• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What little PvE content IS there?

67 posts in this topic

Posted

There is obviously not much but I know there is at least some other than grinding in fields. What would I tell someone interested in this game that isn't into pvp? What PvE content would you like to see this game implement? On a practical level, mind you. Having neat features like an interactive physics based environment with items you can use as weapons like Vindictus would be cool but lets face it, it won't happen anytime soon.

Posted (edited)

well they did just add 2 dungeons in kr, so that's becoming a thing.

the physics in vindictus become more of a hindrance late game, but it was a nice touch, apart from the title farming. 

although, end game in BDO still appears to be very pvp sided, i would recommend against getting it if whoever plans on buying it does not have any intention with getting involved with pvp

Edited by Houke

Posted

There is obviously not much but I know there is at least some other than grinding in fields. What would I tell someone interested in this game that isn't into pvp? What PvE content would you like to see this game implement? On a practical level, mind you. Having neat features like an interactive physics based environment with items you can use as weapons like Vindictus would be cool but lets face it, it won't happen anytime soon.

I think they will have all the time to add pve end game. This si only the beginning of bdo and money=developement and us/eu have money to support daum 😜

Posted

I never understood how people enjoy PvE. For my part I played every MMORPG out there and except the first 1-10 times in a raid/dungeon, they just become boring. Mostly because they lack difficulty. 90-100% of the PvE EU/NA community doesnt want difficulty,they just want to feel epic without risk.

Open World Bosses on the other hand arent PvE,they are PvPvE,since you NEED to compete to get them.

7 people like this

Posted

Dafuq did i just read..

Posted

Dafuq did i just read..

Idk man q_q

Posted

I never understood how people enjoy PvE. For my part I played every MMORPG out there and except the first 1-10 times in a raid/dungeon, they just become boring. Mostly because they lack difficulty. 90-100% of the PvE EU/NA community doesnt want difficulty,they just want to feel epic without risk.

Open World Bosses on the other hand arent PvE,they are PvPvE,since you NEED to compete to get them.

not really.  the best example I can give you of open world dungeon is from everquest 1  .   before wow.    very pve centric and was very challenging,

4 people like this

Posted

not really.  the best example I can give you of open world dungeon is from everquest 1  .   before wow.    very pve centric and was very challenging,

Oh im sorry,I only played everquest 2.

But I see how one game that came back from the 1999 destroys my argument that every other mmorpg doesnt have challenging PvE. 

List me a mmo that was a challenge PvE wise released after 2005. No Indie 8bit ones,but real ones.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

after wow pve have become very casual centered in most mmo.  and some just implement them in a way that feels like afterthought.    this trend seems to be getting worse, it seems many devs have become very lazy, a good roleplaying mmo most have a solid pve content or else the game turns into a shooter, only pvp end content becomes dull and boring fast, and totally defeats the purpose of naming it RPG.   with so many good shooters on the market.  I never understood why so some people feel that every RP MMO needs to be all about pvp , specially when their sole interests for playing,is to kill other players.

Edited by Aylindel
8 people like this

Posted

But I see how one game that came back from the 1999 destroys my argument that every other mmorpg doesnt have challenging PvE. 

List me a mmo that was a challenge PvE wise released after 2005. No Indie 8bit ones,but real ones.

So, you're definitely world firsting PvE in every game, right? To begin with, you didn't bother to list out which MMOs you played that "were too easy". Oh actually, you said you played every MMO out there. Well, apparently you didn't play EverQuest. Anything else you didn't play, maybe? Are you just facerolling leveling dungeons and going "oh PvE sucks omg"? For example, the leveling dungeons in FFXIV aren't very challenging at all, because the game in general tries to appeal to super casuals, but if you try to beat all floors of Coil or Alexander (Savage) at the time that it's still relevant and you can't overgear it, it's way too hard for the average user to complete. You think you could just hop in there and smash it out because it's faceroll easy? Yeah, ok. Let me know how that goes. Just because there are people who cry about content being too hard (like the waves of people who complained about WildStar's difficulty) doesn't mean it's even remotely possible that "100%" of the NA/EU PvE community doesn't want difficulty. Saying so is a false premise, and it doesn't do much to support your argument, being that it completely lacks any evidence or examples whatsoever.

If you want to have a legit conversation, feel free to tell us an MMO you played (if you want to be taken seriously, it should be the "hardest" out of all the "easy MMOs" you played - or how about 3 different MMOs? it should be easy since you literally played every MMO in existence, besides the 8bit ones apparently), the specific hardcore endgame content in it you played, whether or not you played the content when it was still relevant, and how easy it was for you. Personally, I think it's pretty unlikely you did much of anything relevant in hardly any MMO. Maybe you played WoW with DBM easy mode enabled and figured you were a big shot, and all other MMOs are just like that, but that isn't the case. If you think PvE is too easy, but somehow did ultra hardcore content in every MMO in existence, you might just want to give up on the genre. Certainly, there's nothing challenging in BDO, either way. PvP is about grinding PvE. It lacks challenge, glorifies time wasted grinding gear, and de-emphasizes player skill. I'd say at present even the faceroll easy leveling dungeons you seem to enjoy so well (and think comprise the entirety of every MMO lol) are probably more interesting/challenging than anything in BDO (with regard to PvP or PvE).

12 people like this

Posted

So, you're definitely world firsting PvE in every game, right? To begin with, you didn't bother to list out which MMOs you played that "were too easy". Oh actually, you said you played every MMO out there. Well, apparently you didn't play EverQuest. Anything else you didn't play, maybe? Are you just facerolling leveling dungeons and going "oh PvE sucks omg"? For example, the leveling dungeons in FFXIV aren't very challenging at all, because the game in general tries to appeal to super casuals, but if you try to beat all floors of Coil or Alexander (Savage) at the time that it's still relevant and you can't overgear it, it's way too hard for the average user to complete. You think you could just hop in there and smash it out because it's faceroll easy? Yeah, ok. Let me know how that goes. Just because there are people who cry about content being too hard (like the waves of people who complained about WildStar's difficulty) doesn't mean it's even remotely possible that "100%" of the NA/EU PvE community doesn't want difficulty. Saying so is a false premise, and it doesn't do much to support your argument, being that it completely lacks any evidence or examples whatsoever.

If you want to have a legit conversation, feel free to tell us an MMO you played (if you want to be taken seriously, it should be the "hardest" out of all the "easy MMOs" you played - or how about 3 different MMOs? it should be easy since you literally played every MMO in existence, besides the 8bit ones apparently), the specific hardcore endgame content in it you played, whether or not you played the content when it was still relevant, and how easy it was for you. Personally, I think it's pretty unlikely you did much of anything relevant in hardly any MMO. Maybe you played WoW with DBM easy mode enabled and figured you were a big shot, and all other MMOs are just like that, but that isn't the case. If you think PvE is too easy, but somehow did ultra hardcore content in every MMO in existence, you might just want to give up on the genre. Certainly, there's nothing challenging in BDO, either way. PvP is about grinding PvE. It lacks challenge, glorifies time wasted grinding gear, and de-emphasizes player skill. I'd say at present even the faceroll easy leveling dungeons you seem to enjoy so well (and think comprise the entirety of every MMO lol) are probably more interesting/challenging than anything in BDO (with regard to PvP or PvE).

Since the forum decided to eat my post I dont feel like writing it again.

Short version short. All PvE games could hook me only for a few weeks mostly,because thats what it takes to master all raid/instances. Without rushing. 

BDO has little to none challenging PvE.

tumblr_m85n5i7GPL1r3rsmpo1_500.gif

Posted

BDO  has very little pve.    at least you can do other things beside pvp.  such as tradeskills and playing with character creation lol

Posted

Short version short. All PvE games could hook me only for a few weeks mostly,because thats what it takes to master all raid/instances. Without rushing. 

I think this speaks for itself, and not in the way you intend.

3 people like this

Posted

I think this speaks for itself, and not in the way you intend.

MQLBqtf.gif

Posted

Hmmm... I don't think Vindictus qualifies as a MMO, although it does have MMO elements.

But here you go regardless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GwxM8Hpr9E

The S3 trash mobs in that game are no pushovers either. They can easily kill you in 3-4 shots with their bows if you're not defense stacked, and their aim is extremely good.

Posted

Guild Wars 2 had challenging PvE, Maple Story did too though that was more artificial then natural. If I could go through the MMOs I've played I'm sure I could pick some more.

Anywho, as someone said earlier, the game will be new (EU/NA wise) and so if it has enough support, Daum/Pearl Abyss will hopefully add more content for PvE (and PvP)

Posted

Hmmm... I don't think Vindictus qualifies as a MMO, although it does have MMO elements.

But here you go regardless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GwxM8Hpr9E

The S3 trash mobs in that game are no pushovers either. They can easily kill you in 3-4 shots with their bows if you're not defense stacked, and their aim is extremely good.

Played Vindictus too,but I was detered by the sheer restriction what to do. The physics were nice,however,it was only dungeon based :( (with a lobby..).

My experience was from OBT,however,so I dont know about the status right now

Posted

Most games aren't really geared towards content locusts.

That aside, I mean you're forced to PvE a shitload in this game for money, but it's mostly grinding. If you're looking for actual PvE endgame? Not much other than worldbosses and that new patch. And World bosses aren't really something you can plan and do when you want to. There's a decent ammount of random acessory things to do that some people will like, but there really isn't an endgame PvE here, not in a traditional sense.

Posted

Played Vindictus too,but I was detered by the sheer restriction what to do. The physics were nice,however,it was only dungeon based :( (with a lobby..).

My experience was from OBT,however,so I dont know about the status right now

I treat it as a fighting game, with a story and co-op. It's very much like monster hunter.

Currently, they attempted to make dungeons less linear, but people didn't like it. It was really tedious to travel all over to kill the bosses. PvP has gotten slightly better, but there is still huge class advantages. Boss fights are much better though. They have gotten 50x more intense and overwhelming as OBT. 

Posted

Didn't realize that the PvE content was so limited. I'll have to stifle my hype a bit and wait until after release to see what they do (if anything). Thanks.

Posted

I personally LOVE that travel isn't "wham bam thank y'ma'am" in this game. It increases my immersion.

Plus, if you have a fast, high level horse, it's a breeze. And if we get the same system we had in KR, we can literally set our autopath, walk away to make a cocoa, and be back in time to kick baddie butt. :3

2 people like this

Posted

Well I would say Wildstar at launch was very challenging in end game PvE-It was very well known to be a very tough game-granted the game was pretty much a horrendous flop-likely in part due to it's hard core nature aiding to you previous point that people don't want difficulty rather to just feel like what they are doing is hard.  Though AoC had far better PvP it was still a pretty tough in some Raids and Dungeons. 

The Secret World is also a relatively tough game PvE wise as was Destiny in the original VoG on hard mode without cheeses and the 'Lost to Light', was it called, mission for Black Spindle was very tricky. 

But yeah the most difficult MMO I've played in recent times was Wildstar. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Try getting your gear to orange grade +20  and build up your tradeempire + make a shit tons in horseracing... also go whale hunting
This will Keep you realy realy Long without the Need of dungeons per se.

There are a few open world dungeons and more will most likely follow to get the "only dungeon/raids are pve" guys going..

This game has more from the famous "the guild" series than from mmorpgs in Terms of pve and i love it

Edited by FlyingSquirrel
2 people like this

Posted

I really don't know where to begin with this guy....... So im just going to call TROLL.... TROLL IN THE DUNGEONS!!! Thought you ought to know.

Like honestly ..... (Add long winded gripe here regarding this person).

Sorry rules state being nice on the forums.. but ill leave it to your imagination on what i was going to say.

Played every MMORPG .... Rift release date 1/5/2011? Who carried you through darkening deeps at launch. Or did you only play said game when other groups carried you through them? Alternatively and more than likely, you where the under-geared guy that we on teamspeak were all talking about saying things like. "this dude sucks.... my pet is out dpsing him".

2 people like this

Posted

Lineage 2 guys ,it had the perfect system.Open world bosses u want pve ? Kill the bosses ,but it aint that simple.In 2006-2008 the C4-C5 era in Lineage 2 dauym...probably the best and most hardcore game ever.Ever since i stopped playing l2 i searched for a game like it ,where it is 1 big ass open world,no dungeons plain and simple.And the best part-The Raid Bosses.It had the most insane drops whoever gets the drop is super rich.It spawned once in 5 days.The best guilds gather and wait for it and once it respawns they start to pvp each other whoever wins the pvp gets the pve too.Now tell me there is a better system that this...The dungeons,on other side are like the cancer of gaming what good is in MMO.MULTI-PLAYER-ONLINE game,to go in a dungeon and just play vs monsters whitout any feeling of the open world of the game ?