm wrong though) I believe he wanted to keep +20 in game but make it so that +11-+15 were a much higher power level and make it so that +20 doesn't have nearly as large as a power creep to it. That way people can still progress but someone with +15 gear could still go toe to toe with someone who had +18 gear.

It is better than +15 limit, but i highly doubt players will even try to go higher than +17 with such system. It will just make going for +18 not worth it - better to enchant jewelry instead.

Posted

leveling gear at least for me in BDO was a chore.... I never had enough black stones. the auction house sold them but on the Japanese server one goes for over 200k gold. Farming for black stones was awful, painful almost! There are two different types of black stone! One for armor and one for weapon! I never had enough armor black stones, and i wore 4 pieces of armor (helm, body, shoes, and hands) and after a certain point, the chance of breaking the item is so high id rather not even try. This nein trees set i just bought and haven't gotten it past 5 because im still farming black stone D:<! *Curls into a ball and cries*

2015-12-05_2443979[3576_-76_-390].JPG

Posted

leveling gear at least for me in BDO was a chore.... I never had enough black stones. the auction house sold them but on the Japanese server one goes for over 200k gold. Farming for black stones was awful, painful almost! There are two different types of black stone! One for armor and one for weapon! I never had enough armor black stones, and i wore 4 pieces of armor (helm, body, shoes, and hands) and after a certain point, the chance of breaking the item is so high id rather not even try. This nein trees set i just bought and haven't gotten it past 5 because im still farming black stone D:<! *Curls into a ball and cries*

Your not doing it right =(. you can get like 6+ blackstones just doing your dailies. 

Posted

If i understand you correctly - this is how it already is.

It is better than +15 limit, but i highly doubt players will even try to go higher than +17 with such system. It will just make going for +18 not worth it - better to enchant jewelry instead.

I still that players will try and go for it. Because you are still going to be more powerful than someone with lower level gear. But instead of being 75% more powerful its something small like 5%. The hardcore players will obviously go for the highest gear and still do more damage than someone with +15 but with the numbers tweaked a +15 would still have a chance at a counter attack.

Posted

[...] and after a certain point, the chance of breaking the item is so high id rather not even try. 

Armor and weapons don't break in BDO. Accessoire will break upon a fail, but the other stuff never. If you fail they only lose 5 max durability. Once you're past +16 they can also drop back to +15, but that shouldn't be an issue for you as of now.

Posted

i cri evertim

Posted

I am very much for a balanced world pvp settings.

Putting a cap on the gear with +15 would mean at one point we are all capped and at the same level of gear.

This means if you get your skull cracked you got beaten fair and sqaure.

voted yes to put a cap on enchanting.

Posted

This means if you get your skull cracked you got beaten fair and sqaure.

There are plenty of other factors in PvP beside enhancement level of gear. The amount of silver you can spend on buffs will create just as large of a gap between players. So when the skull cracking begins make sure you have all the food, potions, elixirs, and best alchemy stone you can afford. Maybe a good horse too. The players with the means to upgrade their gear past +15 will simply spend their silver on some of the things i mentioned. I imagine an elixir that increases your critical dmg by 100% is a significant advantage. Black Desert favors the grinders in open world PvP. 

Posted

on RU +20 is max now :D

Posted

Yeah its ridiculous if you take into account that if you have +15 you stand zero chanse against a +16 / +17 -_-

Realy hope we got a way more balanced version then the other regrions :)

Posted

on RU +20 is max now :D

Yeah it sucks, I already started facing card-swipers at day 1 after the update.

I used to kick arse with no problems but the card-swipers are one-shotting me now.

Please daum, keep it +15 until the devs fix this mumbo jumbo

Posted

Me and many other old players of BDO have been thinking of one thing lately. The huge difference that gear makes between players.

We all, or at least anyone that actually got informed about this game before buying it, know that this game is very gear based and that the difference of the item`s stats after +15 increases a lot which result in players with +15 items not being able to kill players with +16 items, or in players with +16 items not being able to kill players with +17 items and so on.

That's kind of broken, don't you think? I mean, items are not balanced at all after +15...

We also know that the pve aspect of the game is not the most challenging one, and most players end up playing solo on a mmorpg because bdo does not really require players to group up for anything. I am talking about bad AI, weak and very slow monsters and so on. And very strong gear doesn't help at all in making the pve more challenging, on the contrary, it worsens it.

Now what does this have to do with the title of the topic you ask, well, one problem of this whole balance thing seems to be items after +15.

Wouldn't this problem get patched up by making the max enchantment level +15?

I myself think that it would. Think about it:

- with weaker gear, players will have to party up or be very skilled (and many of you wish for a skill based game, don't you?) out in the open world when killing monsters or bosses and so on. All of a sudden, the monster that you were able to one shot kill with your +17 sword is able to kill you... quite challenging, yes? (Please keep in mind that an update to the AI won't be made by daum europe, as Oli i think said. If the AI will be improved, it will be only because PA decided so themselves. - translated: it won't ever happen).

- items under +15 have no balance problem in pvp, as many pvpers will be able to tell you. Before more than +15 enchant level on items to be added on KR, no one complained about gear balance.

Also +15 being the max enchantment level would make pvp more skill based too. How? Most players will get +15 items after 1 or 2 months of playing, the only difference gear wise will be the gear build that you chose for your class and the tier of the item:green, blue, yellow, orange(to be added with new regions xD). And since most player will have +15 gear, they will have to improve their tactics in pvp if they want to win. Not to mention, that new players won't have to grind 6 months to catch up to the other players to be able to experience the main selling point of the game, the pvp; he will be able to catch up in 1 month or so, then pvp all day long over challenging bosses.

In my opinion this would be an easy fix, they would only have to NOT add more than +15, and it will be easy, since at start more than +15 won't be available anyway.

What do you guys think? Now i know that this is an mmo, but do you really think that gear should matter more than skill in a skill based game, in an action orientated combat mmorpg?

My Dear Chun-Chun, I decide to write this letter (post) to tell you that the solution you suggest to this problem (I recognize & agree that there is a problem) suck! so I vote NO! :P

I would hate if they did something like that, make us all "equals" as you said, there is no equality in an MMORPG & when there is the game will definitely suck & players loose all interest in the end for sure, in a competitive PVP-based MMORPG what we all strive for each day we log in the game, is to surpass our enemies & friends alike in power, in short to become stronger than anyone & everyone, & because we have this as our target we can keep on playing, keep on farming, keep on striving to become stronger, when there is equality all this go to the dumpster bin & motivation plummet.

Even saying all that I get from what I have read here & there that the difference in power a char with higher than +15 items have, is way too strong & that makes those with lower enhanced items unable to compete, so the obvious solution to this problem is not to remove the last 5 enchant levels, but to decrease the bonuses (by a lot) those last 5 enchant levels give, I don't want everyone to be equals, I don't want anyone & everyone in the game to be able to have max enhanced items, & those who want something like that are not people who just looking for equality as they say, those in my eyes are casuals & people who afraid the competition, there is various forms of competition in an MMORPG, it's not all about the fight & who can play their char better, it's also about who is more patient, who can persist & endure the daily grind, who is more smarter & can find the best ways to make more money & use them to improve his char, it's all those things together + skill & complete knowledge of your class & of your opponent.

I don't mind if my opponent have better enhanced gear than me "as long" as I still have a chance to kill him & by a "chance" I don't mean ofc an extremely low chance, what I suggest is the difference between +15 & +20 gear to not be higher than 15% so the boost in Atk or Def with each enchant after +15 will be around 3% that's it, if they do that even if someone with +15 gear fight someone with +20 will still be able to win because there is many randoms factors in the game that can help the weaker to turn the game around like, evade, block, parry, critical & ofc manual dodging incoming atks/skills, that's what I suggest, I can accept & deal with something like that, anything stronger than that & no one is gonna like it.

Posted

if the discrepancies in power are as you state that seems like laziness more than anything O_o

Posted

If there will be no cap on enchanting or a heavy nerf on damage % post +15 ALOT of people will walk away from the game.

The solutions are very simple to adjust and doesnt require much effort from the dev's and it will make a MAJOR diffrence in all forms of pvp.

If nothing is done you get this kind of pvp very fast :( 

Posted (edited)

If there will be no cap on enchanting or a heavy nerf on damage % post +15 ALOT of people will walk away from the game.

The solutions are very simple to adjust and doesnt require much effort from the dev's and it will make a MAJOR diffrence in all forms of pvp.

If nothing is done you get this kind of pvp very fast :( 

--VIDEO--

Hahaha, that guy is so funny, I love how he says that he loves the game and hates it at the same time because its pay to win and even tho its obviously P2W people still defend it and say its just highlights and blabla.. Thats plain ridiculous that people really do that.

Seriously, even tho the game is pretty much dead soon, if it's not already, I dont get it why it was hyped? It looks so boring, fighting seems stupid, environment looks horrible. Would never ever play that, even without P2W. 

Back to topic: I REALLY hope some official will see that from EU/NA, thats just a joke and it would be the exact same when we get non-capped gear.

Edited by MadJukes

Posted

Archeage was such a blast to play from Alpha to 3 months post launch before Trion pulled in the no tricks no traps card and ruined the whole game with every patch since Auroria launch.

You could find pvp everywhere, large and small scale, arena's were a blast, fighting in Hasla for tokens was a hotspot for drama and pvp, Freedich camping often escalated in very fun ocean battles in ships when guilds defended their tradeships.

It was without a doubt one of the most epic mmo's to play after EQ / L2 / AoC.

Sadly rmt / pay to win and no gear cap and trion's lack of patch testing unleashing tons of exploits killed this mmo within 5 months.

I hope Daum doesnt make the same mistakes and realy put a cap on enchanting levels so we have a much better balanced pvp mmo.

Posted

no cap, nuff said 

Posted

I come from a game where anything past +8 completely breaks the weapon lol! Good times QQ 

Posted

Keep the cap at +15 until 16-20, along with gear/skill balance, has been completely reworked and tested.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Archeage was such a blast to play from Alpha to 3 months post launch before Trion pulled in the no tricks no traps card and ruined the whole game with every patch since Auroria launch.

You could find pvp everywhere, large and small scale, arena's were a blast, fighting in Hasla for tokens was a hotspot for drama and pvp, Freedich camping often escalated in very fun ocean battles in ships when guilds defended their tradeships.

It was without a doubt one of the most epic mmo's to play after EQ / L2 / AoC.

Sadly rmt / pay to win and no gear cap and trion's lack of patch testing unleashing tons of exploits killed this mmo within 5 months.

I hope Daum doesnt make the same mistakes and realy put a cap on enchanting levels so we have a much better balanced pvp mmo.

This is what happened to BDO RU, this is what will happen here. I have lost faith in this new enchant system it's completely broken. 

In BDO RU, the crafting material prices have been halved too but the cash shop items remain the same as the other regions. This was noticeable on BDO RU but the grinders could still compete with cardswipers when the cap was +15, now it is all about luck. And money. Once you get +17 it's done, you are the hulk.

The enchant is bullshit. Yesterday we fought a guy 3 to 1, we have a +15, +13 and another player with decent stats who fought this guy. He barely lost any health even if we kept him knocked on the ground and used all 100% black spirit rage or ulti attacks together. He lost like 1/4 of his hp after several attacks. He just got up, potted up and did twice the damage we did.

He literally soloed us while being on the ground most of the time. This was not possible before the media patch. He took so much punishment without breaking a sweat.

Edited by LoneWolf

Posted

Yeah its what the whales want, they dont want a fair pvp mmo.

They want to buy their way to power untill the majority of the players have left the game and wait for the next mmo to come out and the whole cycle is complete.

Its great revenue for the studio's as some whales spend thousands of euro's to gain advantage in mmo's and many studio's just dont care about gamebalance anymore as the profits of these whales is to good to skip.

We know where we stand when launch is close, at some point daum has to put their cards on the table and we know exactly what kind of mmo they want.

I have 100 euro to spend but i wont spend it before all the cards iare on the table before i purchase bdo.

Otherwise i spend 30 euro and stay untill our guilds pack their bags and move out again.

Hopefully it wont go this way, but there are alot of fun mmo's comming out in 2016 that offer good pvp.

So its not a disaster if BDO becomes Archeage 2.

1 person likes this

Posted

Everyone will have +15 after 1-2 months of playing? Great, lets all be equal. GW2 tried that, it drove so many people away its ridiculous. Progression is  an absolute must.

Posted

Everyone will have +15 after 1-2 months of playing? Great, lets all be equal. GW2 tried that, it drove so many people away its ridiculous. Progression is  an absolute must.

2 people like this

Posted

The reason why people left GW2 wasnt because of vertical progression......

It was because Anet failed to keep RvR interesting and neglected many parts of the complains people had...

They dint even touched WvW for a year lol

They dint balance the classes for WvW and it became very boring game to play as you kept running in circles capping castles for points and dancing around in circles making it player vs gate.

The pvp died as people coulnt endure anymore of this crap, now they are have full focus on pvp again, but its way to late as once people leave an mmo they often never return.

BDO has a chanse to do it totaly diffrent for our client, Game alrady failed in Korea, Russia already feels the pain of pay to win and it wont be long before that client lose its playerbase, no idea about japan as i just leveled 1 class to 50 for the fun of it but i gues it awaits the same faith as KR / RU.

So here we are waiting for EU/NA, does Daum make the same mistakes ? or they learned from the other clients how to remain a healty population for the long run.