• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is berserker a fit for me?

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I discussed in a post in the main forums that due to a problem with my hands, I do better with MMO toons that are more stationary.  Lots of people suggested wizard as being a good choice in BDO.

Do you think that berserker might also be an option?  Do they have to dodge, or can they block?  Are their combos pretty simple?

I'm 99% a PvE player, very little PvP.

Thanks for any advice!

Posted

Combos are simple but you'll have to use most combos faster compared to other classes in pvp. If you only focus on pve once you get to a certain lvl all you  have do is spin to win while farming for lvl's. Its easy to play in pve and you have to click less buttons than any other class (PvE).

Posted

No sorry dude, I'd actually say Valk or Wiz. Wiz is a devastating turret that teleports. I've barely played it myself.

Valk has a block you can hunker behind with relatively few multiple button combinations in comparison to other classes. It also has ranged attacks and most PvE is using Shield throw + Celestial Spear and occasional Judgement of light, all of which only require 2 buttons. 

Giant on the other hand I've found to be the most underrated class overall. Everyone says they aren't mobile which is complete BS. It's just that you need to cancel 3-4 moves together to move fast and setup/land attacks in PvP, and be mobile in PvE.

Imo you'll find Wiz and Valk a lot easier, with Wiz killing all the things and Valk being able to kill things slower but have less pressure behind her shield.

Posted

So by turret for Wiz, you mean it sits still and blasts things?

What's the Giant class that I keep reading about??

:)

Posted

Berserker=Giant. Most people on RU servers say Giant instead of Berserker.

Posted

Giant on the other hand I've found to be the most underrated class overall. Everyone says they aren't mobile which is complete BS. It's just that you need to cancel 3-4 moves together to move fast and setup/land attacks in PvP, and be mobile in PvE.

I feel like everyone with that misconception's going to have trouble catching/fleeing regardless of class, since that's how it is for most of them.

Posted (edited)

not my video

LAVA DRILL =

IpbDWj6.png

Edited by Churche

Posted

Hello,

I discussed in a post in the main forums that due to a problem with my hands, I do better with MMO toons that are more stationary.  Lots of people suggested wizard as being a good choice in BDO.

Do you think that berserker might also be an option?  Do they have to dodge, or can they block?  Are their combos pretty simple?

I'm 99% a PvE player, very little PvP.

Thanks for any advice!

I also have problems with my hands (only 3 fingers on my left hand work and my right hands about as much use as a chocolate fireguard) but im going to brave the beserker i think its doable changing the games default keybinds round a little.

1 person likes this

Posted

I also have problems with my hands (only 3 fingers on my left hand work and my right hands about as much use as a chocolate fireguard) but im going to brave the beserker i think its doable changing the games default keybinds round a little.

Would playing with a gamepad help?  The control system seems like it would lend itself well to a gamepad and I think I read that the game has native support for them.

Maybe it wouldn't but figured worth mentioning.

Posted

So by turret for Wiz, you mean it sits still and blasts things?

What's the Giant class that I keep reading about??

:)

There are spells that require long casting as a wizard, which will need to have you standing still and less movement to use. though you will still need to avoid a lot of attacks by running around.

Berserker=Giant. Most people on RU servers say Giant instead of Berserker.

Posted (edited)

Would playing with a gamepad help?  The control system seems like it would lend itself well to a gamepad and I think I read that the game has native support for them.

Maybe it wouldn't but figured worth mentioning.

Im actually using a logitech g13, wasd on the joy stick then g keys have shift left click and other things needed to game bound to them, it alone has allowed me to keep gaming post spinal cord injury.

Edited by Pybo

Posted

Im actually using a logitech g13, wasd on the joy stick then g keys have shift left click and other things needed to game bound to them, it alone has allowed me to keep gaming post spinal cord injury.

I love my G13.  I used to use a Nostromo N52te for years but I ended up getting some RSI in my left thumb from holding forward on the dpad so much.  G13 stick is much easier to move and is in a better position where I don't have to hold my thumb in a hyper extended position so much.

Posted

OK, maybe I need to check into some kind of gaming mouse.  I tried a Naga, but didn't do that well with it.

Can Berserkers block?

Thanks!

Posted

They don't get a block like warriors or valks.

For strictly PvE i'd actually think this would be a better class then say Wizard. As a wizard you are squishy, you balance getting enough distance from enemies and landing combo's before they get to you, then rinse repeat. This leads to a lot of kiting/running around and only remaining stationary for a few seconds at a time.

End game berserkers don't really care too much if they take incidental strikes gathering up mobs, you face tank aoe them then spin 2 win and fill the HP bar back up as needed.

Posted

They don't get a block like warriors or valks.

For strictly PvE i'd actually think this would be a better class then say Wizard. As a wizard you are squishy, you balance getting enough distance from enemies and landing combo's before they get to you, then rinse repeat. This leads to a lot of kiting/running around and only remaining stationary for a few seconds at a time.

End game berserkers don't really care too much if they take incidental strikes gathering up mobs, you face tank aoe them then spin 2 win and fill the HP bar back up as needed.

OK, that sounds like a good option.  From what I understand, PvP is pretty much inevitable at higher levels.  Are Berserkers pretty tough and relatively simple in PvP?  I don't really care if I kinda suck, I just don't want to bring down whoever is with me.

Posted

OK, that sounds like a good option.  From what I understand, PvP is pretty much inevitable at higher levels.  Are Berserkers pretty tough and relatively simple in PvP?  I don't really care if I kinda suck, I just don't want to bring down whoever is with me.

No. You literally couldn't find a worse PvP class right now. Grabs are broken. 90% of zerker PvP is landing grabs.

I have a 50 zerker. Going to have to level another character to 50 now as it will likely be months before a viable fix. I don't think any 50 zerker would recommend the class for PvP. Unless your into suffering and pain pick anything else. Warrior is actually very similar play style PvE playstyle, and has skills that work in PvP. Or go Ranger.

Spent $25 RL money on my Zerker bag slots. Wasted. Oh and you make more cash as other classes in end game. As Zerkers money burn from pots is extreme, and you are faced with a choice. Buy Weight limit increases for RL money, or take out few pots and have to return to town very frequently.

Posted

OK, thanks for the heads-up, Justiful.