• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

If they dont announce CS changes before tomorrow.

93 posts in this topic

Posted

I cant even start imagining in what kind of sheltered care free world some of you people live in when you can dedicate so much mental energy to pointless discussions. If you dont like the prices, dont buy. I am sure Daum will rethink their prices if they get no money. But then that would take some sort of actual self control and not just running after something you want the moment you see it 9_9

I'd be the first to say that at least I am a person shouting in a very large room, listening to nothing but the echo of my own voice, however the reason why I dedicate ANY mental energy or time to this matter is because I want to see the game succeed and survive for a long time to come. If the prices are too high its going to drive away a good chunk of the player base, and the thing with a pvp focused game is that the player base IS the content. An empty mmo is no fun for anyone, so this would drive away even more players. I realize that it won't drive away everyone, and that condensing servers can help a bit, but it still shortens the lifespan that much more. I don't disagree with your statement entirely either, I vote with my wallet.

Posted (edited)

Daum knows alot of players are not happy with the prices in their Cash Shop, they have 3 options if there is no response before Launch:

1. Feign ignorance and keep the same prices and hope that whales and other players are going to pay 32 euro/dollar for one costume.
  2. They changed the prices, but let the players themselves find out ingame at launch (remember CS doesnt release untill the 3rd of March).
  3. They changed the prices and will let the players know about this before Launch.

So if there is no response and the CS is the same at Launch, I advice players to put their money where their mouth is and not give in to these prices. When Daum notices that the costumes are not selling, they will take action, we will see discounts, low prices etc.

I want Daum to make money and support the game, that is why I bought a pre-order package from them, but 32 euro for a costume is absurd. There are alot of methods to make alot of money. I am willing to buy all 3 costumes at 10-12 euro a piece and knowing myself at that price, I will buy them. But seeing a 32 euro costume will scare me and potential buyer away.

GW2 sells alot of costumes and their trick is to make the prices affordable and reasonable and this is why alot of players have alot of the released costumes unlocked.

Edited by Yew

Posted (edited)

You guys saying "they're gonna tell us prices after the game is out so we cant get refundz hahaha" are crazy. NO company would do something so stupid. If they are gonna change the prices they would do it before the game comes out or not at all.

My bets on not at all, CM's have commented on nearly every single issue except the Cash Shop. They close every thread related to it. Just use common sense and realize they aren't changing anything.

just let it go.

(there will most likely be a "grand opening" discount though. pretty much 99.99% guarantee it)

Edited by Dragoon
1 person likes this

Posted

Im a conq pack owner and i would love to see a price reduction.

Because i believe it would be good for the game and not because it would be a short term gain to me personaly

no i think you think that it would be good for the game but the truth is you know that i think that you think they would change it and you will able to buy all the stuff you need

Posted

I think the more important question is what is the Conq. outfit going to look like for Plum?

Because if I were to upgrade I would most likely be saving that outfit for my Plum (when they are added to game).

But on topic, I don't think the Conq. pack folks would rattle their pitchforks over it.

Heck I am waiting to see if they respond before the 26th to decide if I will upgrade from Explorer to Conq.

Jorm

Posted

But it increases the value of the 2500 pearls

Conqueror costume -> Decrease

Horse whistle -> Decrease

Pet -> Decrease

Appearance Change -> Decrease

Etc? (Can't recall all of the bonuses right now...)

I'm fine with the prices changing, myself. Was just giving the reason that person said that. ^^

Posted

Both me and my gf have purchased Conqueror's pack, a very good deal :)  The BGO is a great game, we really wait eagerly to start play this wonderful game on Sunday morning (CET). This game is not what happens in the Cash shop, this game is what you do in the game. The price in the CS doesn't matter, because we coming not to buy so much there from. 
If the price is to high, then.. don't buy it. What's the problem? You don't need anything from the Cash Shop to enjoy the game.

Posted

We all know why right? 

Pre-order packs go off sale on 26th, Feb. 

Better not *piss* off our conquerors pack owners with a reduction in prices. Or even explorers pack owners. 

(ps im a conquerors pack owner.)

Just so you know, i dont care either way, but someone somewhere will care. About whatever change they make, and the forums may explode. 

They could very easily lower the prices and just supplement pre-orders with extra pearls to make up for the lost value - I doubt very much if anyone would complain about that.

Well if they lower the pearl prices in game, then the worth of the conquerors pack actually goes up since the 2.5k pearls are then worth more. At least I think so, maybe someone can correct me.

The value of the pearls go up but the value of the bonus items you got with your pre-order (the reason many people buy the pre-order) decreases and actually could be seen as a material change to the detriment of the customer meaning they would be perfectly within their legal rights to demand a refund (despite any waiver) under consumer protection laws.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

------ it, not worth it-

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

a price reduction will be good regardless of the pack you own.  

30 euros per costume is a bit too pricy atm.      

Posted

Lowering the CS prices will not lower your Conqueror's pack's efficiency. Because while you "loose" worth from the costume and weapon you "gain" it back on the 2500 pearl.

Posted

i think the Conqueror's pack goes off sale as of the 26th and the others get a reduction due to the limited items being taken off

There's no reduction in pack prices, they've been pretty clear about this.

As for CS reduction, I'm still betting/hoping there'll be an announcement before it goes live on March 3rd, if there isn't, I won't be spending any pearls beyond the ones I got with my Conqueror's pack.

Posted

I think the more important question is what is the Conq. outfit going to look like for Plum?

Jorm

Plum, Blader, Kunoichi, and Ninja will not have Conqueror outfits. However, the outfits offered in the Conqueror pack are cash shop costumes on the KR version, so later on there is the possibility they will be offered for sale along with the outfits for the later added classes.

Posted

I guess it's good BDO came out this year and not while I was in college, or else my waifu would be in starter gear sharing Ramen noodles with me.

She's damn high maintenance for a cartoon...

Posted

Who the -----'s gonna buy a 5 dollar costume.

Everybody running around in that 5 dollar costume? Take off the 5 dollar costume.

I remember when that 5 dollar costume was underground.

everybody flaunt your disposable income

Posted

Conqueror costume -> Decrease

Horse whistle -> Decrease

Pet -> Decrease

Appearance Change -> Decrease

It decreases the pet and the appearance change, but ALL packs get those.

It doesn't decrease the value of the Conq costume as this is the only way to get it ever.
Nor does it decrease the value of a permanent horse whistle rather than the time limited one you can rent in the cash shop.

Posted

Plum, Blader, Kunoichi, and Ninja will not have Conqueror outfits. However, the outfits offered in the Conqueror pack are cash shop costumes on the KR version, so later on there is the possibility they will be offered for sale along with the outfits for the later added classes.

887cb32229.png

Nop.

Posted

the only reason why i purchased conq is headstart and armor. i dont care about the items.

Me too, I bought it only for the 96 hours headstart. 

Posted

887cb32229.png

Nop.

trust me they not, they on the KR server before.  its already been talked about by PvtWiggles on his channel and its already known by players on KR. Theyre not unique to the preorder.

Posted (edited)

trust me they not, they on the KR server before.  its already been talked about by PvtWiggles on his channel and its already known by players on KR. Theyre not unique to the preorder.

We're talking unique for our in-game store, not unique throughout all the servers.

I'm prefectly afraid of them being on the KR server.

Edited by Koda

Posted (edited)

Ill help your imagination;

There are no other games out now or out in the coming years that are as good as bdo seems to be. So if they just fix the cash shop we are happy. If they dont we have nothing to play.

EVE Online.

Using thing like "as good as", subjective ....

Edited by Galroche

Posted

I dont play scifi games unfortunately :(

Posted

Not at all the costume in the pack is shit, it's interesting just for the 10% xp bonus.

Is that 10% just for adventure XP or does it also go for contribution etc??

Posted

I'm a conqueror. I got conqueror based on this breakdown:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/46d0hl/true_dollar_value_of_preorder_packages/

That said, do I want CS prices to drop? Yes.

Will I be mad if my conq pack is worth less than $200 after the price drop? Yes.

Will I be completely cool with it if Daum compensates conq with more pearls so that the pack stays worth $200? Yes.

Posted

We're talking unique for our in-game store, not unique throughout all the servers.

I'm prefectly afraid of them being on the KR server.

Kk, just as long as we on the same page. The costumes do exist on the KR server for the classes we will be unable to get at launch, so whos to say they wont appear later while still keeping the starting classes exclusive only to the preorder. They'd still be holding true to their original line. I also need to point out the wording,

zN1dbvU.png