• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What little PvE content IS there?

67 posts in this topic

Posted

best sand box mmo for me, was Star wars galaxies

Posted

BDO isn't a sandbox MMO. That implies world-building and town/structure creation. I'd almost call it part PvX MMO, part fantasy-life sim in some ways.

Posted

I think we just need to voice our desire for more challenges in PVE and show that we are willing to support the game in that development.  This game clearly has lots of deep systems that are amazing.  Seems to me that they just have not put the effort into the PVE content *yet* because they haven't seen a demand for it.  I would really like to see there being a challenge to the PVE content so when you see a character at "max" level, you know that that is truly an accomplishment.  I would also like to see PVE content that requires skilled players (2-4) to succeed, instead of brainless PVE "challenges" that simple requires an insane amount of players to auto attack until the enemy drops.  I don't think BDO's issues with PVE are unusual for MMORPGs or typical, but their other systems really show that the developing and design team has talent and that they can do better.  I hope the community successfully communicates that they want this content so BDO can succeed in having fantastic PVP and PVE content.

Posted

I wouldn't say PA hasn't put any effort into PvE content as they've attempted party-recommended dungeons and world bosses in the past and have teased two new party dungeons in their upcoming KR update (though their difficulty and value is unknown as the update has yet to be released). Keep in mind that these "dungeons" are open-world and not instance based, allowing guilds to compete for control over them as well, turning it into a PvPvE scenario. Still, PA is indeed working on bringing in PvE content and though it's been hit/miss, at least they're experimenting and trying.

Personally, I'd like to see more team/party oriented PvE with puzzles and parkour. Beefy monsters with interesting mechanics is great and all, but teamwork has always been the best part of PvE (and PvP) for me. 

Posted

I never understood how people enjoy PvE. For my part I played every MMORPG out there and except the first 1-10 times in a raid/dungeon, they just become boring.

I used to enjoy PvE because DPS parses. What you say is true, after 10 times it gets boring, but if you have a tool that says how good or bad you are performing, it encourages you to perform better next time in certain action/fight. And with that kind of tools you could participate in leaderboards, which is a great way to add some competition towards PvE. I don't see any kind of this coming to BD sadly for some of us ^^

Lineage 2 guys ,it had the perfect system.Open world bosses u want pve ? Kill the bosses ,but it aint that simple.In 2006-2008 the C4-C5 era in Lineage 2 dauym...probably the best and most hardcore game ever.Ever since i stopped playing l2 i searched for a game like it ,where it is 1 big ass open world,no dungeons plain and simple.And the best part-The Raid Bosses.It had the most insane drops whoever gets the drop is super rich.It spawned once in 5 days.The best guilds gather and wait for it and once it respawns they start to pvp each other whoever wins the pvp gets the pve too.

Never played L2 but it sounds sweet, I wish I would tho

Posted

How is the farming in this game? I mean like farming titles, gear etc?

Posted

The tutorial and grinding.

Posted

There is obviously not much but I know there is at least some other than grinding in fields. What would I tell someone interested in this game that isn't into pvp? What PvE content would you like to see this game implement? On a practical level, mind you. Having neat features like an interactive physics based environment with items you can use as weapons like Vindictus would be cool but lets face it, it won't happen anytime soon.

to keep it simple, no

everything in this game revolves around pvp, even the pve stuff. and only pve stuff is grinding mobs and world bosses which people pvp over. The dungeons in the game are open world therefor pvp is there. crafting and gathering ect isnt pve nor pvp, but still has more to do with pvp than pve.

BDo is for people who like pvp and pvpve

pure pve-ers will get bored of the game fairly quickly if they choose to never pvp

Posted

to keep it simple, no

everything in this game revolves around pvp, even the pve stuff. and only pve stuff is grinding mobs and world bosses which people pvp over. The dungeons in the game are open world therefor pvp is there. crafting and gathering ect isnt pve nor pvp, but still has more to do with pvp than pve.

pure pve-ers will get bored of the game fairly quickly if they choose to never pvp

Can you go into detail about pvp a bit further? For example - is there any Playerkill possible? Or Faction vs Faction kill possible - in the grinding areas?

Is there actually a variety of quests to level up? Or do I just mindlessly grind from example level 20-30? What will actually keep me motivated to play if it's just mindless grinding without quests? Is there XP to be gained in pvp fights / arenas, whatever? Are there designated pvp zones?

Posted

to keep it simple, no

that info is a little too bias.    you make it sound like you gonna be pked as soon as you enter the game.   wich is not the case,   I never saw any pking going on while playing the Korean version.     I do agree that end game right now it is pvp basically all around but that will change overtime.  

devs already confirmed that they are working onto improving pve and adding more content .  

pvers can enjoy this game as much as the most avid pvpers, no raids and such right now but that can change.

it is highly subjective each one perception for end game content.  some people will even have fun just making characters.

2 people like this

Posted

I really don't know where to begin with this guy....... So im just going to call TROLL.... TROLL IN THE DUNGEONS!!! Thought you ought to know.

Like honestly ..... (Add long winded gripe here regarding this person).

Sorry rules state being nice on the forums.. but ill leave it to your imagination on what i was going to say.

Played every MMORPG .... Rift release date 1/5/2011? Who carried you through darkening deeps at launch. Or did you only play said game when other groups carried you through them? Alternatively and more than likely, you where the under-geared guy that we on teamspeak were all talking about saying things like. "this dude sucks.... my pet is out dpsing him".

so salty,I need chips with that.

Just because you cant play properly doesnt mean others cant. 

And really,Rift? Little timmy casuals bitched so much that the game was completly overhauled  to be as easy as possible. At launch it was kind of challening,but thats bout it,after some patches it was just another generic wow clone.

PvE is easy as ever, almost every AI is just doing the same,trying to reduce reactive tactics to a real low.

In PvP you got atleast another human which cant be predicted that easily.

Posted

Only two groups had cracked Expert t2 mode of DD before it was nerfed and i knew all 10 of the players. So that would mean i know your Rift character. Mine was Storm Later changed to Amica what was your characters name?

1 person likes this

Posted

that info is a little too bias.    you make it sound like you gonna be pked as soon as you enter the game.   wich is not the case,   I never saw any pking going on while playing the Korean version.     I do agree that end game right now it is pvp basically all around but that will change overtime.  

devs already confirmed that they are working onto improving pve and adding more content .  

pvers can enjoy this game as much as the most avid pvpers, no raids and such right now but that can change.

it is highly subjective each one perception for end game content.  some people will even have fun just making characters.

And let's not forget that there's fishing, gathering, crafting, trading, horse training, home decorating, node managing... which is plenty of PvE content to keep the majority of PvEers satisfied, in my honest opinion.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can you go into detail about pvp a bit further? For example - is there any Playerkill possible? Or Faction vs Faction kill possible - in the grinding areas?

Is there actually a variety of quests to level up? Or do I just mindlessly grind from example level 20-30? What will actually keep me motivated to play if it's just mindless grinding without quests? Is there XP to be gained in pvp fights / arenas, whatever? Are there designated pvp zones?

Playerkill is available once you reach pvp level (which atm is level 30) no factions in this game, but guild vs guild is essentially the same thing when u war with another guild. and yes all those are available in grinding areas. Its pvpve game. There are no zones, its an open world pvp game, and there are quests in the game.

icsaid pure-pvers wont like the game, not people who enjoy both pve and pvp. also korea's pvp level is at 50, ours will be at level 30 and we have a far less restictive karma loss for pking compared to kr. All the pve content they add will be pvpve and still be open world. There wont be any pve instanced dungeons or raids. 

Everything in this game revovles around pvp or pvpve, someone to never look to pvp ever will get bored of the game fairly quickly or just will be leveling chars over and over. The only real pve content to do is grind mobs, which people pvp over. and world bosses which people pvp over. Pure pvver's will love this game at first but be bored after like a month with no pure-pve content

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh im sorry,I only played everquest 2.

But I see how one game that came back from the 1999 destroys my argument that every other mmorpg doesnt have challenging PvE. 

List me a mmo that was a challenge PvE wise released after 2005. No Indie 8bit ones,but real ones.

Wildstar on release. Guilds spent their first weeks on trash and mini-bosses. Months to get past first few bosses. Most guilds quit because they couldnt kill the 2nd boss.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll pitch in a lil, if you like role play / likes occasional PvP / love Seige wars / enjoy playing witcher 3, i suggest that you try this game out. However, if your main focus in mmo is to do raids, go play BnS, that game is basically a raid simulator late game (lvl 50 14 stars lynn blader on china server). Right now, there is no game that has balanced pvp and pve content, unless trion decided to remove their P2W concept..... :( 

Posted (edited)

Oh im sorry,I only played everquest 2.

But I see how one game that came back from the 1999 destroys my argument that every other mmorpg doesnt have challenging PvE. 

List me a mmo that was a challenge PvE wise released after 2005. No Indie 8bit ones,but real ones.

WoW back in the older days, like Sunwell, was incredibly challenging and most people didn't make it there. I was lucky to be on one of the better raid groups of my battlegroup and before the Sunwell nerf, it took us 3 weeks to defeat the third boss and we were still the server first. I don't have time or care to participate in that kind of PvE anymore, but I do enjoy a challenge. That being said, after that nerf I basically quit the game. World bosses are still fun for me.... But when I personally say PvE, I mean just anything that isnt attacking other players for no reason. Crafting/exploring/collecting achievements, mounts, pets, gear. 

Edit: You are correct in that there are no challenges anymore. Its sad. The more challenge, the more reward at the end. For example, I always enjoyed finding or earning rare minipets/mounts in various games. Getting them is rewarding. That Felmyst boss I mentioned above? Literally every one of us had a dang celebration. Rare things and hard things make a game fun and you just don't see much of it anymore. We don't need to pull everyone down to the lowest denominator.... I think that is why a lot of games are failing right now. PvP is cool and all though but it doesn't usually fit my playstyle (though twink PvP in WoW and Rift was fun for me) but for an MMO to really succeed you need to feed all the playstyles (
explorers, collectors, killers, achievers) challenging and rewarding content...

Edited by Apnea
2 people like this

Posted

And let's not forget that there's fishing, gathering, crafting, trading, horse training, home decorating, node managing... which is plenty of PvE content to keep the majority of PvEers satisfied, in my honest opinion.

This ^^^^  As a PvEer I was more than entertained, and almost overwhelmed.  I didn't get to do as much as I wanted to before the beta closed.  I fished, got a horse, did some quests, played for a LONG time with the character creation, explored... the exploring was amazing.  I think there's a lot to do in this game.  Looking forward to seeing some RPers, too.

Posted

Since the forum decided to eat my post I dont feel like writing it again.

Short version short. All PvE games could hook me only for a few weeks mostly,because thats what it takes to master all raid/instances. Without rushing. 

BDO has little to none challenging PvE.

tumblr_m85n5i7GPL1r3rsmpo1_500.gif

Realm firsts atleast then? 

Posted

Energy system. You are punished for PvEing LOL.

Posted

Realm firsts atleast then? 

I didnt play WoW at a expansion release. 

Posted

Lineage 2 guys ,it had the perfect system.Open world bosses u want pve ? Kill the bosses ,but it aint that simple.In 2006-2008 the C4-C5 era in Lineage 2 dauym...probably the best and most hardcore game ever.Ever since i stopped playing l2 i searched for a game like it ,where it is 1 big ass open world,no dungeons plain and simple.And the best part-The Raid Bosses.It had the most insane drops whoever gets the drop is super rich.It spawned once in 5 days.The best guilds gather and wait for it and once it respawns they start to pvp each other whoever wins the pvp gets the pve too.Now tell me there is a better system that this...The dungeons,on other side are like the cancer of gaming what good is in MMO.MULTI-PLAYER-ONLINE game,to go in a dungeon and just play vs monsters whitout any feeling of the open world of the game ?

I will admit I had my fun back in the day playing Lineage 2. Reminds me a  lot of prison rules. To survive you got to get in with a gang so no one messes with you, or you find the biggest MoFo you can and beat the crap out of him. However the 2nd one doesn't work well if you are a lvl 20 going up against a lvl 60. 

Biggest down fall to that game was the gold farmings, farm trains and killed economy upon launch. I really didn't mind the grind, just sucks when you drop your duel S-grade swords from being killed by a random mob and then someone picks them up and runs away before you have the chance to recover them. :S  

1 person likes this

Posted

You guys make me laugh. There hasn't been challenging PvE in games since like 2008. Players have complained so much to devs because content was too hard, that they nerfed everything... literally. All that's left are 5-10 min dungeons. Raid bosses that once took a 40-man to kill over 4 hours, now take 10-man 20 minutes. I've seen in other posts that there are plenty of PvE MMOs out there. Well, there aren't. PvPers will always get their fix, since it CAN'T be nerfed. It is player vs player, after all. All they are getting is a change of venue and some new combat systems moving to a new game.    

Posted

Try getting your gear to orange grade +20  and build up your tradeempire + make a shit tons in horseracing... also go whale hunting
This will Keep you realy realy Long without the Need of dungeons per se.

There are a few open world dungeons and more will most likely follow to get the "only dungeon/raids are pve" guys going..

This game has more from the famous "the guild" series than from mmorpgs in Terms of pve and i love it

if beta 2 goes as im expecting, my start will be slow, cause there so many little important details in the game i dont want to miss, professions, trades, fishing, amity, etc

Posted (edited)

I didnt play WoW at a expansion release. 

New WoW content isn't only released with expansions. We have a LFR hero talking about how easy PvE is even though he has no PvE accomplishments. Congratulations on being able to "master" PvE content after it has been nerfed for the casual masses at its lowest difficulty. It takes the worlds best guilds weeks to clear new raids on hard mode and more often then not they end up getting rebalanced for the masses (nerfed) once it's been cleared. Tell us about how much experience you have clearing bleeding edge content in a game like World of Warcraft. Nobody cares about how bored you are of clearing old irrelevant content that's been nerfed to the ground or about how good your LFR gear is.

There are just as many terrible no skilled PvP players as there are PvE players. It's hilarious to me the amount of PvP "gladiator" players that failed miserably at basic mechanics when it comes to what you call "easy predictable AI". Reading the few posts you've made in this thread makes me think you would fail miserably being put in a real PvE competitive environment because you clearly have no experience or knowledge about any of it.

You don't like PvE content and find it boring? Fine, it's your opinion.
You argue PvE doesn't require skill & you master it all in weeks? Laugh with me, kiddies.

Edited by Hatebringer