• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[GUIDE] A list of all Town based quests that grant a full Skill Point

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Many Thanks for this buddy

1 person likes this

Posted

should i save this till lv 50? 

Posted (edited)

EDIT: The information I originally listed below may be incorrect!

I have discovered another thread (http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/20713-how-many-skill-points-at-50/&page=2) talking about the subject of waiting for skillpoint softcap to do quests and according to Huntler...

What makes you reach the skill point soft cap is skill point exp (total), when a quest rewards you skill points (flat points) it does not contribute to your soft cap, they are just free skill points. 

Also according to the OP:

The quest reward system is tied to your actual level.

Many quests reward a scaling skill exp reward. By completing these quests after they turn grey will yield far less skill exp.

2 characters at lvl 55, one who did the quests after rushing to softcap will have 650-750 Skill points, the one who did all the skill exp quests at the appropriate time will have 800-825 Skill points.

My original post (information may be incorrect, see above):

With the information I have found (assuming my math is right), it is most certainly better to wait until skill point softcap before you do these quests. 

At skill point 500 and above it requires 209,718,190 skill exp to level up each point based off the skill exp table here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/9937-some-cool-info-about-exp-tables-in-bdo/

Doing these 54 skill point quests after softcap will be worth 11,324,782,260 skill exp.

A repeatable quest at level 49 gives 999,750 skill exp (the highest repeatable skill exp quest reward I could find). This quest reward gives ~0.478% of a skill point after softcap.

Doing 54 skill point quests just before skill cap (at 450 sp) will be worth 10,828,934,050 skill exp. You would lose 495,848,210 skill exp compared to doing them at softcap. Now here if you waited till softcap to do these quests instead of doing them at 450 you would have gained an extra 2.36 skill points. 

Doing 54 skill point quests after 248 sp will be worth 4,593,176,820 skill exp. You would lose 6,731,605,440 skill exp compared to doing them at softcap. Now here if you waited till softcap you would have gained an extra 32.1 skill points.

Around skill point 248 is where it starts to require a maximum addition of +557,760 skill exp for every single extra skill point until 500. At 500 it finally stops getting harder each skill point so going from 500 to 501 is just as hard as going from 1499 to 1500. This is again according to that table from the link above.

Does anyone know how much skill exp a single monster at level cap gives and how many monsters you would have to kill to get 209,718,190 skill exp? 

Also, do the costumes +10% exp bonus apply to only combat experience or all types of experience? I know that pets only give combat experience (no skill exp) but I haven't seen if costumes only give combat exp.

Edited by DunningKruger
More information
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Also, do the costumes +10% exp bonus apply to only combat experience or all types of experience? I know that pets only give combat experience (no skill exp) but I haven't seen if costumes only give combat exp.

+10% combat experience only.

Edit: Love your name dude. Favorite [Effect]-thing ever. <3

Edited by Ziru
Reasons.

Posted

EDIT: The information I originally listed below may be incorrect!

I have discovered another thread (http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/20713-how-many-skill-points-at-50/&page=2) talking about the subject of waiting for skillpoint softcap to do quests and according to Huntler...

Also according to the OP:

Hidden Content

Doing the quests that grant full skill points are much better to be done after softcap. Quests that grant skill exp are best done at the appropriate level range.

This way you'll reach skill softcap very early, around lvl 40 or so. The next ten levels and black spirit quests will grant you guaranteed skill points as well as skill exp. So you'll gain 10 levels worth of skill points after reaching skill softcap, then once you hit main level softcap, do those remaining 50 quests.

That should yield the maximum possible skill points for a character.

Posted

New hero. GOOD Job Bro.

Posted

So these quests should be ignored until after you hit the main level softcap(lvl 50)?

Posted

Doing the quests that grant full skill points are much better to be done after softcap. Quests that grant skill exp are best done at the appropriate level range.

This way you'll reach skill softcap very early, around lvl 40 or so. The next ten levels and black spirit quests will grant you guaranteed skill points as well as skill exp. So you'll gain 10 levels worth of skill points after reaching skill softcap, then once you hit main level softcap, do those remaining 50 quests.

That should yield the maximum possible skill points for a character.

Do you know where is a list of quest that give just Skill Exp and not the Point?

Posted

Do you know where is a list of quest that give just Skill Exp and not the Point?

there are literally thousands of those quests. A list would really be pointless, it would be faster to just unlock them organically than try and map out a route between 5,000 quests

Posted

I have a similar list of +1/2 skill point quests with names / locations / chains+levels required that I'm saving for when the softcap begins to get too much and I need a some quick points to unlock a skill (not going to drop a wall of text here but if anyone's interested message me). Unfortunately that site doesn't allow you to filter by skill xp rewarded and only shows quest chains in one direction so it's hard to give a definitive list of good skill xp quests to grab while levelling.

Posted

YES! Thank you :)

Posted

I have a similar list of +1/2 skill point quests with names / locations / chains+levels required that I'm saving for when the softcap begins to get too much and I need a some quick points to unlock a skill (not going to drop a wall of text here but if anyone's interested message me). Unfortunately that site doesn't allow you to filter by skill xp rewarded and only shows quest chains in one direction so it's hard to give a definitive list of good skill xp quests to grab while levelling.

It would be awesome :D

Posted

I just saw this and now I'm interested, the point is:

- Do all skill point quests after softcap (lvl 50, right?)

But I have a question, the skil exp missions can be done anytime or is it better to do them as soon as they are unlocked? and about the black spirit quests... they are also better to do after softcap?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Alright I'll throw this in here for posterity and anyone else interested, it contains the quests like I mentioned above (skip to line 136, the rest is a levelling guide I wrote for myself). http://pastebin.ca/3382750

Edited by Upset Chap

Posted

Good stuff LordO...thanks :) +1

Posted

thanks boy

Posted

This will be helpfull to those who have trouble with builds like me xD

Posted

there are literally thousands of those quests. A list would really be pointless, it would be faster to just unlock them organically than try and map out a route between 5,000 quests

So you're saying taking the time to do 5000 quest organically at the proper time is more efficient for sp then rushing to the soft cap  and then going back and doing them?

Posted

So you're saying taking the time to do 5000 quest organically at the proper time is more efficient for sp then rushing to the soft cap  and then going back and doing them?

Nope, it is neither fast nor efficient. It's only after months that you'll even notice the effect. By then everyone will be around the same level and very slowly crawling up the level chain, but I'll always have dozens more skill points than people who rushed at first. Because I didn't waste billions of potential skill points by hurrying. I literally mean billions.

Posted

This is amazingly helpful, thank you so much ^_^

Posted

I just saw this and now I'm interested, the point is:

- Do all skill point quests after softcap (lvl 50, right?)

But I have a question, the skil exp missions can be done anytime or is it better to do them as soon as they are unlocked? and about the black spirit quests... they are also better to do after softcap?

Thanks!

It is a matter of some contention. Is it better to see results right away, or only start seeing them after a long time? If you want immediate results, then just grind up to 50 and do the skill point quests and ignore skill exp quests entirely. After 50, the skill exp rewards will be too inconsequential to waste your time with usually. Do them at the correct level and you'll see the results when everyone is lvl 55-60 and somehow you have many more skills than the other guys.

Posted

Nice, thanks for this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for posting this! I've got a question for you. The Black Spirit Co-Op (boss scroll) quests reward skill points, but are only unlocked after completing certain regular NPC quests in the world. Is it possible to delay all Co-Op quests and do them one after the other after hitting skill softcap? (assuming you've completed the required quests during leveling)

I mean these quests: http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/104/2/ & http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/105/6/ 

They also provide blackstones and inventory expansion upgrades, so I'm kind of doubting whether to do these early or not.

Edited by Skaldir