• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

When leveling to 50, Unless you want to be first in EU/NA, dont use a mount.

80 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You should generally not use a mount. 

WHy is this important? Well let me explain, whilst this may increase your levelling time by around 2 hours, it will give you a welcome bonus to your stamina, which is really quite important. 

Why is stamina important? Well it increases the amount of dodges you can do during fights, Dodges become important at later levels for obvious reason. Grinding Mobs, they hit harder at 50. 

And more importantly, PvP. You will learn the meaning of "useful" with the amount of dodges you have. 

Breath has a max level of 30, which equates to a total of +500 stamina. It is really important. Dont miss out for the sake of a mount early on. 

Buying the weapon skin from the CS will increase your stamina by 100, 20%. Buy it. 

To be clear, this is only relevant to your first character. 

Edited by RushXLife

Posted

If you're grinding as fast as you can to 50, running rather than using a mount over a 20 or so hour period will only net you an extra 100~150 stamina. Stamina can easily be trained at any point in the game, rather than while grinding.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you're grinding as fast as you can to 50, running rather than using a mount over a 20 or so hour period will only net you an extra 100~150 stamina. Stamina can easily be trained at any point in the game, rather than while grinding.

Yes it can, but it will slow you down at 50. depending on your class it will vary by how much. Its just recommended to do this way on your first character because you wont have the gear for speed farming at 50. You lose around 2 hours, whilst netting yourself a decent increase which outweighs those two hours you lost. 

This is NOT relevant on alts. 

Edited by RushXLife

Posted

You should generally not use a mount. 

WHy is this important? Well let me explain, whilst this may increase your levelling time by around 2 hours, it will give you a welcome bonus to your stamina, which is really quite important. 

Why is stamina important? Well it increases the amount of dodges you can do during fights, Dodges become important at later levels for obvious reason. Grinding Mobs, they hit harder at 50. 

And more importantly, PvP. You will learning the meaning of "useful" with the amount of dodges you have. 

Breath has a max level of 30, which equates to a total of +500 stamina. It is really important. Dont miss out for the sake of a mount early on. 

Buying the weapon skin from the CS will increase your stamina by 100, 20%. Buy it. 

To be clear, this is only relevant to your first character. 

DUDE WHY YOU GOTTA REVEAL MY SECRET!

xTiTnIsgBD1elr714I.gif

Posted

DUDE WHY YOU GOTTA REVEAL MY SECRET!

xTiTnIsgBD1elr714I.gif

With the gif you show, I suggest you carry a trade pack, it will help you with building up your body to carry more weight.

2 people like this

Posted

I'll afk up my Breath/Stamina when I'm not playing. Since I have no laptop I'd leave my computer on with the game making my character run in circles. This would be most likely during my classes. 4 Hours for the class and an extra 3 or so hours for 2-4 Days depending on my classes.

I got my Breath to 15 in a good 8 Hours, First Day of Beta. Stamina was at 8 I think after 7 Hours. Not doing classes but me Sleeping. But for Head start I think I'd grind till 25 so I don't have to deal with the Area Rush in the beginning area. Since those are soooo fun. Also would raise contribution for a house to run in circles in, don't want to bother the other folks

BTW I noticed that my Breath did not gain xp while carrying the Trade pack, might be since it was at a higher level but it's just something I noticed

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'll afk up my Breath/Stamina when I'm not playing. Since I have no laptop I'd leave my computer on with the game making my character run in circles. This would be most likely during my classes. 4 Hours for the class and an extra 3 or so hours for 2-4 Days depending on my classes.

I got my Breath to 15 in a good 8 Hours, First Day of Beta. Stamina was at 8 I think after 7 Hours. Not doing classes but me Sleeping. But for Head start I think I'd grind till 25 so I don't have to deal with the Area Rush in the beginning area. Since those are soooo fun. Also would raise contribution for a house to run in circles in, don't want to bother the other folks

BTW I noticed that my Breath did not gain xp while carrying the Trade pack, might be since it was at a higher level but it's just something I noticed

There has been no word on auto looping. Hope its in the game. Once you hit 50, you will be wanting to obtain gear and a good ability high tier horse. spending time doing stamina at this point is not so good, you cant level weight and stamina at the same time, + you will be wanting to run your mounts round for 96 hours ASAP. 

Basically doing stamina first and as early as possible even at the cost of a few hours wont hurt, it will save you the time later which you need for more important things. 

Edited by RushXLife

Posted

So is AFK'ing in for the NA version, I couldn't seem to get auto waypoints to work in Beta2 and someone had said they were removed from the NA version.  I personally don't know if it was removed, turned off or just not functioning but I hope it is in for release I was planning to AFK my stamina. :)

Posted

So is AFK'ing in for the NA version, I couldn't seem to get auto waypoints to work in Beta2 and someone had said they were removed from the NA version.  I personally don't know if it was removed, turned off or just not functioning but I hope it is in for release I was planning to AFK my stamina. :)

I hope it's not removed so I can leave the game on for 8-12 hours while I'm at work.

That way I can level breath and strength while afk.

Posted (edited)

I assume you are aware but they have to be levelled separately. But yeh the game is built with auto looping in mind its strange to remove it. 

Edited by RushXLife

Posted

Don't listen to OP, he does not know what he is talking about.

Posted (edited)

I did it the old fashion way, had a controller with hair ties pulling the stick to the left/right then pressing T on key board. Makes me run around in circles. Also as a bonus I placed something on the shift to make me sprint over and over again.

As far as I know? NOPE the Auto-Loop is not in the NA version

Edited by Ryushiro

Posted (edited)

Don't listen to OP, he does not know what he is talking about.

I disagree. 8 months playing in korea. Levelled to 50 4 times, experienced about 70% of the games "content" if you were to % on it though i dont know if thats even possible, the game is endless,completed at least a piece of everything in game, explored all the crafting system, levelling system, breeding system, GvG, Open world PvP, i know what items and sets work with what classes, i understand inside out the node system and trading system. etc the list goes on. 

Edited by RushXLife
2 people like this

Posted

Ofc you'd disagree you are the OP ? ?? ? ? ? ?

Posted (edited)

Ofc you'd disagree you are the OP ? ?? ? ? ? ?

but then i backed it up with my reasoning. To further back it up , it is recommended to do this for your first character in Korea and Russia, though i am unsure about Japan. 

Edited by RushXLife

Posted

Why does it not apply to alts?

Posted (edited)

Why does it not apply to alts?

Because gear is not, level locked, just put the best gear set on your alt and destroy everything with ease and stamina will not be required so much at level 50+ initially. Stamina is basically not a priority on alts. 

Edited by RushXLife

Posted

I hope it's not removed so I can leave the game on for 8-12 hours while I'm at work.

That way I can level breath and strength while afk.

They have said that it will be disabled on release but will be added at a later date.

Jorm

Posted

Ahh ok I see, thanks for the clear up.

Posted

Ahh ok I see, thanks for the clear up.

No problem. To be clear, incase you are unsure, Stamina and weight must be levelled up seperately. You cannot just wear a trade pack and level both basically. Also remember when levelling weight, fill your bag up so you go over your weight limit with a trade pack on. 

Posted

Yes it can, but it will slow you down at 50. depending on your class it will vary by how much. Its just recommended to do this way on your first character because you wont have the gear for speed farming at 50. You lose around 2 hours, whilst netting yourself a decent increase which outweighs those two hours you lost. 

This is NOT relevant on alts. 

How come its not relevant on alts? Do alts and main share stamina level?

Posted

How come its not relevant on alts? Do alts and main share stamina level?

Because gear is not, level locked, just put the best gear set on your alt and destroy everything with ease and stamina will not be required so much at level 50+ initially. Stamina is basically not a priority on alts. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks odd :)

Edited by RushXLife

Posted (edited)

I disagree. 8 months playing in korea. Levelled to 50 4 times, experienced about 70% of the games "content" if you were to % on it though i dont know if thats even possible, the game is endless,completed at least a piece of everything in game, explored all the crafting system, levelling system, breeding system, GvG, Open world PvP, i know what items and sets work with what classes, i understand inside out the node system and trading system. etc the list goes on. 

You, you, you..

The more people follow your adviсe the better it is for me. Thanks for disinformation.

Edited by ServerPolice

Posted (edited)

You, you, you..

The more people follow your advise the better it is for me. Thanks for disinformation.

Go on, explain why i am wrong, and the entire russian and korean community are also wrong. Go on, i wanna hear this epic story.  and its advice not advise. 

Edited by RushXLife